Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Home has never looked so good.

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Home has never looked so good.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:03 am

OOC: This is continued from a forum in the Asia Nation, "A bloodless coupe" http://gwing.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=359, which involved Jyotika, The Defenders, and my Caligo Umbra.

Six hours had passed since the Caligo Umbra had fled their small stronghold in Asia. After turning on Jyotika, this was the only thing that Val could see doing. He knew that if he stayed in Asia, Jyotika would come for him. Well, that would happen anyways, but at least now they had some time to regroup, set up defences, and hopefully get in thouch with the Defenders. The first order of business was getting Takimi to an actual hospital. Several of the Caligo Elites under took this task, the second task was getting the unfinished Hyperion into the hanger. And finally everyone from the Asian base was taken care of, made sure they had everything then needed.

Val had locked himself away in his office, which was in the middle of an old World War II bunker that the Caligo Umbra had acquired after a failed attempt to build a mass production MS factory on the island, which was just too small for the task.

Originally it had been a storage room set just off the main drag of the bunker. Once the government took over and attempted to make a mobile suit factory here, the room had been converted to the head engineer’s office. Now, it belonged to Val. Many people thought he choose that office because it was near the heart of the bunker, but frankly, it was the furthest away from everywhere else. There were no windows and no ceiling light. A full sized standing lamp stood in the right corner of the room, by the entrance. The walls were covered in charts ranging from old MS factory Blue Prints to city layout plans for every city in the Sanc Kingdom. His desk wasn't fancy, expensive, or even that well put together. He was convinced that it was just going to crumble to dust one day. On the desk sat a computer, a small lamp, and seemingly endless piles of paper work, none that actually needed to be done though, most of that had been there three years ago when The Caligo Umbra officially disbanded. Other than the old WWII bunker, very few building remaind standing. What had once been a lush little fishing village was now a barren wasteland of toppled buildings and random MS parts. There was only one building that remaind standing. It was a massive three story house. The only one of the wealthy family houses to survive, but only because it was used to house visiting officers when the MS factory was up and running all those years ago. The house had been white at one point in time, but now most of the paint had chipped away or was stained some shade of brown or grey. The first floor windows had all been boarded up because Val and his bunkmate, James, had seen no real reason to have them fixed at the time, and never got around to it since. The double front doors had to be replace, but were nothing like the original elaborate doors. Now a single simple door was installed, where the second door had been they just boarded over. The first floor consisted of a massive entrance way with a room off to either side, which were now used for offices, one for Val, the other for James. Two sets of stair led up to the second floor, one on either side of the entrance hall, where there had originally been some sort of ball room, which now stood empty and unused, a bar, which was up and running again, as well the billiard room. Between the two stair cases stood the dining room and behind that the kitchen. The third floor consisted of the bed rooms, bath rooms and a few more empty rooms that Val and James couldn't find any use for, at least not at the moment.

Val was sitting in the dark, staring a the computer, desperatly waiting and hoping he would hear back from the defenders.

OOC: Here's where the island is located compared to Boston MA. http://web.mit.edu/afs/sipb.mit.edu/user/jcb/OldFiles/GIF/boston-to-nahant.gif
And here's just a pic of it http://www.ed-thelen.org/J-McGrath/NAHANT2.JPG

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby black_fire_101 on Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:29 pm

Nevaeh was walking through the halls trying to "relax" as Val had said, but she just couldn't manage. She gets back goes to take a nap... they ship her out of Asia. She gets to North America and everything and everyone is so damn stirred up she can hardly sleep with all the that racket going on. AS she walked she didn't seem to the notice the direction her feet were carrying her, and once again she stood in front of an office she knew belonged to Val... what a coinicidence.

HOW do I ALWAYS end up here?!?! How?!? Why me....

She sighed and tapped on the door again sure she was interupting something of some sort, she just couldn't help it... at least she could makes something sound important enough to talk for just a bit...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

black_fire_101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:08 am

Val was still sitting in his office, staring at the computer screen. He'd been there since The Caligo Umbra units from Asia and arrived back at Antioch. Everything seemed to be racing around him so fast. How would Jyotika react, surely he realized that Val and his team had left Asia. And how would the Defenders respond, would they respond? Question after question raced though his mind so fast he didn't even have time to answer any of them. A soft tap on his door kicked him out of his questions and knocked him back into reality.

"Come on it."

