Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Interesting I stumbled onto this, anyone believe in fate?

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Interesting I stumbled onto this, anyone believe in fate?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kao on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:47 am

I dont even know how I found this. And the only thing that caught my attention is some references to comicity and a friend of mine, ken better known as Shin gouki Z. I'll probably show him this next time we talk, because it's just interesting. My biggest question for the inhabitants of this forum is: Are any of you actually from comicity? The only name I actually recognize is dionysus, however it may not be the same. People knew me at comicity for a few years as Kao-Vegeta, Senshi Kyofu, and several othernames. That was along time ago, and I was barely a teenager, but for some time i was one of the most wellknown textual combat fighters. Mostly because of my 'evil' character and constant fighting, and partly my revivalry with people like Ken,derek,scott, just interesting that theres still people out there with knowledge of comcity. I'm still in contact with ahandful of people from there if any of you are interested in getting contact information, I'd also be interested to know your alias' or who you may be still in contact with. Nice to see your alive and kicking. As someone once so eliquently put it. -Until The Next
-Kao

Just for reference, my real name was widely known, Eric. (edited to remove extra post)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kao
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Interesting I stumbled onto this, anyone believe in fate?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:47 pm

It's good to see that you found us - I'd love to catch up with both you and Shin, and maybe fill in some of the history that I've missed! This website isn't really geared towards the old fighting days - but a good number of us used to be fighters way back in our teen years. There are still some left, but for the most part the people who were a part of the 90s iterations of the community aren't into the niche anymore.

There are a few people here that went to Comicity - Dio is the Dionysus that you knew, for example. However, I think you'll find that the range of places people went and experienced the fighting world in is rather diverse, from GWC and Metawerx in 1998-1999, Yahoo and AOL, Ace, Tux, RC, and some of the various IRC networks that floated around since the very early 90s. It looks like the community has fallen to shambles, really - with sites like "Neo-Comicity" making up the majority of substitutes. Blech.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:58 am

Eric, this is Wes (Kanretsu-Z)... Welcome to your destiny.

Please forgive my boldness, but if you are indeed Kao-Vegeta, then you know why I must test your knowledge. What little soccer chick at Comicity did you once have a crush on? Oh, I'm not done yet, that was an easy one. Who were the Kao-syndicate's counterpart, and archrivals? Heh, just one more, a token of good faith. What year did I first meet you in Comicity? If you are indeed Kao-Vegeta, these questions should be easy.

I'm sorry, my friend. It's just that over the years with copycat players like Seraphim (Kane), and idolizers like Gogeta (Dirk), it's been difficult to trust anyone's accusations. A true elite Z-senshi knows better, trusting none of what he hears and only half of what he sees. And since I was there when Comicity was hacked, I tend to keep my memories to myself. Since I was the last person formally admitted into the Z-senshi by Kenshiro himself, I, for the longest time, considered myself to be the last surviving Freeformist of Comicity.

Note the word Freeform and not Freestyle, heh. Who among us today remembers the empire that was Comicity? You and I are truly gifted friend, since not many others have even heard of CC, much less care. Those were gifted times, when the word elite had true meaning. Not many players practice the old way that we followed, not many could understand the code of honor that we practiced. Most of them have been consumed in the fire that has become modern textual combat. I still pray for the day when masters could teach their students honor, strength, and respect for their opponents. I still pray for the day when players could become champions, without the need for written laws or government. I'm afraid our era is at an end, for there is a new era approaching, a generation of players who need rules and judges in order to prove that they are elites. It is quite humorous, actually.

Ah, my dear Eric, welcome back to the RPworld. I hope you find it as fun-filled and exciting as I have. Beware of the dark side my young padawan, there are self-proclaimed Jedi everywhere (lol). You are one of the true elites of Comicity, and for that you deserve to sit at the adult table with the rest of us. So far the only players I respect in this community are Ramaeus and Circ Aloriath, who you've already met. I do not browse the internet as much as I once did, my fighting days are over. But it is always glad to see another survivor like yourself, who has not faded away into oblivion. It is for this reason that I signed on, to send you this message. I'm glad to have you back, Eric.

The Human Being who died to become The Immortal God,
- Dionysus
DIONYSUS THE TWICE BORNE
THE HUMAN BEING WHO DIED TO BECOME THE IMMORTAL GOD
VETERAN ROLEPLAYER AND GUARDIAN OF TEXTUAL COMBAT SINCE 1998

Dionysus
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kao on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:23 am

Please forgive my boldness, but if you are indeed Kao-Vegeta, then you know why I must test your knowledge. What little soccer chick at Comicity did you once have a crush on? Oh, I'm not done yet, that was an easy one. Who were the Kao-syndicate's counterpart, and archrivals? Heh, just one more, a token of good faith. What year did I first meet you in Comicity? If you are indeed Kao-Vegeta, these questions should be easy.

