Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hidden Truths (Moscow)

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Hidden Truths (Moscow)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:06 pm

With a tendon snapping stretch, Svetlana sits up in her makeshift bed on the train. The sun barely glints over the cold, desolate fields of what was probably once some kind of grain. The familiar sense of sadness and repression press in around her as she watches the countryside glide by. It looks as if we'll be reaching Moscow soon.

Her heart heavy, she gets dressed and sits down at her laptop. She notices an email from Grimbold, and opens it.

"Dear Ms Popova,

I don't know if you have been made aware yet but it appears that the Ambassador has quit Florence, she didn't turn up for a meeting we had arranged and has not tried to contact me, her apartment is shut up, curtains closed and dark. If you can contact her I am going back to London and will await instructions there. I believe you have my mobile number perhaps you could pass that on to her , it may be useful. I have the means to get anywhere she needs me, if she needs me again.

Regards GT"

Grinding her teeth she shoots off a reply.

"Grimbold,

She has left without any word? I will be back in Florence in a few days, as I am cutting this trip extremely short. I will contact you in London when I find out anything.

Svet"

She hits the send button and hopes that Grim will read between the lines of her lies.

She sits back in her seat, swearing silently to herself the bad timing that Sasha always seems to have. hmmm...I wonder...She sits up and leans over the laptop again and pulls up a map of Moscow and directions to Butirskaya prison. With a small sadistic smile, a plan begins to form in her mind and she turns to look out the window one last time as the train begins to pull into Moscow.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:47 am

The next time Svetlana has chance to look at email again she will find one from Grim in London.
"Dear Svetlana,

The Ambassador gave no indication in our last communication that she was intent upon leaving, and I take it that she has not told you anything either. If I can be of any help to you please let me know and I will join you in Florence, or indeed anywhere else if that is more useful.

If it helps I have been watching all the news channels and there has been nothing about the Ambassador or anyone meeting her approximate description. I hope that she may be with a friend of yours of fiery disposition though I have no reason to suppose that is the case, just a hunch and a feeling. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Regards GT"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:50 am

Svetlana steps off the train and onto a dirty, well used platform. The fumes from the trains and of people permeate her nostrils with their stench. Her nostrils flaring in rejection, she scans the crowd for people who might recognize her. She hefts her laptop bag and suitcase over her shoulder and heads out of the station. I have so missed this place. With a sigh of happiness of one who has come home after a long journey, she steps out into the streets of Moscow. She looks up and down the paved road, and seeing a cab, she waves it down. Pulling out a piece of paper from one of her bags, she tells the driver in broken Russian to head to a small hotel in downtown Moscow.

The cab pulls away from the bustling station, and she stares out the window like a normal tourist on vacation, but the familiarity of the area nearly overwhelms her. She bats away at the memories assaulting her mind. She is snapped out of her reverie by the driver stating that they are at her destination. She pays the driver and steps out onto the curb. She looks up at the towering mass of brick above her, and with a small smile to herself, she walks inside.

Once inside, the faded marble floors seem to stretch on forever and fade into a dark rusty colored carpet, that should have been replaced years ago. Over to her left is a small desk with a sign over it that says "Check In" in four different languages. Off to her right, is a marble wall with solid oak doors. Above the doors is the electronic numbering that indicates that those doors are part of the elevator system. Directly above her head, hangs a magnificent chandelier, that looks to have seen better days. The gold is faded and covered with dust, and spider webs branch from one end to another. Many of the light bulbs in it seem to need to be replaced as well.

After taking in the lay of the lobby, she walks over to the small desk. She sees a note that says Ring bell for service. She smiles at the small little bell, and presses the button on top of it.

At the sound of the bell, a little old woman appears through a door behind the desk. She opens a book, and slams it onto the desk, causing a cloud of dust to rise from it. She blows on it some and hands Svetlana a pen. She signs the registry and hands over some money to pay for the next couple of days. The old woman just smiles at her and nods, and then hands over a set of keys. With a soft cackle, the little old lady disappears from whence she came.