It was her again, his spy, Nevaeh. Val wasn't sure what she was doing here, but he really didn't care at the moment. He was just glad to see something, someone so beautiful in what seemed like the Caligo Umbra's darkest hour. Val smiled as she poked her head in. He waved her in and motioned to a seat. Val could help but keep smiling as she entered and took a seat.

Across the base, James and Lina, along with a team of mechanics were going over the Hyperion, making sure it had survived the hurried boarding, departure and disembarking process with no ill effect. From the looks of it, everything was fine.

Lina pulled James aside once the inspection was complete.

"What happened back there? One moment we were fine, then next we we're under attack, then we we're under attack, then we opened fire on our ally, then fled!"

"I don't know either, Val didn't tell me anything. But, if you really want to know, and well I do, just go ask him yourself. Then you can come back and tell me." James grinned and Lina rolled her away and let out a soft laugh.

She cleaned up a bit and changed from the oil covered mechanics uniform to the cloths she still had from when she stayed with Val back in Asia. She thought she looked really good in them, and well, she was hoping that Val thought the same thing. She strolled over to his office humming a happy tune with a slight skip in her step. She was getting ready to knock on the door, when she say it was opened a just a crack. Making sure nobody was around, Lina gently pushed the door open a bit more. Val was sitting at his desk with a smile on his face and there was a woman sitting across the desk from him. She couldn't see her face, but just knowing it was a woman was enough to send Lina into a jealous fit of rage. She took a deep breath and let it out. There were plenty of women within the Caligo Umbra, this was probably just an officer come to make a report. But Lina, being eighteen, could only think that this was a woman that had come to compete with her over Val's affection. Lina already had to find a way to deal with this Takimi woman, and now another one. Life just wasn't fair. Lina sighed deeply and turned and headed back towards the hanger.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby black_fire_101 on Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:14 pm

She smiled polietly as she took her seat, crossing her legs and then resting her elbow on them. He seemed happy to see her, whiched helped let go to the silent stress that she was interupting something. But suddenly all the weeks worries were gone. She could talk to someone-finally- but she oddly had nothing to say. 'Well- when ther's nothing to say make polite conversation. It's never failed me yet!'

I was just wanted to check on you, sir. You haven't been out of your office since we got here. I was - I mean some of the crew was beging to worry about you, so I decided i'd drop by. I hope I'm not being an inconveniance to you.

She let out a soft sigh and smiled hopefully up at Val. He was a handsome man, and ,in all of her encounters with him, a gentle man. There was just somthing about him that made her like him.

And I was also hoping you weren't going to be too strict about that "relax" order you gave me... because I really haven't had the chance. I was hoping you'd know of something I could do around here to help, instead of sitting in my room with nothing to do. I kind of feel useless after watching the mechanics and everyone else around here.

black_fire_101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:04 pm

Val nodded slightly as she spoke. 'She was just here for something to do? Well that's good, and bad at the same time.' Val though as she finished speaking. Val quickly went over a list of things that needed to be done in his head, but he couldn't think of anything that Nevaeh could do with the skills that he was aware of.

"Well, I'm sorry but I don't think there's anything for you to do. Everything that needs to be done is being handled by the mechanics and the Caligo Elite. Nothing for a spy to take care of. And as for me, I sent a message to the Defenders right before we left to come home to Antioch, and I'm waiting for a response. At this point, their decision could make or break us. I hate being dependant on others. Especially when I don't know if I can count on them or not!"

There was a slight tone of anger in his voice when he spoke the few words and it was visible that he hand clenched both his fists. After a few seconds, he let out a deep breath and relaxed his hands, and looked back up to her.

"So, yeah, I'm sorry, but I really don't think there's anything much to do for you but to relax. And since you don't want to seem to do that. Why don't you just tell me a bit more about yourself?"

Lina hit a small detour on her way back to the hanger. She decided to stop into the main recreation hall to see if there was anything exciting going on, and since she wasn't officially on duty, she knew James wouldn't care. There weren't that many people there, the majority of the people that were usually in the recreation hall were the mechanics and the Caligo Elite, but as of right now, both groups were busy tending to work so there were mostly officers there that had come to check out the public recreation hall when it was empty as opposed to going to the officers recreation hall. Several of the officers looked up from whatever they were doing as she entered. This was the first time she'd actually been in here. Every other time she'd been to one of the recreation halls, she had gone with James or another mechanic officer to the officer’s recreation hall.

