Hogwarts: A New Era of Witches and Wizards (IC-Closed)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: Hogwarts: A New Era of Witches and Wizards (IC-Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queenforaday on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:11 am

Everett Keaton Oxely

(Outside of the Entrance to the Ravenclaw Dormitories with Alice and Oswella)

"Sorry..." said a quiet, light voice, emanating from the figure atop of him.

Everett found himself looking into the silver eyes of Oswella Greer, a sixth year Ravenclaw the Oxely boy was particularly fond of, who had fallen head first onto him with her face pressed against his chest. If it had been any other Ravenclaw, Everett would have just smiled and went about his business, but since it was Oswella, he couldn't help but be embarrassed, even though the girl had been the one to run into him. For a moment, he was taken caught by surprise of actually hearing the girl speak, which she rarely did of her own free will. He smiled as Oswella struggled back onto her feet and began to get up again. However, once his hands were braced against the floor behind him, the black-haired girl tripped a second time. As she fell, Everett tried to catch her, but ended up with his arms around her as she toppled back on top of him, this time her face was hovering mere inches from his own.

The Oxely boy couldn't help but notice how cute Oswella looked in her clumsy stupor, even if it did mean he would have a couple of bruises the next morning. Everett smiled as he noticed her cheeks flourish with pink and loosened his arms from around her waist.

"That's quite alright Ozzy," he said, giving the blushing Oswella a light smile, "You're a tichy little thing, so you didn't hurt me.. Much." He was hoping the slightly playful tone of his voice would relieve the pangs of embarrassment they were both feeling.

Cerridwen Evangeline Oxely

(Walking to Hogsmeade with Will and Adalaide)

Cerridwen cast a curious glance at Will as his younger sister and her friend strutted away, wondering how one of the most caring men she had ever met was related to someone like that. She had fought the urge to pull out her wand and tell Stella to leave, or else, but the calm look on Will's face had stopped her. Cerridwen was about to open her mouth and attempt to say something of comfort to Will, but before should could, Adalaide was walking up to them and speaking.

"I'm sorry I'm late," she said to them both before turning her attention to Will, "I saw your sister heading down the stairs,"

Nodding, Cerridwen spoke up before Will could.

"She was just here," she told Adalaide, "A real cheeky little girl, if you ask me. Doesn't seem to have a sense of manners about her. Outright demanded Will bring her sweets from Honeydukes because 'Mummy said you have to'. Blimey, are you sure you're even related to her, Will?"
That's right, losers, I'm back
Tumblr | RPGateway

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Queenforaday
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorella on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:50 am

Timothy Dale Lanches

(Quidditch pitch with Angelina)

Tim had been just there thinking. What could two fifth years do? Oh yea that was right fly around on brooms at the quidditch pitch. Tim didn't care if the teachers didn't like it what else were kids his age supposed to do? Only the sixth, seventh, and first years had something to do, what did the grades in between have to do? Wander the same old boring halls? Well of course that's what you'd think. Tim didn't want that though and now he knew all the kids in his year so there was nothing for a fifth year to do not even a fourth year as for second years they were too much like first years for it to even matter. Fifth years should have been allowed to go to hogsmeade but that just wasn't allowed unless your head agreed to take you and you had a signed piece of stupid parchment or paper.

Tim then heard Angelina. "Hey Angelina." Tim said with a small smile nothing much and he waved back at her. She seemed to be in a good mood today which was a good thing because if she was angry then that'd make him angry and man this place would turn into hell quite fast and he rather not have that happen. "So I was thinking we could fly around on brooms to give us something to do since we're already at the quidditch pitch." Tim said.

He then showed her the two brooms he was holding. It was a good thing he grabbed them they weren't the best brooms but they were usually used for first years with learning how to fly and most first years were safe so he figured nothing too bad good happen using them and then he held one broom out for her to take.

Alice Sabrina Sky

(Outside of the Ravenclaw Common room with Oswella and Everette)

Alice smiled as Oswella has nodded a few times and then she had gotten up and began walking and after a few minutes Alice started to follow behind her. Alice knew today was going to be a great day before the whole school year started. Alice couldn't wait actually because she was quite eager to get back to her classes and take pictures of the teachers and more so when they got angry at a student or tried to act nice just because she had a camera with her. It took a long debate for Alice to figure if she'd take her camera with her on this trip to Hogsmeade. Alice never went anywhere without her camera unless she had convinced her self a lot. Often times you could see Alice talking to her self and she just about did but the little siren in the back of her mind slightly warned her that Oswella was there and Alice found it rude to talk to her self in front of people.