Svetlana just stares at the door in surprise, and then takes the elevator up to her room.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:11 pm

Svetlana walks into the room she has rented and frowns slightly at the shabby condition of the place. The thread bare sheets and the worn carpet that was once probably white glares out at her the most. With a resigned sigh, she sets her bags on the bed. She looks over at the tiny bathroom and frowns even more. Mold? She shudders at the thought of having to take a shower in there and then reminds herself why she is here. No matter the discomfort of my surroundings, I need to stick with my part. My life and the life of Seraphina depends on it. She walks over to the rust stained sink, and washes her face. She looks up into the mirror and stares at her reflection. Her eyes seem to penetrate her soul with a cold stare. She shivers slightly as she recalls the last time she saw that look in her eyes. This is going to be an interesting week.

She turns and walks back into the main room. She changes her clothes, and rearranges the wig and fixes her makeup. With a small smile, she walks out into the life of Moscow.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:34 pm

Svetlana walks the streets of Moscow, her eyes wandering over the shops and bars. She wanders over to the Red Square and walks around taking in the sights and smells. Frowning slightly, she walks over to a bench and sits down with a heavy thump. God this place brings back way to many memories. She watches as a couple walk arm in arm by her. Her thoughts begin to wander and she finds herself reliving a day that she would just as soon forget.

The day started like any other day since she moved to Moscow with Kazimir. She awoke early and pulling on an old t-shirt, she wanders to the small kitchen and makes coffee for her and Kazimir. A sensual smile lingers on her face from the memory of the night before. While standing over the sink rinsing the coffee pot, Kazimir walks up behind her and puts his arms around her and kisses the back of her neck. She laughs and puts down the pot and turns in his arms to face him. She snakes her arms around him, and kisses him passionately and then quickly turns back to making the coffee.

"Love, I think we should go to Red Square today, and today, we will get that tour of the Kremlin you have wanted."

"Really?!"
Svetlana asks excitedly.

"Yes, really." With a grin, he turns and walks into the bathroom and starts the shower.

Svetlana stares out the window , her eyes dancing with joy. The morning seemed to fly by as they did their morning routine. By the time they got to the Red Square, Svetlana was bursting with excitement. Her joy at being there seemed to infect Kazimir as well. His normal reserved air when they were out and about, seemed to disapear, and he was more outwardly affectionate towards Alessandra. She couldn't recall ever being this happy, so she was shocked to see a heavy set man, with a dour face, glaring at her and Kazimir with hatred. Taken a back by his attitude, she grips Kazimir's arm tighter, and feeling how tense he was, made her more anxious.

"Kaz, I think we should..."

She never got to finish her sentence as both her and Kazimir were tackled to the ground. As her face was ground into the pavement, she screamed for Kazimir, hoping and praying that he was okay. A scream echoed through her mind as one of Kazimir's legs was broken. His pain seemed to radiate through her mind and body, and overwhelmed, she passed out.

ooc:This entire conversation is in Russian.

"I think she is coming around Comrade General."

"Thank you Ioseph. You may leave her alone with me."

Ioseph salutes and walks out of a oak door. The one only known as Comrade General bends over Alessandra as her eyes flutter open and she lets out a loan groan.

"So my raven hair, you are returning to us. Tell me, who are you."

Alessandra stares at him blankly, her thoughts and reactions slow to revive from trauma of the attack.

"I am Svetlana Popova."

"A daughter of a priest huh? Why do I find that hard to believe."
He says with scorn and disbelief.

She calmly replies, "My father was excommincated from the church 20 years ago. "

"I see. Now Svetlana, what can you tell me about Kazimir?"

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:45 pm

ooc: Sorry I have been on such a long extended vacation all. Just a lot of stuff going on here. Anyway, keep your eyes peeled, as I will be continuing Svet's story here soon, and maybe, just maybe, the mystery behind this woman will all be revealed. *giggles* or not...hehe

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:15 pm

OOC: You are a tease, good to see that you are about again

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:40 pm

She stares up at the Comrade General, her eyes dark with fear and pain.