There wasn't anything fancy about it, but it had more than enough things to do to keep a majority of the base personal busy and happy. Four pool tables, all of which were occupied sat of in the far corner, each lit up by two hanging lights. The bar ran along the close wall to the right near the door. Every stool had somebody sitting there, drinking and smoking. Foosball and table tennis were set up opposite the pool tables with several outdated arcade machines lined along the wall. She was about to turn and leave when her eyes fell on a screen attached to the wall with a stereo and projector beside it. A karaoke machine.

Lina's eyes lit up when she saw it. She and her mother used to sing karaoke every Sunday when they lived together back in New York, but she hadn't done it since she joined up with the Caligo Umbra. She darted over to the machine and found a binder of song lists. Most of the songs were really old, but she recognized a bunch of them. Several of the people in the recreation hall had noticed her running over to the karaoke machine and had wandered over with chairs. Lina sighed and decided she didn't want to sing tonight and turned around, to see almost all over the fifteen people in the recreation hall had pulled up seats and were waiting for her to start. It looked like she was going to sing after all. Lina turned on the machine and selected her song.

"Um. Hi everyone. I'm Lina and I'll be singing "Truly Madly Deeply" tonight."

The music started and she began singing, letting herself be lost in the music, forgetting every care in the world, the magic of karaoke.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:16 pm

This message arrived in Val's computer.

"Val,

This is Estovana Water of The Defenders.

Because we do not know you, nor have any reason to trust or mistrust you, we will send our supply ship, The Enkido, to pick up you and some of your crew. We are not at the moment considering an alliance with The Caligo Umbra, because we have no reason to believe that you're not still working for Jyotika.

The Enkido will arrive tomorrow morning. We will be able to transport seven of your men to The Gilgamesh and consider terms of a full-fledged rescue operation.

~Ess

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:50 pm

Val was waiting for Nevaeh to speak when his computer flashed. It was a message from the Defenders.

Val,

This is Estovana Water of The Defenders.

Because we do not know you, nor have any reason to trust or mistrust you, we will send our supply ship, The Enkido, to pick up you and some of your crew. We are not at the moment considering an alliance with The Caligo Umbra, because we have no reason to believe that you're not still working for Jyotika.

The Enkido will arrive tomorrow morning. We will be able to transport seven of your men to The Gilgamesh and consider terms of a full-fledged rescue operation.

~Ess

Val read the message over five times. He couldn't believe it, they were actually going to meet. Val typed out a quick reply and sent it back.

Defenders,

I thank you for your time and appreciate you replying. I will come, along with two of my men. My top two mechanics, James Raynor and Lina Greywood. We will come completely unarmed and submit to any requests or questions you have of us. I also understand your hesitation to trust my intentions. For this, I do not blame you.

Sincerely,
Val

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to need you to leave now. That message was from the Defenders, and we are to meet tomorrow morning. Again, I'm sorry, well talk another time."

Val got up and rushed out of the office, leaving Nevaeh behind with a confused and slightly disappointed look on her face. Val ran down the corridors from his office towards the hanger. On the way, he heard singing coming from the direction if the recreation hall. He rounded the corner and saw Lina singing on the karaoke machine. She had just finished singing a song, Val wasn't sure what song, but the people watching where whistling and cheering. She was smiling, she looked beautiful when she was smiling.

Lina looked over to the entrance and saw Val standing there, smiling at her. She blushed and dropped the microphone as Val waved her over. After giving her a quick explanation of what was going on, they walked together over to the hanger in silence. Once they were there, Val gave Lina and James a more detailed explanation.

"Ok, here's the deal. The Defenders are going to meet with us tomorrow morning. And I'm taking you two along. They don't trust our intentions, but I don't blame them for that. They considering this a full scale rescue operation, so we're going unarmed and will submit to what they want."

Val showed James a print out of the message and once he was finished, James handed it to Lina. Lina didn't even read the whole thing before her eyes widened and she dropped the print out.

"Estovana Water? Estovana Water wrote this message?"

"Do you, know her?"

Before Val could get an answer, Lina turned and ran out of the room, yelling back that she'd see them in the morning. Both James and Val watched her leave then turned and shrugged at each other.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:50 pm

The Enkido shot out of the Gilgamesh, gliding gently toward Earth just as the dawnline crossed over the western shore of North America into the Pacific Ocean. It would be dawn when they picked up Val and his team. In the cockpit, Zach and Ess sat in silence. Neither looked at each other. Oddly, this silence was pleasant. With no tension between them, they began to enjoy the other's company.

