Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Multiverse

Introducing Dav

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Introducing Dav

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:17 am

Crouching on his haunches high above the city Dav looks down with his shaggy black bangs falling into his eyes. He rubs a hand through the short shaven sides of his head. He looked down at the gloves he was wearing. The pointer, pinky and thumb fingers were cut off on both hands. Better accuracy with a bow. He rested his wrists upon his bent knees and looks again down at the city, it had become his playground. A small smile struck upon his lips as he tapped the silver extendable bo staff in the holster upon his right thigh. As he raised himself to his feet the black catsuit stretched out to tighten upon his natural muscles.

The suit went from his feet up to his the bottom of his head and was totally black. The gloves he wore went up to his elbows, but it looked like they eventually faded into the suit. He had a silver belt with a few different compartments upon them and a gas mask style face piece hung off of it. The buckle was as silver as the rest of the belt and the staff with two little half circles inside the circle it made when it was closed, as well as two little half circles inside that (looks just like Deadpool's belt, but silver). The bo staff was upon his left thigh, and hung on his back was a quiver full of specialized arrows that he bought from a friend in the business of technology and a compact bow.

Dav looked around again anxiously. He reached down and pulled off the mask, it was black and covered only his nose and mouth with three lines to breath through on it, the one in the middle being the longest. He placed it on before reaching back and removing and arrow and his bow. There was a rope attached to the end which was also attached to his belt. He pulled back the string as tight as he could before closing his left eye and letting the arrow fly. It dug deeply into the wall above a massive window with many people scurrying about. Dav's eyes glinted as he smiled below the mask. He slung the bow back over his back and dove off. The rope shrunk as he flew downwards toward the window. He brought his feet up together as he exploded through the window. The arrow let go and landed back into his quiver as he stopped. He landed with his right leg bent, his left leg extended and his right hand upon the floor with his left hand out.

Dav quickly jumped to his feet and pulled off the bow and drew out another arrow with a green tip before launching it towards a large metal door. The tip broke into four little pieces as they hit strategic places upon the safe door. There was a loud explosion as the door dropped off as he did a cartwheel to the right. Dav stopped before pulling out the bo staff and extending it and drawing the blades. He spun around and began to cut up bank employees.

When Dav was done, the room was covered in blood. He couldn't help but wonder where security was. He stuffed the staff back into the holster as there was a rattling at the door. Dav spun around and dropped to one knee. By the time he was steady the bow was out it was aimed and three arrows were drawn. Two guards sprung into the room with their guns drawn and Dav let the string go. Two of the three arrows embedded themselves in the chest of the guards and the third one destroyed the security camera above the door.

He couldn't help but smile as he stood up and casually walked over to the vault.

"Barely even broke a sweat..."
He picked up six sacks of hundred dollar bills, he estimated at about ten thousand dollars a bag, enough to bank roll his operation as well as enough to keep him living.

Dav wandered back to the broken window and did a front flip out of it with his legs extended. He disappeared into the cloud of smog covering the lower half of the city.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:07 am

As dawn broke Dav was already up. He sat in the kitchen of his seventy-first story penthouse and read the paper as he drank his morning coffee. He was front page news. No photograph. Just the title: 15 Dead At the Bank of Necropolis. He couldn't help but smile a little to himself. It was a good job, no witnesses and no photographs, although he was certain that those few minutes with the security camera on would cost him. He would probably have to move, but he liked living on the edge.

He set the paper down on the counter as he finished the coffee. Then he moved into his room with intentions of getting dressed. As always he put a loose fitting suit over top of his costume. He also pulled out his check book and started off towards his door.

He took the elevator to the roof, where his car was parked and slipped into the vehicle before lowering the engines to the level the needed to be to descend him into the airways.

He pulled the car to a stop in the parking garage at the top of the bank before making his way downwards, it was time to withdraw some of his money, in check form.

The line was short as he entered the vault room. It always was, so he started up to the nearest teller.

"Good morning sir, do you have your laser ID card?"

"Of course I do."
Dav replied holding it up. He then quickly inserted it into the small hole beside her on the desk.
"Okay, Mr. Tristram, what can I do for you today?"

"I would like to make a withdrawal please."

"And for how much?"

"Six hundred thousand, divided up equally into six checks please."

