Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Hipster-Lander

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Hipster-Lander

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 pm

We Have Existed For Many Years. We have perfected ourselves in the 90's, and since have been going strong today, in 2012...

In the 1940's, we began our prototype form. In the 50's, we came most well known in the style of the beatniks. But in the 60's, we failed with our experiment as the 'hippies.' But then, we perfected ourselves in the 1990's. We don't follow your 'mainstream' bullshit and conformity: Our goal has been to life as alternatively as possible, to find creative new ways to experience life, in fashion, writing, and other forms of artwork. We're the people who're usually blogging about organic foods or corporate america, and then finishing that so we can drink our cup of latte. We mix up our outfits, always trying to make something new.

You've Probably Never Heard of the things we do, are into, or the big thing that goes on between us. See, we Hipsters have two forces of our little universe: Originality, and Conformity. Conformity Fricken' sucks, man, cos' it means you don't have a thing about you original. You just followed the ways of another blatantly, and that's totally not cool. Originality however, is the polar opposite, and happens to be the goal of a true Hipster. We try to live differently from others, and follow the path of new, alternative lifestyles to achieve this dream. We believe there is a cosmic energy within all Hipsters that can go either way, driving us to the greatness of creativity, or the depths of being a fuckin' 'tard who can't even come up with his own ideas. We call it, 'The Glow.' Glow Energy is a sacred thing for us, allowing us to write blogs, finish our newest fashion set for the day, and that sort of thing. It also powers magic spells, psychic powers, and such, radiating itself throughout the universe.

It is this reason that the glow can cause people to become unoriginal that our story takes place: Some have become outraged by this unoriginality in the beginning of the current hipster in the 90's, and decided to make it a Hipster crime to purposely be unoriginal, labeling them as criminals, and being allowed to be targeted by other Hipsters. Even Hipster Criminals can go up against each other. That's really how bad it is! (Criminals turning in other criminals have a big chance to get pardoned, and have another chance to push away the evils of the mainstream world).

We Are…

HIPSTERS.

The last essence of imagination, the last rebels against following a set procedure or routine. We are who we are.

In addition, combat between hipsters has rules of engagement, and a detailed, constantly growing hipster-pedia that can be accessed via smart phone, tablet, or computer. Here are some of the first rules of engagement:

-

1. A. B. C. (Accusations Before Conflict)

Never engage in full throttle fighting without accusing the other of being an unoriginal ripoff. It is an even larger crime to accuse and attack someone who truly is original, however...

2. E. T. S. (Exclude the Secular)

All those who have nothing to do with anything Hipster related, they are to be left out. The universal forces of Conformity will not help the true quest of a proper hipster.

3. U. T. G. (Use The Glow!)

The Glow is open to your use, whatever ability you have, whether you be psychic, a caster of spells, whatever, for nearly any use!

And maybe more to come?...

-

The Armoury.

The ultimate Geek-shop. comic books, collectables, toys, video games, and all other sorts of things. Taking up a whole building for one of its Tokyoronto city locations, it was a haven for the lost, the bullied, the bored, and all the others who were puzzle pieces that needed to find a place to fit. Tokyoronto City itself was just that one weird place you know about on the map, but don't really talk about much. Nice stops for tourists and all, but otherwise, you're rather go to Disney world instead or something. Seriously. Go there. It may be expensive, but you should go there instead, trust me.

Here was where Hipsters had, in the last few years, had taken up as an area to hang-out in. They took in the comic books and video games as their own, needing that alternative fiction source between television and reading novels with comics, or outside the box with video games. Some even live in the building, in the areas of the store most do not go to. Beyond the store, there are offices, lounges, apartments, and other such things. Stuff which makes the building surprisingly more interesting than most people are led to believe.

-

Down by the comic book section, a young man by the name of Jack McCoy was sitting on a box full of crappy NES games, the brown container marked as such with sharpie pen, as he held a pile of games, both old and new, Sega Genesis to the PS3 by his side. Some of them included imported games that were only released in other countries, mostly games sold in Britain and Japan. These games were accompanied by some comic books he was interested in reading, as he began to read through a collected edition of 'Action Comics Weekly,' which, as its title suggested, was a weekly magazine that depicted the adventures of powerful titans in a mix of clashing and matching colors throughout the world and beyond.