"I grew up on Earth. Born in the Sanc Kingdom."

"I was born in London, beautiful city... It's very historic."

"Really? The only time I'd been in London was a stopover at their airport. It smelled nice.

Ess allowed herself a small laugh, still watching the controls.

"You go to the world's busiest airport and all you can remember is that it smelled nice?"

"Yeah, it was during the war, I didn't have time for much else than to get a quck sniff of it before my next flight.

"So you've at least been in London. I'd love to see the Sanc Kingdom, I've heard it's beautiful."

"It is beautiful, but underneath, it's a powder keg... so many people want to gain power there without undermining the ideals of pacifism."

"Maybe we should go and see it sometime."

"We should..."

The Enkido entered the atmosphere, and the protective cover slid over the windshield, shrouding the two in red darkness.

The ship buffeted in the atmospheric currents and before long, the window retracted as The Enkido shifted into flight mode.

Ess double checked the coordinates and programmed them into the Enkido, which spiralled down onto the makeshift runway made by the Caligo Umbra.

Without a word, the two left the cockpit and joined Eota who was already lowering the stairs to the ground below. On the ground were three people, the largest and in front was a man who was obviously Val, behind him was a slightly smaller man and to his right was a girl with the same red hair as Ess.

When Ess caught sight of the young woman, she leapt down from the shuttle, skipping the stairs entirely, landed clumsily, and embraced the other girl.

"Lina! It's been eight years! It's been far too long!"

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby black_fire_101 on Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:56 pm

Nevaeh hardly had time to blink before Val was up and out of his office. She sighed and sood slightly disapointed that she hadn't really gotten to talk with him more. Sowly she shuffled out of the office and down to the hangar not expecting to find Val there... but with Val there was someone else. Someone she hadn't met before but had seen around. She smiled and walked over.

well hello again, and who is this...

Neva nudged Val in the arm smiling at James sweetly,

black_fire_101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:33 am

This is James, the head mechanic. He's the one doing most of the work on my Gundam and the major repairs on my current MS. James, this is Nevaeh she's a spy, and a damn good one at that. She's been off getting information on the Defenders. But nothing much came up, though I didn't expect too much, they're pretty good at keeping things secret.[/ic]

The three of them chatted for a while but Val had to cut it short on account of the meeting with the Defenders in the morning. Both Val and James retired to their respective rooms in the house that they used as their residence. James went into the kitchen to grab a quick bit to eat, but Val went right to his room and was surprised to find Lina there, asleep in his bed. Val let out a slight groan and plopped down in a chair and fell asleep almost instantly.

Morning came a bit too early for Val's liking, but when he got downstairs, he saw that Lina had prepared another spectacular meal for him and James. They had time for a nice leisurely breakfast, they headed off for the LZ. They were there for about twenty minuets when they saw the shuttle. The three of them stood there as three people disembarked. One, with the same colored hair as Lina. To both Val's and James' surprise, the girl tackled and hugged Lina tightly. Both Val and James looked at each other with confused looks.

"Lina! It's been eight years! It's been far too long!"

"ESS! It seems like it's been even longer than that dear sister!"

Val and James looked at the two girls then back to each other and spoke at the same time.

"Sister?"
"Sister?"
"Twins? Nice!"
"Twins? Nice!"

Val shook the perverted thoughts from his head and looked to the man that had disembarked, who had and almost equally confused look on his face. Val cleared his throat.

"Greetings. I am Val Trall, this is my head mechanic, James Raynor. And, uh, that is Lina Greywood. But it looks like at least someone already knew that. I want to thank you for coming."

James nodded when Val said his name. And glanced back to the two red heads that were still hugging each other on the ground.

"So, Lina, are you going to tell us how you know each other?"

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:33 pm

Eota blinked at the image in front of him. Seeing the two red heads glomp each other wasn't something he saw everyday...but...that's not to say he didn't like it. Becoming embarrassed by the dirty thoughts in his head, Eota blushed slightly and tried not to stare...too much. Then his concentration was broken when the communicator Kiyoshi had provided beeped. Eota stepped out of the way and took it out of his pocket.

Eota - Eota, here.

Han - Eota, it's Han. Kiyoshi just contacted me. Tell Zach that the }{G want a meeting with him.

Eota - They're getting involved now!?

Eota tried to keep his voice down, but couldn't.

