Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Into the Labyrinth

Into the Labyrinth

a part of “Into the Labyrinth”, a fictional universe by Tragedy:).

You're asleep. Dreaming, yes, but you've never heard of any dream feeling this real. [no spots left, though challenging people for their places is an option.]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Into the Labyrinth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Into the Labyrinth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tragedy:) on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Welcome to the OOC topic for Into the Labyrinth!

What can you expect from this roleplay?
More than anything, I want this roleplay to be fun. Therefore, we're going to have a very light-hearted environment. I don't need posts to be super-huge, all the time, as that creates a lot of unneeded pressure. Nor do I want them to be super-short, because that's just lazy. This is going to be a humorous, very anime roleplay. Characters can go chibi at any time, sparkle and deflate and who knows what else. On the other hand, it is also a mature roleplay. Yes, there will be swearing, blood, gore, and all of that. Kissing, too. I'm not a big fan of sex, but considering the nature of the roleplay, it might come around, and if it does, it's gotta be blacked out. Also, there will be tons of teamwork. Collaborations for posting, character creation, plotting; you name it.

Also, all characters need to have real out-there personalities. No one can be "normal" except for Slot 4's character.

Once you reserve, stick around!
Since this roleplay is very dependent on character interaction and development, we'll be working on character creation as a group.

DON'T reserve if you...
  1. Don't intend to stay active.
  2. Are unsure if you can make a commitment.
  3. Don't want the character all that badly.
  4. Are unwilling to work on character creation and plotting as a team.
  5. Can't be friendly and active in the OOC.
  6. Can't create a unique and well-rounded character.

Seriously, if you aren't gung-ho about this, please don't join. There are limited spots, and it would a shame if someone who really wanted it got ousted by someone who didn't really care. :(

With that in mind,
If you really really desire a spot, one that's already been reserved, you may "challenge" them for the spot. You don't have to post about this (PM me if you wish), but simply keep an eye on the OOC and submit your character when it's done, keeping in mind to make them different from all the other characters. If it's obvious that you've put in a lot more effort, and your character is unique and fits in with the other characters in a more natural way, the one who has reserved the character originally has one chance to step up their game, or you may claim the spot.
Last edited by Tragedy:) on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tragedy:)
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Into the Labyrinth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:10 pm

This idea sounds pretty interesting, I would love to take on the Slot 2 please :3

I shall have my charrie up by tomorrow, also she'll be a female.

I hope that's all right~

"Aunque duela, llega el momento donde se debe
dejar que todo siga su camino, donde es mejor
no forzar nada. Donde se tiene que entender que
aunque con tanta fuerza se desee, hay cosas que
sencillamente jamás serán."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tragedy:) on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Alright, Emmie, but don't get started on your character just yet. Hang around for a while, we need to talk about her personality and how it'll fit with everyone else's character. :3 What kind of personality do you have planned for her?

Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Hey, could I possibly reserve slot 5 please?

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:31 pm

All right, well I was thinking she's be headstrong, upright, distant, a bit secretive and distant. Of course I'd work on her more (: but that's just to give an idea of how she would be like.

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:34 pm

May I reserve Spot 4? And just asking, what do you mean by 'normal'? Do I have to make its personality fit with a stuttering student like in the intro, or am I allowed to come up with things myself?
"Every mother on earth gave birth to a child. Except my mother: she gave birth to a legend. High five mom!" - lolsotrue.com
"Periods are ridiculous. I shouldn't be punished for not being pregnant," - lolsotrue.com
"Dear Life, when I said 'Can my life get any worse', it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge." - lolsotrue.com

REMEMBER: Facebook is not a FREAKIN' DIARY. Who the hell wants to know when you go to the fuckin' TOILET?

Finneline
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tragedy:) on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:35 pm

@Emmie, okay, get to work on her, but make sure to keep her a WIP so we can all work on her as a group, kay?

@phoenix, are you sure? You have a world in mind?

@Fin, heheh, actually, no. You have a lot of freedom when it comes to character creation. It's just that where all of the other characters will be rather, ehem, strange due to the worlds they come from, they're the only character with the potential to be "normal". They're the only true human there, so take advantage of that when creating them!

Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Sure thing, I'll get started on her then (:

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:43 pm

I was thinking of creating a character who lived in a world based on the Germanic and Nordic mythology, since the two cross over so much. I was thinking of creating a character based around one of the lesser known deities, like Sigyn. Given her relationship with other members of her world, she would be a little suspicious of everyone at first but would become more trusting of everyone overtime. She is a little naive and child-like at times, but has a fairly natural mothering instinct, she likes to make sure everyone sticks together and is safe. If we end up with a load of female characters, I could change it to one of the more obscure male deities but that's what I've got so far.

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tragedy:) on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Awesome! Okay, go ahead and create your WIP, unless you wanna wait around and see for the gender thing. Also, I should probably remind you all UNLESS YOU'RE MAKING A CHARACTER FOR SLOT FOUR, MAKE SURE TO GIVE THEM A FAR-OUT PERSONALITY TO MATCH THE WORLD THEY COME FROM.

People, take advantage of the weirdness! Make them as unique as possible!

Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Haha. Alright then -- kinda, well, was thinking of making a guy who tends to never giving his all, is a half-assed idiot and never consider taking anything seriously. Someone, well, who is satisfied with leading a normal life, something like that. Just gotta love being 'normal' -- logic is the weapon. Heh.

And yeah. Making a male. Hurray!

Finneline
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tragedy:) on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Hey Fin, he sounds freakin' great! <3 Also, I'm really glad you're making a guy, haha. *sweats nervously*

Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Yeah, I'll just hang back until we're sure with the gender ratio, plus its 2am or something stupid like that so my brain isn't functioning at full capacity and I'm on my tablet, which doesn't like doing character profiles, so I'll just hang back a while until we know gender ratio, that my brain is working and I can get onto a computer

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tragedy:) on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:05 pm

@Phoenix, gotcha! That's totally understandable! >3>

Also, peeps, I'm gonna say it right here right now; if your character isn't human, don't make them act human, please. For example, vampires who are only vampires in name and in reality are just angsty teenagers. Ghost acts like a ghost. He's very mild at first, but then as he gets attached to things he gets progressively more and more violent. Plus, like a ghost, he is extremely creepy. Or nekos who actually poof out and hiss and spit when angered, and all that stuff.

Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boku541090 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Hey, just stumbled upon this RP! It looks AWESOME!! Anyway, I was thinking..... Since Finneline hasn't made his/her character yet, I was going to 'battle' for Spot 4. If I lose, well then... Bye!! :D

Thanks

boku541090
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tragedy:) on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Ah-hah, I see. Before you fight it out, would you consider taking Slot 3, maybe? ;-; We need it to be filled...

Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:00 am

If it is not too late I'd like to reserve slot 3.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tragedy:) on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:32 am

Ahah, I see, reserved. It seems like it might be best for this spot to be male, btw.

Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:50 am

I was hoping to create a female character as I had a good story in mind background wise. But really the way I plan on making it doesn't really get affected by gender in the end. Just gotta come up with a new name.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:44 am

Haha, alright, may the best character win! =)

So yeah, if we're fighting over one spot, I suppose, we shouldn't post in the character creation thread yet, but just sending our char in for Tragedy to decide?

Finneline
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!