Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Introducing RPG Achievements

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Introducing RPG Achievements

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:25 pm

After almost 12 years of work, we've finally done it.

Some of you may have noticed a notification that you've never seen before — that's because it's new! We've recently completed testing of RPG Achievements, a new form of recognition for our users' efforts.

Let's take a look.

RPG Achievements
With the new notification system comes the ability for RPG to automatically issue one-time "medals" for notable accomplishments, such as the "Greeter" medal, rewarded for responding to 10 or more threads in the Welcome Forum.

These medals are displayed on your profile page and underneath your name in various places around the site, commemorating your efforts to make RolePlayGateway into the friendly, supportive community that has fostered so many professional writers and created so many original works of fiction.

Certain achievements come with new abilities not otherwise available, such as the "Conversationalist" medal, which grants the ability to send Private Messages to other users. We appreciate all of our members, so we'd like to reward those who put in the effort with additional features that empower them to do even more.

Suggestions? Ideas for an Achievement?
We're taking suggestions for Achievements and Medals, and in concert with our initiative to open-source RolePlayGateway, we encourage you to submit your own ideas. There are a lot of places on RPG that could use some love, so please, don't hesitate to comment!

What's next?
We'll be rolling out new achievements on a regular basis, so keep your eye on the list of medals for new opportunities to earn recognition for your effort. We have some exciting things to announce in the future tied to these achievements, so stay tuned!

— Rem, the ever-present creator of things
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: Introducing RPG Achievements

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:03 am

It needs a way to give the world Creation awards to those that made roleplays before the current system was put in place back when site was just forums.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Kato on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:07 pm

I think a badge for RP longevity would be good. So, if the RP you created is still active after a month, or a year, or whatever time period seems appropriate... you get a medal. For persistence. :D

Or if players write a certain number of posts for a single character (like 50 or 100) they could get one too. That's probably slightly open to abuse though. XD
"Schopenhauer was right, wouldn't you say? Life without pain has no meaning. Gentlemen, I wish to give your lives meaning..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Kato
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Iced Fire wrote:It needs a way to give the world Creation awards to those that made roleplays before the current system was put in place back when site was just forums.

We have conversion tools for this! PM me or message me in the #roleplaygateway channel on Slack and I'll be happy to help.

Kato wrote:I think a badge for RP longevity would be good. So, if the RP you created is still active after a month, or a year, or whatever time period seems appropriate... you get a medal. For persistence. :D

Great idea! I'll take a look at implementing this for us.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby funsunfish on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:07 pm

This is great! i think it was an awesome idea to add acheivements

funsunfish
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LydiaLoftis on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:19 am

Glad to know about your RPG achievements. Thankful to you for this info...Expecting more from you...

LydiaLoftis
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Huh, achievements, that's pretty neat! I'm rather liking the changes to the site. If I think of any ideas for new achievements that could be added, I'll post them here.
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saviarre on Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

What about an achievement for those who have written over 1,000,000 words :)
(thanks for the picture, Mid! I love it!)

Saviarre
Fundraising Hero
Fundraising Hero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Lyysa on Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 am

And something for those who completed a Roleplay they created?
Look alive, Sunshine.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed May 17, 2017 3:50 am

What about retroactivity in general? Like the suggestion of an achievement for a roleplay that's lasted for a set period of time based on a set frequency of activity for "active" status -- if someone had an active roleplay for over a year, even if it's not active anymore, could they still receive the achievement?
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Saviarre wrote:What about an achievement for those who have written over 1,000,000 words :)

Done! This is now the "Millionaire" medal.

Lyysa wrote:And something for those who completed a Roleplay they created?

Another great idea! We've implemented it in the "Completionist" medal.

Keep the good ideas coming!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:08 pm

What about a medal for people who've been a member of the site for a certain amount of time...? I know there's a medal for people who were part of the GWC community before Gateway existed, but what about the people who've been on the site for maybe five years or more at this point? Just a thought.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby harley_q on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:12 am

I love the achievements. I think it's great !

harley_q
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Keystone1 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 am

Really nice and informative post shared here. Thanks for sharing.

Keystone1
Member for 7 years
Tipworthy

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 am

Honestly, this is an excellent idea to make players feel motivated to be a part of this site and encourage them to keep on keep in' on, the idea of medeals as a vanity add-on by itself is already and pretty marvellous idea, but by releasing certain features of the forum specifically to those who deserve it will really make people motivated to become a better member of the community! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!