Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Introducing myself...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Introducing myself...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Hey guys!

Well... I hate introductions, really, but it's the polite thing to do so I'm going to do my best.

My experience in role playing is, well... Forum role playing. Which is really okay because I like to RP more for the story itself than for the fun of going off to battle. haha.
I played a board Rpg with my brothers a couple of times (D&D system). And that's the extent of my role playing knowledge.
So, yeah... I'm pretty much a newbie.

About myself... Well... I'm 21, I'm writing a book (medieval fantasy), I practice archery and I play guitar and write songs.
I live in a town called Porto Alegre in Brazil.

I think wolves are cool.
I love knives, swords and shurikens.
If I have that choice, in games I'm almost always an assassin.
If anyone knows a game where I can do that and is newbie-friendly feel free to send me a message.

Okay. That was a little about me...

I hope to have fun and learn a little more about RP.
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Re: Introducing myself...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Hiya! Its great to have you here at RPG. We have a wide variety of roleplays here, and I'm sure you'll find everything you need. We take newbies in all the time <3 Its our job here to make sure that you get help, support, and hopefully learn a thing or two. That's what us dark-blue people are, we are known as Mentors. Oh me and my manners.. I'm Relic (Rel, Relly, Artifact.. I have tons of nicknames) and I'm usually found on the chat part of our amazing website. While I'm at it, here's a wonderful list of helpful links to get you started around here!

RPG Rules
Help
Newbie Guide to RPG
Guide to Chat
Role Play Academy

As far as roleplaying goes, I love assassins, and wolves as well! If you want to RP some time, just drop me a line - PM me. :3 If you have any trouble roleplaying, or getting used to the site (Yes, it is confusing!) I'll always be here to help <3 I hope to see you around on the forums and the chat!

-Relic

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Symphony
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:19 pm

Wooooo!

Welcome to the website, Blackbird! Reading through your introduction topic, the things that stuck out to me the most were the bits about you taking archery, and being interested and swords and stuff. I don't think I've met anyone who seriously arches. I've also never met anyone who loves swords and things -- which is a shame because I've always had a secret passion for the things since I was but a wee child, swinging sticks at trees in the forest.

Aside from that, anyways, my name is Sato (ViceVersus) and I'm a moderator, and designer here at RolePlayGateway! You've already met one of our friendly mentors, and from her message you've probably got a general idea of what we're about here (that is, if you read through her links -- which I suggest you do!)

The point is that if you love writing, roleplay, community, and everything associated therein, then this is the place to be! We're glad to have you -- pleased as punch, even.

Hey, I lied. Another thing that stuck out to me was that you live in Brazil. I'm always obsessed with learning cultural things from people (I'm Nepali, but was adopted into America when I was 8-months old) and you could say the urge is rather deep-seeded. Maybe I'll hit you up sometime, and you can tell me something about what it's like to live there?

Well, I think that about wraps up my ramble.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to let me know!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Thank you guys for the welcome.
I had already started checking the guides before I posted this, but... It's mostly because I'm just THAT much of a nerd. lol

Relic: Thanks for the links. I actually had missed the Guide to Chat and Help section. Will surely have a look. My book pretty much revolves around assassins, and wolves too in a way. So... yeah, I pretty much love them.

ViceVersus: If you want to know about Brazil, archery or whatever else, you can pm me anytime.
About my love for blades and other sharp objects, well... I can't really explain that. I just like them. Archery too, although I started practicing as research for my book. I simply fell in love with it.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!