Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

I Hereby...

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

I Hereby...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm

Declare myself the ruler of this place. Kiddo is co-ruler.

I'm going to use this place to expose you all to MMA.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:11 pm

Psh. 2 tournaments next month. Not MMA, but it's a start. Time to show all of you my new 150 lb toned body, only gaining weight from muscle, from this point on.

Ah. And. Not that I don't like MMA fighting, but a quote from Ken Shamrock: "What I do is a sport. What you do is survival."

Meet me on the street, and try something. I'm going to rip your trachea out, stab my fingers into your eye sockets as far as they go, bite, claw, kick you in the nuts, I don't give a rat's ass. Survival is what matters. Sure, if you throw a straight punch at me, I'm going to use some form of throw or something... hell, I'll take your shot to my face and THEN proceed to step inside and take you down.

Andy, Kiddo... we all need to get together and have some fun. Christmas break or some shit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:11 pm

Master wrote:Andy, Kiddo... we all need to get together and have some fun. Christmas break or some shit.

You guys are talking about, like.. [edit]homosexual intercourse[/edit], right? I'm game.

Edited by myself, because of the G rating.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:21 pm

ah.. yea... that one above was me.

Master, I think you should turn off the thing that allows guests to post. It'll prevent things like that in the future.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:12 pm

I need to get back into something, it will help me lose weight. I think I will get back into Judo if anything.

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:00 pm

Daigotsu wrote:I need to get back into something, it will help me lose weight. I think I will get back into Judo if anything.

BJJ. It's your only choice.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:41 pm

The only problem I have with committing to a ground style...

When I take someone to the ground, its not on any kind of mat. It's on asphalt, if I am lucky. If normal circumstances exist, it is covered with potholes, cracks, broken glass, among other nasty things that I tend not to enjoy when they slide into my legs and lower torso. Christ, I have important things down there!

Sure, I'll study groundwork and such. I'll even go to school for it. But, I always keep in my mind the practicality of everything I do. In a real situation, I am not going to take them to the ground if I am not required to. I won't hesitate if I need to, but, chances are, as long as they are in my reach, they are going down and I'm not. Bleeding and broken shall they lay, while I dominate the higher ground.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:53 pm

I'd rather take them down on the asphalt than give them the chance to take me down. Granted, with my reach, it's just as easy to win the fight standing, but I wouldn't hesitate if the opportunity presented itself to shoot and takedown. With them on the bottom, I'm not taking much damage.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:40 am

Did I ever tell you when I got pulled outside after wandering the dorm barefoot, only to find myself in a big circle with some other dude facing me?

When the fight ended, which was more a show fight than anything, because the people pulled me off of him and stood us back up... I realized my feet were bleeding quite profusely.

Apparently... someone had shattered several flourescent lightbulbs out there the night before.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with staying on top, but when bracing, my legs and lower torso get torn to hell on the street.

I'm not taking the fight to the ground, he's the only one being grounded.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:16 pm

Lol... dork...

But yea. I'm a big fan of Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, Judo, BJJ, and... Kickboxing I guess too, as practical martial arts. Kali is good also, Wing Chun is decent.

But anything is better than nothing so long as you practice Bruce Lee's concept of an open mind. Criticize everything you hear. Ask for proof, argue til you are satisfied that the technique you are learning and using is effective.

Keep your hands up in in a street fight and watch for the take down, always protect yourself.

The best thing to do is to learn as much as you can from everything. I say I study Muay Thai and BJJ, but really it's a mix of Muay Thai and Boxing as well as BJJ and Submission Wrestling. I used to take Tae Kwon Do. Anything is better than nothing, even Eric's Karate.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby_Zero on Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:22 am

Lmao. Andy.

I got a kick ass story for ya, but I can't do it over the gawd damn net.
So I'll try my best.

As of now, I'm in Tae Kwon Do, learning Judo and Hapkido in the side.
And before that, I came fom Tang Soo Do and BJJ.

The teacher in mt TSD and BJJ school was tough and hardcore. He goes hard on everyone.
Eventually, I had to move out to another school because of my mommy.
=[.
Than, I was looking for another school, and I remembered, my best friend goes to this "Tae Kwon Do" style. So I decided to give it a shot.
I ended up staying anyway cause there's nothing else around here.

But that TKD teacher is nothing but a white beer belly Brooklyn guy that thinks he knows everything. Hur hur hur. Not.

Been in there for 4 years about, and my mom found something for me!
MANDARIN CLASSES! I was excited cause I can actually learn more about me culture. And in the classes list, I FOUND WING CHUN!

YAH MADER FUKAAAAHHHH

1st day. Mandarin teacher isn't that sexy. But she was okay. Class went slow cause the kids couldn't recognize they're own names when she was calling for attendance. G'job. Once it was time for Wing Chun, I was so ready to get pumped! Ready to do something! READY TO KICK SOME ASS IF I CAN!! I get there. It's a FATTER white guy. I was disappointed already, white teacher in a Chinese teaching program.

And than wtf! He said he's only teaching us a little bit. THAN WHAT THE FUCK AM I PAYING FOR???? It's cheap though.
Oh, and then he did this 'oh famous great form"

He did everything so sloppy... ugh..

Finally he finishes and starts to teach us.In two hours, he was only capable of teaching a 2 hour class only like, 9 movements out of 50.
It was more like 2 hours of complete horror.

There was this one moment of that class, he taught us the ONE INCH PUNCH!!
He told this 8 year old to keep punching him with it. Hur hur hur.
Some teacher, he thought he was oh so great blocking his techniques.
The kid wasn't even punching straight punches. They were like wobbly round house punches that went .5 mph. I was about to step up, and teach that kid how to do straight punches, cause that teacher isn't doing squat.

Few minutes later, he asked this middle aged man to come up to be hit with the one inched punch. AND WHAM!!
OMG THE OLD GUY HURT!!
OMG NO FOOKIN WAY!!
OMG YOU FOOKIN HIS HIM IN THE SOLARPLEXES!! IT'S NOT THAT AMAZING "SIFU CLIFF"!!

That nametag he had couldn't get anymore white.
"Sifu Cliff".

There's this one point where other people were pointing and talking about me. It was... quite annoying.

Worst class ever. I've hit rock bottom.

P.S. The 2nd classes are today. It's on every Sat. I hope it gets better.
I got a Tae Kwon Do tourney coming up in Oct. Wish me luck homies.

Baby_Zero
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.