Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Into Thin Air

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Into Thin Air

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KooriTheSneak on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:54 am

Moonlight drifted through his blinds. Alastor watched the pale glow silently echo through the night. It was time for him to go, time for his midnight walk. He walked out of the door and into the alley, stepping onto the bumpy alley way. He lived in the slums of London, and loved it. The dirt, grunge, the very escense of it. It was wonderful. A cold wind blew, and tussled Alastor's dark brown hair. It brought in a thin fog, giving a haunted feeling to the grunge. He could hear cars in the distance, and faint voices returning home from a night at the pub. These were the images everyone saw. Alastor could see other things though. He could see them. Mere substitues of what they once were. Haunted, tortured souls, looking for some way to earn peace. They were almost transperant. Alastor heard a footstep behind him.
"You're not a spirit."
watch for the unseen...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KooriTheSneak
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Into Thin Air

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghosting on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:08 am

Elysia’s emerald eyes traced the movements of Alastor as he walked by her hiding spot in the alley, quietly stepping out from behind the shadows of the adjoining alley Elysia smirked, pushing back her dark auburn hair in the process. Observing him carefully Elysia followed Alastor’s movements from a fair distance behind him being careful not to alert him to her presence. Taking another step closer to Alastor Elysia winced, her foot fall not made delicately enough thus making the sound of her step obvious. Expecting the worst Elysia straightened up her figure and braced her self, just incase if he was to lunge at her. Upon hearing Alastor’s words Elysia smirked, her hand twitching as she restrained herself from reaching to the dagger hidden up her sleeve. “Neither are you” she replied her emerald eyes alighting, her interest peaked.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghosting
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KooriTheSneak on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Alastor sighed. The air came out in a puff and slowly rose to the sky. He stopped moving, listening for any more signs of company. No. It was just her. He could hear her breath. It was a feminine breath, small and light. He looked at one spirit ahead of him, and saw him grin. The spirit was looking at her. Alastor communicated with him, the spirit, he dove into the spirit's thoughts. He could see through the spirits eyes.
"Hm." Alastor thought to himself. "Wonder why she's so tense."
"I don't want to fight you. You can relax."

KooriTheSneak
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:22 pm

What a wretched night... thought Marek with a huddled frown, shivering in his dark brown jacket. The night was still, the stars blinking at each other, trying to encourage the others that there was still hope in being a star, being something more than some other things in the sky...
Marek glanced down at the rather empty street below, figuring that midnight was not a time most humans preferred to be caught outside. Especially... at this time of night, when his kind were out. Marek's smile drew back to reveal two pointed fangs, brilliant and white against the growing darkness on either side of him. His jade green eyes switched to gaze at the rooftop he stood upon, almond-shaped under black chin-length hair.
Now... where had that no-good Alastor gone?
Marek prowled alongside the small barrier that warned against falling over the roof's edge, eyes glinting as he sniffed. He was not hungry; he would not be for another fifteen days or so, but instinct still hitched a ride on his frontal senses, piquing his tenseness, his alertness, his paranoia of the dark. Only men could kill monsters, and all man needed was a sharp piece of wood, apparently.
He stopped at the corner of the roof, peered down, and smiled. There was Alastor! Still grinning broadely, he sat on the wall and decided to wait, intent on eavesdropping or some such other mischievious deed.

Rache
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:25 pm

The red flare of a cigarette shone through the gloom. He breathed in deep, feeling the smoke fill his lungs, and the nicotine reach his head. He got a heightened sense of things as the cravings left, and he slowly exhaled. The smoke billowed out lazily, drifting towards the cold pavement. The cold stone wall he leaned against sent chills through his thin t-shirt. His long, lanky legs were wrapped in tight jeans, which were cut at the knees, as was the style. While not well built, he was toned, giving the outlines of muscles. His brown hair was cut short, showing off his bright blue eyes. His mouth was in a thin, long smile, which gave him quite a deranged look. He looked up at the clouds suspended in the night sky, behind which was a full moon, he knew. His right hand reached up and grabbed the cigarette there, pulling it out for a moment. His left hand deftly fiddled with a small coin.

