Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zukuto on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:17 pm

*This is a closed RP. Zukuto, Zombicide and Mephisto - Designated writers*
(( OOC LINK: infection-into-the-breach-closed-t97652.html ))

Manhattan Island 2066
Enroute to Drop zone
Blackjack ET 27

The City of the Dead; Silent Isle; Z Nation; all names used to describe the once great Island of Manhattan. Once, long ago, this was a loud and busy city full of people going about their daily lives. Cars, buses and trollies honked and drove through over-crowded streets like blood slowly pumping through the cities clogged arteries. Streets were packed end to end with raucous sounds of people coming and going, of construction workers repairing and building and the dull roar of millions of people talking and shouting, fighting to be heard over the cacophony of other sounds that the metropolis contained. A monument to humanity's achievements laid bare for everyone to see packed into a small island in New York. Bright signs advertised plays, drinks, food, movies, women, anything your heart desired could be seen in bright lights somewhere on this island. People had access to anything and everything they could possibly want and yet it still didn't seem like enough. Until it was all violently taken away.

Four years ago an outbreak of a plague like nothing the world had ever seen swept across the United States, and soon, the world. Minnesotan Scientists were experimenting with ways to make human beings a more adaptable species, experimenting with biological agents and gene splicing when something went horribly wrong. The plague did change people, but into something foul and twisted. The biological agent twisted and mutated living beings into Zombie-like creatures that consumed anyone left unturned. Naturally the world's military forces were called in to eliminate the threat by any means necessary and that's when the real nightmare began. The creatures adapted to the weapons that once brought about their destruction. Napalm resistant husks charged the lines of the military, containing volatile materials in their bodies that detonated with enough explosive force to destroy tanks, towering behemoths soaked up the gunfire of the infantry and vehicles so that the faster, more ravenous Quadra pedal monsters could make a break at getting to the soft flesh of the people located in the cities beyond. The battle raged on for three long years. Billions died and Billions more turned and became part of the legion of the damned. Now, what's left of Humanity is held up in the super city of Homestead, or what used to be known as the Country of Australia, pooling resources, and fighting back as much as possible to reclaim the world that humanity lost.

From within the dark grey clouds a loud roar pierced the silence of Manhattan's coast as a black vessel blasted out of the clouds and down to the dark ocean below. Before hitting the water, the craft reared back and blasted forward once again, skimming just feet above the surface.

"We're ten minutes out from the drop zone. Suit up."

In the dimly lit loading bay a large man stood and stretched. He thumbed the glowing green button on the side panel of a speaker box built into the wall.

"Roger." His voice grated like stones being dragged over cement, the grogginess of sleep still clinging to him. He reached his left hand up and gripped the safety rail, the sudden movements of the ship combined with his exhaustion made for a less than ideal walking situation. He moved quickly over to the far corner where two other men were similarly standing and equipping themselves. He approached a large metal box with a glowing green plate on it. He pressed a hand against the panel, a small beep emitting from the speaker before the case opened revealing a suit of black and yellow armor. The Mark V A.E.G.I.S. armor opened from the spine and allowed for him to step inside before sealing him inside. With a quick eye scan and blink on his HUD his suit ran a diagnostic of all it's systems, a list quickly being populated with text and percentages of the many subsystems of his armor.

"Bishop, Malcom. Designation: Fist, presets loading," the suit chimed as the scan continued.

He stood and walked to far end of the cabin where his weapons were locked in place on a rack. The red lever squeaked a little as the clamps released his MG36, a light machine that was very good at doing its job: mowing down waves of infected. He flicked a switch on the side of his gun and an ammo counter appeared in the top right corner of his HUD, along with a box that would enlarge to encompass his view when needing to use the A.P.R.I.L. sighting. Jamming a new double drum into the underside of his gun he reached back and hit the black button on the barrel, magnetically locking the gun to the flat surface on his back. His M27 was loaded next, stowing several clips of ammo in the numerous compartments along his armor, and then his G18 machine pistol which he clipped into the holster on his right hip. The diagnostic scan finally chimed its completion and gave him green marks all across the board, his modified suit running at 300% normal power. Holding his M27 in his right hand he lifted the other and made a fist. A large silver plate shot from a compartment on his wrist and locked itself to his knuckles. The plate vibrated and hummed with the electrical power that it stored. With a grin Bishop locked the plate back into his wrist and moved to the back of the Blackjack.

"Comms check," he said motioning to the other two men now fully armored as well.
Last edited by Zukuto on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zukuto
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Derek stepped into his designated A.E.G.I.S, a model very similar to the standard combat armor, but with a red-cross on both shoulder plates and both sides of the helmet, but very much set apart in software. The A.L.I.C.E programming in medic-operators also came stored with downloads to be useful in combat lifesaving and medicine.
The armor sealed at the spine, hissing and ending in a light *pop* as it pressurized and the HUD lit up as the AI recognized Derek's bio-signature from scanning his eyes.

"Frost, Derek. Designation: Witch-Doctor, presets loading", said a female-voice.

