Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

How to spot a Faerie

How to spot a Faerie

a part of “How to spot a Faerie”, a fictional universe by Layla.

Run from Shapeshifters, Vampires and humans with lethal weapons whilst searching for five Elementals; convince the Dark King to give up his throne and search for the Faerie Queen? Easier said than done.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “How to spot a Faerie”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

How to spot a Faerie

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Don't Look"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Last edited by Layla on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Faeries on Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madnesschihuahua on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Might I reserve the Water Elemental? If it doesn't work out, I'm open to making a Spring Faerie under direction if the King.
Last edited by madnesschihuahua on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

madnesschihuahua
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Faeries on Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:09 pm

Finally I proper Fae RP Okay. May I have a Summer Fae please? And Prehaps a Winter Fae.
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Don't Look

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Reserved :)

Madness, I've reserved the Water Elemental for you - unless you'd rather have the King's Spring Fey?

Malice, I've reserved the Sumer Fey for you. Should there be no one else to take the Winter Fey, you may have it.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: How to spot a Faerie

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unwritten~ on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 pm

May I reserve a member of IPAF? I sort of have an idea brewing for a character.
The Were Female, perhaps?

I figured she'd be new. Young and reckless, given her species and all, plus typical age. :P I was thinking she'd be the stereotypical Werewolf, but I'm not exactly sure, yet. Might change it around. Anyway! Sound okay? :D

Unwritten~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Reserving the Earth elemental please, for 48 hours if possible as I might not be able to post it tonight. .

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:55 pm

The Earth Elemental has already been reserved for you, Syphy x3

48 hours is the time given for reservations but this can be negotiated for I am a generous pie.

I'll reserve the female Were for you, Unwritten :D Can't wait to see her! She sounds like a bundle of trouble and fun.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 pm

I'd like to reserve the Air Elementalist, please, thanks. I'll try to get up the application ASAP.
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Reserved, Tania :)

@Elementalists
We currently have one Vampire. If the others could be different, that would be fantastic~

Edit: Malice, I'll accept Tiggy once you're done with her. I love the image you've used for her; it's very Summer Fey and tribal x3

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Hello everyone, I'm coricidinForte, the co-GM. You may call me by my screen name, you may also call me by the following names ; Cori, Gabe, The Ruler of All Things Cereal and Evil. A few (understatement) of you know me from other roleplays, it'll be nice roleplaying with you all here as well.
I'll be taking over when Layla is gone and generally be making sure the roleplay runs smoothly and continues to be fun for everybody. I'll be taking the character of the Queen's right hand man, a Spring Fey.
Don't hesitate to come to me for questions or suggestions. Image
λ‚  밀어내도 λ‚œ λ‹€μ‹œ λ„€κ²Œλ‘œ λ‹€κ°€κ°€μ„œ

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi, Cori!

Layla, I'm currently writing the application on an iPad, which makes it almost impossible (and very infuriating) to try to add pictures. If you don't mind, I'll just add the pictures when I get to a computer. Just a heads-up for you. Thanks!

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Layla! Cori!
You two strangers both seem like decidingly lovely people. :3 It's great to meet you both ^o^

lmfao jaykay, I can't wait to have another roleplay with you both! :D *passes out Tacos* It will be epicness! <3

I'll start my Winter Fey tonight but she might not be up until after noon tomorrow, depending when I pass out tonight, and when I wake up tomorrow xD

"All around I see raining, things don’t seem to go my way. Got a dark cloud that's hanging and it seems to follow me…"
Boy, won’t you just wake up? Feel the humming this cool world is giving you...Better start running to catch up with your life, catch on up, before the whole thing is through.

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madnesschihuahua on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 am

Alright, I've decided to drop the Elemental reservation and go for the Spring Faerie. One question; Spring Faeries are considered healers... in what ways would or could they inflict pain, other than the obvious, non-magical ways? I intend my character to be a bit... complicated.

Edit: If the answer is essentially none, I may have to reconsider the Spring sort.

madnesschihuahua
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 am

I have some ideas. My character is Spring as well, but as the Queen's right hand he needs to have offensive properties. So after some thought, I come up with these things;

Perhaps the majority of Spring Faeries have only supportive, healing qualities, but as they grow stronger they can become well, quite deadly.