"Of course. Just a moment Mr. Tristram. - Since you wish to withdraw such a massive amount I am going to need a retinal scan, please look into the eye piece to your left."
Dav looked to his left and bent over to look into it. There was a quick flash of light and he pulled himself back up to his proper height.
"All right Mr. Tristram. Here you go. Is this your usual Monday routine?"
Dav smiled and nodded to her. She handed him the one of the checks.
"I'll make sure these five get to good charities."

"Thank you very much."
Dav replied as he started on his way out again. Time to go see his supplier.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Tancer on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 am

Tancer had spotted his mark. Waiting by the door, He had heard a large number withdrawn. He watched Dav walk to the door to open it.
Waiting on the other side, the place he had relocated to, he made his move.
Casually bumping into Dav, He began the well orchestrated dance.
"oh, Sorry, My fault." He steadied Dav by grabbing onto his shoulder and dusted him off. His lightning quick hands running through his pockets, Finding that small slip of paper.

"Jackpot." Tancer thought, As he turned to leave. Unaware that Dav was more then the average rich guy and might have felt the speed probing.
"I smash my head against the wall
Dark moments, go go!
I got a pain, and no one knows
It's so wicked in every way" - The fair sex

Drake Tancer
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:18 pm

Dav smiled at the man and adjusted his blazer and looked the man up and down. A little more scrubby than the rest. He probably needed the money he stole from Dav, but he also needed a thumb print these days. It was no longer the 21st century.

"It's no trouble, I assure you."

As the man turned to walk away Dav grabbed his wrist and yanked him around the corner almost causing him to loose his balance, Dav then shoved him against the wall out of the public's eye.

He reached behind him and pulled out a small switchblade. An antique. Though still razor sharp and it was against the thief's neck.

"You know, I could kill you right here and never get caught, but since you opted to rob me in a bank. In daylight. I would assume you need this. So I'll give you an opportunity to earn it."

He put away the switchblade and let the young hooligan up as he took the piece of paper out of his pocket and took one out of his pocket.

"I need some supplies picked up. Here is the name and the address. Deliver them to me and I'll give you double this amount. My address is also on it. I want that equipment by dusk. Drop my name and they won't kill you. It's Dav."

He re-adjusted himself as well as his tie. He smiled to the thief and combed his hair back and headed toward the. He smiled at the kid as he stuck his hand into his pocket with a wealthy smile.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Tancer on Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:59 pm

Tancer straightened his own leather trench out. No shirt underneath, Just his trench was all he wore. He looked at the paper, Then shoved it in his pocket.
He turned his back at first to walk away, But something stopped him. Turning back his gave him a sharp smirk. "Well,Dav, It was nice meeting you. My name is Tancer." He ended with a large smile, Showing off his pearly whites. Over exaggerated, It was a sarcastic smile. His face changed to more serious one then, Money now influencing his emotions.
"I'll have your gear in a flash." He snapped his fingers, A small spark of of that dark purple electricity forming for a moment, Then it quietly faded away with a whispered crackle.

Drake Tancer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:28 pm

He smiled at Tancer's enthusiasm as the doors to the elevator closed. The little mechanical box ascended into the parking garage.

Dav got out with his hand in his pocket smiling. He couldn't help but think to himself that maybe he wouldn't have to kill this one, but if he did, he would do it as a wolf. It had been along time since he changed voluntarily.

Sliding into the Bueek he engaged the laser safety belt over his shoulder and started it up.

Making his way back to his penthouse he wondered what he would do if the kid succeeded. Maybe send him on another errand, perhaps making him a messenger. It was a dangerous business he was in.

He kept his mind open about the possibilities while still ravaging the idea of tearing his throat out with his bared fangs. That made Dav smile a little, an evil sadistic grin as he opened the door to his home.

He removed the blazer and his knife twirling it around a little bit before slipping it onto the counter. He pulled off the tie and unbuttoned the shirt before dropping onto his couch. Dav crossed his legs and smiled to himself waiting.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Tancer on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:29 pm

There was an impatiant knock on Dav's door, Alot sooner then he had ever suspected.
Outside stood a cocky Tancer, A large black duffle bag laying next to his feet. It only took him 25 minutes, What Dav had to do in about 40 to an hour, travel time included.
The purple haired, petty thief had taken a peak in the bag on the way over. He found alot of the stuff was labeled "CyberByte". This was the most advanced tech & weapon compeny in the entire world. Also the richest.
He tapped his feet a few times before knocking again. This time even more hurried.