Just then, he seemed to blur, as he shifted. When the blurring stopped, he was on all fours, in the shape of a white wolf. His grey-blue hair was silver tipped, and his sleek powerful body seemed to shimmer in the darkness. He bounded off then, powerful legs propelling him forward through the crowded alleys. He stopped momentarily, sniffing the air for life. He caught a scent and looked forward, further into the catacomb of alleyways. He moved forward more slowly now, his nose to the ground, picking up a trail. He reached a small crossway of alleys, and looked into the darkness. He saw them there; a spirit, a man, and a woman. But there was more than that, and his eyes darted to the rooftop. Another person, male. But no, this was no man. He sniffed the air. Vampire, he thought, A dire convergence indeed...

He stepped into the shadows, and slowly melded back. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack off cigarettes. He tamped one out on his thumb, and stuck it in his mouth. A lighter was out and it slightly illuminated the alley as he lit it up and held it near his face. He stepped forward, then, while simultaneously reaching into his pocket to pull out a coin, which he began moving from knuckle to knuckle. He walked out of the shadows and walked into the alley, where the clouds had cleared and allowed the moon to shine through. His blue eyes melded, shifting to a bright silver.

"The name's Wolfe, and mind if I ask what's going on here?"
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:32 pm

Mikhos downed yet another shot of Vodka. It helped keep the yellow from his eyes. He didn't feel like transforming. Ever, for that matter. The weirdest form of Lycanthropy, too. He turned into a werewolf every night. The only thing was that he was still very much a humanoid, too. But he could hear the transforming in the air.
Great. Hope it can't smell me. The alcohol reeks. Maybe that's enough to hide my scent.
But still enough, the alcohol was getting to his veins. Mikhos stood up, rubbing his Topaz eyes. He went to the bathroom. Even he couldn't avoid having to piss all the time when he drank. He washed his hands, then fixed his long red bangs in the mirror.
It was about time he headed home.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:59 pm

Anarak sat at the bar, He had been drinkking with the same woman for half an hour now. His next victim assuming she was the type for one night stands. the girl stood and turned to leave the bar swaying as she stood, Anarak grnned his pointed teeth flashing momentarily "Allow me to walk you home?" the girl swayed and nodded Anarak took her arm and walked with her, keeping her standing.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghosting on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:35 am

“That will make things a bit easier for me” muttered Elysia as she took on a more relaxed stance and flashed a quick smile at Alastor. Hiding her hands up the long sleeves of her over coat Elysia walked closer to Alastor the same cold wind that blew moments before caressing long her hair. “I believe your name is Alastor and you see spirits, am I correct?” she asked as she stopped before him, quickly glancing over his form and then letting her green eyes wander over the rest of the alley. Though somewhat more relaxed than she had been moments before Elysia was still rather tense and paranoid, her eyes alert and her hands up her sleeves rather conveniently placed right next to the hidden daggers hidden within them.

Without waiting for a reply Elysia blinked and turned, the hairs on the back of her neck raising and her hands taking a better grip on the daggers. Someone was there with them; she could feel their presence brushing against hers yet what ever the presence was it wasn’t human nor was it a ghost. Looking up to the skyline Elysia shuddered as she felt someone else approach, its presence slightly different from the one before. As Elysia started to internally scold herself for not realizing the presences approaching sooner she was disturbed by noise of someone lighting them selves a cigarette, body tensing Elysia tuned to the source of the noise a sense of bewilderment coming over her as she heard the introduction of the being called Wolfe as he stepped out of the shadows.

Elysia stared at Wolfe of a moment, her emerald eyes once more alighting as her interest peaked. She felt his presence more than ever now, small details about his wolf form finding a way into her head and eventually forming a picture for her, a small smile tugging at her face as she found herself commenting on how one of the nicer wolf forms she had seen over the years. “Other than meeting interesting new people nothing much” replied Elysia cheerily, her exact thoughts hidden as she pretended to be oblivious.

Ghosting
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowQueen on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:42 am

Hikaru had sat at the bar for a long time and was growing bored in this dump.

