Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Help Make RPGateway Merchandise

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Help Make RPGateway Merchandise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:54 pm

We're accepting any sort of RPGateway-related design for any sort of thing (t-shirts, hoodies, hats, beanies, etc.). Doesn't matter what sort of file you submit, just as long as you post it here. Everyone's welcome to submissions and I encourage feedback.

So, have at it, guys!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kasurin
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Help Make RPGateway Merchandise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:40 pm

Is this an ongoing thing, or is it only for a limited time?

I'm in the process of learning about Photoshop and hope I can make something soon! =/
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:46 pm

It's ongoing, this isn't a contest or anything of the sort. When you feel like you've come up with an idea, just post it up - doesn't matter when.

Kasurin
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:28 am

This sounds awesome... I wouldn't mind having a girlie baseball cap with the current banner emblazoned on it. Or a pillow case. Or umbrella!

Are you really going to print these? Are you using cafepress.com or something? I think I saw a cafepress for GWing a long way back (GWing g-string, anyone?) This will be too much work to print individual shirts, but I wonder if anyone will wear their original characters on their shirts, although it would be pretty easy to print them out on one of those iron-on transferable sheets.

So, just to clarify, any design is good? Is there a color scheme? Do we have a color limit? I'm going to have to learn me some Illustrator skillz.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:01 am

I think hats with the RP Gateway logo embroidered/patched on them would go over really well. Beanies or Baseball caps would provide a good selection. Embroidery would cost more and would require a specific number to produce up front but I think it would make the item more desirable to wear, instead of a novelty that they keep on their PC monitor.
I think there are a number of ways for people on there own to create a t-shirt and such through websites affordably these days. So I think you need to offer a superior product to create interest.

I was wondering if the Admins would care for me to design them a mascot for the site that could liven up the place. I draw and have decent Photoshop/Gimp/Illustrator skills and would be happy to whip up a couple of concept sketches. In fact I think I will work on that as soon as I get some free time today. If this mascot idea takes off, I crochet and would like to work up an amigurami doll that could be produced on a limited production basis. OMG!

<HIJACKS THE THREAD> Yoink!
"To arms!"

Does anyone have any suggestions for a mascot that all the members could get behind? Original ideas only, please no copyrighted or trademarked characters. It could be; slightly anime, cartoonish, or realistic; a whole character or just a face; animal, human or a cross. What ever it is, I believe it should represent the site as a whole and not just one of the genres found here.

I think a good concept might be a hydra or chimera of some sort to represent our diversity.

Boy! Do I really take over everything? "I’m a helper."

quidhala
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:14 pm

First of all, enthusiasm much appreciated but there will be no hijacking of threads, thank you very much.

Yes, we do plan to print these in the future. We do have a cafe press from what I understand. The design and color scheme has been left vague for a reason; that reason being it's your place to decide what looks good. The only criteria for this is that it should be RPGateway-related.

As for the mascot, we already have a logo. This should be taken as constructive criticism -- the mascot would be too much, in my own professional opinion. Mascots are more for sports-related teams, the way the general public sees it. I'm not saying not to go for it, or doing away with your idea 'cause like I said, "Have at it."

Kasurin
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:24 pm

I agree with Kasurin. I think it'd be too much to have a mascot. Maybe someone might come up with an amazing mascot that perfectly suits the site, but I think the logo is fine. I love how simple yet elegant it is.

I'm glad there is no criteria. It makes it harder because you have no idea where to start, but easy because you have no guidelines, if that makes sense. I guess it just depends on how creative you are. I am going to start brainstorming on it in class when I should be listening.

xD

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:16 pm

Our logo isn't set in stone, either - don't let it limit your creativity.

All of our old GWing Merchandise is still available, though much of it is a bit bland. We'll be replacing these items with RPGateway related branding, using whatever people come up with from here.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:10 am

I love our logo. I think it should be set in stone, personally. But, it would be neat to see what else people can come up with.

And Eric, what do we search for at CafePress to find the GWing stuff? I searched under "All Departments" for "Gwing" and got no results. I also searched for "g wing" and got a bunch of stuff that wasn't really Gwing. =(

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:48 am

I made a mistake in my link, it should work now.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:30 pm

I'm thinking about remaking the logo, myself, actually. And besides.. I wasn't smart and kept the .PSD file I made it in, in the first place - wasn't aware that Eric would actually use it at the time.

Kasurin
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:23 am

I just want to say that the anime girl that greets people on the home page could easily be seen as a mascott. I think when new people come to the site and see her they think of her that way. If that is not your intention then you might want to consider rebranding the site with a new mascott. I like her, <drool> but I didn't know if she was someone's original work or a donated asset.

Also, you wouldn't have to push the mascott onto the clothing/merchendise immediately. I just thought it would be something to discuss and possibly adopt over a period of time.

Plus I just like making dolls.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:49 pm

I honestly don't think anyone really sees our girl on the front page as a mascott, if anything it's just a hot chick to make you drool. As I said, we have a logo, mascott's too much. But, again, I also said go for it regardless.

So, I'd like to see some designs versus explanation as would everyone else.

Kasurin
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:02 am

I'll look for an image hosting site that I can access and I'll get to work. Hope to show you something soon.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:58 am

OMG I HATE ILLUSTRATOR. It is the spawn of the devil. I swears.

So, here's a super-rough sketch of what I had in mind before Illustrator decided to go disgusting on me:

If any Illustrator-or-some-other-program-inclined person wants to clean it up, GO RIGHT AHEAD.

The plan was to give it a distressed, vintage-y look that would look cool on a shirt or a hat. I'll keep working on it though... I will beat Illustrator into submission...

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:24 am

I love that, Dovey! Is that the whole picture? It looks like it got cut off....It's so pretty and feathery!

I've been doing a few sketches of my own. I am determined to work on trying to learn PhotoShop this weekend since exams will be over by the end of the week. Maybe I can have something by next week.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hilde on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Cleaned up I think it will be gorgeous. I love the colors. Dovey that is two thumbs up. I would wear it, that's what I mean. I would wear that brand in a heart beat. Use a mug with it slapped on there, a pencil, a notepad, etc. You get the idea.

Hilde
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:12 am

Almost forgot about this.

I don't know why it's cutting off for you, Melfina. I think it's probably the forum; maybe if you Right-Click --> View Image the whole thing will show up.

Thanks for the feedback, Hilde. Now that I think of it, this design looks like the original RPGateway logo with the feather and all.

Not much of a difference from the initial sketches, but I changed the direction of the feather for this version. And I guess I'm getting the hang of Illustrator. This will probably go through some changes once I look at it with a fresh pair of eyes.

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:08 am

Dovey, that's beautiful!

I'd wear that in a heartbeat.

I've been working on logo stuff, but have yet to get it into my laptop somehow. I can't wait to polish it up a little and get it up.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:22 pm

I like Dovey's both versions, black & coloured. And I can help you with Illustrator, Dovey; I see where things can be more fluid. PM me or better yet, get a hold of me through one of the many messenger options. You can either transfer the AI file to me or I can just step-by-step tell you what to do. Either way - Illustrator's nice and dandy once you know what the hell you're doin'.

>.> And yes. I've been M.I.A. for quite some time. REALLY SORRY. ;_;

Kasurin
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!