That was when she looked down seeing the little event that had been going on. Oswella had falling on top of Everette Oxely. Everette was one of Alice's best friends. Alice actually only had two. Chase and Everette but that was fine she at least had some best friends, right? Besides the point Alice smiled at the sight and she was glad she didn't take a picture of this because that wasn't fair really and well she knew Oswella may not like it so Alice kept her camera hanging off the strap that had been around her neck and so her camera could dangle down. Next though Oswella had struggled to get up and then just as she had finally stood up the girl had fallen back on top of Everette and Alice being a nice friend didn't laugh she knew how embarrassing it was but she noticed that Everette had tried to catch her this time and sighed lightly.

"Well isn't this an interesting greeting Everette?" Alice asked not really joking to be mean but just bringing something up to say so she wasn't standing there watching like a fool. This time Alice helped Oswella back up on her two feet and surprisingly Ozzy was quite light for a girl her age. She made sure that Ozzy was sturdy on her own two feet before lending a hand out to Everette. Alice was strong enough to do so. "So Everette, how are you this morning?" She asked casually with a small smile.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sorella
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Stella Grenwald

(Courtyard)

Stella had slowed her pace once they had moved out of Will's eyesight, allowing Jolie to catch up with her. It was when the girl asked about Cerridwen, that she stopped completely in her tracks. Her head snapped backwards, eyes glaring at her friend. "Is she his girlfriend? His bloody girlfriend? Ugh, Jolie don't even bring that mental image to my mind. I mean, he's already tarnished our family's image; if he is her boyfriend, we're lucky we disowned him when we did."

As she began to walk again, Stella thought about what Jolie had asked. Is Cerridwen really Will's girlfriend? Is he that desperate? Do mum and dad know about it? Boy, won't they fume when I tell them.

She really had no idea as to where she was leading Jolie and herself, but before long she had laid her eyes upon a familiar face, Jessie, and almost instantly she was scrambling to redo her hair. "Jolie, look," she hissed, pointing out the group of three first years. "Jessie's over there. Who cares if he's with those Gryffindor freaks this one time? I mean, he's probably only talking to them because he couldn't find me. I mean, us." She grabbed her friend and nearly ran over towards the group of three, instantly flashing a bright smile at the blond Slytherin. As she approached, she managed to hear the redhead say something about sneaking into Hogsmeade.

"Sneaking into Hogsmeade? A Gryffindor sneaking into Hogsmeade? Blimey, you see something new everyday. Jessie, are you going? If you are Jolie and I will come along so you have company with this Gryffindor bunch," she stated.

William Grenwald

(Location Of Your Character Goes Here)

After Stella's lovely appearance, Will was feeling quite awkward. Cerridwen and Adalaide knew of Stella. He had pointed her out to them at the feast and while she was being sorted. Even though they knew the story behind his family problems, and had taken his side, he still felt a bit embarrassed about the whole thing. Cerridwen came from a family much like his own, and yet she was proud to wear the Oxely last name. Besides having a muggle of a sister, Adalaide too came from a proud family, and then there was him - the one who was a disappointment. Although Will knew that he would rather be in Gryffindor with very minimal outside support, than a Slytherin, he couldn't help but to wish for at least a bit of respect from his baby sister whom he had been close with at one point.

"Yeah, she's your typical Slytherin. Gets it from my mum more than anyone, but I guess those genes skipped over me and doubled up in her." He let out a weak smile, "I'll apologize now for the problems she's going to cause this year." His eyes wandered for a moment before he met Cerridwen's gaze, but he was quick to direct his eyes elsewhere. Knowing him, he'd end up staring at her for moments before realizing how awkward he was being. Will did his best to keep his feelings for Cerridwen under the wrap, because, well, he didn't want to ruin what they already had. Him, Adalaide and her had the perfect friendship, and he didn't want to just throw his emotions in and mess up everything that they had.

"Shall we go then? Our first trip to Hogsmeade during what will most definitely be our best year?"

