Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

High Fantasy with a slice of Steampunk

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

High Fantasy with a slice of Steampunk

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scumbag_Brain on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:48 am

The RP Magelord needs more players. This RP is set in a fantasy universe where a feudal society ruled by nobleborn sorcerers is under threat from a new magic, Alchemical Science, that is available to anyone regardless of pedigree. The game will be almost completely player driven with players deciding through their actions whether a revolutionary war between the two factions is inevitable or avoidable. Being an open world RP, any style of play is possible and non combative characters are welcome.

For a more detailed overview of the world see the introduction

roleplay/magelord

Feel free to post any questions here or on the official OOC

magelord-t80909.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scumbag_Brain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: High Fantasy with a slice of Steampunk

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Gonna bump this one. It's a good set up for a Rp, just need a few more members to get the ball rolling.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this. I highly encourage fellow open-world, fantasy roleplaying fanatics to join in the fun. :)

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scumbag_Brain on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:59 pm

We're still looking for more players and the world is ripe with gaps that people can fill in. Creative minds welcome.

Scumbag_Brain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vextra on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 pm

This sounds exactly like my sort of thing. Count me in. I love to fill gaps with my own characters and flesh out worlds. Anything in particular you're looking for?
Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.
-Lord Byron

Vextra
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scumbag_Brain on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 am

@Vextra I would like to have a player made noble House hold the colony where the story will focus. That way the main cast of nobles are not just a fleet of NPCs.

Scumbag_Brain
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:48 am

Well I have to admit this RP caught my eye first off from joining this website- as I do love steampunk and high fantasy. And together- well that is even better. I don't know if you are needing a certain aspect of the cast filled out or if you have everyone you need. I had an idea maybe for a noble character in the colonies (considering that seems to be where the action is), and maybe he is a tidbit more maleficent than most. Either way whatever you are needing character-wise if you need anyone at all. I'm somewhat unsure how to guage if an RP is open on this site, but considering I haven't read otherwise I'm assuming. But you know what they say about assuming...

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Hey NomDePlume,

Questions about roleplays can generally be fielded in the OOC section of the roleplay. I find that people are more prompt to answer there, as they don't always check their Wanted threads. If you follow the link above you'll see what I mean. Unfortunately, in this case, the GM has decided to not go forward with this roleplay.

Fear not, there are plenty more roleplays out there!

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Ah. Ok. Yeah I was looking for the OOC. For some reason the link was causing Google Chrome aneurysms, and I couldn't locate it on the RP. Then I realized that there was a tab for it. I was like: oh here is that little bugger. I'm not quite used to the tab system yet. But I'll figure out how to work this website- someday! If I can work a microwave I can handle the internet!

Anyway that sad to hear because I rather thought the idea was promising. Either way I'll- um- mosey about and look for another one. Thanks for being so helpful. And thanks for the wonderful read Scumbag Brain even if it didn't pan out for you. Best of luck next time.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!