Han - Satellite imaging, along with transmissions and reports that we've pick up, indicate Jyotika has moved into the Sanc Kingdom. Doesn't look like we slowed him down much at all. Seems like the }{G don't like this, and are going to get involved, but their leader wants to meet with Zach.

Eota - I'll let him know.

Han - Han, out.

Eota put his communicator back in his pocket and walked up to Zach.

Eota - Zach, Jyotika's occupied the Sanc Kingdom, and Kiyoshi says the }{G wants to meet with you.

Eota then looked back at Ess and Lina and again blinked at them. Eota then glared at Zach and pointed his finger at him.

Eota - Remind me to hate you for having a hot girl friend with a hot twin sister!

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby black_fire_101 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:48 pm

She smiled as they said good bye but as they turned to go her face changed from one of interest to one of deep though, creased with line from concentration. What exactly was going on here? She mingled around with the officers for a while before finally retiring to her room and curling up in her bed. Sleep didn't come easy. A plan was forming in her mind, slowly taking shape and forming into something she would never forget. ever. When sleep finally did claim her a smile was spread across her face and so it stayed till morning.

Neva had woke early the next morning determined to find out what all the commotion was about last night. Her head was spinning with questions and she was determined to figure out at least a few answers. She had followed val and James as they went to breakfast, eating a little bit herself, and smiled as they headed out to the LZ, slipping into the dark spots as they went along following in absolute silence. There were perks to being a spy. The wait was about twenty minutes but finally a shuttle was in sight. She felt the excitement raising in her chest as the shuttle landed, and the two red heads launched themselves at each other. She shook her head and almost laughed as they both toppled. The boys didn't seem to mind either. 'hmm... Must be the "Defenders"...that's the only explanation really... maybe. I'm still so confused. will they be leaving or...'

Without knowing it, in her frustration she let out a sigh that was maybe a little to loud for her own good. ' oh no... did they hear...'

black_fire_101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:17 pm

Val and James' jaws dropped when they overheard Eost report to Zach.

"JYOTIK HAS OCCUPIED THE SANC KINGDOM!?"

"What does he think he's doing?"

Val and James looked at each other with looks of disbelief, they were both thinking the same thing, but neither of them could bring himself to say it, so Lina did.

"Jyotika is moving faster then we could have ever imagined. And he doesn't care who gets in his way. I mean, if he invaded Sanc Kingdom, surely he'll not stop until he gets what he's after. And once that happens, what's to stop him from invading the colonies?"

Val cleared his throat, took a deep breath and let it out.

"So, now we all know exactly how far Jyotika is going to go. And I have something else I wish to tell you that I was reluctant to say in my message, just in case Jyotika managed to get a hold of it somehow. Jyotika sent his personal, uh, slave, Takimi to get some information from me. And while she was with us, she grew to like being free and, Jyotika attempted to kill her on the way back to his base, but she survived and is currently in a hospital. Once she is back in good health, she will have mountains of information on Jyotika that would be otherwise impossible for us to find out. Among that, I'm assuming, will be the location of the rest of his MS factories and who exactly was able to break into my base, twice, and find out what we were doing."

Lina groaned and narrowed her eyes when Val mentioned Takimi's name, and she didn't try to hide the fact that she did. Lina was pretty sure that everyone in the area had noticed her actions, but she didn't care, she wanted Val to know that she wasn't happy about his apparent affection towards Takimi. Not that Lina had any claim to Val, seeing as they weren't together and had shared nothing more than a tight hug and a few kisses on the cheek.

-------------------------------

Takimi was resting in the hospital room after a full day of exercise to get her body back into working order. She still hadn't completely grown accustom to the fact that she was free, and before doing anything, from getting up to walk around, right down to turning the volume up on the television, was asking somebody for permission. She was surfing though the channels, not finding anything interesting to watch. But she knew she had to get better as fast as she could. She knew Ka would be coming for Val, and she also knew that Val had no idea who Ka was or what he was capable of. In fact, Val knew nothing of Jyotika's ninjas, for he had rode with her in the cockpit of the V-22 back to Jyotika's base, and not in the back with the ninja that had accompanied her. Now she wished that Val had ridden with him, then he would have asked her, and she would have told him. But it was too late, Takimi could only hope that she could tell Val before Ka could get to him.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:57 pm

Jyotika... In the Sanc Kingdom?

