~*~House of Night~*~ :IC

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

~*~House of Night~*~ :IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Welcome, to the House of Night!

Lyca

Lyca walked down the hallway, she'd woken up just a little while ago. She was on her way to her first class. Literature.
Lyric walked through the door, gave her teacher a quick smile and took her seat by the window. The moonlight shone in through the trees and she pulled out her book which she had been assigned.
"Morning, Jaybird." Lyca said, quietly.

</3 Xen & Xai <3

Xen and Xia and walked over to the High Priestess office. Xen turned to his brother and sighed. They'd come all the way from Japan to assist this High Priestess. "Well, Xai... This is going to be a big change..." Xen said, frowning.
"It'll be okay, Xen!" Xai said, bouncing up and kissing his brother.
Xen smiled at his cheerful brother, "Okay." He said, touching his brother's cheek and then turning to the door and knocking.
Xai was the one who did the talking though, "High Priestess Laurena?" He called, beaming even though she couldn't see him.
Xen stood close to his brother, one hand on his shoulder.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Armageddon
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: ~*~House of Night~*~ :IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:13 am

Literature Professor Jaybird "Jay"

"No, Taellia, I haven't checked to make sure the DVD is in your slot recently!" Jaybird said, her voice tinged with annoyance at the electronic device, not realizing that it was actually Lyca speaking.
Then she realized who had actually been speaking, "Oh! Sorry, Lyca. I thought it was Taellia, the DVD player, speaking, not you. Sorry," Jaybird couldn't help but giggle.
She paused for a moment, "We'll give the others five minutes before we start, but before we begin, could I have a volunteer to pass out Romeo and Juliet?"

High Priestess Laurena "Lauren"

"Come in, Xen and Xai," Laurena's voice rang out in the mostly silent school.
A fluffy black cat with luminous amber eyes jumped onto her perfectly neat desk. Everything was organized and pristine, every paper and file in it's place.
She tugged two files from an organizer on her desk and set them on top of a desk calender in the center of her desk, she opened the files, her piercing yet gentle gray eyes studying the pages carefully, absorbing every detail of them before the twins entered the room. She closed the files, done reading within seconds.
noot noot

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:26 am

Lyca giggled, "It's okay. I'm sure, with your affinity it can be hard to tell who or what is speaking." She said, smiling.
"I'm willing to pass out Romeo and Juliet." Lyric offered, putting a book away and looking at the DVD player. Some might find it strange that her teacher could speak to electronics, but Lyca didn't find it the least bit strange. Actually she thought it was pretty cool.

</3 Xen & Xai

Xen and Xai entered, bowing respectfully in front of the Priestess.

Xai eyed the neatness. He was used to that with his brother, but he himself... Well, he wasn't exactly neat. Xen smirked at his brother but then wiped away the smirk, sure it wasn't appropriate.
"High Priestess Laurena... It's an honor to meet you." Xai said, beaming at her. Xen just nodded in agreement, his smile was very slight compared to Xai's beaming.
Xai wondered what Laurena thought of them - they weren't as well... Huge as other warriors. Hight or muscle wise.
Last edited by Armageddon on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Armageddon
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:48 am

Jaybird "Jay"

Jaybird smiled, "Indeed it can be. It was always horrid during tests when the toaster would start telling me the answers to the questions, and let me tell you that the toaster wasn't very intelligent, and so the answers were more often than not, wrong."
"It must be hell in that mind of yours with all of the cats running around, their emotions and such flooding your mind," the Vampyre literature teacher motioned with a hand to one of the many cabinets against the walls. "You will find Romeo and Juliet within that drawer." After instructing Lyca, she turned to the DVD player once again and frowned at it. "Taellia, for the last time, the DVD is in your slot!" she insisted.
"But it feels funny!" Taellia replied angrily.
"I don't care if the DVD feels funny, that's your problem!" Jaybird couldn't keep a straight face, a small laugh escaping her.
"It's your problem if you want me to work."
"If I want you to work? Do you want me to disassemble you?" Jaybird raised an eyebrow at the persistently complaining electronic device known as Taellia.
Finally the DVD player shut up and silence filled her mind once more.