' They are capable of making flowers blossom beneath their feet simply by walking. ' This gives me the feeling they would be able to control plan life, as long as they were strong enough. I can imagine how deadly vines themselves could be. I am no DC buff, but I have the feeling Poison Ivy's abilities are not to be scoffed at. So, they may be able to reach a similar level of power as that particular villain.

'typically empathetic by nature and/or by power and as such, can sense one's emotions' This is less of an offensive ability and more of an asset. If you can determine how an opponent feels you can use it to an advantage. Just something to keep in mind, even Spring Faeries that don't carry offensive power have the potential to be emotional terrorists, of sorts.

'Some stronger Spring Fey can even manipulate your emotions.' Yikes. This one is simply put, scary. An otherwise confident enemy crippled to feeling fear? Or perhaps, adoration for who they are opposing? Stop the bus. This also connects to the 'emotional terrorist' sort of thing.

'transfer power and life-force from one to another' Drain the life-force from one to another? They aren't so nice now. They continue to grow stronger as the leech onto your very life force? I would not want to pick a fight with them, no sir.

'Although all Fey can speak with animals, Spring Fey are particularly good at that and can easily control any animal and sometimes, even Weres.'

'easily control any animal and sometimes, even Weres.'

'even Weres.'

Truly terrifying. A Faerie that can control a vicious beat like a werewolf? Sure, this ability would be limited for the most powerful of fey, but wow. I wouldn't want an out of control beast after me, and it'd be even worse if someone was controlling that beat to come after me.

I suppose the other creatures are lucky that Spring Faeries tend to be pacifists!
Anyways, everything needs to be cleared with Layla, but I hope that was helpful.

Also. Hello Tania! And Jen, who is certainly a stranger, gosh, I never met her before in my life. Can't wait to see everyone's characters!

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:20 am

Well, I've submitted Elena, but she's not finished yet.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 am

Cori's also Coding-guy-extraordinaire.

I should probably introduce myself as well O:

Hello, everyone! I'm Layla, as you all know. But please, call me Queen of all that is great, Queen Layla, your majesty or milady :D No, I'm not egotistical in the least. Just kidding! No, not really. I'm looking forward to working with all of you and I'm always up for suggestions. I hope we'll be able to work together to make this RP epic :3

We're all in this together! Blablabla I don't remember the lyrics.

Do feel free to message me if you need any help at all (\o.o/)

Welcome, once again, Jen! It's a pleasure to have you on board.

Yes, Cori's absolutely correct. Spring Fey are not meant just for defence.The most powerful of Spring Feys - Cori's character is an example of that; he will be one of the most powerful Fey creatures of all - can often be more aggressive than even Winter or Autumn Feys. But remember, you can always think of other powers related to their season and even one that isn't. But I don't want too many super-powerful Fey since that would ruin the fun since they'd be all invincible.

@Chihuahua
If you take the Spring Fey, he'll have to be male to balance things out cause so far we're having a lot of females O: Are you okay with that?

@People with Work-in-progress characters
Take your time and it's fine if you are unable to complete them in one go :) I will approve them once they're complete.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madnesschihuahua on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:00 am

@Layla: Well... I have yet to successfully roleplay a male character, a fault of mine. However, to be fair, most of the time that's because of a failure to maintain the rp. Anyways, I'd imagined the char as female, but if it really is necessary I can change up the character sheet for a male role. Might as well try something new?

madnesschihuahua
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:09 am

Layla, Cori, I'm still working on the application and I have a question. What exactly do you mean by powers and abilities? Physically, or supernaturally? Some form of an example would be very much welcome. Thanks!

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 am

Powers = Magical
Abilities = Physical

Good question :)

Chihuahua, male characters are actually really fun to play xD My NPCs tend to always be guys because they're so different from what I'm used to and all... Male and schtuff. So would you like me to take your Water Elemental reservation out and change it for Spring? :)

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 am

Thanks, Layla.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!