British
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Adalaide Bliss Desmares

(Walking to Hogsmeade with Cerridwen and Will)

For a few seconds there, Adalaide thought Will didn't hear her. He didn't say anything as Cerridwen replied instead, looking somewhat embarrassed about what happened with his sister. What had happened? Adalaide glanced back to her friend in curiosity, looking again to the stairwell where Stella had been earlier and back to Will again. She suddenly couldn't help but feel as if she interrupted something between the two of them, but she didn't say anything as Cerridwen continued on about Stella. Of course Will hadn't told her anything, but she knew that he had feelings for her. Feelings much stronger than friendship. Adalaide wasn't too sure if Cerridwen herself was in on the little secret, so she kept from mentioning it. At least for now, she thought briefly. On the other hand, she also knew if Cerridwen didn't know, that they'd have even bigger problems. Adalaide herself was wrapped in her own problems about Will. She was starting to think that she might just have feelings for him too. Might. For as far as she knew, Cerridwen didn't know about it. At least she thought that she didn't, with that brain of hers she could've already picked it up. Honestly, Adalaide was still confused by the whole thing herself. Maybe it wasn't love, she thought.

"Stella does seem like a pain," She nodded briefly, leaving her thoughts, and agreeing with Cerridwen. But of course she knew that Will knew she was. She thought back briefly to the feast and how he had pointed her out to them. It wasn't exactly the happiest thing he had done, she thought. But, of course, you couldn't blame him considering what he's been through. She thought briefly to what happened between him and his family, feeling the awkwardness traveling through them again.

"Shall we go then? Our first trip to Hogsmeade during what will most definitely be our best year?"

Adalaide smiled briefly as Will broke the silence, "Let's go," She smiled. It was their last year after all, they might as well make the most of it. She looked over to Cerridwen, "I want to stop by Gladrag's to do some shopping," She admitted quite happily, "Come on."

swishandflicker
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queenforaday on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Cerridwen Evangeline Oxely

(In Hogsmeade with Will and Adalaide)

Cerridwen smiled in agreement with her two friends, linking arms with both of them and starting along the path to Hogsmeade. As they were walking, Cerridwen noticed that Adalaide was acting slightly off, and several times she caught the red head glancing past her and looking at Will. When she finally caught her eye, Cerridwen arched one brow at her best friend. However, Adalaide wasn't the only one acting weird, Will seemed to shift his eyes away from Cerridwen if she tried to look at him for more then a few seconds. The Oxely girl made a mental note to find out what exactly was making her two best friends act so bonkers.

After about ten minutes of walking, the three Gryffindor's finally reached Hogsmeade, which seemed to already be filled with dozens of Hogwarts students of all houses. Cerridwen took a look at the small village and smiled, she had more memories in Hogsmeade then she could remember. Most of them included Will and Adalaide, when they were only just starting out at Hogwarts. It was nice to be back after a whole summer away. She stopped once they were in front of Honeydukes, staring at the seemingly endless amount of sweets in the windows. Within seconds, Cerridwen's sweet-tooth kicked in.

"So, after I satisfy my craving for Chocoballs and Pumpkin Pasties," she said as the three of them crossed through the threshold of Honeydukes' door, "I say we make for The Three Broomsticks, I can't be the only one here in need of a large Butterbeer." When she said this, she glanced at Will and gave him a quick, sweet smile.

Queenforaday
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarcasm on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:03 am

Oswella Greer

(On top of Everrett Oxely, outside the Ravenclaw Common room along with Alice.)

Whatever magical force that created humans must have had a sick sense of humor when they created "blushing". A dead giveaway for embarrassment as was seen when Oswella's cheeks became more inflamed as her body toppled back on top of Everett Oxely's, Head Boy of Ravenclaw. As if their current situation wasn't already dreadfully embarrassing, she could literally feel the sweet breath Everett was exhaling, briefly causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up. After she apologized, Everett managed to let out a cool and collected laugh.""That's quite alright Ozzy,you're a tichy little thing, so you didn't hurt me.. much."

"S..." She was interrupted before she could mumble out another apology, when her newest friend managed to pop into the conversation.""Well isn't this an interesting greeting Everett?" Alice would state in her usual upbeat tone, causing Ozzy to let out a sigh of relief as the attention was diverted from herself. Within seconds, the older girl managed to pull both Ozzy and Everett up to their feet. The sixth year would give both her two Heads of house a small smile and a nod of thanks, before briefly pushing back a stray strand of black hair from her silver eyes.

She quickly shot a look between Alice and Everett, wondering if either Alice or herself should invite him along with them to Hogsmeade. She didn't know him ver well, but she knew enough about manners to say that was the polite thing to do.