Laurena "Lauren"

Laurena nodded to the warriors in return to their bows.
"I see you are unaccustomed to neatness, Xia?" she tilted her head curiously.
"I think plenty of you, Xia," the Priestess laughed, smiling.
"I know that you aren't as large as other warriors in height or muscle, but I know for a fact that you are plenty strong as one and you are gifted with many talents. It would be an honor to have you guard my school against such dangers as the outside world."

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:29 am

Lyca laughed, "The toaster?" She asked, wide-eyed.
"At times, it can be. Many times it can be very depressing... Especially if another one of the students...Rejects the change..." Lyric said, frowning slightly. A lot of the time the cat's could become depressed when their student dies.
Lyca nodded walking over to the drawer and pulling out Romeo and Juliet.

Lyca laughed as Jaybird started the argue with the DVD player. "I'm sure it would be very annoying if your alarm clock kept yelling at you - Even after you press the snooze button."

</3 Xen & Xai <3

Xai blushed faintly, "Yes, ma'am..." He said, politely. "Xen is a clean freak..."
Xen shifted uneasily beside his twin, his face clean of any emotion.
Xai stared at Laurena as she pretty much read his thoughts, "Um... Thank you, Priestess Laurena. It would be an honor to serve you." He gave her a quick grin.
Xen shifted again, still uneasy. He just listened. He did a lot of that. Xen nodded a little and mumbled the words, "Thank you, Priestess."

Armageddon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:15 am

Jaybird "Jay"

Jay nodded, "Yes, the toaster."
She nodded, "I understand how you feel. The many electronics here also get depressed. Apparently news travels fast in the electronic community."
"My Leonardo, my alarm clock, and I have had some discussions. Most of the time it's because he wakes me up three hours early every morning."
Jaybird frowned at the television, "Do you mind quieting down, Yolanda?" she asked then turned to a pair of identical laptops, "You two also, Josh and Joy."
She turned to Lyca, "Josh and Joy are twins. I never knew there to be such a thing until I heard these two. They finish each other's sentences and echo each other as well as talk about two completely different random things all day and argue about some thing or another and not make a lick of sense. It's really annoying, really. Much worse than Vampyre or human twins, of course."

Laurena "Lauren"

Laurena laughed, her laugh musical. "Of course! You two are the first warriors I've met that actually have a personality," she smiled, "today you may explore the grounds and get the lay of the land as well as meet some of the students as they leave their classes and such."
"There is a room prepared for you on the second story. It is personalized to your personalities and interests, I hope you enjoy it."
"And you are very welcome, warriors. Welcome to the Berlin House of Night."

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:51 am

"Wow." Lyca said, her eyes still wide.
"Really? That's pretty cool." She nodded.
"Three hours early? I would have quite seriously thrown it out the window... Though it would probably yell." She laughed a little.
"Twin computers? I never knew... I mean, there's duplicates of computers, right? That's kind of strange." Lyca said,thinking. "I'm sure twin computers could be annoying, the way you describe them."

</3 Xen & Xai <3

"Really?" Xai asked, his eyes widening a little at that.
"Okay." He said, grinning. Xen was still
"Thank you, Priestess." The twins said, at the same time. They both bowed and then left the room.
Xen made a face as they walked down the hallway. "Aw, why do you look so upset, Xen?" Xai asked, stepping in front of his twin and grabbing his hands.
"Nothing." Xen said, meeting his twin's eyes.
"If you say so..." Xai said, releasing his twin and walking into the room.
I'm getting a bad feeling about that Priestess... Xen thought, but didn't say anything to his twin.

After the two put their stuff away, (Including Xai's teddybear) the two walked down the hallway again, on their way outside. There was apparently a ritual that night.