Presently, he was reading about how one such titan, superman, was handing the ass of an alien conquerer named mongul back to the man, followed by a story on green lantern fighting a weirdo named Lord Malivolio. And this was in one 40+ page issue. He had about 20-30-ish more issues to cover. This would take quite some time…

Oh, right, right. Jack stood at about 5,11. He looked like he was a whole 6ft though at the first look you take of him. He had short black hair that was spiked in the front, dark brown eyes, and caucasian skin on an athletic build that had some muscle on it, this he attributed to his skill in combat, used so far only on a couple of other hipsters. He was dressed in a red t-shirt under a dark blue sleeveless jacket, and tucked into a pair of dark blue pants, held up by a black leather belt with a silver buckle in a rectangular shape, the image of a fireball on it. On his feet were black hi-top sneakers with white trimming, and for his arms, black terry cloth wristbands, for where else, but his wrists.

"Yellow Sun…Hm…"

"Join The Corps!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Hipster-Lander (1x1)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:06 am

Terese (or Terese San Grotto for her full name) strolled into 'The Armory', doing her usual morning routine of looking for games that no one else has heard of. She pushed up her thick, black glasses, whether she was wearing them to be hipster or actually needed them was debatable. Her short, white hair bounced as she walked along the shelves, browsing past all the generic titles that she saw. Her black high-heels, which only made her average height a bit taller, clacked as she also took her time searching for something that might catch her interest, but unfortunately nothing seemed to so far.

She did, however, notice something else that made her sick- 'mainstream' girls, as she had automatically labeled them as, were ogling over the latest Halo game, a series that she had purposefully lost track of ages ago. Her dark blue eyes surrounded by eye shadow of roughly the same color (but, of course, she was an exception to mainstream girls who totally over did it) narrowed at them and she reached for her gun that she had personally customized as a NES Zapper, but then resisted, sighing and straightening her arm out to her side. As much as she might not like them sometimes, she had to follow the code, or she might be stripped of her privileges as a Gun Kata, or worse, as a hipster in general. So she resisted reaching into her gun holders that were a layer above her stylishly ripped pants, letting the 'mainstreamers' go their merry way to the cash register.

Adjusting her black jacket that covered part of her white blouse, she tried to distract herself from the sight by looking at more video games- Wait, this wasn't the video game section anymore. Everything was unfamiliar to this gamer's mind, 'issues', men in tights, women in poses that shouldn't be physically possible (then again, video games were guilty of the same thing)- dear lord, she had wandered into the comics section.
Happiness has a tiny sorrow to it, wherein we always realize
For the first time that it was happiness once we part with it
I'm sure we can still make it even now, so
I have only one wish

- Kurosu Katsuhiko/Meg Rock/Nakagawa Shouko/Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Jack was about to continue his reading when he saw something that, in recent years, hipsters or not, was now native to the comics section: Ladies. It wasn't a huge surprise, but in this case, it was a girl who looked immensely confused. He slapped his current book shut, and climbed up to stand tall, walking towards Terese, looking her over before he came up. He didn't mean to come off as a pervert, but he just wanted to get a good look at the girl, that was all.

"You seem lost." He spoke softly. "Are you from the gaming section, or have you come to explore the world between television/movies and novel books? This section is one honored since the ages before video-gaming, along with the sections of table-top roleplaying. It is truly a place of history…but then again, you look like the type not to really give a crap…"

Jack began to think for a moment, gesturing for her to give him a moment before he spoke again.

"If you're new to this ground, then you'd best be careful. I have sat here and read even before I was drafted into the wars between hipsters. It can be extraordinarily dangerous if you start an argument over something like the feats of the silver surfer, or the long debated Anime and Manga Vs Comic Books and such. We have had sightings of the more rabid anime fans, the weeaboos, who attack regular anime fans and all in the manga section and the anime DVD and games areas respectively…"

Jack crossed his arms, and looked off to the side, waiting for whatever reply he'd gain for trying to warn Terese of what had happened. He had to admit, she seemed attractive in a different way: He'd seen her a couple times, always boasting good gaming tastes as opposed to most women…Plus, I think she made her vow never to pose in a sexy manner with controllers, consoles, ETC in one of the backrooms…then again, lots of girls did that in this strange new world of originality and conformity struggling with each other…

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Terese, in her prejustice of the male gender (and just about everyone she ever saw), automatically assumed that he must have been checking her out, and quickly buttoned part of her jacket to cover at least her cleavage. After he spoke, she was about to respond with claims that she didn't need his help to get out of the comics section, but then he gestured to give him a moment. Sighing, she decided to wait until he continued.