As diagnostics on the systems started with digital code scrolling down the side of his view, the medic grabbed his MedTool from the adjacent wall. The Kevlar-weave medical bag had a large PDA clipped to the front. Derek flipped it on and went down the list of medical gear stowed in the bag and paused when the list hit "Prototype Nanite-injector".
As far as he knew, no one had yet to use the experimental nanite-tech in the field, and while Derek was excited to use it, obviously he hoped he wouldn't have to. With a shrug, he exited the list on the PDA and slung the straps of the pack over his shoulders, feeling the weight settle as the lower-back of the pack magnetically gripped the spine of his armor, holding it in place.

Next, Derek headed for the weapon-rack, watching as his teammate, Malcom, lovingly known as "Fists" pick up his ugly-ass MG36 and his side-arms before messing with the electric-plates on his gauntlets.
The medic picked up his well-loved, rare and sleek M8A4 PEDW Projected-energy Defense-weapon. modeled after a Sub-machine gun look, the PEDW used clip-sized battery packs, each containing 30-megajoules of energy, which could be released in 1-megajoule automatic or burst fire, devastating to armored and unarmored foes alike. The weapon was capable of burning through even the thickest infected hide, liquefying organs and brain-matter as well as shattering bones from the kinetic force of the magnetic delivery-system. The energy weapon was so rare, the armory-sergeant stressed the importance of saving the energy-clips for recharge, and careful use of the PEDW itself, so it was understandable when Doc gently caressed the gleaming body of the sleek weapon before gently sliding it over his right shoulder where the magnetic plate gripped the weapon well within reach of the medics right hand.

The system-diagnostics finished as Derek fed a fresh clip into his side-arm. a .45 caliber Fenrich Hammer pistol, and slid it into the hard-plastic holster on his right hip and watched the system text slide away on his HUD, showing the system had completed its diagnostics.

"Comms check", Malcom Bishops' gruff voice came on over the in-suit comm-channel.

"Witch-Doctor, loud and clear", Derek responded, glancing through the camera-sights of his alloy-faceplate at his teammates.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zombicide93
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:51 am

The only of the three-man squad to start the mission geared up, Roland Svenson road the whole way over in his AEGIS suit. Being a sort of techno-phile, being encased in technology was actually comfortable and enjoyable. Plus he could rock out to his tunes and get amped up for the drop. Moreover, he had heavily modified his AEGIS suit. Thus, it was very much a comfortable retreat of his own design.

Roland's suit was the most altered out of any other AEGIS user. Most of it wasn't even visible, since he went into the suits interior workings. And of course, it especially looked different on the outside compared to all others of the same make. It did, however, have the same basic shape, especially the helmet. That was actually Sven's favorite part. He did next to nothing to the helmet, since he liked it so much already. Any changes to it mainly on the interior, and to it's computer, in order to customize the HUD, and optimization of the hardware and software itself.

The whole way over, Sven's head bobbed to the metal resonating gloriously inside the facets of the triangular cut helmet visor. His activities remained invisible to his comrades. Anyone outside would hear nothing and see nothing. Just a static combat suit, sitting patiently. To the unknowing soldier, he would appear rather creepy, to say the least. This behavior has actually lead to the accruing of many negative nicknames for Roland. Of course, he had found this out. Since it was obviously so contrary to the truth, it was hilarious to Sven. And so, he didn't bother to try and change things in any way. If anything, he tried to feed the legend. It was fantastic to see people's reactions whenever he'd walk by. at chow, or anywhere else.

"Master," an attractive female voice abruptly replaced the music in his helmet.

"Aw, c'mon, Trish! That's my favorite song." TRISHA was his homemade AI he'd integrated into his suit. It was mainly for fun, but it definitely got the job done.

"Apologies, Master. However, I must inform you, that your squad is nearly prepped and ready to begin the mission."

"Thanks you, Trisha," Roland replied lovingly. "Would you let me finished the song?"

"Of course, sir." TRISHA continued the song from a few seconds before she had stopped it, though on a lower volume setting. And right on time, too.

"Comms check," Bishop's groggy, gravely voice came through clearly in Sven's helmet.

"Witch-doctor, loud and clear."

"Wrench, reporting for duty," Roland answered next. Roland got up stretched comically, and attached his equipment. He then gave his team mates two thumbs up. "Let's do this thing."
Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mephisto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zukuto on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Malcom lifted his arm and pressed a button on his wrist next to a cylindrical groove. A ghostly blue image of Manhattan hovered slightly over his arm, the image rapidly panning away from the city to encompass the shoreline. A small, blinking green airship moved across the water in the image toward a pulsing red beacon at the top of one of the nearby skyscrapers.

"We're close to the drop zone." He began as the others pulled up their own holo images. "The plan is to drop us at the top of the Wilton Conglomerate building on the eastern part of the island. Scans show little activity from any infected in the area but at this time of day, they could just be in hiding in the lower levels of buildings, subways and sewers. Small pockets of shamblers should be our only resistance as we make our way to the mission zone." The holo screen highlighted a red line that stretched through the building and to the ground floor that then arced south down a street and then north to another pulsing red light.

"We've been tasked with extracting civilians that made contact with a patrol earlier this morning. Among them are members of the original patrol squad who foolishly attempted to make the pick up in infected territory. Casualties were high and it's said that only five of the original twenty people survived. From what we know, they're barricaded in the Western National Bank located directly in front of one of the hive entrances: the 8th street Subway exit. Their ammo is low, they have no food or water and communications cut out shortly after we learned their location so it's up to us to see if any are still alive."

