Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

RP info: sorting timeline, summary

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

RP info: sorting timeline, summary

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:57 am

Okay, I've just read everything- almost everything. Pretty much all that is in Colonies Home down to the South American Nation- that's pretty much all of it, lol.

I'm confused as to what has actually happened. When I read so much at once the timeline gets fuzzy too. If anyone would summarize who is who and what attacks have taken place it would help me sort this all out. You summarize and I'll ask any questions I might have based off of that.

But I do have a few q's already:

I know Earth was attacked- NY harbour, right? Was that the first attack?
And what was the attack in the forest about? What forest was it? And who was attacking for who? And in the african desert- what was that about? My timeline is so messed up...

Help me? I'm trying to work out a character for myself and I have some ideas but I need to know what's going on exactly.

Feel free to generalize if you summarize, I don't need too many specifics. After all, I did read it, lol. I just need to sort it. Sorry if my questions are stupid, I just came in a little late in the game. :oops:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:22 am

Colonies > Earth.

Solved.

I'm so good at this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:34 am

If you're looking for an actual timeline of events, you can check out the calendar that the newsteams are updating.

However, we've been pretty lax in doing that. oo;

General Summary:

With the Election of Milliardo Peacecraft as unequivical ruler of Earth, and his declaration of war on the Colonies, the colonies themselves, led by SinfulSoul, launch several preemptive strikes on the Earth, damaging critical bases such as New York Harbor with the lone Mercurius, and the destruction of a Texas munitions depot with a truck bomb.

People on Earth haven't been helping much, there was an attempted assassination on Milliardo that seems to have sent him into hiding.

Don't consider Earth helpless though, for the once-neutral MO-V colony cluster lost its Prime capital colony in a mysterious explosion.

Everything else doesn't go onto the news reel, but if your character is standard, then they won't know about all the skirmishes that go on around the Earthsphere.

So three main things to remember:

Mercurius destroys New York Harbor
Leaders: Milliardo (in hiding) and Sinful (stratrocratic dictator)
MO-V Prime is destroyed under mysterious circumstances

Hope this helped.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:27 am

Colonies =ing Earth. They're slowly starting to get back on their feet.

The events in the forest. Aarkon, a terrorist on L2, blew up a resteraunt. Kaden (The Southern Wind) and Zhelir (me) met up with him and there was a confrontation. He lost 250k in credits for taxes, and was arrested. He broke out, and fled to Earth. A group of Taurii chased after him, eventualy joined by Zhelir. When the suit punched through the atmosphere, the Taurii pulled back but Zhelir followed after him.

The suit crash landed in a lake in the Canadian Wilderness. There was no specific part of Canada defined, just somewhere out in the forest. Zhelir hit the ground about 20 miles from him, though sustaining little damage, as he'd slowed down in his descent, and Shadow (Aarkon's mobile suit) hadn't.

Pink Shadow recovered the suit and Warrius took Aarkon to a hidden Canadian base. About the same time, the initial Taurii that'd been chasing Aarkon had been loaded into drop shuttles and dropped near Zhelir's position. The squad (9 Taurii, 1 Mercurius) chased the truck down, where the suit was remotely detonated. Warrius gave Aarkon a Leo to use and the two of them, accompanied by something like 40 Leos and 4 Aries, came to the explosion. Kaden soon joined the battle with his own squad of nine Taurii, and soon followed Sinful wit his own 9 Taurii, as well. So it became 30 vs aprox 46. Quick recap on suits.

Colonies: 27 Taurus (NPC)
1 Serpant (Sinful)
1 Modified Leo (Kaden)
1 Mercurius (Zhelir)

North America: 40 Leo (NPC)
4 Aries (NPC)
2 Leos (Warrius, Aarkon)

Alright. So S a big battle followed, and being Taurii (plural of Taurus, for those of you wondering. I think) are far more advanced than Leos, the battle tipped in the Colonies' favor greatly. then Warrius orded in a shitload more suits, and Aarkon's Leo was destroyed by Kaden. Aarkon managed to take another Leo from a downed pilot, and used it to ask everyone to stop fighting. Zhelir rushed out to complete his initial objective of capturing Aarkon. The both of them were loaded into a drop shuttle, and soon the rest of the colonial forces withdrew. Colonies withdrew, but Earth took a massive beating. So, I'd call it a draw.

And thems the woods for ya.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:05 pm

It's not my character that wants to know what's going on, lol, it's me.

Thanks for the general summary. Though the forest recap really helped sort things out. I think I was having trouble figuring out who was aligned with whom. I'm know I'll end up making a list for myself to keep it all straight. :?
Thanks you guys. ^_^

I have issues with ignoring the "why" behind some of the actions that have taken place, but I'm forcing myself to understand that they did 'just because', and I don't need to know why. Some of ya'lls characters already have a history that I don't know about, but can glimpse through some of your posts already. It's all one big surprise. ^^b

** and why did someone try to assasinate Milliardo with an anti-material rifle? 0_o

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heero_gundam101 on Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:47 pm

Because it sounds like a powerful weapon and we all know powerful weapons kill in one hit and there is no dodging them!!!!

and if you didn't know! that was sarcasm.

Yes, Thanks for the timeline. I've been trying to figure out how to insert my crazy self into the timeline and its proving hard for me to find a good place.

Maybe this will help me

Heero_gundam101
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversationalist Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:27 pm

The whys are simple enough, for the colonies.

Our attack on NYH was to both determine how combat effective both Zhelir and the Mercurius were, and needless to say, that was a success.

The forest attack, as I stated, was to chase down a terrorist. It was originally a seek-and-recover operation that got ambushed, hence leading to the larger fight.

EDIT: Lmfao, my bad. Thought they were the same thing.
Last edited by Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:30 pm

lol, Zach used an anti-material rifle, not an anti-matter one. This was used to make sure the bullet would penetrate the window in case it was bulletproofed (which in this case, it wasn't.)

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:57 pm

Zach_Rendar wrote:lol, Zach used an anti-material rifle, not an anti-matter one. This was used to make sure the bullet would penetrate the window in case it was bulletproofed (which in this case, it wasn't.)

Aha. Now it makes sense- sort of. I thought it was a public building but who cares anyway. Ya'll missed, lol. Bad shots, the lot of ye. ^_~

I'm afraid to join in at this point. I tend to disappear for weeks at a time and I don't think that's fair to others in the RP. :?

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:30 am

As for Wind/Kaden, he stepped down as Leader of L5, though it was only announced in random places in L5, due to the virus. Wind is now currently on earth aboard the battle ship Pegasus, headed to the island of Mustique.

So yeah, you oughta' have it down now.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:50 pm

Melika wrote:
Zach_Rendar wrote:I'm afraid to join in at this point. I tend to disappear for weeks at a time and I don't think that's fair to others in the RP. :?

Such as I just did. I was house/dog/bird sitting and just got my wisdom teeth removed today. I need to go rest, th effects of the anesthesia still haven't completely worn onf, and the pain-killers add to it.

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.