Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Hey there!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Hey there!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rou'Ver on Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:55 pm

Hi! I'm new ~ Obviously.

I'd really like a chance to see if I fit into this roleplaying community. I have been at it around 5 years now, and I am far from a master, but I know my way around a keyboard and a chat room. I'm kinda new to the whole "forum rp" idea, so I'm hoping to learn something new.

I'll probably be posting my character sheet up for my char here in the next little while, but I was hoping to connect with someone personally and ask a few questions.

Other then that, I'm glad I am here and I hope that in the future I can be involved and/or inspire many great roleplays!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rou'Ver
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:15 pm

Welcome to RPGateway! Glad you stumbled across our little abode here, but I'm sure you'll find it cozy and comfortable. It's still got that fresh upholstery smell, but already got the broken in feeling that just makes you so giddy inside.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find this community to be very helpful, and virtually all of our members are willing to answer questions or help you get started. Not because we make them (those allegations of me threatening people with relentless torture are all untrue!), but because they want to. However, if you really want to talk to the staff, most of the moderators are easy to talk to. Even the admins such as myself don't remain aloof. Eric (Master), the creator of this wonderful place, is a very dedicated admin and will definitely take suggestions or concerns into mind. So please, don't hesitate to ask any of us questions or give us suggestions for new roleplay ideas. We're a heavily user-input based society and we try to remain open minded.

So, fire away with your questions and join in on some of our RPs. Most of our RPs are willing to accept new members even if they're already in motion. If chat RP is your style, the chat is just a click away on the left menu bar. Welcome to our home. :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:18 pm

You make the world a happier place. Sure, I will try talking to the staff most of the moderators are easy to talk to.

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rou'Ver on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Wow it is very nice to see a reply so fast, and so pleasent!

I'm having an issue with the chat room link, as its saying whatever room doesnt exsist and I havent tried to join any yet...

*confused*

I'll keep fiddling.. and yes, chat rp does me better then forum rp ^_^

Rou'Ver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rou'Ver on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:20 pm

HAL wrote:You make the world a happier place. Sure, I will try talking to the staff most of the moderators are easy to talk to.

haha.. Nice little robot there. I did my homework and learned early about this one.

Nice to meet you HAL!

Rou'Ver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:21 pm

It's nice meeting you too Rou'Ver

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:23 pm

Hmm try typing in /join #Gwing. If worse comes to worse, you can download mIRC or Xchat and connect to irc.surrealchat.net and join room #Gwing. We also have an OOC room called #OOC (intuitive huh?).

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rou'Ver on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:25 pm

haha awesome! Thanks much. I'll stick to the browser for now, I had all those other fancy things and it just ended up confusing me :(!

Rou'Ver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rou'Ver on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:26 pm

Oh hey, think you could tell me how to get my name changed from guest#?

Rou'Ver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:30 pm

Type in /nick (Insert your name here)

You may need to register your nick name. To do that, you'll need to first switch to the name that you want to make sure it isn't taken. Then you'll need to type in /ns register (Insert a password here) (insert your E-mail address here)

Once you do that, you'll receive a confirmation E-mail and then that name is yours to use and only you. So, the next time you log into the chat, identify yourself and it'll automatically give you that name. So, you would type in /ns identify (password here) and it'll recognize who you are and switch you to your name. It might sound confusing at first, but really it's pretty easy and prevents someone else from pretending to be you.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rou'Ver on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:33 pm

Ah yes! I remember that from mIRC when I was using it about a year ago. Got it. I'll register later though! I'd like to jump in and get my feet wet..

I asked about the list and /list isnt working for me.. Have any suggestions on where to get into a vampire rp? Or where they are acceptable?

Thanks for being so helpful!

Rou'Ver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:44 pm

#GWing is where most of the RP will take place. We have something called the Multiverse where all forms of RP can take place. If you wish to begin an RP in the #GWing room, merely state it and an admin/moderator should switch the room to IC. IC rules will be enforced and all OOC talk should be moved to the #OOC room. Generally if an RP is started, some others will join in with their acceptable characters. The Multiverse takes place in a city called Wing City - a city that has suffered through wars and destruction over the past several months. It's currently in the rebuilding process, so some places of the city are still in ruins while others are being built up again. The northern half of the city is currently under control by an invading force led by a General that goes by the name of Lady Une. The southern half is where most of the current goings on are taking place. Key points of interest are a club called The Oasis where some freedom fighters hang out, there's Gambit's Bar which has been recently rebuilt in the red light district where generally anybody can hang out. Next door to the bar is a place called the Bunny House for... A good time. :D

Anyway, when you start making a few more friends, you'll eventually want to start making private RPs which you can do in the chat by joining a room that you make. For example, a vampire RP might have a room called #Vampires. So you would /join #Vampires and it would automatically make that room if it doesn't exist.

Really the best place to begin is in the Multiverse where you can interact with a multitude of characters from various dimensions, and then branch out from there. Also, a lot of the Forum RPs sometimes transfer over to chat RPs when a few of the participates are online.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rou'Ver on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:49 pm

Thank you again SinfulSoul! I'll try my hand and getting something started.

Really appreciate it!

Rou'Ver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:50 pm

"it" being I'll try my hand and getting something started?

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:20 pm

No, HAL, "it" being the help given! Geez... don't hurt me! Ah! Save me from HAL!

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:20 pm

Ah. Ah hah.

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:24 pm

See!?!? He's trying to kill me!! AHHH!!!

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.