Malcom brought up a 3-D overlay of the bank's blueprints. "This is where it gets complicated. The group of survivors locked themselves inside of the Bank's vault to escape pursuing infected. While that may have saved them from their pursuers, they are quickly running out of oxygen. We need to double time it there and blow the door. This will undoubtedly rouse the hive so we'll have a limited window to get them outside and into the dispatched Blackjack before we're overrun."

Malcom switched off his holo. "I'm confident we can do this. We've been in worse situations."

Roland gave his squad mates two thumbs up. "Let's do this thing."

The Blackjack's pilot pinged the coms. "Thirty seconds. Opening the hatch."

The cargo bay door began it's slow opening process. A gust of air rushed into the chamber as the room instantly depressurized. The sound was deafening for only a moment before the suit's sound dampeners kicked in and drowned out all of the unnecessary noise. Malcom leaned over the edge to get a glimpse of the surrounding area. It was amazing that so much decay and overgrowth could occur in just four years without human maintenance. His vision was soon obscured by the rooftop of a building as the craft lurched to a halt ten feet above.

"Pile out!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zukuto
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Derek clenched his right fist as he felt the familiar tremble enter his limbs. Some odd neurological-tick he had developed after surviving the Sundance-massacre back in his time as a corpsman with the marines. He was lucky. Most of the twenty survivors out of the entire company had much worse psychological scars.
He closed his eyes for a moment, thankful for the alloy-plate hiding his face as he pushed the screams of his dying comrades from his mind before the blast from the cargo-bay decompressing shocked him back into reality and the mission at hand.
Derek felt minor embarrassment at missing Malcoms briefing, but shrugged it off, as it was merely a courtesy. They knew why they were here. And his AI had the mission details downloaded to the suits RA
Pile out! Malcom gave the order.

Derek leapt out of the cargo-bay right behind his two team members, the nano-cords beneath the armor-plate of the suit acting as synthetic muscle, absorbing the impact from the ten-foot drop.
As trained, the three Cybertech operatives fanned out, securing the rooftop, Derek taking the right side and moving to the edge of the roof. He carefully leaned over, scanning his view through the MARS sight.
The medic keyed his team-comms by pushing his jaw down onto the pressure plate In his helmet, hearing the electronic click as the channel opened.

"Fist. Wrench. Right flank is clear", he said before taking a knee.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zombicide93
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:01 am

"Left, clear" Roland said over comms. He continued scanning from his position, now in full mission mode. He maintained position until Bishop reached his. Then, Sven and Doc pulled in back on Bishop, ready to rock from either side if anything lied in wait behind the door. Once the door was no longer an issue, the team proceeded inside, heads on swivels.

"TRISHA, switch to DV," Sven said in his helmet as he entered the abyss.

"Switching to dark view mode," her voice confirmed, as his visuals changed on his HUD. He could now see clearly, via the AEGIS suit's advanced night vision tech.

The squad proceeded through the husk of the once majestic building. Nothing stirred. They proceeded down the building, without stopping. They took turns taking point, and sort of amoeba'd their way--as they did on the roof--through the building, navigating the debris and other obstacles. All the while maintaining strict radio silence other than necessary chatter. Anyone witnessing them from outside a suit would have seen silent hulks, carefully working their way down with a relentless purpose. After about 20 minutes, they were on the ground floor.

If tensions were high before, they were now higher than the building they were in. Sven's eyes twitched form side to side. Every little thing that twitched in the breeze, or settled due to physics was a potential cause for alarm. It was like this all the way until they were outside again.

Suddenly, something more than debris, leaves, or vermin made itself known. At the first sound of the shambler, the squad halted in complete unison. They then immediately took up defensive positions behind cover. They were out of sight, ready and waiting. Sven was positioned so that he was the first to get a good view of their enemy. He chinned his comm switch.

"Just a solitary shambler," Sven reported. "Not worth our time."

They watched as the hideous thing, that was once a human being, passed by. It was clearly unaware of their presence. After a few minutes of waiting completely motionless, the squad continued on mission. It felt good to finally move again, as the team fanned out among the chaos that was the many vehicles and rubble that was once an intensely prosperous society.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mephisto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zukuto on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:18 am

Malcom swiftly crossed the street staying low below the cars. He followed the street until the rusting street sign labeled "8th street" came into view. As he looked up, his A.L.I.C.E. targeting system highlighted and magnified the image to confirm this was indeed his designated path.

He approached the corner slowly, opting to walk into a nearby covered bus stop to survey the new location. He crouched low below the gore and grime still clinging to the glass to look through a section of missing sheet metal in the back.

Malcom quickly scanned the area, numerous objects being highlighted and magnified over his H.U.D. He sent the feed to his squad mates who lie in wait nearby. "A few more shamblers in our path. I'd normally recommend moving around them into the street but there lies the bigger problem." As he said this a 3-D layered cross sketch of the street appeared in everyone's vision. "We've got a deep sinkhole dead ahead. Hive's definitely in an advanced state of development in this area. That makes things a bit more complicated. Our safest, most direct route will be to skirt the edge with the shamblers and use the narrow street way still above street level to get to the bank. The cement looks stable enough to support our weight but let's make it fast to be sure. These civilians are running out of time."