Armageddon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:07 am

Jonsu Willowfern

Jonsu lay in bed that night, her red hair splayed out around her pillow, covers thrown over to one side. She led there for what seemed like forever, before dragging her tired body from the mattress and heading over to her desk to pull out a hair tie. Once her locks were tied up into a high ponytail, she moved downstairs in her favourite pyjamas and headed into the common room, ignoring some other fledglings that hung around the place. She had a free period this morning, so she was planning on snuggling up on the sofa infront of the TV with some good old healthy pop tart magic.

Everybody knew the adult vamps liked the fledglings to eat healthily, but there was always room for a small treat, especially when you didn't feel particularly good either. Fledglings didn't really get sick, unless they were rejecting the change, but Jonsu felt a little funny today. Not ill just.. Funny. Once she'd toasted her pop tarts, she moved back towards the sofa and flopped herself down infront of the television, legs curled up underneath her. She murmered a hello to the other kids who were dotted around the place, before taking a bite of her food and flicking around the channels on the TV.

SilentButterflies
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:31 am

Xai and Xen walked into the common room. Xen spotted a thing of muffins and smiled at his twin.
Xai just smiled back and trotted over to Jonsu. "Hi, my name is Xai - and this is my twin brother Xen." He said, pointing to Xen whom was standing at his side. He held up his hand in a slight wave but other then that said nothing, he turned his iPod on. It began playing Bullet For My Valentine.
"Come on, Xen! Say hi!" Xai said, frowning at his twin.
Xen didn't look up from his iPod, he just mumbled the word, 'hi'.

Armageddon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:06 am

Jonsu Willowfern

Jonsu was just getting herself engrossed in The Sound of Music when two orange haired twins approached her. She studied them quietly for a moment before taking another bite of her poptart and listening to their introductions. Her conclusion had been right, they were new students. She wondered, however, if they were newly marked?
Once the girl had chewed and swallowed, she offered them a smile, uncurling herself from her seat and resting her plate on the small coffee table infront of her. "It's nice to meet you, Xai, Xen." She nodded towards the two, noticing as Xen was obviously rather unhappy about something. After a brief silence she watched him fiddle with his ipod and turned back towards the television. "You look as bad as I feel, Xen," she observed quietly, hoping he wouldn't take that the wrong way. If two of the fledglings were feeling funny, that wasn't a good sign.

SilentButterflies
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Xai tilted his head slightly as Jonsu studied them.
"It's nice to meet you too." Xai said, grinning at her when she smiled.
Xen looked up from his iPod when he felt her watching him. "I'm fine. This is just normal for me." He said, quietly.
"It's true... Xen is always like this." Xai said, his smile fainter. "He has a hard time being around people sometimes... He's kind of shy and stuff." He said, taking Xen's hand.
Xen, for once didn't move his hand away from his twin's and nodded.

Armageddon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Jonsu nodded slightly as the twins explained Xen's quietness. She smiled then, as things became clearer. "I get that," she said quietly, letting her eyes portray her understanding. "Oh, by the way, I'm Jonsu." The girl kind of held up her own hand in a half wave, as Xai had done earlier and then motioned towards the sofa she was sat on. "You guys wanna join me?"

Jonsu hadn't always had many friends, even though she was liked by other fledglings. She tended to keep to herself around others, not particularly wanting to get involved in most conversations that took place, but she knew how hard it was to be new students here. Although the boy's looked comfortable enough, she figured it must be at least a little scary to be starting in a new school, so why not welcome them as best she could?

SilentButterflies
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horseygirl on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Juliet woke up and glared at her alarm clock and turned it off yawning. She hopped out of bed and pawed through her clothes quickly grabing a light blue long-sleeve shirt and jeans going into the bathroom and pulling them on and brushing her hair into a ponytail and finished getting ready and left her room and hurried out the door. She walked into the common room and got herself a bowl of ceral. She looked up at the other fledlings while she ate.
I was your cure, but you were my disease. I was saving you, while you were killing me.

