Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Heroes: Brave New World (OoC/Sign-Up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Heroes: Brave New World (OoC/Sign-Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThrashMetallix on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:07 pm

The year was 2010. The world was shocked to discover the presence of people we would soon come to know as "EVOs", our common nickname for evolved humans. EVOs are different from other humans, in multiple unique ways. But the one thing that sets them apart from other people, is the fact that they've evolved nothing short of incredible abilities. What we once thought to be things only we could dream about or tell in a simple story, were now happening before our very eyes. Human flight, teleportation, regeneration...it was straight out of a story for the world.

It all started with one girl's jump from a Ferris Wheel. A leap into a Brave New World...

Claire Bennet. She wasn't even 25 when she was killed in an apparent terrorist attack last year. So much has changed since the revealing of evolved humans. From what I understand, there have been a lot of things changed. FOr all I know, we're living in an alternate time right now. Dig deep enough, and you'll find things out that you never would have thought. Apparently New York almost ten years ago was supposed to be devastated by some sort of explosion, triggered by an EVO. They stopped it. That's not the only story I've found involving EVOs either. Apparently our government has also known about them for a few years now too. I remember seeing something on the news about certain citizens being rounded up in what some called a breach of the Patriot Act. Then they kinda turned a blind eye to everything, at least until Claire threw herself off that Wheel.

Now here we sit in the year 2015, and all I can see now, are things starting to get out of control. It's not out of the ordinary to see accidents on the news...accidents involving EVOs. It's only a matter of time before the world starts to turn its back against them. When will the hunts start up again? When will another Sylar emerge, if Sylar ever died to begin with? So many evolved humans out there, people who never asked for anything like this to happen to them. People who pay taxes, are loving parents, work for minimum wage, just live normal lives...like I did once...having their lives turned completely upside down. So many of them have no idea how to control the gifts they have. So many have no idea what exactly can happen to their loved ones, or those who they care about. All of them have no idea just how much a little evolution in their life...can change everything.

I've been told before that a normal life is not possible with this...but it doesn't stop me from looking for it...and it doesn't stop me from helping those who also look for it.

--------

Welcome to Heroes: Brave New World

This RP centers around normal people who are gifted with extraordinary abilities, and the lives they live, and how they are all connected in certain ways and whatnot. This takes place in the Modern World we live in, DURING the events of Heroes Reborn. (I have not seen the series so as far as our people actually being involved with the show's events...I wouldn't know), but take note that this is not meant to be a literal reprisal of the show. This is meant to be it's own thing pretty much, which might interact with things canon, or take a completely different route, but all in all, it's meant to be it's own thing and fun.

RULES:

1). We ask for your best effort when making posts. This being said, One-liner posts are absolutely unacceptable. One-liners show a lack of imagination and creativity, and that you generally don't care about what you're doing. I ask for a minimum of five sentences. If you're exchanging dialogue between a character, and feel that you may not have enough to write a full five sentences, consider doing the dialogue exchange with the other person in private message or chat, then post the entire conversation in the role play.

2). I understand that typos are inevitable, and happen to the best of us, but please use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I understand if it's an occasional mistake, but consistency and bad grammar will not ride well here. Please do your best to use proper grammar when posting.

3). Be courteous to your fellow role players. I understand that teamwork can be difficult in creativity at times, but if you have a problem with someone, there's no need to start a flame war. If there's a problem, report it to me or one of the mods of this role play. We will do what we can to settle the problem.

4). Try to be as realistic as possible, especially when developing characters. The more depth a character has, the better it will play out in the end, more often than not. Do not Mary Sue and have your character be immune to everything if you happen to get into a fight. Fights are an entertaining way of solving certain problems, but when you are immune to everything, then it takes the fun out of it. Which means no god-modding/auto-hitting.

5). This is kinda an add-on to the rule above. If you wish to have a character with multiple abilities, you may do so, UNDER STRICT LIMITATIONS. I am all for interesting characters, and I even have a character with a few abilities planned out, but no one likes a perfect hero. If your character is basically the Hero version of Goku, you can be sure as hell that he will not be approved (nothing against the fans of Dragonball Z). I encourage creativity when it comes to abilities, but if that creativity just resorts to blowing up everything in sight without rhyme or reason, there's just nothing interesting in that. Each character submitted will be thoroughly looked at, and if there are any indications to possible problems, I reserve the right to question you on it, or straight up reject the character.

6). Characters that are canon in the Heroes Universe may be used. That means if you wanted to play Sylar...you can. HOWEVER, firstly...if you were going to play one of the more powerful characters in the canon universe...you will still be asked to limit yourself. If you wanted to play Sylar, and you wanted to attempt to kill a character, get in contact with that character's owner, and talk it out. It might be interesting. You may not "kill" them but it might make for a cool scene regardless.

Secondly in this rule, if you wanted to play Peter Petrelli, Peter no longer has his empathy ability. He has ability replication, which means he holds to only one ability at a time. He lost empathy.

One final part in this rule is that canon characters who have been killed off in the show cannot be played. I shouldn't have to explain why. This means characters such as Isaac Mendez, Adam Monroe, Claire Bennett, Nathan Petrelli, and Elle Bishop just to name a few may not be played.

7). If you wish to have your character without powers, that is absolutely fine.

8). If you want your character to have an ability that has already been taken, please get the permission of the original user first. That means if you want pyrokinesis, but someone already has a character who has it, please ask them. However, if another character has it, but has not been active, I will allow the power to be used.

9). All rules are subject to change. I like to think myself as open-minded enough to listen to those who want to roleplay with me. I'm not gonna bite your head off if you have a question regarding the rules, or whatnot. If there is something you feel might be harmful to the overall roleplaying experience, feel free to voice your opinion.

10). You may have more than one character, but please be wary that too many characters can be a bad thing. If you want to control more than one character, I'd recommend controlling no more than three at the most.

11). Romance is an emotion that adds great depth to a character sometimes, and good story. I understand that some of you may wish to roleplay romantically with other roleplayers. This is acceptable, and encouraged for some. That being said, there may be absolutely NO adult scenes posted publicly. This means any sexual scenes, or anything that might make someone uncomfortable whilst reading are strictly forbidden from being posted publicly here. I understand that such actions are just a part of life, and that some may wish to roleplay it out to develop their characters. That is something however that is restricted to private message only. If it's not safe for work, keep it in PM.

12). Please have fun. Follow the rules, respect your fellow roleplayers, and this can go far.

If I get enough signups, the IC will be created. For now, feel free to post up a character sheet.

--------

CHARACTER PROFILE

Name:
Ability/Abilities: (Please describe what your character is capable of)
Appearance: (Pictures are optional, but if you choose to describe in words, please be detailed as to what your character looks like)
Personality: (How does your character behave most of the time? How does he or she respond to others?)
Bio: (Give us some background as to what your character has been through up to now. You may reveal it in the roleplay as well, but I do request that some backstory be given here.)

I will not require an introduction post to show how detailed you are. I trust that you will all have read the rules, know what I expect, and whatnot.

Hope to see a few characters soon, and hope you all have fun. I will post my characters soon.
Drive on. It don't mean nothing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ThrashMetallix
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Heroes: Brave New World (OoC/Sign-Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LivyGrey on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Hey, I'm sorry it took me so long to respond- I'll work on CS ASAP and I'll edit it into this post.
My Little Tumblr Blog
"It's better to burn out than fade away,"
-Kurt Cobain

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LivyGrey
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!