Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Insurrection

Insurrection

a part of “Insurrection”, a fictional universe by GMDKENJK.

[Closed] In a futuristic world where megacities are run by corporations with private police forces, crime runs rampant in the streets. Superpowered humans gather together, some to fight organized crime, others to take down the enigmatic MortixCorp.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Insurrection”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Insurrection

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GMDKENJK on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Maybe the odds of success change based on the degree of the manipulation? This is complicated...

EDIT: Kiku had an idea; I sent it to you via PM, Talis.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GMDKENJK
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:46 pm

That's what I was thinking, I'd just going to leave the effects of the secondary power up to the player. Nothing too serious, something like your glamor having a tiny oddity. Like the fire wall has a tiny bit of green in it. A simple slip on the ground as you are walking. Just something off that wouldn't affect the powers. Like I said, a tiny bit of bad luck you can play with. Nothing like you suddenly get struck by lightning... Because that would end up killing me too.

Which brings me into the primary power. That will be a lot more direct, like James willing a scaffolding to break it's hold and fall on someone. A tiny bit of bad luck that has disastrous effects if done right. For a gun, James wills the gun to backfire, but overall the other player has the results. The actual results and effects of bad luck are in the other player's hands, which allows for chance and probability. I think it's akin to like a wish power, James wishes something to happen and it may or may not.

So all in all, the other player can control it, just under the guise of luck.

EDIT: Also, I just want to say, I know my character (Aside from the powers) is kinda bare, but I am planning to make it better and add history in as I go. I was never good with personality and history to begin with, because I am never 100% sure how I am going to play him until the thing starts. I will be adding junk as we go.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aythr on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Posted a character and sent a sample post to GMDKENJK. I wasn't quite sure if Talisman or Machina would need to see my sample post, but I still have it if you two need to see it as well.

Aythr
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GMDKENJK on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Couple announcements:

Firstly, the rebel faction is closed to applications until further notice. We have a bunch of 'em already and not many Mortix types.

Secondly, the intro post is up. Feel free to throw up your own character intros at your leisure; we will probably not begin in earnest for another day or two yet. Still waiting on a couple possible apps and whatnot.

Lastly, and this is not really an announcement, but whatever: feel free to develop side-plots with characters and stuff. Being inspired by superhero comics means there will be a lot of random villain-fighting and nefarious plots and stuff, but it would get boring if that's all we did. You want a character subplot but need someone in charge to help develop it? Cool; tell us. We'll help. We're awesome like that, or something.

Oh and Aythr, you're approved. We're being pretty lenient on powers because we know most of you guys and trust you not to turn into godmodding jerks. But! If it starts happening, the wrath of the gods (us) will be upon ye! So let's all be awesome. (^_^)

GMDKENJK
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:41 pm

Whoot post! O8 I'll have Gene's intro up soon as well~

If I wanted to go ahead and think up a secondary power for Gene, would it be too late for that?

Fammikins
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Oh snap, I forgot the costume for James! Oh well, he's a free super with powers that can easily be hidden...

Suppose when a faction decides to try and recruit him, he'll come up with something or another.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:59 pm

@Fam: Nope, as long as you ask at least one of us about it beforehand, you're fine.

@Talis: S'all good. You can add it whenever.
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Hope my intro was decent; I'll be sending my ideas to you Mach about possible secondary powers. O:

Fammikins
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm

*Bursts out and begins to sing The Gambler.*

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away and know when to run
You never count your money when you're sitting at the table
There'll be time enough for counting when the dealing's done

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Nnnooooooo it will be stuck in my head foreverrrr. xD
I'm really on the fence with that song. It's either good to hear some days or a torment.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:06 pm

James just reminded me of Foxwood's theme. Sung by Pizzarelli.

If it helps Fammikins, you can get that stuck in your head instead of that.

I like your luck-based character already.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Woo snazzy~*snaps fingers*

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:18 pm

I thought about having one of the men pull a gun on him and backfire, but that would require a bit more backlash than just tripping in a puddle... Like perhaps a car or a motorcycle *Glances at Fammikins* almost running him over... Although, that would be a great way to meet other characters..

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:24 pm

That's... weirdly appropriate, Shiva. Huh. Snazzy might be the right word.

Also, I love how Machina was all like "post leisurely" and we already have four. Awesome, that's what that is.

And Talis, if you're concerned with meeting other characters, I was thinking of dropping Gabriel in on him anyway, if that works?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Works fine, what with the gentleman thief and a man who just won 900 bones illegitimately (Can't say he cheated, only... Only got lucky). Besides they're both free supers... Oooh! And they both like wearing fedoras.

Also, not only four posts, but four, amazing posts.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 pm

There's always another time for Gene to nearly run someone over. In her next post I was going to have her harass Charlie anyhoo. =u=

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:13 pm

One cookie if you can figure out how Snyder survived an exploding box. He did not use his Super power.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:22 pm

By not being in the box when it exploded in the first place? I'm tempted to say that if the box was on a table, there was a hinge somewhere, but... I'm so bad at figuring out illusionist stuff. I watched an episode of Criss Angel once, and was like really close to my TV trying to see where the wires were.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:32 am

@Aythr: the fact that your character just sat on Charlotte made me laugh far too much.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:34 am

A wizard did it...

Talisman
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!