Wasn't it?

Sarcasm
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuukakulily on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Faye Vess

(Library)

Faye jumped as Nana spoke. "O-oh Good Morning," she said as she tried to calm Benny down. She gave a small smile. She noticed the book he was reading. The Advanced Guide to Divination "That's an interesting book there. I'm actually rubbish at divination" she whispered so she wouldn't draw Madam Pince to the corner. She sat back comfortably and stroked Benny. Benny was eyeing Nana's cat. "Your cat is lovely." she said absentmindedly.

She heard another person come into the library. I wonder who that could be. Oh, what if it's Everett! He couldn't possibly be in the library this early in term. He's far to popular for that. she ranted along in her mind. She couldn't tell if she was blushing or not, but she hoped that she wasn't. She'd hate for Nana to see her blushing.

Kuukakulily
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Nana Chiba

(Library)

Nana blinked crisply at Faye's sudden start in her seat, fingers tightening on the book as she spoke back to him, nodding a little as he listened, dark eyes glittering with a kind of attentive, glazed quality.

"I-it really i-isn't anything too s-special, y-you know... I-I mean, I a-am really go-good at it, b-but-" He cut off with a silent squeak to his light voice, swallowing harshly. He continued to respond to her other statement, smiling rather subtly. "T-thank you. S-she's a b-bit of a t-trouble-maker, a-actually.." He darted his eyes downwards again as he finished speaking, staring at the words mindlessly for a moment, cheeks burning a crimson red, brain unable to focus for a short span. He then again, however, drew a quiet sigh and relocated his place, mind indulging in the instruction of further explained Divination.

Leonardo Chavez

(Hufflepuff Common Room)

"He went to go and meet a friend of his on the quidditch pitch, yes he's on the quidditch team as am I. Not many first years are allowed on the team usually you have to wait until your second year. I've seen a world cup game once."

Leo's face slackened, frowning like a waning crescent slashed across his darkened skin.

"Well, I know there'll be some kind of exception, Kimmy~! I really worked hard over the break to be on the Quidditch team! I trained on my broom, worked on my speed and aim-oh, I broke a few of the neighbors' window and, um, accidentally killed my mom's parrot, but I've been getting good. We gotta beat those Slytherins, Kim! Just gotta! Those guys are always on their high horse, huh? And those Gryffindors, 'cause Hufflepuff hasn't won the Quidditch finals before, have they? I wanna bring that glory to the house, 'cause we Hufflepuffs deserve it!"

He paused to breath, stepping off his mental soapbox to shrug a bit and look around the room for a moment, mind working.

Mariya Kovalsky

(The Three Broomsticks)

Mariya had finally let her anger die out, leaning back in her chair like the true ice queen of Slytherin, crossed arms poised as if heading her subjects at some grand feast. Her sharp red eyes flickered around the compact room, hoping to catch the eye of someone she wasn't ready to snap the head off of, still holding a slight grudge against the girl she had cursed at that would probably last no longer than the length of the week, when her eyes stopped on a well known head.

Gary Tiner... She mused with a serpent's sneer coming to her pale face, perfectly arched eyebrow shooting up in a curious line to her expression. She averted her gaze momentarily, halting a guy who had been talking mid-sentence with a wave of her hand, him flinching a bit, as if expecting to be hit.

"That's interesting. I'll be right back."

In all honesty, she had no idea what that boy was saying, nor did she have the common courtesy to care. She still had the remains of that leer showing in her dark, wine colored eyes as she pushed back from the table, adjusting her snow white hair before clicking her way across the bar to flank him, one hand caressing her hip, other dangling limply at her side.

"Mind if I join you for a moment?" Her voice was like the gentle purr of a lioness, reaching that deep, alluring tone of speech that made her known for more than just being Queen Bitch.

Litria Death
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Adalaide Bliss Desmares

(At Hogsmeade with Will and Cerridwen)

The awkward silence between the three friends seemed to have faded a little by the time they arrived at Hogmeade ten minutes later, and Adalaide couldn't help but feel relieved. They've been only a couple days into the new school year, and things have already started to feel different between them. Adalaide silently hoped the change wasn't permanent; she liked things the way they were before. She couldn't help but catch a glance at Will once again, catching Cerridwen's curious gaze as she caught her doing so. The girl raised a brow at her, and Adalaide could feel herself turning a light shade of pink. She quickly moved her eyes away, trying to shrug the accusation off. She let it go, and kept her gaze in front of her as they headed to Honeydukes. She couldn't risk getting caught again.

