Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Heyo, I'm New

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Heyo, I'm New

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JackOhLantern on Tue May 03, 2016 12:05 am

Yo, my name is Jack and I suck at introducing myself. I'm always up for a roleplay, so don't be afraid to hit me up. I'll roleplay pretty much anything except zombies. I don't know why but I hate zombies. It'd have to be a freaking good rp to have me involved with it if there are zombies. Anyways, I'm kinda new at roleplaying, I've only done one big one, and a few small private ones, but I'm an experienced writer, so I know what I'm doing. I don't really care about time zones, since I never do anything important over the weekends or summer (I'm EST if you're wondering) so yeah. I'm kinda awkward at first if you couldn't tell. Um...I'm not sure what else to write... I have various characters for various settings (though I guess everyone does). I try to have interesting characters, however, I don't know if that's worked out since I hardly get to use them...So help a bro out and rp with me.
[Instert witty signiture here]
https://weirdspaceprince.tumblr.com

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JackOhLantern
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Heyo, I'm New

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Tue May 03, 2016 2:14 am

Hey there Jack! Welcome to our site! Real quick, I'm gonna hit you with some important links that you may find helpful.

Site Rules - There aren't too many, but they are important. Make sure you at least look over them.
Interest Checks - Where people post ideas for roleplays they want to make. If you like an idea, let the creator know that you'd be interested in playing!
Roleplayers Wanted - Where people post ads for roleplays they have already made. Good place to find active roleplays looking for members.
Role Play Academy - Place to go to improve varying aspects of your roleplaying, from writing to character development.

Last, but not least, is the Multiverse. This is the biggest roleplay on our site by far. It can be daunting at first, but for many members it is their primary way of roleplaying.

With that out of the way, let me be the first to formally welcome you to the site. As you can probably tell by my green colored name, I'm a part of the moderator team here. We make sure everything runs smooth and everyone has a nice time. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to bring them to me or to any other moderator, either in this thread or in a PM(which you will need 10 forum posts before you can send.)

I know I speak for all of us when I say we're glad to have you here. Hopefully you'll find something that piques your interest(trust me, I get the zombie thing. I like zombie media, but zombie RP's are wayyyy overdone) and will keep you here for a long time. I think you'll fit right in!

Cheers
Solo Wing Pixy
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue May 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi, Jack! Considering that a fellow staff member has, yet again, beaten me to the punch in terms of sharing the important links (shakes fist at the moderators), I'll just go ahead and introduce myself and Scholars in general. :)
I'm Echo, a Scholar here on good ol' RPG. Scholars are identified by their dark blue names, and are the official mentor figures of the site. So, if you need help navigating Gateway, or help writing and RPing in general, feel free to hit some of us up! I swear that we don't bite...much

Anyway, I'd love to RP with you sometime, if the chance comes up! I'm more of a Fantasy/Sci-Fi person, myself, although I do agree somewhat on the zombies. I'll RP a zombie plague if the writers and plot are good, but for the most part, they're not something I'd actively seek out. XP
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 8 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MisterMagicMuffin on Sun May 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Greetings Jack! I'm not sure if I'm at that point but the over saturation of Zombies in recent years is quite the (insert social political rant here)

, but yes! Welcome to Gateway, I'm more then happy to shoot the breeze, roleplay, and assist you with situating yourself comfortably as you settle into the rhythm of the website. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any inquiries. I've joined a number of roleplays and I'd love to help you transition into anything, anyway I can.

Kind Regards,

Muffin.

MisterMagicMuffin
Scholar
Member for 8 years
Contributor Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!