Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Interested in an RP

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interested in an RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Hello! I am looking for a group or 1x1 RP. I don't want too many people so I might cap it off at like 8 people. Anywho! I am hoping for a dark RP. I have been interested in a Mafia type RP. I don't have any ideas or any details, but if there is anyone that would like to discuss it with me, just respond to this. I love drama and any dark themes (drugs, sex, swearing, death..) other stuff like that.

Looking forward to RPing with you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver World Builder

Re: Interested in an RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airy on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:27 pm

Hello! I might be interested. I haven't done a good dark roleplay in a long time and would be willing to discuss one with you! I don't mind if it's a 1x1 or a group thing either, whatever works best.
Image“I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.”
― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Airy
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jibber Jabber on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Hey There,
I have a natural interest in organized crime, so I would be super interested. If it's just a dark rp I would also be super interested in that as well. I'm cool with working with any number of people, whatever you decide.

I'm also willing to discuss some ideas if you're still unsure of what you want to do.

Jibber Jabber
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:47 pm

How do you feel about a Ukrainian that believes in a better life, but becomes embroiled in the seedy underbelly of Sevastopol crime only to ultimately become a bitter, cutthroat international arms dealer so he can afford to provide that life instead for his sister?

...or something like that, I guess.

I don't think I've ever had a compelling "Dark" RP; it's always a vampire with relationship problems on the light spectrum, or a wannabe psychopath going into far too much detail on the dark side.

I'm looking more for 1x1 RPs to be done by PM, but I can see it being difficult to keep multiple, similar RPs straight in your head.

Either way I have plenty of ideas for an RP taking place in the gangster-mafia 20's-50's, East European arms smuggling from 2000-present day, or alternate-history 2020's if you want a realistic story. I also have a rogue's gallery of assassins, thieves, and those kinds of things for something medieval/fantastic.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:47 pm

@Jibber Jabber Organized Crime is great for dark themes! I haven't been able to find a good Mafia RP in a long ass time. Maybe I can start one of those.

@MayContainPlagiarism If you have any ideas, lay them on me. And I only say dark themes to specify for drugs, sex, fights, blood, gore and other stuff like this. Most people don't enjoy those type of topics. Supernatural is closer to the line of the vampire stuff you are talking about. Also if you are looking for more 1x1 then we can do that as well. Group is optional for anyone that wants to do it.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:12 pm

You say specify for "drugs, sex..." etc but that really isn't specific. Do you want those to come up in the story? For the story to focus on them? Are the protagonists fighting the drug trade and sex slavery, or are the protagonists a bunch of criminals perpetrating awful crimes? I tried to provide 3 different time periods so you could help point myself and others in a more helpful direction.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:53 pm

@MayContainPlagiarism
Oh! I didn't mean specify like what exactly what I wanted in the RP. I just meant themes that can make some people uncomfortable to RP with. Sorry if that was not clear. Also realistic is more up my ally when it comes to organized crime. Also modern times. It's just better for me. Do you have any ideas surrounding that you would like to share.

Oh and for this question:
Are the protagonists fighting the drug trade and sex slavery, or are the protagonists a bunch of criminals perpetrating awful crimes?

Usually I play characters that are involved with the crime so my protagonists are usually high end criminals. Having protagonists fighting the antagonist involved in the crime is inevitable. It's not much fun if the criminals continually get away with their crimes. But having to battle either the cops, FBI, secret service etc as well as keeping up with all their trade makes for a more fun RP. Especially when nothing is black and white. Hopefully I answered that for you.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:25 pm

The only criminal character I have, that could be considered redeemable and not a reproachful monster, is the Ukrainian I mentioned before. As far as I have used him, he serves as the armorer, and sometimes the face or the muscle for his boss, Boyis, who transports, sells, and acquires firearms for criminals and terrorists in Europe (mostly Spain/France in the west or Russia/Ukraine in the east), Africa (west coast), and the western seaboard of the United States (mostly California, sometimes in Mexico).

I don't know what kind of RP would be made out of that, as it is: He works on a tug boat/barge keeping guns working and sometimes shooting at people. He could be betrayed, left for dead, kidnapped/taken by a rival only to escape and find himself lost somewhere in Europe or the US. Maybe a government agency nabs his sister (who he supports through his criminal activities), and forces him to cooperate as an informant for her continued safety? (If it's a west-European or American government, they wouldn't actually grab her and take here somewhere, just threaten to do so if he didn't cooperate)

It could end up in a Burn Notice-esque deal, where his limited skill set (beating people up, shooting people, scaring people) starts small and begins to attract the wrong kind of attention? Maybe a woman gets involved who's swept up in the excitement of a dangerous, Ukrainian man? shrug

That's as far as I've thought.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:47 pm

@MayContainPlagiarism
That all sounds good. I unfortunately have only played psychopath's that kill with a smile on their face. Of course that could be added too. Only my character would be less of a pscyho. More of a high skilled killer who has no where else to go. She could be part of the group that is assigned to kidnap his sister or keep watch of the Ukrainian. And either she A) realizes that there is no reason for him to be in this situation and feel bad for her. B) She is a double agent. She helps him and continually gets information from her own group.
AND I LOVED BURN NOTICE! It has been a while since I have seen it, but it was really good. And the woman could somehow get involved with that. She could be sent to fight him or something after he has attracted the wrong attention. I'm not sure. I am just piggybacking off of what you are writing. I don't have any ideas at the moment for this.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:31 pm

1: The "My character is a psychopath" roleplayer is the kind I have a lot of trouble writing with, especially if it's your only character.