The thought could not settle with Zach. Sanc was his home, his whole idea of safety and comfort was in that small kingdom. How... why would Jyotika want Sanc??? How DARE he invade a country that was peaceful by its very nature and had no obvious benefits of being ruled over???

Ess broke off her conversation with Lina to see Zach standing there, shock and confusion plastered onto his face. Was he alright?

Zach... are you alright?

"Sanc Kingdom... why?"

"Zach... maybe you should sit down."

Ess turned to face her guests, the shock of Jyotika's actions setting in.

"C'mon everyone, let's get up to The Gilgamesh

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:19 pm

OOC: Little double post there

Val, James and Lina all turned to look at Zach, who was obviously taking this news personally for some reason unknown to the three of them. From the way he was acting, Lina gathered that Zach had some connection to the Sanc Kingdom. Family, friends, maybe he was born there? She didn't really know, but suspected that it was all be explained in due time. Ess was the one that spoke up.

""C'mon everyone, let's get up to The Gilgamesh.""

Val looked at James then to Lina, and they both read his face perfectly. Looks like they were going with the Defenders.

"Wait, we're coming with you?"

"Should we get the Maganac ready? Is it ready James?"

"Yeah, it's ready. We'd need to do all the pre-launch set up and check ups, which would take some time, it hasn't been used for a few months."

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:07 pm

"Okay, let's get it ready then. With the way Jyotika works, we can expect an assault on the shuttle while it makes its way to orbit."

Ess took Zach by the arm and led him to one of the passenger seats of The Enkido. He had a deadened look in his eyes, like a nearly-blind man who couldn't focus on anything. Ess felt horrible, knowing that there wasn't anything she could say to snap Zach out of this horrible state. Zach sat in the seat, mouthing soundlessly to himself. How could Jyotika, the man who had tried to kill him, give such a low blow to his psyche? There was no good reason for him to sieze such a peaceful country...

Ess decended the stairs to the small crowd. She pulled Eota aside.

"Keep an eye on Zach, make sure he's alright, okay?"

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:54 pm

Eota looked at Zach not sure what to say. He could see the pain in his eyes it reminded him almost of Kiyoshi. Eota shook his head. He didn't want to think that another person would end up being so cliche in hiding his eyes behind sunglasses because of some pain and torment in the past. Eota sat down by Zach. He strained his brain to think of something to say. Then he thought of Kiyoshi again. The }{G were coming. They were going to go after Jyotika. Eota put his hand on Zach's shoulder.

Eota - Don't worry...we'll make him pay.

Eota smiled but it faded once he saw his words didn't even make a dent in Zach's expression. He began to wonder how everyone was doing up on the Gilgamesh. He sighed in a bit of remorse. Han was probably with Lisa, and Base was probably with Stacy. Damn couples. Eota looked at Zach again.

Eota- Think you're going to be alright to pilot the Enkido? I can do it for you...

Zach still remained silent. His eyes were forward but not focused on anything. Eota decided to try another tactic.

Eota - Look...you need to snap out of this!

Eota stood up and got in front of Zach making him look at him.

Eota - What Jyotika has done is wrong. He's occupied a peaceful nation, your home! You have to snap out of this! I can imagine what your feeling right now, someone has invaded and attacked your home. Well think about how we felt, when you and the Defenders attacked L3! I've forgiven you for it, because I can understand why you did it. Unfortunately, Jyotika doesn't have any peaceful intentions to what he's doing! You need to snap out of this. We're going to need you. You're a Gundam pilot! We're going to go back to the Gilgamesh, we're going to meet up with the }{G and then we're going to strike back against Jyotika, and save your home.

Eota sighed as he sat down again.

Eota - I'm sorry...I'm not very good at uplifting speeches. Actually, that's the most outspoken I've been in awhile...ever since my accident and all.

Eota put his hand on the scar over his right eye.

Eota - I didn't let the pain from this injury stop me from becoming a mobile suit pilot. You don't need this pain your feeling now stop you from saving your home.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:48 am

"I didn't let the pain from this injury stop me from becoming a mobile suit pilot. You don't need this pain your feeling now stop you from saving your home."

"I'm not hurt. I'm angry."

"Come again?"

"I said, I'm angry. No one is allowed to touch my home, the place that will always be the last stronghold of peace. The Sanc Kingdom is not just my home. What it represents is more than just a pacifist nation. It is a crutch for billions of people! If the Sanc Kingdom is not safe from Jyotika, what is? We cannot allow this man to get any more powerful."

