Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Instruments!!

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Instruments!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi all,

Please post what instruments you play here!!

I play piano, violin, and Alto Saxaphone. :D
Please Go Here and Register So i Can Get A FREE IPOD TOUCH!!
http://www.YouriPodTouch4free.com/index.php?ref=4974629

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bane1150
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Instruments!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:45 pm

I play trumpet, a little bit of keyboard and xylophone (And I mean a very little), and bass guitar. I also sing, but I am unsure of how good I am. People tell me I'm good, but I tend not to believe them.
Last edited by HorusTheHeretic on Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beardy San on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:46 pm

I play bass guitar and rhythm guitar i play bass in a prog rock band
A Mong Among Mingers

Beardy San
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zay Zay~ on Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:47 pm

I play trumbone and a little bit of drums.

Zay Zay~
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:44 am

Piano, guitar, bass, keyboard, harp, xylaphone, tamberine, singing... xD
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Eymber
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:47 pm

I play a bit of everything - but my most developed instrument would be guitar. I play lead guitar for the most part, but occasionally I'll step down from my epic-solos and play some shreddable rhythm. :D
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:42 pm

The only instrument I play now is my mouth, but I used to play a lot of different instruments. I used to play the trombone, trumpet, tuba, alt and tenor sax, clarinet, and flute. I attempted to play the drums, but my parents vetoed it. I also attempted to play the guitar [electric and acoustic], but I my brother took his guitars with him when he left.

;-;
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:50 pm

Im a tromboner, and a baritone player, mostly classical stuff fo me. :)
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:45 pm

I play a mean and godly axe forged by Thor in the furthest reaches of--

Okay, yeah. You get the idea. I play guitar, and I love playing guitar. Have been that way for about four or so years now. Since I learned (Completely self-taught by the way), I've been in a couple of bands that I've really loved. I did a thrash punk thing, a ska thing (The longest of all my ventures), and even a cool little indie-acoustic thing with a friend of mine that sounded amazing. In recent times I've had to put down the six-string because of a lack of time, but I still make sure to get in some practice time at least once a week.

Aside from that though, um, I've taken lead vocal positions like...twice. But I personally think I'm awful at singing.

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:49 pm

I play:
Bass, Electric, Trombone, Trumpet, Piano, Tables, Microphone, Drums, Alto & Tenor Sax.

Music is my life. I've been in several rock bands, an acoustic project called St. Ends we had a CD out. Two punk bands and my solo DJ stuff. I might be getting a ska band together, because I'm a dirt little rude boy. ^.^

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skaura-91 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:29 pm

i play killer drums,and I sing
Out of our minds...Craaazy ass times...not only my best friends my partners in crime!"

Skaura-91
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 pm

Guitar player and singer here.

Music is my life. I'm curently making a band, where I'm the bassist + singer. My singing is very low voice. But It goes very good with some songs.

Okutai
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bacn Blackstripe on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:15 am

trumpet, guitar(acoustic), bagpipes(honest!).
the Rabid Wacky Welsh Wolftaur ( try sayin that 500 times quickly with a lisp)

Bacn Blackstripe
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Je Suis INSANE on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:22 am

I can play the violin (NOT "fiddle" you half brained inbred weasels) and the viola. I can play the piano one handed too. Oh and I'm in the market for a cello.

Je Suis INSANE
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:06 am

I played trumpet for a few years in middle school through high school. I also learned to play my friend's clarinet, and the the french horn, which is much like the trumpet. I can play Hot Cross Buns song, or whatever it is called, on the piano. >_>

I have a guitar. I've had it for a few years. I just don't know how to play the darn thing. One of these days, I'll get around to having a friend teach me.

We've got some talented people here. =D I can't believe how many of you play so many instruments.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Treize Khushrenada on Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:50 pm

I play the piano and... the recorder in elementary school? Yeah, basically just the piano.

Treize Khushrenada
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:38 pm

Haha, Treize. I have a recorder still. I think it's in my desk. I attempt to play it now and then. XD I think I might break it out again!

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyolok on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:19 am

Guitar and Harmonica... I like to write songs.

Lyolok
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:09 am

for me, the guitar suits me the best, although i do have a piano at home.

i also do some beatboxing to songs in my Zen VPlus, but mostly its the guitar for me.

For I, am The Darkness...

DJAtomika
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DxS on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:28 pm

I'm trying my luck at the didgeridoo, but circular breathing is a tricky beast to tame. I'd love to learn to play the guitar and possibly drums on the side some day.
who's gonna take it like this no way

DxS
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.