Drake Tancer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:39 pm

Dav walked casually up to the door smiling. It could only be one person. Dav didn't get company. He was a solitary creature. So when he pulled the door open he was not surprised to see Tancer standing there.

He stepped back motioning for the thief to come in. He shut the door gently behind him and walked over to the kitchen counter where he has two glasses of white wine sitting there.

He stepped behind the counter and picked up both and offered Tancer one.

"Leave the bag on the table to your right and come have a glass of wine."
When Tancer made his way over to Dav he took a light drink of the sparkling liquid.
"I must say, I am impressed. Not only with your ability to do the job, but also your speed."
He reached into his coat and dropped a bundle of money on the counter.
"Two hundred thousand. I will make it five should you decide to do this on a regular basis for me."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Tancer on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:12 pm

"Hmm, Sounds like a good gig." He crossed his arm's, Just holding the wine, not bothering to drink any.
"It sounds good, Count me in, Dav."
Tancer's attention was drawn to the T.V. that had been accidently left on. He could only make out the tittle before Dav turned it off. 'Cyberbyte bites back at bandits'
Tancer didn't think much of it, Though those bandits where the people he had just spoken to only a half hour ago. The huge tech compeny would be 'extracting' the infomation on where the stolen goods where. When no addresses or working numbers would come up, They would go to visual memory, The images from the security cam would certanly help them in their cause. One, Getting their tech back and two, making sure it was never stolen again.

Drake Tancer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:43 pm

Dav couldn't help but smile to himself as Tancer accepted the job. He finished the wine and tossed Tancer a phone while pushing him towards the door, not by force, but by casually stepping forward in his personal space causing him to back up.
"Keep a hold of this. I'll be calling."
He smiled as he spoke and then swung a glance outside through one of his floor to ceiling windows. It was getting dark, and the full moon was almost out. This sent Dav into almost a panic. It had completely slipped his mind that the full moon was tonight.
Doing his best to keep calm while wiping the sweat from his forehead he tried to hurry Tancer along.

"Now, if you shall excuse me Tancer, I have things that I must do."
With that, he actually pushed Tancer out the door and slammed it shut. He turned around, beginning to feel his body pulsing. He then walked up to the window and threw open a window real quick. He then moved back to the center of the room and threw off his shirt and pants leaving him in the black cat suit that he used in the evenings.

Dav suddenly dropped to his knees and clutched his head. He could feel the hair beginning to grow over his body. The bones in his jaw and lower skull began to crack causing him intense pain as they began to form a snout. His teeth began to grow and his wrists and knees began to bend the wrong way, expelling ear piercing cracks. Dav tried to scream, but it came out in a muffled howl. The man began to growl as his spine began to stretch and break the skin developing a tail. He snarled and howled. The transformation was complete.

The wolf known as Dav began to run towards the open window and pounced out, beginning an evening of death and terror.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Tancer on Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:18 pm

Tancer had just finished exiting the building when the howl cought his attention.
"Nah, Some asshole with a loud T.V. and a horror movie."

Quickly dissmissing the howl as nothing more then that, He began his trek back to the seedy motel he was staying at. One of the few that wasn't sophisticated enough to spot his fake I.D.
He looked up at the moon, A smile curling his lips.
"Ah, Soon your day will come, Tancer." He said to noone.

He failed to notice the black van trailing him. Dark tinted windows gave no idea of the driver.

Drake Tancer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:57 pm

The sun broke Dav's window awaking him from a deep sleep, almost trance like. He was laying on his couch, naked and all he could taste was blood in his mouth. Not his.

He raised his head and looked down at his body, blood was down the top of his chest and all over his hands. All the blood was dried by this point. He blinked and looked himself over again, now realizing what had happened.

He rose to his feet shaking his head making his way into the washroom.

"I have to get this under control, or I'll be caught and that doesn't exactly fit into my plans."
He started up the shower, as warm as the water would go before stepping in. He placed his hand against the back wall and let the water splash over him. It was comforting. Changing into a wolf does nothing but knot ones muscles.

After the shower he dressed himself in a nice casual suit. Grey with silver pin stripes and a red long sleeve t-shirt.

"Now what to do with this day?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.