At least now he didn't seem to be looking right at her, still regarding him as being a bit of a 'pervert'. Being a gamer, she rarely ever got into such fights, like the Manga vs. Comics debate (though as far as she knew they were pretty much the same thing, just a different culture), but she did run into her fair share of weeaboos, they seemed to be everywhere now a' days. One time she even got into a fight with a weeaboo about JRPGS, thank goodness they also claimed to be a 'ttly hardcore hipster' so that she could kick their ass. Ah, good times, good times.

"Look, I'm alright on my own." she said, crossing her arms, though admittedly this was new territory to her, she couldn't recall the last time she had stepped into this section, she might have not even entered into it before this, "I don't need your guidance, a girl can walk out of here just fine." she said before turning around, not taking much heed to his words. She walked away from him, swearing that if she caught his eyes looking somewhere they shouldn't be then she'd- She stopped herself from running right into a shelf full of comics. Adjusting her glasses, she went another direction and acted as if it didn't happen, only to somehow hit a dead end. Eventually she somehow worked her way back to the boy, realizing that she just went in a full circle. She didn't quite realize that this section could be so... big.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:34 am

"You've be surprised how large the reading area is. It's almost like a forbidden zone…"

Suddenly, before Terese's eyes, A box of information, and a YES/NO button appeared, saying "HAVE JACK JOIN THE PARTY?"

"Here's a sort of…resume. I'd be more than willing to help. Not just in combat, but with my areas of geekspertise, if you'll ACCEPT me into your party? It'd be a shame if you hit DECLINE instead..."

-

NAME: JONATHAN MCCOY

WEAPONS: BARE HANDS, GLOW ENERGY, MARTIAL ARTS, YOU GET THE IDEA.

ITEMS: IPHONE, KEYRING, MYSTERIOUS RING, MYSTERIOUS LANTERN

CURRENT LEVEL: 22

EVENTS ATTENDED:

- ATLANTIS INFERNO (LEVEL 16): PREVENTED SELF-PROCLAIMED 'DESCENDANTS' OF THE PEOPLE OF THE UNDERWATER CITY OF ATLANTIS FROM CONQUERING SAID CITY WITH THE HELP OF AN EX-MILITARY UNIT TURNED MERCENARIES. IT WAS PRETTY FUCKING COOL.

- SINESTRO CORPS WAR (LEVEL 20+): ???

SPECIAL MOVES: (Currently)

KORA HATSU: A Hundred Fists. One Face. You do the math. (Forward, Plus Punch repeatedly)

ROLLING SAVATE: A Jumping Spinning Back Kick. Sends targets flying with one strike. (Hold Back or Down and press any kick button)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkeYlWJm ... plpp_video

-

"I'm capable of kicking ass, at your command, that is. I fight with Jeet Kune Do, and am capable of tanking and drawing aggro. I'm not usually one to take solo XP's unless I actually earn it..."

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:40 am

"Didn't you listen to me? I'm fine on my own! I don't need to have some guy 'protecting' me from everything! I can kick ass by myself, and if I could I'd kick yours just to prove it." Terese said, her voice in a very irritated, harsh tone. It was partly from the party thing, she hated having other party members. She didn't want to have to micro-manage a bunch of other party members who'd just steal XP from her, so she'd always gone solo. And she intended on keeping it that way.

Her finger went towards the 'NO' selection, and she intended on pushing it, only for some jerk to bump into her mindlessly, causing her finger to slip and accidentally push 'YES'.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:48 am

"Ha. HaHa. Ha. Right. I could snap your guns in half if I wanted to. Only a fool trusts their life to a weapon…"

Jack proceeded to shove all the comics he'd be buying into his inventory. He hoped she wasn't the type to think that she had to micro-manage people, that was just bloody stupid. He remembered being micromanaged in Preschool when he joined a party led by his teacher, and she'd always rifle through their things, stealing whatever could give HP's and giving power ups away. It become too much though when the bitch had gotten the others K.O.'d, and nearly killed in the boiler room dungeon of the pre-school building.

