Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy »

Players Wanted: 18+, 1x1 Multi. Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for 1 on 1 roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join »

Initiatives: Getting Involved

a topic in Our Greatest Quest Yet, a part of the RPG forum.

We've a lot of work to do. There's already a big list of ways to help, but maybe we're missing something? Come here to discuss!

Re: Initiatives: Getting Involved

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Remæus wrote:@MayContainPlagiarism: very excited about your Battle Arena initiative. I'm sending some folks your way to help.

Oh thank Christ (or, I guess in this case, Remaeus; practically the same thing)! I have no idea what I'm doing! I just want to see the Battle Arena revived. It's an area of writing I'm very, very weak in. I was hoping if I made an initiative, someone that knew what they were doing would stop by and help out.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby electric on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Hello all! I'm so excited about the bright future of RPG! Though this profile doesn't state it, I've been a member for about 4 years and recently began a new account for a fresh start. :) (also sorry I'm so late in sending in an initiative, but an idea just popped into my mind, I'm not sure if anyone else has pitched it yet).

I wanted to pitch an idea before starting a thread: What if we delegated the reigns of RPG's social media outlets like twitter or perhaps had someone begin an official instagram account, both of which will take a load off of our frontmen's shoulders and be constantly updated?

Both could be used to promote RPG and even rps that have submitted an application to be promoted on social media outlets such as twitter and instagram so that the content can be spread over a broader interface. I'm of course volunteering to help, but I just wondered if this would help in any way and if you wanted someone to do this and if anyone else was up to the challenge?

PM me if anyone is interested and if a few people are, I'll most certainly start a thread.
ϟϟⓔⓛⓔⓒⓣⓡⓘⓒϟϟ

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

electric
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:55 pm

electric wrote:What if we delegated the reigns of RPG's social media outlets like twitter or perhaps had someone begin an official instagram account, both of which will take a load off of our frontmen's shoulders and be constantly updated?

Both could be used to promote RPG and even rps that have submitted an application to be promoted on social media outlets such as twitter and instagram so that the content can be spread over a broader interface. I'm of course volunteering to help, but I just wondered if this would help in any way and if you wanted someone to do this and if anyone else was up to the challenge?

This is a great idea! Posting to our social media accounts isn't the challenge: it's picking what to post. May I suggest simply starting a thread for one of the content types you'd like to publish or promote, and establish a process around selecting it? Weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly contests work well for this — usually centered around some sort of community nomination process!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 16 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:02 am

Seconded for the idea of a social media person for RPG. I know lostamongtrees has experience in that, and I'm on Facebook more than I should be.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GoldenRayne on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:35 pm

A fantasy/adventure/ romance RP would be cool
What can I say I've always been bad

GoldenRayne
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby rosecoffin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I am a graphic design student and would be more than happy to participate in this, so what do I need to do when it comes to art to help out?
Any suggestions would be great because i don't have any idea

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

rosecoffin
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:25 pm

rosecoffin wrote:I am a graphic design student and would be more than happy to participate in this, so what do I need to do when it comes to art to help out?
Any suggestions would be great because i don't have any idea

That's awesome! Hop in the #artwork channel on our Discord https://discord.gg/KD3hF8W and we'll have a list of projects for you to tackle. :D

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revenant Sorrow on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:22 am

Revenant Sorrow
Member for 3 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Author Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:14 am

Blackbird26 wrote:Hey. I was wondering if you guys considered setting up a Patreon. It seems like a nice way to facilitate small monthly donations for those of us interested in doing so. :)

tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!