Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Insurrection

Insurrection

a part of “Insurrection”, a fictional universe by GMDKENJK.

[Closed] In a futuristic world where megacities are run by corporations with private police forces, crime runs rampant in the streets. Superpowered humans gather together, some to fight organized crime, others to take down the enigmatic MortixCorp.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Insurrection”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Insurrection

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GMDKENJK on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:57 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Insurrection"

Questions? Chatter? Commentary? Do direct them here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GMDKENJK
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Insurrection

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GMDKENJK on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Please remember to PM us an example combat post of at least ten sentences if you have applied. We can't accept anyone without knowing how you write. If one or more of us knows you, this can be waived.

Also, because all of the GMs have to consult on characters, formal approval may take a day or so.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GMDKENJK
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:32 pm

I like the main antagonist's power. Do you think I could add on to that theme of "messing with your head" by creating a Magician character that works for her? His main power would probably be sensory illusions.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GMDKENJK on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Go for it, Shiva. And we don't need a sample post from you, either. I know you can write, no worries.

GMDKENJK
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:28 pm

*goes streaking across OOC thread*

I was invited here; checking things out. Looks so, so good. <3

Fammikins
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 pm

I might be interested... I'm thinking of a character with Luck based powers.

And that fellow right there *points* is streaking...
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:48 pm

I just sent my character submission to you. However, since I am quite new to this site, I am not quite sure how the PM system works, so I'm not sure how to send you the sample writing. If you could tell me another way I can get it to you, or maybe tell me how to send a PM, I'll get it to you post-haste. Please and Thank you.
'Mekaku City Actors anime coming soon! Brace yourselves!'

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GMDKENJK on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Mmmkay...

@Fammi- why am I not surprised you did that?

@ Talis: Awesomesauce! Sounds interesting, and yes, she is. It's actually pretty normal for her.

@Sasori: Okay... well you have to have ten forum posts before you can send PMs. I know this because this account does not yet meet the requirement either. My recommendation is to make sure you have those, and then if it still doesn't work, check the Help threads. In the meantime, we will hold off on rejecting/approving your character.

GMDKENJK
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Ok, I have 10 posts now (spammed the discussion thread a bit), so I'll be sending the writing sample your way in just a bit.

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Talisman wrote:I might be interested... I'm thinking of a character with Luck based powers.

And that fellow right there *points* is streaking...

I am a female. D8

@GM: Because...perhaps you know me? I'm not sure. xD;

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:55 pm

Haha, Fammi, it's okay. XD The Internets make it hard to tell sometimes.

And yes, that was me, so I do in fact know you. Sasori, fire when ready. I shall then consult co-GMs and wonderful voting things shall be conducted.
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:56 pm

No man would be under the username "Fammikins"! xD

Oooh right. I forgot it was a joint account~hurr durr.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:10 am

Submitted.

The bane of my existence: finding a picture for my character.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:33 am

Approved, Shiva; I also stink at finding images.

Everyone else who is still waiting: thank you for being patient, it's a bit slower running things with three people making the decisions. It shouldn't be too much longer, though.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:39 am

Nice character Machina Ex Deus, Reminds me alot of Axel. :3
Hope this thing goes well. I'll be reading along.
When life gives you lemons, Make apple juice.

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Sorry about that Fammikins, it's just that I don't know many females who would streak... Plus I didn't know of a gender neutral word for fellow.

Also... It's kinda difficult trying to come up with luck based powers. I may have to scratch that idea and have some pseudo-luck type deal...

*Scratches chin* I may bum a couple of idea off of Gambit...

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:00 pm

And now you do. ouo *goes a-streaking once more*
Only online obviously. Or really really late at night when my irl friends and I feel stupid.

Luck based would've been interesting, maybe an idea will strike you somewhere down the road for it.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Hmm... you could do probability-based powers, maybe? Like the ability to alter probability of a specific event by a certain percentage? Like, this is 10% less likely to kill me? If you're careful not to start goin' crazy and making things absolute, it could be pretty reasonable. Might work well with a T1 system. I dunno. That was what I thought of when you said luck-based. Maybe that means I just don't believe in luck...

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought of at first, but I was having a helluva time trying to explain it... Plus, the backlash would be simply, bad luck. As it is, I've got two drafts for the power...

Mark I:

Primary Power: Lady Luck's Wrath: James can manipulate the kinetic energy of anything within distance. Manipulating kinetic energy as in causing the object to suddenly shoot through the air, to completely shatter into pieces, or to even explode with a wave of the hand or a thought. However, the larger the object it and the farther away James it from it, the longer it takes for kinetic energy to fill it. For example, A baseball can be instantly filled with energy, and shoot through the sky if it's in his hand, but a small vehicle from a distance would take upwards to fifteen minutes depending on the distance and size. Though, this does not come without risks. If he is unlucky and he overshoots the energy threshold for the certain object, then it will explode him. Bad for things in his hands... Good for things far away.

Secondary Power: Misfortune: James can charge objects before hand and then use those objects on command. Perfect for traps or quickly slinging an object across the vicinity.

Mark II:

Primary Power: Lord of Chance: James has the power of luck and probability. For a certain time, he can manipulate the luck and chances of others. Either a gun backfiring and exploding, a railing giving away, the ground under someone's feet to shift and give away. That's not to say he can only manipulate luck for the worse. He can turn the tables of chance so that one may find money in the ground, dodging a bullet, and even to win the lottery. However, this comes with drawback. After every use of his power, Karmic justice kicks in and reciprocates on him. The reciprocation is always bad, but lesser than what he caused. Such as if he caused a gun to backfire, then he would probably end up tripping and falling in water later. However, the greater the chance, the greater the backlash. That's why he hadn't won the lottery yet... Something like that would probably send a bolt of lightning at him.

Secondary Power: Luck of the Draw: James is, by default, slightly lucky. Only slightly however, so he will never find buried treasure or win the lottery. This luck rubs off on companions that he likes, and causes slight bad luck to befall rivals. He thinks this is due to some constant emission of his power and affects others based on some subconscious thought. However the luck will only rub off if he is within sight of the the others and it increases as they gain distance on him. Like a lucky rabbit's foot!

I'm leaning towards Mk II.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:50 pm

How will Mk II work in the sense of cooperation? Like my power, it requires a little bit of cooperation from other players to get it to work effectively. What is the frequency of bad luck on rivals?

I don't know how to put it- it just feels like that it's something the other player cannot control (how hypocritical of me.)

Arke
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!