What else am I supposed to do? It's not exactly a hotbed of fun here, she thought.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a man talking to a woman sitting next to him. When he flashed his fangs, she groaned inwardly, even more so when the woman followed him anyway. Being a vampire herself, she knew what he was up to. Either the woman was too drunk or too damn stupid to realize what he was. Hikaru turned toward the barkeep, gave him some money (even though she didn't drink anything), and quickly left, following the 'love birds'.

When she caught up with them, Hikaru stood in front of the two, her green eyes looking at the male vampire as she spoke.

"Willing to share?" she said with a smirk, hoping to catch him off guard.

ShadowQueen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 am

"ah ... Ever am I willing to share with a sister of the night? you may take her first if you wish." Anarak smiled and offered out the girl to the stranger. The woman looked confused back and forth between them almost scared "I am Anarak, And it has been long since I have seen another."

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:26 am

Mikhos fixed his silver belt buckle, readjusted his brown leather jacket. He could feel the call inside of him- he needed to get outdoors before he transformed, or there'd be a man-wolf in the restroom. He walked out, catching Anarak out of the corner of his eye. He knew that one. A rather intelligent vampire, that one was. They had always been regulars at this place- Anarak for victims, and Mikhos to try and drown the calling of his inner wolf with alcohol.
But he was almost afraid to go outside. The other lycan was outside. And Mikhos didn't want to risk a confrontation with any surly vampire, lycans, or spirits tonight, nor any night. He just wanted to get the whole transforming for the night over with, head home, and hopefully catch a few hours of sleep before his alarm clock told him to get ready for morning police duty again.
One wouldn't think Mikhos was a cop. With his skinny body, you'd think he was a track runner, or acrobat. He just considered himself lucky that he was never assigned night duty.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowQueen on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:48 am

Hikaru smiled at the gentleman as she took the woman in her arms. She closed her eyes for a moment, listening to the woman's erratic breathing and insane heartbeat as if her body was trying in vain to find out what was going on.

"For the record, Anarak," Hikaru said to him, "you need to work on your pick-up lines." She laughed softly, still trying to calm his victim down. Leaning downward towards the woman's ear, she tenderly whispered, "It's alright miss. I'm not going to hurt you."

Hikaru turned her attention back to the other vampire. A gentle wind had started to blow, making her black & red striped hair move in the breeze.

"The name is Hikaru. I'd shake your hand but - " She silently motioned to the soon-to-be victim.

What am I doing!? I'm supposed to help this lady, not kill her! she thought. On the other hand, it's not that often that I have to turn down a meal... It had been nearly three nights since she had last fed; Hikaru was already losing control.

God, forgive me for what I am about to do, Hikaru silently prayed. She tilted the woman's face towards hers and stared into her light-brown eyes. Despite her drunkeness, she was stunning, especially in this evening light. Ever so slowly, Hikaru bent her head down until her lips were mere inches from hers. The woman swallowed hard and closed her eyes, probably thinking that she was going to be kissed. Instead, Hikaru silently moved towards her neck where her living nectar was. Her lips were pressed gently on her flesh; in one swift movement, her fangs sunk into the neck, lapping up her life source. She could feel the victim's grip tighten around her waist as she continued. It wasn't long before Hikaru released her grip and turned her toward Anarak.

"I'm done I suppose," Hikaru said, wiping the excess from the corners of her mouth. "I'd like to know more about you, but I can wait."

ShadowQueen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:23 pm

"oh I suppose you would have to wait, you seem as though you have not fed regularly, is all well?" anarak inquired before sinking his fangs into the girls neck, Usually anarak would not have offered the victim to another but this one seemed different. Feelling his own power grow as the life of the woman diminished Anarak breathed in once more the scent of her fear, and released her, his apetite was not quite to it's usual, the girl would probably live to tell her tale, taking mercy and saving her embaressment, Anarak made a quick snap with his hands and the woman went limp, her neck broken "you want to help me dispose of the body, or are you going to feed and run?"