"Well, lead the way, oh brave one." Spoke the martial artist sarcastically. "I'll just sit by and let you do everything, since you've got problems with trusting other people apparently. You can keep your XP's all to yourself if you feel so damned weak."

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Dammit! she thought as she accidentally pushed the 'YES' option, another box popped up with a cheerful chip-tune informing her that 'JACK HAS JOINED THE PARTY!'.

"You should probably do that after you buy them..." she mumbled, not wanting to get in trouble if he somehow ended up shoplifting them, "But anyways, just don't step on the back on the back of my heels." she sat, walking forward. She looked around her, determined to not make the same mistake she made last time with walking in a full circle. Or almost walking into a bookcase, thank goodness no one was around to see that. She took a left turn, going straight, then took another left... Terese wouldn't admit that she really had no idea what she was doing, much like a dog trying to be a chemist.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:28 pm

"…"

Jack allowed Terese to continue moving in triangles (This was in fact the shape she made by repeatedly taking lefts. Go figure). While this happened, he broke off from the auto-follow button, and walked towards the nearest cash register, paying for everything he wanted, and walking back towards Terese, leading her back to the register as well to pay for whatever video games she was originally planning to get. And he didn't feel like going back for that special issue he had hidden behind some old copies of Martian Manhunter that he knew no one would touch.

"We need to keep you away from those sections you know nothing about. That shit is fucking dangerous."

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:58 am

Terese continued to walk left again... and she swore that she paused the cardboard cutout of Superman before. She looked around her, trying to figure out what direction she hadn't taken before. And where was Jay. She assumed that he must have gotten himself lost or something, but it was probably for the best anyways, she'd be able to think better with that knuckle head gone- at least until he suddenly walked back towards her, and before she could say anything, she was suddenly following him due to the auto-follow being pushed... except she was supposed to be the leader of the party! Where could he possibly be leading her?!

... Oh, to a cash register, and conveniently out of the section she- ahem, they were lost in, "I can keep myself out of the sequential-images-with-words-section thank you very much." Terese said, pushing up her glasses, "You don't have to worry about a girl getting a paper cut." she said, blowing off his warning.

She began walking towards the door, since she decided that her search had been fruitless... at least until something caught her eye at the counter and she rushed back towards it, complete with rushing lines. She squinted, checking if it was really true... yes, it was the game that she had been looking for all these years, ever since she was a young gamer, and even before she was a hipster. Ogical Otatsu, she only remembered playing such a title once in an arcade as a little girl, but it had captivated her so much that she had to have the home console version, but unfortunately it seemed to be some sort of one hit wonder rarity. Her eyes seemed to be shining as she stared at the master piece for a moment, her hands leaning on the glass.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 am

"Psshaw. You want that game? I have, two copies of that back home in this strange purple color. I have no idea why its purple, but I'm sure its nothing special."

Of course, he spoke of the royal edition. The coveted rare version that offered the rare multiplayer mode, extra items and weapons, and an enhanced storyline for the player. Of course, in the hands of Jack, whose gaming past lied in Double Dragon, Street Fighter, Metal Gear, among various other titles Terese probably wasn't into. He allowed the girl to pay for her own game ("Oh Hell No. She can pay for her own shit. Comic books alone are a dangerous, and costly addiction.")

He proceeded to take out his Iphone and headphones, popping them in and playing one of his new favorite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8LNPeVP ... plpp_video

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 am

Terese looked at him for a moment. Did... did he really have the rumored royal edition? The only scan of that cover was a blurry image online! And yet he, he had the royal edition of the game that she spent nearly all her life looking for just the normal version. She stared at him in disbelief, him blowing off the game only managed to piss her off more. Her own pride wouldn't let her even ask to borrow one of those copies.

"Oh, what would a comic book geek know? I wouldn't be surprised if both of those copies were damaged and pirated with horrible translations." she said in a very harsh tone, some of her own glow showing through her hands. She even cracked the showcase glass a bit with it, "Take out that game, Ogical Otatsu." she said to the employee behind the counter, pointing to the game through the cracked glass.

(( I'll edit if the glow-thing isn't alright, I just wanted to show WHAT A SUPER-SURIUS GURL GEMER SHE IS how pissed she is. XD ))

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:36 am

"I wouldn't know about the translations. It comes in various languages, plus languages that probably don't even exist on this planet. Buuuut….when it comes to keeping it safe, I'm far superior to it than most gamers. We comic book fans specialize in protecting things from the elements, sort of like the asshats at a museum. If you don't believe me, you could come see for yourself. I've got it hidden off somewhere with high security. When I put it on Ebay, people were trying to kill me for it."