Horseygirl
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Xen nodded again and returned to his iPod.
"Jonsu... I like that name!" Xai said, grinning. "Sure, I'd like to... Xen?" He asked his twin.
Xen nodded and said something in another language - It sounded kind of like Japanese.
"We'll only stay for a little while... High Priestess Laurena said we could look around a bit." Xai said, still smiling. He definatley was more social than his brother.
Xen began scrolling through the songs on his iPod, a little boredly.

Armageddon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:42 am

Jonsu couldn't help but grin as Xai informed her of his liking for her name. In all honesty, she'd never been a huge fan of it, so when someone else liked it, it made her feel that little much better. As the twin asked for his other twin's answer, Jonsu caught the muttered other language and couldn't help but frown ever so slightly. If he didn't wanna be here, why didn't he just say so? With a sigh, she turned back her attention to 'These are a few of my favourite things', which immediately put the small smile back upon her face. Julie Andrews could make anybody feel better at any time, any place. Or she could, Jonsu, anyway.

The girl nodded slightly in response to the Xai, figuring they probably hadn't seen everywhere yet. "Don't let me stop you," she said with a smile. "I'm sure you wanna go explore. I know I did when I first got here," she added with a small giggle and then stopped abruptly as she felt sick again. On any other day, Jonsu would have offered to show the boys around, but she didn't really want to move from the sofa right about now.

SilentButterflies
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Xai gave his twin a little shove, "Don't be so down all the time, Xen." He said, frowning up at his brother.
Xen only shrugged in response to his brother.
"We were told to get the lay of the land, and meet some of the students once they got out of their classes and all, so really this is a good thing I guess. I think it's probably good to get to know the students a little, since Xen will be wandering around the school grounds, and some poor girl would probably get freaked out and when he doesn't respond to anything probably start running for the hills." Xai giggled.
Xen actually cracked a smile, "It would provide amusement, perhaps when I'm off shift I'll sit in a tree and make scary hissing noises at little school girls." He snickered.

Armageddon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Jonsu had to stifle a giggle at the twins, especially when they spoke of Xen frightening away girls. She knew there were a lot of them to frighten away around this place and alot of them which could DO with being frightened away. Still smiling, a little evilly to herself now, she looked at the two again. "Well when you decided to sit in any trees, give me a call." She grinned and relaxed back into the sofa. "I'll bring the popcorn," she offered and flicked off the television as the film got to a boring apart about the nuns.

Jonsu sat there in silence for a moment, contemplating whether she actually felt better or not. Swiftly deciding that she did though, she raised herself from the sofa. "I could show you two around a bit if you'd like. Well, if you'll give me a second to get changed that is." She smiled again as she looked down at her own pyjamas, one eyebrow slightly raised.

SilentButterflies
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Xai was grinning, he was glad his twin was actually showing a sense of humor around others. "We sure will give you a call... Though I don't want to get into any trouble with the High Priestess Laurena... We just got here and all from Japan, so I think it'd be a good thing to start out well behaved."
Xen slid is hands into his pockets and listened to his brother talk, his iPod had died anyways.
Xai smiled, "It's okay, you don't need to... You probably need to get to class anyways." He told Jonsu.

Armageddon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horseygirl on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Juliet played with her necklace as she finished her ceral. "I've got to get to class" she told herself lightly. She started walking to her first class. Her white cat, Lacey walked over to her and mewed softly looked up at her with light blue eyes. She sat infront of her waiting her be picked up. Juliet moved her books to one arm and scooped up her tiny cat wit her otherarm. "Hey there sweety" She smiled at her cat. She stoked Lacey's soft white her on her way to literature.
Last edited by Horseygirl on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horseygirl
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Jaybird nodded, "Sometimes. Just so long as they're not invading my mind," she laughed.
"I've been contemplating having 'time fly' as the saying goes. And yes, he would yell."
"Yes, there are duplicates of computers, but all together twins are a rare thing. They are indeed, quite annoying."
She pulled open a drawer in her desk and pulled out a well worn copy of Romeo and Juliet.
"Okay class," she began, "today I want you to study Romeo and Juliet today and I want an essay written on it by," she paused and remembered the date, Monday, "Wednesday."

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!