Hogsmade was crowded with familiar faces, all different kinds of students from all the houses, and Adalaide caught her eye at a lingering first year following behind a house head. She smiled gently at the lost first year, seeing her chase after one of friends. She looked back in front of her, sighing happily when she spotted Gladrags. She glanced over to Cerridwen, wanting to mention something about going there, only to see that she'd stop in front of the Honeydukes display window. As usual, a large array of all sorts of colorful candy peaked inside the window, probably reeling anyone who passed by to come inside. Cerridwen didn't seem to be exception, and before she knew it, the girl had led them inside.

The satisfying smell of sweets wrapped around them as they stepped inside, and Adalaide couldn't help but feel her own cravings kick in too. She lingered over a stack of Bertie Bott's Jelly Beans, glancing over to her friends, "Glagdrags is right across here," She hinted, putting the bag of candy down. She looked hopefully to Cerridwen, "You know you want to do some shopping," She grinned mischieviously at her friend, her eyes darting back to the door. She looked over to Will, suddenly remember the last time they'd went to Glagdrags together. Let's say, he didn't have the most pleasant time... She looked to him, "You don't have to come this time." She laughed slightly, looking out the window, "We can meet up at The Three Broomsticks in a few hours?" She suggested, already starting to pull Cerridwen out the door with her.

swishandflicker
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorella on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Aylin Samantha Sky

(Down in the dungeons)

Aylin had woken up from a very fantastical dream and literally hopped out of bed and while doing that landed on her feet and did the warrior pose from the muggles little thing called yoga. On her pajamas was small little bunnies on a sky blue color and she grinned. She stripped down and put on a nice shirt with a pair of jean shorts and white flats. Aylin had kept thinking about the feast and how miraculous it was. Aylin thought all the food was positively, brilliantly delicious. Aylin had quickly took her braids out and then brushed her hair out and then found a nice bright lime green feather and clipped it in her hair. She found her butterbeer cork screw necklace and put it on as well as her radish earrings, she couldn't take a chance at getting caught by nargles that was for sure.

Coming out of the perfectly round door she went through the hall then found the hufflepuff common room and smiled. "Good morning!" She said loudly and excitedly with the biggest smile on her face. She waved to many fellow hufflepuffs and then she left and went down to breakfast before they got rid of all the delicious food that was upon them. Quickly she sat down and plated her food and began eating. "There seems to be nargles in my milk." She said with a slight frown come upon her face and pushed the milk out of her reach and wouldn't dare drink it. She finished breakfast in a matter of minutes and then she grabbed a peppermint to chew. Yes chew she never actually sucked on them she had to chew and she rightly didn't care if they could ruin her teeth that way that was the way she liked to eat them. She walked out of the great hall and was starting to wonder where her friends were. Kendra was most likely in the library and well Aylin wasn't allowed in the library that was one thing so she couldn't visit Kendra sadly and who knew where Gary was he could be anywhere..Anywhere a female was that is sighing she continued to think of possible places her friends would be and where she could go.

After at least ten minutes of walking around mindlessly she came out of her trance and looked around her. Where was she? She took a better look and realized that she was in the dungeons, wasn't that where the Slytherin common room and such was? She was quite sure it was but she had never been down her before and had never known how to get out it seemed a little dark but she could still see. She started to panic. What kind of sixth year didn't know how to get out of the dungeons? She was a terrible person if she couldn't even find her way around the castle. This was horrible and what was gonna happen? Would someone find her? Well of course someone would but the question was...Would someone help her? This was all scaring her now and she just wanted to get out.

Soon came by a few Slytherin's and they started to laugh at her. "Look at the hufflepuff freak." One of them said. These were other kids her own age and year. "What is a stupid bloody hufflepuff like you doing down here?" Another one spat and Aylin didn't like this and it was right but she wasn't going to go out of ehr way and just say shut up. "Don't you have kindergarten right now? Better not miss paint time." One of the girls said obviously mocking Aylin's love to paint and was trying to make her cry but Aylin wouldn't cry it wasn't exactly like her to do that in a situation of being bullied it just basically made Aylin feel bad which was what those scum bags wanted.

Sorella
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!