Jack stared at her glow. It was surprisingly low due to the fact she probably wasn't all that good with hand to hand combat, and more using to pouring her heart and soul into a weapon, namely her guns.

"…So, yeah."

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:30 am

Well... yeah, she wouldn't admit it vocally, but gamers were surprisingly not all that protective of their games, not even she went as far as a comic book fan would. No, gamers were much more serious about how you played the games. But anyways, the royal edition. It wasn't surprising to her that people would actually hunt him down for that, it'd probably be even worse if he did a let's play of it. She kept telling herself that his copies must have not been in very good conditions to have two of them, and yet she knew that if she didn't see the royal edition, even a pirated, horribly translated version, she might regret it for the rest of her life, right down to her deathbed.

"... Fine. I'll see it." she said. She grabbed the copy the cashier gave her, paying... really? Only 50$ for it? They must have not known how much it was worth... she couldn't help but feel sort of guilty for paying what was probably only about 1/12 of the game's worth, but hey, a deal was a deal.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 pm

"Psshaw. You feel bad about getting it cheap? Money isn't exactly easy to come by. You understand that the value is far more, but when the vast majority looks at it compared to you and the rest of that small percentage, they don't really care as much for it. From people like that, It'd be heavenly to take it off their hands for free."

-

The two made their way down to the ground floor, and headed out for the sidewalk, when Jack was promptly stabbed in the chest with a pen. About a dozen Weeaboos and unoriginal 'hipsters' were crowded there to kill both Terese and Jack.

"You motherfuckers don't appreciate true originality!" Barked a random girl in pajamas

"And Japan!"

Jack turned to stare at Terese, before tearing out the pen, and tossing it aside.

"Guh. Left my minor HP potions at home. All I've got are regular ones and I'd rather not waste them on idiots like these" He spoke, his Red t-shirt absorbing the blood from the wound, and leveling up as Jack slowly regenerated.

And he cracked his knuckles, ready to kick ass..

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:49 am

"... Yeah, I guess." Terese responded, having a calm tone of voice for once, "I mean, it's better than the mainstream public getting to it and running it to the ground." she said, neatly putting the game in her inventory besides some of her HP potions.

She made her way to the ground floor with him, walking outside, only to see the disturbing sight of weeaboos and so called 'hipsters' that were only that so that they could ironically fit in. One of them even stabbed Jack in the chest with a pen, as she soon noticed, but it didn't seem to be that big of an injury. For her... well, maybe it'd inflict a bit more damage since she wasn't much of a physical fighter, relying on her guns.

She pulled out of her hand guns that were customized to look like NES Zappers, and needlessly, but also dramatically cocked one of them, "As a famous Russian once said;," she cleared her voice, "Now is coward killing time!" she said in her best Russian accent impression, and with that, ran towards the first weeaboo that also ran towards her; a girl who wore obviously fake cat ears and a fake cat tail pinned onto her pajamas, her face having badly done whiskers that even a carnival-face painter could have done better.

Terese blocked the girl from scratching her with her gun. The girl had obscenely long nails from neglecting to cut or even clean them, a mere scratch from them might cause an infection. This continued with them blocking each other, until Terese finally shot off one of her nails with her hand gun. The weeaboo howled in pain, grabbing the hand that was hit, and Terese took this opportunity to jump in the air, dodging another scratch from the girl by jumping again with a flip, as if there was some temporary, invisible platform that she jumped off of. After performing the double jump she quickly shot her gun at the insane-cat-weeaboo's head, K.Oing her.

She landed gracefully, ready to take care of the others that might come at her.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Jack was doing his own thing, Throwing out sidekicks and punches at random, and cracking the bones of his victims left and right as he kept the attackers at bay, sending them flying backwards into whatever they were unlucky enough to crash into, including parked cars, cars speeding on the road, brick walls, stacks of cardboard boxes, telephone booths, power lines, or being flung straight into the atmosphere, Jack almost enjoying himself as he displayed his physical prowess and expert technique in the martial art of Jeet Kune Do, and his usage of the glow energy to strengthen himself.