Zach stood up, the old glint of exuberance flashing in his eye. It was the look he had before the wars had ever started, before all of the terror in his life had dulled the light and left him a hollow shell. This may have taken Eota by surprise, but Zach didn't care right then. He had a definite mission, he had a definite purpose. He had meaning now. There was a reason for him to be alive! He stuck his head out the door and shouted down towards the small crowd at the bottom of the stairs.

[i]"C'mon Ess! Get up here and let's get back to The Gilgamesh! We have stuff to do and deadlines to meet! C'mon c'mon c'mon! Everyone, get on board! We have stuff to do!"

As Ess made her way up the stairs to the Enkido, she pulled Eota aside.

[i]"I don't know what you said to him, but it must've worked!

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:02 pm

Val, Lina, and James exchanged quick glances and dashed aboard the shuttle, still unsure if they were supposed to join the Defenders or not, but willing to take thier chances. All three of them stood by the exit, not knowing where to go or what to do.

"Well, I think that bastard Jyotika just signed us at least a temporary alliance with the Defenders. Invading the Sanc Kingdom, what the hell is he thinking? There's no way that the people of Earth will stand for this, and this is definantly NOT fufilling Lord Milliardo's dreams and wishes."

"I don't know what he's playing at either Val, but I can tell you one thing, I doubt he's actually "invaded" Sanc Kingdom, or we would have heard of some retaliation by now. No, I'm thinking that he's playing some sort of game. Like saying there are weapons in Sanc Kingdom and he's there to remove them. Hell, I'm at a loss."

Sometime during the conversation that Val and jame were having, Lina and slipped off to find her sister Ess. They needed to catch up, but right now, they needed to deal with Jyotika, catching up could wait. Lina found Ess talking with Eota near the top of a stair case.

"Ess? It's me, Lina."

Lina waited for Ess to finish whatever business she had with Eots before she spoke again.

"I know everything has just been thrown together in a blur, and I know that, well the Defenders at least, don't trust Val's intentions, and I don't know if you do or not. I'm not here to beg on Val's behalf, but I am here to tell you that Val truely does regret the alliance he formed with Jyotika. If he didn't he wouldn't have helped your mobile suits escape, and he certainly wouldn't have ordered all those heavily undertrained piolets to be killed."

Lina let out a deep sigh and visible tears were begining to form in her eyes.

"I don't know what to do sister. I'm scared. I never thought that's I'd get mixed up in something like this."

With those words, she broke down into full out tears.

---------------------------------

Takimi still wasn't feeling at the top of her game, but she was feeling good enough to make a call to Val, one that should have been made a while ago. Takimi picked up the phone and dialed the number that had been left with her by the Caligo Elites before they returned to Antioch. It rang once, twice, three times, four times and five. After the fifth ring, there was an asnwer.

"Val?"

"No, but this is Antioch, who is this, what is the reguarding, and how did you get this number?"

"There's no time for that. This is Takimi and Val gave me the number. Jyotika has a group a ninja's that Val doesn't know about. And I can guarentee that at least one, Ka, is coming after Val to get revenge for his actions back in Asia. You need to put me though to val right now!"

"I'm sorry that's not possible, he left this morning along with two mechanics to meet the Defenders, and I don't know when they'll be back. But rest assured Miss Takimi that this information will be passed along to Val as soon as possible. Over and out."

With those words, the line went dead. Takimi held the phone to her ear for a few seconds and then hung the phone up once again. There was no doubt in her mind that ka would be coming for Val, and if Ka learned that she was still alive, he would come for her as well, with or without orders from Jyotika.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:22 pm

Ess hugged her sister, not quite sure what to make of all of what the eight years of seperation had done to her.

"Lina, you've always been the smarter one. After all, you have an entire five minutes more life experience than I do. I'm sure Val is a good guy, after all, you're the one with a crush on him!

Ess left her sister in the passenger area and went into the cockpit where a spry and lively Zach already had the pre-launch set up.

"Geez, Zach. Did Eota give you crack or something? You're not usually this... upbeat.

"You've never seen me when I have a definite goal, Ess. You'll see. We'll beat Jyotika. Epiphany will kick his butt right out the front door of his fancy mansion!"

Ess could help but smile as the shuttle started to take off. Finding her sister, finally getting along with Zach, things were looking up.

OOC: To be continued in L1 topic, "Negotiations and Preperations".

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.