Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Imaginary

Imaginary

a part of “Imaginary”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

Six children once made up a magical world, and magical creature friends. Ten years have passed, and now that world wants them back.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Imaginary”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Imaginary

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:48 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Imaginary"

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays / Hope you are enjoying your day of eating unhealthy food and opening gifts.

I'm VitaminHeart, and you are on the Imaginary OOC topic.

If you're interested in this little corner of the RPverse, please post and say hi!

First of all though, I want to hold a vote to folks interested in the topics, as to how to handle the thing regarding Imaginaries. There are two options:

-RPers play a human and their imaginary.

-RPers play a human, and the imaginary of another person's OC.

I kinda want to avoid some people playing humans and some imaginaries, as that would make for.... 12 roles at max capacity, and if anyone left it would mess things up for the other person, as such twelve seems like asking rather a lot, while six might get us somewhere without dropouts.

On that note please, try not to just disappear here..
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Imaginary

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinn on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi :D Merry Christmas ¬

I think that it would be easier to have RPers play as both their human and imaginary, since the imaginary is so closely connected to the characters. They would be more believable if they were both written by the same person.

I'd still be interested if you went with the other option though. :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vinn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Merry Christmas. I'd like boy 1.

I rather think that it'd be better if there were different roleplayers for the humans and the imaginaries. It could help flesh out their relationship, but it's your choice.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Reserved for ya.

I am kinda torn to be honest. Having people play their own would be simpler, but having people play each others could be quite interesting a you could flesh out this whole hate/obsession thing.

Oh, also with the Six, it'd be great if e had a diverse assortment of characters to work from.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweetiebelle on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Hello! Merry Christmas!

I'd love to reserve female 2 is that's okay :)

I like the second option, it provides a new aspect for the story and has many paths to follow, eschewing boredness and other such things.
Say that you love me,
even if it's not true
And say that this storm,
is just passing through.

And baby, tell me you're not leaving
That it's just the rainy season

Sweetiebelle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Reserved!

I got another vote for a message sent to me, so that makes...

Three for option two,

One for option one,

Me not voting.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Heya, I think I'm interested in this. A male, I'm thinking.

Concerning the selves and their imagenaries...here's my thoughts.

It would be a lot more simple for the same person to play their human and their imaginary, because they could interact in the same post and whatnot, and of course be well connected to each other. And this would lock in a smaller number of players, which is sometimes good.

At the same time, having someone else play a human's imaginary would be pretty interesting too, and would give us all a way to interact with each other. And, if you wanted to, you could make each of us have to have two characters, which still locks in the player count. (which you mentioned).

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Reserved!

Either way I would most likely keep it to six for the big roles. If we go with the second option I think what would work best is if people get their human characters up and then we hand out the responsibilities for creating the imaginaries so we make them for one another, so the cast size is still comparatively small.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Reserve me the final boy role please?

And I like option two as well, I think it would be pretty fun for people to play others imaginaries. Makes people collaborate on ideas and better flesh out their back stories.

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ManicWriter on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:01 pm

May I reserve the last girl, please? :)

ManicWriter
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:07 pm

GO ahead you two.

Hm, and someone else messaged me interested too. Ah, well I only kept it down in cae we struggled to fill it so... if we go over the limit on people in character submissions I will extend the number of slots, and I can always pick up the slack on imaginaries, so everybody go ahead and make your characters and I may end up increasing the number of humans to match what getsubmitted.It's aaaaall goood. =D

It seems like the votes are mostly in favour of option two, so we can go with that.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreammuffin on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:14 pm

May I reserve the last female?

dreammuffin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Snazzy. Alright, so if we're going with option two - how do we figure who plays who's imaginary?

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Go ahead.

Well, if you fine folks put your (humany) characters up, then I'll draft up a roster matching you all up, that's probably the easiest way. =)

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreammuffin on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Ah, I just realized someone else already had the last girl reserved, my bad :3

dreammuffin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dead thing on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Can I take the last male?
Fight your own demons
and I'll fight mine.

dead thing
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dead thing on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Ah wait, I think he's taken.... Well if there is any open slot I'll take it?

dead thing
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm most likely gonna open up more slots as the demand has been huuuge. Just go ahead and submit and I#ll increase the slots based on that.

ALternatively, you can make a character who is a native of Otherworld.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dead thing on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:58 pm

If I were to make a native of the Otherworld, what type of species and what-not is okay and not okay? And should I use the Dreamer or Imagine skeleton?

dead thing
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:04 pm

I'd say pretty much anything would be okay as long as you keep in mind that six-seven year old dreamt up the idea to start off with. Otherworld will have gotten dark so the residents may have been effected by that, but they were originally imagined by the kids.

Their skeleton would be pretty much that of the imaginary, only without the Realm fields, as they won't have realms to govern.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!