Hikaru seemed different a step away from normal vampirism, Anarak's reached up and pushed his hair Crimson colored hair out of his eye's.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:37 pm

Wolfe smile a genuinely charming smile. He stepped forward out of the darkness, into the moonlit center of the alley. He inhaled deep on his cigarette, then pulled it out. He let the smoke drift around his head, giving him an ethereal appearance. He let out the smoke in his mouth, tilting his head back and pushing it out, giving him a silhouette that almost made him look like he was howling, and it was no coincidence. He flicked the cigarette onto the ground, then put his foot on it. He looked over at them.

"Well, this would be a dire convergence indeed. A Vampire, if I'm not mistaken, and two humans? Or am I mistaken?" He laughed, the sound rich and light, and shook his head. "It is rare my nose cannot tell exactly. But nothing would be as it seems. I, of course, am a werewolf." After this his eyes shifted directly on Marek, "And I have no problem with feeding, it's just for some reason I feel as if that's not all. No, this is something much more. But do I reveal all I should? Or should I reveal all? The former is most assuredly the more important question, so you have to ask how you feel. Do you think I am not revealing enough, and that I'm something much more as well, making this gathering even more fateful?" He still wore that comforting, charismatic smile, and turned then, facing the dark alleys. He sniffed the air, picking up various scents. "I don't know what it is, but there is something in the air, and it speaks death." He turned with a shrug. "But what do I know, unless I'm not revealing all?"

He could be a bit of a cantankerous bastard, and he knew it, but he would always win them over. Underneath that arrogant, disdainful overshell there always lay that simple, happy-go-lucky personality that somehow shone through. He always won their trust, though rarely earned it. It was his smile; those large white teeth, slightly pointed canines, that somehow were always overlooked. And those eyes. They were bestial, wild, and uncontrolled, but also, in a weird way, were soft, and shielding, like a protective blanket, smothering those in danger. They were his two sides, one that of a beast, one of a boy in a man's body.

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowQueen on Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:33 am

"I'll help you with the body," Hikaru said as she took the woman in her arms. "After all, I owe you, Anarak."

They found an abandoned home and went inside. Hikaru looked at the woman, her eyes still slightly open.

'Forgive me,' she thought. 'I promised you no pain and yet...'

Hikaru set her down on the floor, clasped her hands together as if in prayer, and focused her attention on the woman. Suddenly, white and black flames engulfed the body for only a few moments; when the flames vanished, the corpse had vanished along with it. She turned towards Anarak.

"After I became a vampire, I tried to learn some sort of defensive magic, but the only thing I could learn were a few spells with fire. I think I did pretty good just now, don't you?" she said with a bit of a grin. At this point, Hikaru took a long look at Anarak. She had no idea how long this man had lived, but there was no denying that he was strikingly handsome, especially with his crimson hair. Hikaru walked up closer to the other vampire with a smile. She couldn't help but think about how handsome he was: despite the fact that baring his fangs was rather cheezy (for lack of a better word), she liked the way he smiled. Her thoughts would have continued until she realized that he was probably reading her mind. Immediately, Hikaru cleared her throat.

"As for your previous question," she continued, hoping she didn't notice the start of a blush creeping into her face, "I have fed, but it's been nearly three days. I've been very tired lately, but maybe I'm picky when I choose who to feed from." She sighed and stretched her arms for a moment before continuing.

"Like you, I haven't seen a vampire in quite some time; at least, not since my Creator died a few years ago. It's pretty boring here when you're living by yourself. What about you?"