"When we arrive at the bank, Witch-Doctor, you have scouting duty. Find us a good LZ for the Blackjack and mark it with your H.U.D. waypoint. make sure it's far enough away from the mouth of the hive to allow us time to load and near enough for them to be able to make it on foot without assistance. Check the roof, see if it would be stable enough to allow for a hot drop. Once you've secured the LZ, check the survivors vitals."

"Wrench, I'll leave you to find a quieter method of opening the vault. Try to reroute what power you can into the consoles to jump start the opening mech. I'll run interference for anything attempting to make it inside. In the event that time runs out or the hive is roused I have with me some charges to blow the vault. Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

Malcom waited for their confirmations before silently motioning to move out. The three bolted from their locations and charged down the sidewalk toward a small pack of shamblers. Malcom quickly dispatched the foremost shamblers with powerful blows with his hands and elbows to their skulls. They continued in this fashion as they neared the precarious ledge. Malcom motioned for the two of them to head across first, bringing up the rear himself. He waited until they got their footing before heading across in his own manner. The ledge hung over a chasm that sunk deep into the earth, the vast nothingness only a crumbling foothold away from devouring them. Bent and twisted street lamps provided a grotesque jungle gym effect on some sections of street that had given away long ago, forcing the group to hand over hand climb to the other side. They approached a collapsed brick wall pinning a car to the street ahead of them, effectively blocking their path. Malcom gave it a once over and noticed the only section of the old New York Cab that hadn't been caved in was the front seat, which hung over nothingness.

"We're going to have to move through the front seat," Malcom said pointing at the rusted door. "One at a time. I'll brace it from this side. The first one through braces the opposite side."

Malcom moved up the the side of the car as the first person prepared to enter. He grabbed the roof and frame of the vehicle and clamped down, his hands warping the metal in his grasp. As his squad mates moved through the old vehicle he could hear and feel the protests the car made in the squealing of metal and the bending of the car's frame. When both had made it through he got the all clear to make his own way. Carefully leaning out over the chasm he swung the door open just a few inches more before muscling his way into the drivers seat. The leather interior had begun molding, a greasy film pooling in the seats and dashboard of the old car. He awkwardly crawled through the center divider and over the shifting knob into the passenger seat before righting himself and pushing the door ever so slightly more ajar. A sharp squeal and a pop rang out as the door gave away and fell off the car. Malcom reacted instantaneously by clamping down on the floor of the car with his left hand and jumping out after the door, catching it in his right before it fell into the abyss. The car groaned and noticeably warped with the sudden shift of weight. Relying on his suit to give him the extra bit of strength, he raised the car door up above his head with his right hand, passing it off to the nearest squad mate before pulling himself up and back onto the ledge.

Malcom gave a sharp sigh of relief. "Too close."

After clearing the ledge they continued on at a faster pace, weaving in and out of rusted cars and buses on their way to the bank. Once they were within a few meters, Malcom signaled for Witch Doctor to begin his reconnaissance of the surrounding area.

"Let's get these people out of here."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zukuto
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:03 am

"Alice. Bring up real-time imagery of the surrounding area.", the medic ordered his AI as he came to a stop behind the rusted mass of what might have been a nice sports-car.

"Of course, Mr. Frost", the femal voice responded, the same time a sattelite image of the bank and the surrounding buildings appeared as well as two blue-dots with an ID-image and names of Malcom and Roland, closer to the front of the bank.

"Alright, Alice. zoom-in on those buildings adjacent to the east side of the bank".

The AI did as instructed, zooming in the satellite imagery to what might have been an office building for the corporate members of the bank, sitting several feet adjacent to the east-wall of the bank. Close enough for Derek to leap across the roof.

"Alice. mark that location and ping it to Malcom and Roland", he said before activating his team comms.

