Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Elementary, my dear Watson!

Introduction

a part of “Elementary, my dear Watson!”, a fictional universe by Nicky.

A Sherlock Holmes Roleplay, set in the victorian age, open for canon and original characters

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Elementary, my dear Watson!”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nicky on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:38 am

I thought, maybe it would be a good idea if every new member tells us a bit about themselves and why they want to play a certain character? ^^; would be nice

So, I'll start. I'm Nicky, I'm 21 years old and a medicine student from Germany. I've been in love with Sherlock Holmes since many years, even before the new takes (Guy Richie, Sherlock, Elementary...) came out. I prefer the original takes like the version with Jeremy Brett or Arthur Wontner, though I also enjoy Basil Rathbone and RDJ. My favourite actors for Holmes and Watson shall forever be Jeremy Brett and David Burke, though ^^ for they are just perfect.

I chose to play Watson and an Irregular, because I needed to start somewhere. I usually am better at playing Holmes, but I thought that he is the most attractive character to play, so many might be sad if he's already taken. So I picked Watson instead. Paul, my little Irregular just popped into my mind :)

I hope all of you will enjoy this roleplay and please, if you have any suggestions or problems feel free to tell me. Or if you want any places to be added. Like we will need a Colonel Moran and he needs to stay somewhere as well, right? So just tell me and I'll set it up.

Enjoy yourselves,
Nicky ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nicky
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:17 am

Hi, I'm Erik. I'm an English student in the USA. I'm a fan of Sherlock Holmes as well, primarily the original stories, the Granada TV series (with Brett and Burke/Hardwicke), and Sherlock. He's been a big influence on my own writing, as I like the way AC Doyle sets up mysteries. They're almost like a proto-hardboiled style, getting to the seamy bits underneath the veneer of Victorian England.

I normally do original RP's, or at least original characters, but I think this could be fun and interesting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Erik7622
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loona on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:44 am

So I'll introduce myself as well :)

I'm Loona (cause Luna as taken) and I'm 16 years old. I fell in love with SH when I watched the RDJ production, but since then I have read almost all of the books by ACD and watched many episodes on YouTube xD
I've not been roleplaying since a long time, so I hope I'll do alright. I picked Lily because I find the Irregulars very interesting and we can pretty much make up everything ourselves while still being able to play in the setting of SH. That's why I joined :D

Loona
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lysander on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi, I'm Aaron and I study psychology.
I find Sherlock Holmes very inspiring because it tells us so much about the everyday life during the victorian times. I also love the writing style a lot, very neutral and without the usual cheesy stuff.
I picked Lestrade because I think in most adaptions he is a rather underrated character, so I will try to put some depth into the little Inspector ;)

Lysander
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anything14 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:25 pm

This seems wickedly intresting XD(I have adored Sherlock since I started reading them in 5th grade XD) (P.S. sorry, computers do not like me T.T)

anything14
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!