Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Intro

a topic in The Legend Continues, a part of the RPG forum.

Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend was planned to be syndicated as an actual animated series. Talk about and organize it here.

Intro

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:43 am

Destruction, chaos, death, those were all that were left after the three way battle at Space Station Libra. There was no clear winner, everyone had lost more than they intended to, more lives, more Mobile Suits. At the end of the battle the last chunk of Libra was vaporized by the Wing Zero and thus died any chance that White Fang had of victory. White Fang, the Treize Faction and the Gundam Pilots had all battled to the bitter end and in that end, there was noting but pained silence.

No victor rose form the wreckage, no great man stepped forward to proclaim an everlasting peace between the Colonies and Earth. All that came out of the battle was death and the Earth Sphere Unified Nation, a nation that would provide a chance of everlasting peace. But that was not so, for within a year there was war once again. The daughter of Lord Treize Kushranada and niece to the real Trowa Barton, used Colony LXG-18999 as a stronghold. She declared independence from the Earth Sphere Unified Nation and declared war on the Nation at the same time. Once again there was a need for soldiers and a need for Mobile Suits.

The Marimayia incident didn’t last long at all, a matter of days at the most and once again, there was peace. But still, no great leader stepped forward, there was nothing to ensure the everlasting peace. But this time, it was a longer period, three years. Three years of peace, no wars between nations, no wars between Colonies, and no wars between the Earth and the Colonies. But, as always, there would be another war, for as long as there were Humans, there would be war. Lord Milliardo Peacecraft set about construction of a powerful Mobile Suit and suddenly there was a rush by every nation on Earth and the Colonies to arm themselves, to make armies of their own, to battle against any threat that might loom over the horizon. And so, our story begins, three years after the final war, three years after the destruction of the Gundams at the hands of the Gundam Pilots, three years after peace that was supposed to last forever.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:40 pm

Here's the Genesis script that I had written, though I wrote it in a hurried manner.

With high expectations Human beings left earth to begin new lives in space colonies. However, the United Earth Sphere Alliance gained great military powers and soon seized control of one colony after another, in the name of justice and peace.

The year was After Colony 195, the beginning of Operation Meteor.

In a move to counter the Alliances tyranny, rebel citizens of certain colonies schemed to bring new arsenals to the Earth, disguising them as shooting stars. However, the Alliance headquarters caught on to the operation...

Five shooting stars went to Earth, each sharing the same destiny, and each would change the course of history for mankind.

At the end of an involved battle, their sole revolutionary leader, Treize Khushrenada, took on the task of closing the curtains of an era, and died in battle. That gave birth to the Earth Sphere Unified Nation.

After Colony 196. No military weapons remain in the Earth Sphere. However, as mankind exists, there will always be battles.

After Colony 197. Peace has returned to the people. Weapons known as mobile suits, including the Gundams, were never seen again.

After Colony 199. Three years have passed since the events that rid the world of combat-oriented mobile suits. Milliardo Peacecraft has once again denounced his namesake, and has used his private wealth and resources to reproduce all mobile suits. He makes a speech stating that his actions were for the good of man, to satiate the human desires.

As long as mankind exists, there will always be battles.

The Earth Sphere and the Colonies are still at peace. National conflict is now resolved through long, drawn-out, often never-ending verbal battles. However, personal conflict and crime still exist.

Some choose to fight back by forming factions to pool the resources of many to support the action of a few.

Some choose to fight back individually by approaching those with conflicting views and killing them by hand, blade, or bullet.

Some of the more wealthy choose to dedicate themselves to obtaining mobile suits, by either creating their own or purchasing those that are newly produced. This group of people has become an elite group, as very few can collect the necessary amount of credit to secure a mobile suit on their own.

Some even choose to follow the legacy left behind by such legends as Treize Khushrenada, Chang Wufei, Zechs Marquise, and even Heero Yuy, and begin to once again take up arms simply to feel alive.

By the way. Anyone have a voice like the English narrator?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:17 pm

I like it, think its better than mine......though originally mine started out as a narration by Val, don't exactly know who I ended up with an Intro.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:35 pm

English as in NA or UK? I could do it if you really wanted me too. Just need to wait until the swelling from my tongue stud goes down.

Zeke
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:21 pm

I believe he means North American.....but that's just my guess I don't recall the GW announcer having an English accent......but I don't see any reason why we can't at least give it a shot

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:55 pm

I think what Eric means is does anyone have a voice like the voice that did the narration on the dubbed version of Gundam W.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:55 pm

Yeah, alright. I'll give it a shot if he wants me too. Just, still got a little bit of a lisp is all.

Zeke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:10 pm

I suppose that is the script in progress, then.

I'm still waiting on the promo script from Kiyoshi (no rush), but I do believe what I've added to the series text could be considered the opening lines for Episode 1. Which would include the following:
The year is After Colony 199. Three years have passed since the events that rid the world of combat-oriented mobile suits. Milliardo Peacecraft has once again denounced his namesake, and has used his private wealth and resources to reproduce all mobile suits. He makes a speech stating that his actions were for the good of man, to satiate the human desires. As long as mankind exists, there will always be battles.

You're welcome to edit this as you see fit, but that's the general idea. All potential narrators should use this as their script.

Yes, a North American voice. It'd be slightly awkward doing it in Japanese, however true it would be. A UK accent wouldn't fit at all.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karaudu on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:38 pm

I do acting so I might be able to help in some way, I can do particular accents if i'm given perhaps a little source material behind it.

Karaudu
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:46 pm

I can provide audio samples in the future. Not right now, though. Soon.

Your best bet is to grab the Gundam Wing box set.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:04 am

I have the entire series downloaded. o_O; If anyone's willing to leave AIM for an hour, I could send them an episode; around 29; the entire episode is narrator.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:57 am

I would, but I don 'ave AIM.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:09 am

Gabriel Faile wrote:I would, but I don 'ave AIM.

Well then shut the fuck up. Jesus.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.