"Malcom. Sending you the marker for a location on the map. Looks like we can use the roof of some office building to cross over". The team medic stated, double checking the map to make sure Alice marked the location.
"I'm going to go scout it out and make sure its a clear shot. Witch-Doctor, out".
With that, Derek Frost gave his PEDW a once-over and set off towards the target building.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He came in low between two rusted cars, his weapon at the ready, scanning all potential threats.
There really wasnt much to see. The higher-level infected didn't tend to come out during the day, and Derek kept careful distance from the shamblers, setting his A.L.I.C.E on Watchman mode to alert him of any motion in his vicinity.
Soon, the medic came upon the location he marked on his map, noting the three-story office building with a large chunk missing out of the central part of the 2nd story, which was probably caused by an explosion from the outside since there was little rubble on the street.
Almost directly below the jagged gap in the 2nd story wall was a bombed out, rusted SUV, which Derek figured he could use to grip the base of the gap in the wall.
He placed his PEDW back on the magnetic holster on his shoulder, and backed up several steps from the SUV.
"Witch-Doctor. Checking back in. About to scout out the access point", he said before releasing the comm-plate.
He gauged the the height for a moment before taking off at a dead-sprint, leaping onto the hood of the vehicle, then the roof before vaulting up, the synthetic muscle of the AEGIS suit giving him several extra feet, allowing him to hook his fingers in the blasted portion of the upper wall and all himself up and over it, and was almost caught unprepared if not for Alice's warning of rapid movement just a few feet to his left.
He reached for his .45 just as a weight rammed into his left side, and his helmet was struck several times in rapid succession., obscuring his vision.
In response, Derek planted his feet and swung his left elbow around as he pulled the big side-arm clear of the holster.
He landed a solid strike, knocking the infected against the wall and brought the pistol to bear, but the creature began wildly swinging again and knocked his sidearm wide as he pulled the trigger, the round blowing a chunk out of the wall beside his intended target.
Derek ducked down a an elongated claw passed over his head. He stepped forward, adjacent to the infected and drove his armored fist into its stomach, the synthetic muscle actually driving his fist through flesh and sinew.
He came back up, and drove his helmet into the twisted, screaming face, dislodging his fist and sending the infected into the wall. As it bounced back towards him, he brought the .45 up and put a round into the creatures face, effectively exploding brain matter and skull-fragments all over the wall and his armor.
Without pausing, Derek spun placing his back against the blasted wall and aiming his Fenrich Hammer into the cubicles in the extensive office space, expecting the blast from the weapon to attract more attention.
After a few breaths, Alice didn't detect anymore movement, but he knew the Shamblers in the street would probably be coming to investigate. He keyed his team Comms, knowing the A.L.I.C.E interface would've flashed his nameplate yellow on the team HUD, showing his vitals elevated as he was under attack.
"Witch-Doctor here. Contact made", He eyed the remains of the infected. Elongated claws and more muscle than a desiccated Shambler would have.
"Looks like a Phase 2 infected. A Raker. Target was engaged and dispatched. Finishing recon, then headed back", he released the plate, holstering his .45 and switching to the PEDW as he found the stairs and made his way to the upper level of the building.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zombicide93
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:10 pm

"Roger," Roland confirmed over comms. While the doc went to scout ahead, Roland stayed below and began quietly filling the area with small devices. He didn't stop until he'd made a good spreading arc around the bank. After placing and arming each device, he hit a switch to add their broadcasts to his HUD. "TRISHA. be a dear and send the new info. to our friends."

"Certainly, sir."

Roland keyed his comms. "Fist, Doc," Roland began. I'm sending you both updated information of the street level. If anything comes anywhere near here, we'll know first. I've set up some beacons to give us a heads up if things go south." He gave a quick look around and returned to Malcolm and the bank. "Also, they double as remote mines," he added with a slight glee in his voice.

As he returned, he noticed Doc's marker go yellow, followed shortly by some gunfire. Roland furrowed his brow, then keyed his comms. "Doc, you alright in there?" Not long after came Doc's all clear. "Stage 2's..." he said to himself. "Well that's no good. This was going to be a walk in the park. Let's hope it doesn't escalate further. TRISH! Be ready," Roland then keyed his comms back on. "Roger, With-doctor. We'll keep an eye out down here. Fist, let's find some cover."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mephisto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zukuto on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:34 pm

"Head inside and see what you can do with the door, Wrench," Malcom said eyeing the shamblers that had noticed the gun fire. "I'm going to round these things up before they head to the extraction point. Witch-Doctor, do a sweep of the building for any more Stage 2s or shamblers. I want it clean before we start moving civilians inside. Suppressors or hand to hand preferred."

Malcom broke off and lightly jogged into the street. He jogged in a wide loop around the group of shamblers, exaggerating his motions to draw attention to himself. As he orbited the shamblers he tightened his circle, herding them all close enough together to quickly engage them in melee. He abruptly shifted his weight from the light jog to a shoulder charge through the first shambler, doubling it over and splaying out on the ground, tripping a few others. He launched a barrage of fast, powerful punched that crushed bone and left craters in facial tissue. With a slight spin he extended his right arm and back-fisted the last one standing with a sharp crack. It's jaw sloughed off as if made of gelatin, its teeth and lower jawline clattering to the ground. Malcom delivered a couple stomps to the crawling shamblers at his feet, popping skeleton and brain tissue beneath his feet like gore filled water balloons.

Malcom pinged his mic. "Come in, ET 27."

"ET 27 reads you, Fist," came the immediate reply.

"Stand by for Evac. LZ marked by Witch-Doctor's waypoint. Confirm."

A slight pause and then: "I'm reading his marker. I'm approximately twenty-five seconds out over the bay. Just say when."

Malcom scraped the gore off of his armored boot before heading back to the bank. He did a quick sweep of the lobby and posted up near the destroyed wall on the lobby's northern side. He glanced at his mini-map for Roland's location before pinging his mic again. "What are we looking at Wrench? I'd say they only have about a minute or two before the oxygen is gone."

"Keep me posted," He added. "If we need to blow it, we have to do it quickly."

Malcom took to the stairs, two at a time, to check the upper floor. He walked out to the large blasted out window overlooking the street and kept watch on the surrounding area while Roland worked.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zukuto
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:17 pm

"Head inside and see what you can do with the door, Wrench," Malcolm said eyeing the shamblers that had noticed the gun fire. "I'm going to round these things up before they head to the extraction point. Witch-Doctor, do a sweep of the building for any more Stage 2s or shamblers. I want it clean before we start moving civilians inside. Suppressors or hand to hand preferred."