"I am not sure I understand the question."

The General snorts and glowers down at her, his brown eyes turning nearly black with his sudden anger towards her.

"Stupid girl. I know you have been living with Kazimir for about a year now. You must know what he does as a profession. So tell me everything you know about him."

She frowns slightly, her lips cracking and bleeding from the gesture. She licks them to moisten them and then looks the General directly in the eyes. Her face devoid of emotion.

"I would like some water first before I start answering your questions."

She slowly sits up as the General walks to the door and barks some orders. A few minutes later, a secretary brings in a tray of refreshments and sets it on a table not far from Svetlana. She reaches out and takes a glass, and sips from it. The cool liquid washing over her aching lips and down her parched throat, seemingly revives her. She sets the glass down, pours some more water from a pitcher and then looks back at the General.

"I met Kazimir as I was turning through Germany..."

As she talks about Kazimir and their life, she watches the General intently, hoping he doesn't see through some of her lies. The General sits down across from her and listens to her with wrapt attention and with a trifle disdain at some of the details she tells him. All the while, she sips from the glass. By the time the pitcher is empty of water, she has finished her detailed and outragouse lie of their lives together.

The General sits back in his chair and looks at Svetlana for a long while. The silence stretching between them like a bridge that is ever expanding. He then leans forward and stares directly into Svet's eyes.

"That is an amazing story Svetlana, and I commend you for telling it to me. But let me tell you a story, and then you can decide if you want to tell me the truth or not."

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:21 pm

The General gets up from his chair and begins to pace across the concrete floor. His boots making resounding thumping sounds. Alessandra flinches at the sound, but watches him closely. She notices how he walks on his toes, portraying someone who is well balanced and will jump into action at any moment. His left hand is slightly cocked, and marks him as a capable swordsman. She looks up to his broad shoulders and notices a slight rippling movement under them. She frowns realizing that he is a man of strength, and there is no way she could take him. With a resigned sigh, she sits back in her chair, squirming slightly and wishing she hadn't drank so much water.

The General noticing her discomfort, smiles slightly, and then begins to talk in a low monotone.

"About 10 years ago, I was working as the section chief in, well, I don't need to tell you that. Anyway, I ran across this lad by the name of Kazimir. He was the son of the ambassador, and was always getting into trouble and was causing some prodigious issues for the embassy. Needless to say, his father was very embarrassed and wasn't sure how to handle the situation until he came to me. I noticed that Kazimir had a knack for getting things."

The General stops and laughs slightly at the understatement, and then sits down back in his chair across from Alessandra. His eyes glaze over as he continues to speak.

"I took Kazimir under my wing, and he became one of the best spies our country has ever had."

He pauses again and studies Alessandra's face. Not seeing a sign of shock at that statement, he resumes his discourse.

"Fast forward to about 5 years ago. Our government received some information about an important artifact, that well, could cause a huge religious upheaval. It would end up with mass hysteria if this artifact was revealed to the public. The person who was in possession of it knew of it's significance, and was going to share it with the Universe. Needless to say, we had to act quickly. Kazimir was sent to "acquire" this item, and he never returned. We had all assumed he was killed and so other agents were sent. It was futile, as all of them never returned. We are not sure what happened to them, as this job wasn't supposed to be all that difficult."

The General stands up again and walks over to the door. He glances briefly at Alessandra and then turns and opens the door. He talks quietly to someone behind the door, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't hear what he was saying. He then closes the door and walks over to a window, and gazes out into the darkness that had fallen upon Moscow. He seemed to be lost in thought, and the silence stretched between them as she waited for him to continue. The door creaked open, breaking their silence. Alessandra turned to see who had entered the room only to find the same secretary as before bringing in a tray of food and another pitcher of water.

"I thought you would like something to eat."

Alessandra jumped at the suddenness of his voice and turned to look at him.

"I am sure all this talking has made you hungry."

She nods her ascent and takes a plate of small sandwiches and begins to eat.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!