Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Interest Check for a RPG PODCAST

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Would you be interested in listening to a podcast if we did one?

Yes
71%
No
21%
Maybe
8%

Total votes : 24

Interest Check for a RPG PODCAST

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HitoriRaven on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 am

Hey hey all. It's Hitori, coming to you with an idea that Naft and I have been throwing back and forth.

As you can see from the topic, I/we plan on creating a podcast. Dunno if it's been done/tried before, but I figured I'd throw the idea out there. Right now, it's still in a baby stage, where we're figuring things out. But, I thought I'd post to gauge interest for listening/ guest starring if we DID do it. Because it'd be less fun if no one heard us talk about important stuff, right?

Plans: Right now, again, it's in a basic stage, but the idea is to have some introductions, maybe a current event/fun topic, and then we'll have some kind question or topic regarding RPing. If enough interest is shown, we'll be sure to formulate an actual timeline.

Anyway, yeah. Anyone who might be interested in listening or appearing on it, drop a line here.

EDIT: I have found the person who did the original podcast, while reading through the depressing I'm Leaving Thread. Entity of Sin, if I read correctly. If someone knows how I can check out these podcasts could link me to them or something, I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by HitoriRaven on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HitoriRaven
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Interest Check for a RPG PODCAST

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FizzGig on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:36 am

YES!

OH PLEASE LAWD YES!
Writing is a socially acceptable form of Multiple-Personality-Disorder--C.S.Lewis

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FizzGig
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:40 am

There was a previous attempt at a podcast, but the person responsible for it had other commitments.

For some more details, it'd be run completely on Skype, so those who would like to make an appearance will have to have the program.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:52 am

I would join in as well. Though this time it would be sober!Crim, not drunk!Crim.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Konstantein on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:20 pm

I'd love to be a part.

Konstantein
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DiamondJack on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:21 pm

I'd be in.
"Die? Didn't you know?...Spartans never die."
Kurt Spartan-051 said upon his death

DiamondJack
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valerie_Nix on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:42 pm

I'd like to pop on when I can :)
"Damn modern people and their wizard’s tools." -Jericho

"I hear stupidity is a fatal disease. Doing my own experimentation to see if that’s true or not. If I survive, we’ll know it’s not. If I die…well, it’ll suck. Bad. And I won’t be happy." -Asmodeus

"Its okay, you looked all bad ass until you hit yourself in the face" Shaun from Psych.

"We have to get her the best, 'cuz she's Christmas in a cup!" -A Customer.

Valerie_Nix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dr. Nikolai on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:42 pm

I'd like to pop on too! :D
~"You ask who you love, and you don't know, no, do you?
The spirit of God just passes right through you
You gave away heaven, handed right to you
And I can see it all tell me is it true?
And kiss me my darling, darling I need you"~

Dr. Nikolai
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I would like to be able to help out with this. I do have some experience with web based broadcasting. I used to do radio. But either way I think this is a really good idea.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Crow on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:54 am

Just make sure you all do the podcast, and not just talk about doing it. :P Just sayin'.

It's a great idea, none-the-less.

Mr. Crow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Brilliant. Well I am interested, as some already know.
My first thought, though, is the naming convention.

We can do a podcast, no matter what, and focus on our own activity on RPG but if we want to include RPG as more than just a mentioning, we would really need to get moderator approval. Probably Rem's approval at the end of the day?

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration Group Theory Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:32 pm

I would listen. Not sure if you'd want a 14 year old on it though. haha.
Also what would you talk about? Surely you can only talk about RPs for so long then there would be nothing left to say.
Louder Than God's Revolver And Twice As Shiny
~What I Am Listening To~
Crush On You - Nero

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HitoriRaven on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah, we're working on ways to make it interesting and keep thinking of topics. We also hope that it can develop as we make episodes. So...yeah, you might be seeing a thread for feedback. Or something like that.