"Roger that," Wrench said over comms. He stored his shotgun and proceeded into the bank behind them. TRISHA immediately put the suit back in DV with a seamless transition from the daylight of the outside world, into the gloom of the powerless bank building. "Thanks, Trish," Roland muttered. "Scan the tech for me," he said as he approached the vault. TRISHA began scanning the building around him, and began showing the data in a schematic type reading on his HUD. Everything was green-on-black wire frames. It allowed the viewer to see all the intricacies of the inner workings.

"So you're all in there," Roland muttered to himself. "Hmmm..." he shifted his focus to the reading from the scan that had just completed. After a few moments he saw it. "Ah hah! That'll do just fine." He then got to work as fast as possible. He bashed open a panel a short distance from the vault. He then plugged his suit in directly.

"What are we looking at Wrench?" Bishop came in over the comms. "I'd say they only have about a minute or two before the oxygen is gone."

"Understood. All green on my end."

"Keep me posted," He added. "If we need to blow it, we have to do it quickly."

Roland continued working for a few moments. "Yeah," he muttered in his suit. "This'll definitely do the tirck... except- TRISHA."

"You called?"

"What's the power reading for Fist's AEGIS."

"It's still overcharged, sir. Minimal power loss since mission start."

"Excellent." He then keyed the comms again. "Actually, Fist, I need you hear. Get over here and we can use your suits power stores to open the door. If I do it I'll be powerless, but you're still over 200%."

While he waited, he used a bit of his suit to contact the people inside of the emergency comm system. He let them know he and his team were about to save their asses, so not to die on them just yet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mephisto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zukuto on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:21 am

Malcom checked his suits power and pinged his mic. "I'm heading down."

He hurried down the stairs and around the corner to meet Roland at the vault door as he finished his reassurances to the people inside. Roland had exhumed the wiring from behind the smashed panel and gave Malcom some room. Making a fist with his right hand the familiar smooth metal panel shot into place and began to hum violently.

"ALICE," Malcom said holding Roland off for a moment, "decrease power output to 50%, shut down the power to the gauntlet." An audible blip from his screen signified that the suits power was being throttled and the humming ceased. "Go for it."

Once the wires were connected to their proper sections - several to the plate itself, some to the battery reserve pack on his right shoulder, and a few still to the panel that house the manual controls - Malcom nodded to Roland to give him the go ahead once he'd prepared his gear for the power surge. "This wasn't designed to limit power output so when it comes on, you're getting all 500 milliamps. I hope you've effectively grounded yourself." Roland new better than most the lethality these plates contained, having helped create the housing for the plates on his wrist. Being so far over the 100-200 mA lethal range to a normal human meant that any infected caught by a hit burst into flame.

Roland nodded once, took a step back and jacked himself into the terminal with his gear. Malcom opened the manual override on his wrist pad and thumbed the red button. Sparks erupted from the plate, his suits HUD jumbling and flickering with the sudden power surge, and an explosion tossed the two armored men away from the vault door and into the nearby cement wall. Malcom 's suit went into offline mode for a few seconds before rebooting itself and allowing him to run a diagnostic. He'd drained 43% of his power but his suit hadn't suffered any serious damage. Roland slowly stood beside him and surveyed the door. A loud clank and a sharp hiss echoed through the bank as the door slowly opened. Roland pumped his fist in victory, gathering his things and prepared to evacuate the people inside.

Malcom's HUD flickered momentarily as he made his way to the opening door when a red alert box appeared in the right corner of his screen. The perimeter detectors had picked up motion from the Hive.

Malcom charged the slowly opening door and wedged himself in between the gap, pushing as hard as his synth musculature would allow. "Witch-Doctor, perimeter is breached! Get down to the vault ASAP!" The door groaned under the added stress of Roland grabbing the door and hauling back as hard as he could. Once the door had opened large enough for them to enter Malcom jumped inside, his suit adjusting instantaneously to the darkness. The people were in bad shape, most lying on the floor or propped up against the wall. One, he noticed, had a leg bent at an irregular angle. As they realized their imprisonment was over, a few stood and staggered to their armored saviors, one lingering by the handicapped woman. He pinged the vox command on his suit to allow his voice to be broadcast to the outside and to the waiting Blackjack.

"Everyone, if you can stand, get out of the vault and make your way to the staircase! You will follow the soldier at the top designated Witch-Doctor to the adjacent building where we will have you extracted! Roland! Grab her and make your way up with them! I'll hold off the horde until you're all clear!" He pointed at the wounded woman and jumped back out into the hallway. "GO!"

Malcom disengaged the magnetic lock on his MG36 and flipped the switch to full auto. As he ran to the foyer, he could already begin to hear the shrieks and moans of the hive making their way to street level. Reaching down with his left hand he gripped the charges he was going to use on the vault and hurled them at the subway exit. As they disappeared over the crest of the staircase, he flipped open another section of his wrist-pad and held a finger over the green button. ALICE, taking the queue from his eye movements, switched his view to a short range X-Ray and heat vision overlay. The green/blue det packs tumbled down the void and came to a rest at the center of the staircase. What seemed like an eternity passed before a sea of Red/yellow images swarmed the staircase. He punched the button. A dull thump and the sound of cement shattering burst forth from the chasm, quickly followed by a shock wave collapsing in on itself to seal the exit with the debris. Malcom dropped the activator and made a mental note to thank command for the new implosion charges as he readied his weapon and glanced over his shoulder at the fleeing civilians.