"ATAAAH!!!"

Jack launched another backfist into a guy who flew straight into an oncoming bus. The bus began to have a blinking arrow above it with the words 'GET IN!' flickering, like something out of a 1990's style beat'em up game. Jack waved to Terese, zipping up to the vehicle and paying for the both of them with his own money, as he kicked off a wolfaboo that was about to cling to his leg and bite down nice and hard with sharpened fangs, watching the bastard fall down onto the sidewalk and feel unholy pain. A hipster suddenly appeared with a laser sword, and somehow split into two people, one red, one blue, the laser sword also splitting and taking on the color opposite to its user, one of them moving in to attack Jack on the bus, and another to attack Terese, ready to use some Jedi bullshit technique to deflect her gunshots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwxoai8G ... ure=relmfu

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:56 am

Terese had to admit that she sort of needed to kick some weeaboo and fake hipster ass today, if anything it was rather therapeutic, dodging several hits from weeaboos before finally using her guns to K.O. them. She jumped up, double jumping on the backs of several of them before pulling out her guns, charging them up and then finally releasing bullet hell on them. When she landed, several of them fell down, all of them K.O'd.

She noticed Jack waving to her, and he went in the bus that flickered with the words 'GET IN' above it with an arrow pointing to it, like they were supposed to go to the 'next level' after this. She cracked her knuckles, ready for another round of kicking ass, when suddenly another hipster appeared, and he didn't seem that easy to take out either, as evidenced by the rather large health bar that appeared above her and Jay. He split in two, one going in the bus to attack Jake, and the other ready to attack her.

She immediately shot at him, only for him to close his eyes and put his hand in front of him, making her bullets reflect back at her like homing missiles. She barely dodged them, one of them scratched her cheek, making it bleed a bit. She decided that this called for her rifle, pulling it out to reveal that she had customized that to look like a Super Scope. Using the scope to zoom in on her target, she took aim, charging her shot, while the hipster took no time in charging a her. He raised his laser sword, bringing it down on Terese. She blocked with her Super Scope, which she was still charging. They pushed against each other for awhile before she finally pushed him away, almost dodging a swing of his sword with a double jump, but on the second jump he interrupted her jump by kicking her foot, and then finally jumping up to roundhouse-kick her to the ground.

Terese tried to get up, but was soon kept to the ground with his sword that was just barely touching her neck, "That wasn't too bad... for a girl."

Fury flashed in her eyes, perhaps being even hotter than the heat she felt from his laser sword, "And that wasn't too bad for a jack-ass poser." she said, bringing her rifle right up to his face before finally releasing the blast that she had been charging.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm

The blast engulfed the 'poser' and a good chunk of several nearby buildings down the road, as Jack and his poser enemy watched. Jack was primarily using wrestling and grappling techniques to try and wrestle the blade away and 'murk' this guy's ass, the two each putting up a respectively good struggle, until Jack had his left hand lopped off. Jack groaned loudly, and proceeded to use the bloody stump to punch the living man-shit out of the laser-swordsman, and grabbing a quick HP potion. He snatched his lost limb, and put it back on his wrist, pouring the potion on it like mad to get it back, before turning back to take the bastard's wrist, and break his bones, the sword slowly being dropped as Jack took it, and prepared to decapitate the bastard.

"There Can Be Only One!"

And he decapitated the laser-swordsman, kicking him in the stomach as the body flew out onto the sidewalk. Jack stared at his new weapon…

"JACK Got a QWARDIAN LASER BLADE!"

http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Qwardian_Laser_Blade

JayZeroSnake
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pichu-Chan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Terese got up, seeing the damage, and dodged a chunk of a building that nearly fell on her. At least this would be covered by some sort of damage-insurance or something, it'd explain why hipsters never seemed to face the financial consequences of their fights. A list of text appeared on the side, detailing all the experience and money that they gained... which apparently wasn't much, at least for her. It didn't quite help that they had to split it.

She shrugged, since she was rather satisfied with her level anyways, and she got plenty of cash from game tournaments alone. Stepping over the two bodies of the split poser, she made her way to the bus, stepping on it and about to pay her fare... only to find out that Jake had paid it for her, "You know, I could have paid it myself. It'd have barely made a dent in my budget." she said, shooting an annoyed look at him.

Pichu-Chan
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!