EDIT: I'm 15, so no worries. We might as for guest stars. =D

HitoriRaven
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:59 am

Hey, all! Here's an idea I had presented to the Design team in the past, but it was shelved due to poor timing on my part. If you have the time to tackle it, then then it's all yours:

The idea of an "RPG Podcast" has been tossed around quite a few times in the past, of that I'm sure - the most recent iteration being with the user Entity_Of_Sin. It lasted one episode. I don't really think anyone saw it.

What I think that the idea of a podcast is missing is the user. The past versions of it I have seen have just been one or two people talking about general roleplaying theory. There's no foothold for people to feel involved, and there's no real incentive for the community to settle in and watch.

I'm proposing an RPG Podcast that will solve that problem. It will serve as a "gateway" to the community, bridging the gaps between different circles of writers. Why not have a podcast that's all about user-created content?

"The Week in Gateway" or "The Week on Gateway" (either TWIG or TWOG; haven't decided yet) will be a weekly 5-minute video in a newscast format. Hosted by yours truly, it will attempt to cover the following things in no particular order:

1. A featured Roleplayers Wanted thread that the users should check out.
    2. A featured Interest Check that the users should check out.
    3. Any updates made to the website (as per the "Recent Changes" page at the top of the screen)
    4. "What's Hot" on Gateway in terms of genres
    5. Notable user-submitted content in the Creative Realm
    6. A featured Tabbed roleplay
    7. Notable moments in the Multiverse/Gambit's Bar.

This, I believe, will greatly encourage more users to tune in on a weekly basis. Links to content will be provided in the description of each YouTube video.

This is obviously content that will be for existing users, but so long as we are continuing the idea of chasing down multiple tracts for the RolePlayGateway YouTube channel to have .. this is as good of a place to start. When users are tuning in on a weekly basis, that cements the existence of the channel in their minds. Then, a month later or so, when we submit the "JOIN GATEWAY NOW!" content, the users will have a familiarity with the channel, and can share the videos with friends both IRL or on the internet.

Without this, users won't be as inclined to share a YouTube channel they had no idea existed. With this proposed idea in the works, they'll have an investment to it - their name, their own roleplay, etc.

Thoughts?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:31 am

It's a video'd or voiced(?) news. We tried to do something like this with the NRP stuff just to help eliminate confusion, we only got one video off and onto youtube. :(
But, I do like the idea. It would most certainly allow for people to know/understand what's going on at the moment instead of the usual, "Wait what?"
This will only work with strict deadlines though I think.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 am

ViceVersus, you are right in line with the mode that I was personally gunning for. I want to take this sudden burst of motion and have it become a positive element in our little communities here on Roleplaygateway. Entertain, Uplift and connect the users. Being multifaceted and run by multiple individuals will help keep the focus diverse and, I hope, entertaining.

The biggest thing we are aiming for is having fun and trying to make people feel more comfortable and connected with the site, its users and its staff.

I'll definitely put your notes there into my compendium, Vice. Thanks!

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration Group Theory Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Izoi wrote:It's a video'd or voiced(?) news. We tried to do something like this with the NRP stuff just to help eliminate confusion, we only got one video off and onto youtube. :(
But, I do like the idea. It would most certainly allow for people to know/understand what's going on at the moment instead of the usual, "Wait what?"
This will only work with strict deadlines though I think.

Would you happen to have a link to this video? I think it would be interesting to watch as I have looked for play-by-post roleplaying stuff on youtube before but I didn't get any results.

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:58 pm

It would be wise to contact members to try and see if they would like their information shared/RP discussed prior to bring it up in a podcast. You might find that some members would prefer to have their work left out.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Cookie - Here
This was I believe created and produced (I do not recall specifics) by DemiKara here on Gateway, and at the very least it belongs to DemiKara. It is a brief synopsis of what has been going on recently (at the time the video was produced) in the NRP scene. There had been plans to turn it into a larger thing but some of the NRP players like Jag said, prefer to have their work left out, or do not wish to inform of what is going on in their portion of the IC world.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:42 pm

I support this and am posting to keep track of the thread. I'd really like to see the RPG community take on different mediums to support the evolution and improvement of roleplaying here.

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!