"I bought us a short window! Get them upstairs! ET 27, clock's ticking!" The sound of automatic fire drowned out all other noise as the swarm crested the main chasm.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zukuto
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Roland recovered from the backfiring of his plan and immediately shook it off and started helping the captives who were all happily gasping for fresh air. He hadn't planned for that, but he knew he could make it so next time they ever had to do something like this again, it'd be flawless. He'd have to worry about that later, however. Right now, a woman with a horrifically mangled leg needed his help.

"Don't you worry, miss," he said through his outer vox. "Wrench has just the tool for the job." He turned his back and took a knee all in a fluid motion. He then used his arms to help her onto his back. He slowly stood up, steadying her with his arms. "Alright, put your legs here... and here... and" he closed vox comm and addressed his suit. "TRISHA, engage rear harness." A moment after securing the woman on his back, straps embraced her legs and torso securely onto his back. "Alrighty, miss," he said allowed once more. "Hold on tight. Everyone, follow me as fast as you can. We're taking you home!" He then began his sprint for the Black Jack. "Doc, we're on our way to you, one female, severe leg injury."

Roland bolted out of the s bank, and up into where Witch Doctor had gone previously. He was closing the distance in good time, according to his HUD. He took the stairs two at a time. Once he reached the top, he bolted past Doc, and onto the roof. The Black jack was just arriving. Roland stopped for nothing, and sprinted until he could give a powerful leap into the bay of the craft. Once inside, a crewman assisted with the injured woman. Roland then began pulling in each passenger as fast as they came.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mephisto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:39 am

[/b]Witch-Doctor, do a sweep of the building for any more Stage 2s or shamblers. I want it clean before we start moving civilians inside. Suppressors or hand to hand preferred."

"Roger that.", Derek responded. The PEDW didn't use gunpowder, and the magnetic propulsion system was about as quiet as a suppressed rifle. He would just have to use the Fenrich Hammer as a last resort.

"Mr. Frost. Motion detected". Derek felt his heart sink into his stomach, but reflex caused him to crouch against a cubicle, readying his PEDW and having Alice switch to Darkvision.

There, coming down the hall of cubicles was a trio of Rakers. Which made sense, because they hunt in quads, and these three had probably heard him splatter the brains of their mate on the wall.
Probably for the hundredth time since he had begun his work with Cybertech, Derek thanked the state of the art tech. He didn't want to know what wouldve happened if these silent hunters had caught him with no AEGIS suit in the dark.

Derek waited a few more heartbeats, letting the trio stalk in a bit further into a tighter killzone before he side-stepped into their path, about 10 yards from the leading Raker and in one smooth motion, lifted the PEDW and sighted its head and pulled the trigger.
Cyan energy arced through the air, propelled by a magnetic rail way and ripped into the skull of the lead Raker, its head exploding in a shower of cauterized gore.
The other two charged. Doc responded by sweeping the weapon left to right, using controlled bursts and dropping the mutated corpses with both his training and target assist from the AEGIS.
The medic stood still for a moment watching the radar and the charred bodies for a moment before his comm-channel clicked.
[b] Doc, we're on our way to you, one female, severe leg injury."

"Affirmative. multiple infected KIA", he responded, checking his radar and noticing Roland's beacon approaching swiftly.
Soon after, the team engineer sprinted by, carrying a woman with a relatively rough-looking broken leg. Doc turned to follow, but caught himself as he noticed Malcom was not with Roland, nor on the radar.
"Roland, the Blackjack will have a flight-medic. Have him assess the patient. I'm going to provide support for Mal and escort the other survivors. If you have any more injuries to report, separate the injured based on the most serious so I can preform effective triage when we exfil from the site", Derek said before releasing the comm-plate and taking off down the office hall.
He passed a few more civilians making their way to extraction and made sure they went the right way.
Derek made it into another space filled with cubicles, when the hair on his neck went up.
Something wasn't right. He brought the PEDW back into "ready" position and went into a crouch as he skulked forward.
Derek's motion sensor beeped as it caught something. He stopped, not sure where the tracker had caught the movement.
Alice barely had ping an alert at Dereks flank. He turned already pulling the trigger on the PEDW and spewing cyan fire as a large-shape rammed into him with the force of a bullet-train and lifting him off the ground at a dead-sprint. There was an impact, and it took Derek a moment to realize he had not only been slammed into a wall, he was in the wall, and his PEDW was still in his left hand, but it was pulled out to the side by a clawed hand significantly bigger than the medics gauntlet.
A snarling face erupted from the cloud of dust stirred up by the broken wall, head-butting Derek's face-plate and snapping his head back with enough force, he was fairly certain he had received a minor concussion.
The medic released his grip on the energy-weapon and reached for the .45 strapped to his leg, but as he grabbed it, the infected smashed the PEDW's stock across Derek's helmet before lifting him from the wall and slamming him onto the carpeted floor with enough force that his AEGIS armor broke the surface beneath the carpet.
Dazed, Derek reached down for the gun with his right hand this time, not-realizing he was laying on the holster. Instead, he found the K-bar in the tac-sheathe on his lower back and pulled the 9-inch blade free. The monster slammed a massive fist down onto the rib-plating of the AEGIS armor and actually managed to push the plating into Derek's side, breaking atleast one of his ribs.
Pulled from his daze by the blazing pain, the medic jammed the blade into the creatures bone-armored thigh and was greeted by another fist across helmet. This one actually knocked his visual sensors loose for a second, giving a brief bit of static across his HUD. He fumbled around his back for the comm-equipment and flipped the emergency-beacon attached to the system, which would be an "OH SHIT" message for his team and the Blackjack crew.
Derek felt the damaged plating being torn from his side and heard the breach-alarm blaring in his helmet. He punched with his right gauntlet, catching the infected in the face and knocking it back.
The medic coughed blood into his visor and rolled over just enough to grip the .45 and rip it free of the holster. However, he wasn't aware of the narrow pipe the Phase-3 pulled from the broken wall. and has he brought the weapon to bare on the larger-infected, it lunged down at him and drove the jagged end of the broken pipe through the weaker kevlar that sat beneath the plating and straight into his chest cavity.
He pulled the trigger as many times as he could, emptying the entire .45 caliber clip into the bony-natural plating of the phase-3's face, even after it had gone still on the floor next to him, and pulled it twice more before realizing it was empty and letting it slip from his fingers, and turning his attention to the 6 inches of pipe protruding from his side.
Derek felt the blood filing his lungs and his breathing become more difficult. He knew he didn't have alot of time.
"Al...Alice. Administer....anesthetics", he commanded his AI between watery-breaths and felt the sting of the micro-needles beneath his jaw.
The pain immediately dulled, but his breathing was still getting worse. He keyed in the distress code to his already activated emergency beacon on his suits PDA wrist pad, turning it into a "Critical life-threatening emergency message", then slowly slid out of his medical pack with the intent of retrieving the nanites and two items he would need to establish an airway on himself, but blood and air loss made him weak and darkness began to envelope his vision.
He pulled the nanite injector from the bag just before losing consciousness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Zombicide93
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Infection: Into the Breach (closed) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:29 pm