ShadowQueen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Watching the female Vampire Anarak re-assesed the situation, Anarak stared into the youth-full Vampires eye's and noticed a kindness, the same Kindness he saw before she had drank her fill, It was a weakness, But an attractive one. pushing his hair back again. His ruby Eye's glinted with confusion, The woman was sending mixed messages, She was on the defensive Hiding something if you will. "magic is Innate to some vampire's, and completely blocked out to others, we are much like Humans in that aspect, although they choose to ignore the power at their fingertips." anarak finished with a growl conjuring up a small bubble of illusion to case the remaining bones and ashes of the victim in. " I did not hurt her by the way, Her death was a mercy. If I had left her alive she would have told some one and be put under scrutiny for the remainder of her days. Her death was quick as well, not painfull, she will sleep peacefully where-ever she has gone." Anarak relaxed a little he felt comfortable here with this girl or Hikaru rather. smiling he sat back in a corner, "Might as well stay here here for the night?" the tension visibly drained from anarak

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowQueen on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:05 am

"I agree," Hikaru replied. "By the way, I'm 23 in human years - at least, that's how old I was when I became a vampire. It wasn't like I had a lot of options either: I was lying on the ground slowly dying after being stabbed by someone I thought cared about me."

The memory still haunted her soul; she silently winced at the scar she now bore near her heart. She continued.

"Anyway, that's when I saw my Creator, who was actually a piano teacher I knew. He revealed the truth about who he was and, in order to save myself, I 'turned over' as some people would say."

Hikaru frowned slightly at Anarak's comment about the woman.

"I understand your point. The first time I've really killed a victim was when I met an elderly woman one evening. She said she knew what I truly was and begged me to end her life. As a matter of fact, I believe it was the first time I fed. Anyway, she told me about how she was abused and something about a disease she suffered from; the poor thing said her doctor told her she only had about two more months to live, but she wanted to go ahead and end it. I remember how happy she looked after I fed - it was almost calm, as if she wanted to say 'thank you' but the words never escaped her lips."

Hikaru sighed and sat down, her faded blue jeans quickly gathering dust. Anarak had moved his hair again, giving her the opprotunity to glance at his eyes.

"Ruby eyes," she said to him, still admiring him. "I've never seen such eyes before. They're so unique: I love them. Your hair color, too: they're both stunning." A faint blush crept across her face, though whether he could see it or not she was unsure. Maybe the moonlight made them more luminous - or it could have been her eyes playing tricks on her - but there was something about this Anarak that she wanted.

Either that or I'm just desprate for company, she mused to herself. Another thought suddenly entered the fray. But could it be that I'm already falling for him so soon?

ShadowQueen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby corey mikman on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:07 pm

ooc: If there is a rule against me being a mage please just say so and ill change it. Thanks

Corey walked through the dark streets casually. His tall lean form casting a long slender shadow into the street. The occasional person who passed by would look at him with a stunned and confused expression when they saw is appearence. He had snow white hair and was very pale. He wore tight leather pants with studded straps that where placed at uneven intervals down his legs and he wore a leather vest with spikes over the shoulders and instead of buttons he head straps that held it closed. He stood out like a sore thumb mainly because this town had very few gothic people in it and he was one of those few.

He turned into little home which was actually abandoned but he still lived there for now at least. He walked in only to end up quite suprised to find two people in it already. "Um .... Hello?" He stood there rather confused as he watched the two wondering why they where in his house.

corey mikman
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KooriTheSneak on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:40 pm

ooc: SORRY EVERYONE I WAS AWAY!!! THANKS FOR ALL OF THE POSTS! MAGES ARE OKAY AS LONG AS IT'S NOT TOO DRAMATIC I.E. NO EXTREME MAGIC

"My," thought Alastor "this one is strange." He turned and glanced at the boy. Pale. White Hair. Vest. Tight Pants. Wow.
Alastor began to notic other things. This encounter with the girl had turned into quite the little get together. He could feel a stare beating on him. This was the most encounters he's had for one night.
"You still seem a little tense. But you see them too, don't you?" Alastor said to the girl.
He turned to the boy. "I would get out of here if I were you."
Last edited by KooriTheSneak on Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KooriTheSneak
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby corey mikman on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:16 pm

ooc: Okay i wont. And i forgot to add this my guy has a emo haircut.

Laughed out loud when the man had told him to leave. "Sir, You where the one who came into my house. You should be the one leaving" He smiled showing abnormaly white teeth that seemed to give off a shine of there own. He looked at the two people wondering why they seemed diffrent. He took a few steps farther into the house so that he was only about 5 feet away from the man and woman.

corey mikman
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.