That little soccer chick from comicity was Princess Jade, better known as Ema Karine Jade Saavedra. Their were too many rivals to count but we had feuds with the Saiyan Elite, the androids, the remnants of the 'Z', "digital", and many others. So i'm not too positive of which rivalry you refer too, but if it helps I can name the most influential Kao's by alias aswell as real name Brian Eames "Kao-ShangriLa", Klint Scott Kehl "Kao-Goku", Roma or East Kaio known as Kao-Broli and myself. As for the year I first met you Wes, that is very difficult, because I'm not the best with dates, I started going to comcity somepoint in 98, I probably met you close to 00'-01. If it helps I met you as a very eager textual fighter to know as much about me and those I knew in comicity very well. You had a rivalry with another Eric- who I originally met as MYSTERIOUS YOUTH TRUNKS who I faught and defeated in Lionhearts chat, who never returned to cc' again and instead took himself elsewhere to find success and who stole shin gouki z's identidy and burrowed it for awhile. I also helped you construct a written history/timeline of comicity. I also shared with you the only real set of rules ever written for the place that was never actually put into effect by myself and Tairo No Masakado.

Hopefully that's enough information on my part.Glad to see you're alive and doing well.

Kao
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:12 pm

Heheh... you too, my brutha, you too.

Now do me a favor, and share our culture with the rest of this world...

- Honor
- Courage
- Respect
- Loyalty
- Honesty
- Love
- Training
- Rememberance

It's time I become a ghost...

If I never speak with you again, check my myspace... http://www.myspace.com/anarchy2k7

Peace out, homie...

The Human Being who died to become The Immortal God
- Dionysus

Dionysus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _Blue on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:21 pm

This is pretty crazy...

I'm still a bit skeptical if this is referring to the original CC I remember & was dedicated to for years. I see a couple names I vaguely remember.
I wasn't a big fighter in CC, so I doubt too many would remember me.
My name was BabyBlue. I hung out with V44 for a long time.
Ring any bells?

_Blue
Member for 10 years

So I keep hearing of stuff like Shin-Goku and Elite Z and such. Anybody care to educate me on exactly what you're referring to, and why the thread is in the Battle Arena? Not to rain on what appears to a be a reunion of old friends, but I am a bit confused. =/

TwilightShade
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Hello BabyBlue, and Twilight Shade... First off, if you are from the same Comicity (CC) as us, BabyBlue, then there's no way you wouldn't remember the Z-senshi and their rival Kao-syndicate. It's just impossible not to have known of them, being in Comicity, when other people from totally different chat servers who had never even heard of Comicity... knew who they were... To this day, I mean, people in this very RolePlayGateway community still come up to me and say "I know who that is" or "I heard of them before", some five to six years later after the Z-senshi sort of went ghost... so that right there, let's me kind of wonder, a little, what CC you're talking about. Maybe my friend Eric (Ryu) would remember you, being as he was the last active member of the Kao-syndicate from Comicity... unfortunately, Eric no longer roleplays, so he no longer checks these boards.

I am the last of the original Z-senshi Elite from Comicity... there are no others but me... I have tried to take on a few disciples here, but for some reason, it just never worked out. So... I am the last of my kind... there were several others who came before me, and they all had a direct lineage to Dai Kiaou Shin, who was the founder of the Z-senshi Elite from Comicity... Dai Kiaou Shin was famous for winning 1st place in a popular RPG freeform fighting tournament, which took place in 1994 or 1995... some people say he won 1st place two years in a row, back in those times... I'm not sure, I never met him, I came way later after his time. I was a disciple of Dai Kiaou Shin's first student, Shin Gouki Z, who initiated me into the Z-senshi Elite of Comicity back in 2000, which was the year of the dragon... so that explains that.

I'm not exactly sure why this thread is in the Battle Arena...???... I never noticed, actually, lol... I do recall, I was absent for a time during a personal challenge which I accepted in 2006, so rather than calling off the fight, I asked my friend and fellow student Ryu No Ansatsuken to fight in my place... Ryu fought bravely, and lost, from what I heard... Ryu was not one of the Z-senshi Elite, but rather, a member of the Kao-syndicate who were the Z-senshi's rivals in Comicity for a time... Despite this fact, Ryu and I are very close friends... in fact, everyone at Comicity was pretty tight, there was a definate inner-circle of friends and roleplayers who RP'd as enemies , but conversated OOC as close friends. So that's what this thread was all about... but... now my friend is gone, and I am all alone, trying to keep the legend alive... We had a very definate history, one which I guess people would say, "you had to be there to understand"... I am a different kind of on-line fighter... I'm very oldschool, and from a very quiet realm whose history pre-dates most RPG fan sites. The way that I was taught textual combat, was like the movie Star Wars... I was an apprentice, and Shin Gouki Z was my mentor, so to speak... Every single member of the Z-senshi Elite was a real-life martial artist, and a diehard on-line fighter. That's how we all cliqued... Most of the original Z-senshi Elite have all grown up, gotten married, started families, and just moved on. The same thing will happen with me one day, not too far into the future. But until then, I still remain to carry on the proud reputation of the Z-senshi of Comicity... ^_^

Dionysus
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.