Roland was on the Black Hawk, awaiting his comrades arrival, as he quickly pulled up civilians into the airship's bay. He was anxious. Something was up. Doc should have been here by now, and of course Mal would follow soon enough. Something must have gone wrong with at least one of them. Suddenly, Roland registered Doc's distress beacon. He was definitely in trouble. "Shit," he sighed in his helmet. He then keyed his vox. "Keep hauling them in, and sort them from worst injured to least, and begin administering triage. I'm going to retrieve the Doc. Don't you dare bail on us!"

Sven was on the ground and booking it before the crewmen could reply. He went back down into the hell hole, his eyes darting everywhere, looking for any baddies out there. Nothing yet, but he was registering movement as he got closer to the beacon, which had gone in to high alert mode shorty before Doc lost consciousness. At least, from what Roland could tell. Doc's vitals went from overstimulated to very low, and he was not responding to comms no matter how many times he tried. Note even static anymore. He keyed comms one last time. "Fist, I'm giving you detonation permissions for the motion detector mines. Once you're clear, blow 'em. It can give you a head start you will most likely need. Use them in whatever way you need. Shit's gone FUBAR. Let's just get the fuck out of this place."

Just outside the room where Doc must lie, Sven holstered his sidearm on his thigh, and reached for the AA-12 on his back. "TRISHA, disengage dorsal maglock." The weapon's weight fell free into his hand, and he brought it to bear. He slowly walked toward the commotion. As he peered in, Roland saw an AEGIS suit being battered and ravaged by a very large humanoid. After a brief moment of fear at the sight of the creature, he noticed the state Doc was in, and he unloaded almost the entire barrel of slugs into the beast without stopping. The creature was staggered off of the battered AEGIS suit. Roland didn't let up and continued fire until the thing was down for good. He even held the trigger a few more seconds for good measure.

He replaced the shot gun back on his back, and turned back to his fallen comrade. He was in dire straights. Normally he wouldn't want to risk moving, him. However, in this situation, that was serving the man up on an AEGIS platter. Sven quickly went to the man's side. Doc's helmet was in shambles on the ground, and his bloodied, concussed head was exposed. He keyed comms." Fist," his voice ws also heard from Doc's suit. It almost made Sven jump hearing his voice like that so close to him. "The Doc's in really bad shape. I'm going to what I can and get him on the ship. Hope your end isn't as shitty as it is here."

Roland grabbed Doc's helmet, and reattached it into place. Sven then pulled a retractable cable from a part of his modified suit and plugged it into a standard port on Doc's suit. "TRISH, run a scan." A few moment later, the AI chimed that the scan was completed. "Aaaah, I see." Roland inspected the suits readings. "Well, that's at least good news. It looks useless, but it's still more-or-less operational." Sven breathed a sigh of relief and got to work. He made opened a key pad on his left fore arm and began entering commands with his right hand. A few clicks and hisses from the Doc's suit and Sven closed his keypad and detached the cable. "I'll have to some work when we get home, but the suit will do what it needs to for now, which is keep you safe and alive."

Sven now was carrying the Doc on his back like he had the woman earlier. Although, even with the AEGIS muscle suit, this time it was quite a bit more difficult. Roland keyed comms. "Wrench here. I've stabilized and retrieved With-Doctor. En route to drop ship. Over."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mephisto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver


Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!

 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest