Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Heya.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Heya.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harlow_Foster on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Hey there, ladies and gents.

I'm Harlow. I'm 27, been text-based RPing since I was a teenager. I've belonged to a number of online communities focused on RPGs, but left the whole scene four-ish years ago. I'm looking to get back into the swing of things, and find some new friends to RP with. My favorite genre is medieval fantasy. My two favorite authors are Joseph Campbell and Kurt Vonnegut. I realize that might sound odd, considering my favorite genre, and I'm cool with that. I love videogames, anime, and I work by trade for a big-ass ad agency, doing design-y, wacky creative madness all day.

I'd love to make some new friends on here. Say hi to me on here or via PM~!

Oh! I guess I should mention I'm a veteran of RoninWarriors.com aka The Ronin Lounge. I noticed the Gundam Wing veterans and wasn't sure if there were any crossover members, or if anyone even remembers RL.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Harlow_Foster
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Heya.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Forgive me if my writing is a tad sloppy. I'm writing this on my phone! Welcome! Like you medieval fantasy is one of my favorite genres. Anything having to do with fantasy really. Futuristic and realistic on the other hand aren't my cup of tea. I've never gotten into chat or text bases roleplay myself (I've been a forum rper). But I like to craft my posts and whatnot. Advertising sounds like it could be interesting. Currently I'm a psychology/premed student but I act as a caregiver part time.

Anyway, welcome again! Sorry for the belated welcome. People are busy writing it would seem. Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask me questions if you have any!

~ Maestro

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WritingToSpilMyHeart on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:59 am

Hello! Well, you seem to have quite a bit experience. Maybe we can roleplay together some time, sounds fun. Welcome!
Congratulations to Tyler Wright for winning the Vans US Open!

WritingToSpilMyHeart
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:41 pm

'Ello Harlow, I am James also known as Winds of Fate, Winds, Fate, or even Momma Winds depending on whom you may come across here on this wondrously marvelous site. I have been a member here for 5 years, even though my thing says four its more like 5/6 because yea I'm fierce like that. lol. I want to welcome you to RPG, RolePlayGateway, and I hope you have an awesome freaking fabulous time here. I will be providing you with a few links to help you get started but I do want to make mention the navigation bar at the top of the webpage and the chat bar at the bottom of the webpage. These things weren't put there by accident, they're there to help you navigate the site better and ask questions quicker.

You can always reach out to me or any of the staff if you have any trouble of questions. I will be checking in with you over the next couple of weeks to make sure you are integrated and all that good stuff. Now since you said you like videogames I'll just leave my usernames for Xbox and PC's Valve right here. SanctityHaven2 - XBOX & SanctityHaven - Valve. I'm into FPS and RPGs as well.... I loved Diablo 3, it was fabulous. I will be getting a Playstation PSN username one day, but not today, lol.

Help - If you have a moment, and something is simply NOT working for you, post in the help thread and we will do our best to assist you in a timely manner.

Rules - While we all love to have fun, there are a few simple rules that you can read over at your own leisure. We want to make sure you have a awesome time.

Out of Character - This is self explanitory, it's the place you go to sign up for stories you want to be a part of. :)

and make sure you HAVE FUN!!!! That's my number 1 rule darling.

XoXo
Winds of Fate
Global Moderator

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!