2: Why would a psychopath be working for a government agency, in a realistic RP?

3: So, he's turned into an informant, and then she's also an informant who spies on him, to make sure his double-agenting is good? That could be interesting, I guess. She'd be like his spy-babysitter who inevitably falls deeply, madly, passionately in love with his grasp of the English language.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:59 pm

1. Yeah. I only use characters like that in a group setting. Where there are more people to interact with and more people to keep my character okay. But I always love those characters.

2. I wasn't saying a government agency for that. More of like a crime organization. One trying to stay off the government's radar. The Ukrainian could be an informant for them. Giving them government information and so forth.

3. Something like that. In all honesty, she could just be the person that he reports the information too. That would force more interaction. And part of her job would to also babysit.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:19 pm

2: So he's spying on one group of criminals for a different group of criminals? To what avail? If it's a short-lived scheme (We'll let you sister go after we've killed all your gun smuggler friends) that makes sense. If it's something long-term, what's the point in tracking them? Competition kills competition.

So who is the Ukrainian officially working for, who is he secretly working for, what do those groups want, and how are they motivating him?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Hmm I see your point. I saw him as working for some Government Agency. But we can switch it. We can have my girl work for a government agency instead.

If he is working for some criminal group that wants something from the government, it could be intel of weapon shipment. Cops need weapons too, but they acquire them legally and all of them get tagged. But if the criminals could get them before they are tagged, they have weapons that cannot be traced. I can't think of a different reason for a group to need government intel unless they were trying to rob the government of something. But I wouldn't know of what. The criminal group could have his sister. The government obviously wants to take the group down. The could be using my girl to do it. Like she is assigned to the case. Or something like that. I have never played a cop before so this would be interesting.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:17 pm

...that doesn't sound very believable.

Viktor uses his unlawful earnings to put his sister through school. Whichever country she goes to school in says "That's all well and good, but if you don't help us take people down, we'll throw her in a hole forever." So he's spying on criminals on behalf of some agency.

I... don't even understand what you were saying. And if Viktor's sister is being held prisoner by criminals, she's going to be freed or he's going to die trying to free her.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:02 am

Hmm...I'm not really what idea to come up with at this point. I would like to do organized crime idea, but I can't figure out how to incorporate Viktor's thing in a way that make sense.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jibber Jabber on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:21 am

Hello Hullo,

I wanted to get back to this yesterday but I ended up completely sleeping through the entire day.

Firstly, this idea is heavily inspired by Sin City as I totally watched it for the millionth time the other day and have always wanted to do something in a similar world, it is understandable if you’d rather go down a different road. But I do think this can work for all characters.

The city is a criminals paradise. There are corrupt politicians/law enforcment, murderers walking the streets, prostitutes, drug dealers on every corner and everything inbetween. Everyone has skeletons in their closet and dirty hands. The perfect setting for a gritty and dark rp.

One of its key locations is the bustling port and factory district, perfect for a trafficker. With said trafficker having one very special client that is forcing him to be their gun runner because all it takes is one phone call to kill his sister because she is their leverage.

Currently there is a mayoral campaign going into full gear with one of the candidates vowing to change the city. Now remember that everyone in this city are criminals in some way, just because he says he is going to clean up the city doesn't mean he actually is. In fact, he just wants to be in complete control(he can be the main antagonist) and that means getting rid of the competition. I'm thinking there are three crime families, he is the boss of one and has secretly started to target the other families weak points in order to sweep in and get rid of the heads and take control.

Simple, I was thinking your female could work for the mayoral candidate while Plagiarism worked for one of the other families and when I came up with this idea I was picturing another character who was the son of one of the crime bosses and are not on good terms with them. Making three(???)characters with different ties and angles to get the main group of antagonists with a bloody end result.

Again, just an idea. A thought. A trickle of something. I think it could work with a little tweaking to really strengthen it out but I've babbled long enough.

Jibber Jabber
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:23 am

As long as I get to play a suave, attractive, manly European arms dealer a la Michael Weston with a good heart and bad habits.

I actually have a second character in mind: a prostitute he's friends with who's the recipient of the rest of his money.

And your idea would be better if you didn't mention Sin City. I don't do those fancy, saturated/sharp chroma filter movies with a shoe horned message and annoying protagonist. If we're going to do this (and we are), it can't be a shameful reminder of the end of Bruce Willis's career.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:20 pm

I like sin city. But I understand not repeating that story ling.

Okay! You want a suave, attractive, manly European arms dealer with a good heart and bad habits All his unlawful money goes towards his sister's schooling. And he has a prostitute friend that the rest of his money goes towards.

Well he is doing unlawful stuff for a criminal organization correct? If the government takes notice then that would be bad news for him and his sister and the prostitute since that is illegal. So. What if the government wants intel on the group he is getting money from so they can take it down. In exchange they will help his sister get through school and get the prostitute off the street.

But obviously, governments only see criminals not good intentions. So he could be assigned a babysitter (aka me) that he reports to. And then the whole madly in love blah blah. How does that sound?

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:25 pm

I wasn't quite serious with the suave stuff; he has Weston's creativity, but not his training, and he's a really stand offish, serious guy who lets his weapons translate for him.

So... His "babysitter" is an undercover cop, right? And he's helping her get information on his group and the group threatening his sister?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:07 pm

Yes. Exactly. That's exactly it. And I figured you were joking about it. I was just gonna keep it on going. But this sounds good.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!