Announcements: RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » NaNoWriMo 2020 » Universe of the Week! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Week Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary » The Political Compass » Song Covers » The Truth of Gung Fu » Member Shoutout Thread »

Players Wanted: Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. » The Children of Ash (Multiverse) » Chronicles of Cre' Est Players Wanted! » Forgiveness - Romantic Drama RP, One Role Open! » Adventurers wanted for the Gala-Dor Expedition » Kingsman: International Affairs »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Reaper's Kryptonite

Jackle related questions

a part of “Reaper's Kryptonite”, a fictional universe by amyreinreaper.

Every beautiful rose has it's thorns.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Reaper's Kryptonite”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Jackle related questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amyreinreaper on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:54 pm

This is to help you guys understand more clearly what the Jackles are and what they'll do. So if you have any questions about them, just post it here :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

amyreinreaper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Jackle related questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:33 am

What kind of abilities are Jackles allowed to have? Should they have any repercussions for said abilities?

EDIT: I went ahead and put in some of my own stuff, please let me know if I made anything too powerful or intense.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

X64
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amyreinreaper on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 am

Jackles abilities can range from enhanced speed and reflexes to be able to control someone with the look of an eye like yours. So yes, what you put up is okay :)
They're extremely powerfull, specially someone like your character who's the leader of the group. However, they are not Gods and they are not indestructible, so they must have a weakness of some sort which can be showed through the character's actions. You get me?

P.S. Great job on the leader! :D

amyreinreaper
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks! I know it said PG-13 in the rules, so I held back on all the gory stuff ^^ I'm really looking forward to this RP!

X64
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amyreinreaper on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Heehee. Thanks for paying attention to the rules :)
I hope we can start soon! We just need at least 2 more Jackles and we'll be set!

amyreinreaper
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vanillasugar41 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 am

More out of curiousity than anything; What does it take to kill a Jackle? When you say immortal, does that mean that they don't age or they can't be harmed at all? Are they they same as humans? So like: a bullet through the brain, slitting their throat, stabbing them or something of the like can kill them. Or do you have to do something special to take one out?

I'm sorry to be a bother but I a little bit confused on that part. Would you please define? :3
"At the heart of mercy is love."
OOC: Unknown

Vanillasugar41
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amyreinreaper on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:27 pm

By a Jackle being immortal, it just means that they live forever, as in never age. But they aren't unpredictable. They can be killed just like any human could. The only thing is, because of the Jackle's abilities and powers, it is a lot harder to be able to stab them or shoot them.

amyreinreaper
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArhaHitomi888 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:48 pm

I was just curious, but would it be possible for someone to submit a general profile of the 'The Jackles' which basically just talks about what the other NPC, low-level Jackles are like? With their general abilities and such?
My name is Alice, feel free to call me that! <3
YouTube / DeviantArt / tumblr / Free internet

ArhaHitomi888
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:42 pm

This isn't really a question, more like a comment to the owner of Castiel. I am Brianna (brisk) and, I will ALWAYS give you FULL permission to control my character with your mind powers (in your character description you touched on asking people about this). I basically, my character is an unwilling servant. Maybe someday she will break through, but you can always control if you want. I have no objections to this. (well, unless you make me kill myself. I really don't want my character to be killed....but anything else is fine)
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Haas33
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amyreinreaper on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:51 pm

Alrighty!
Cross my heart and hope to die that I will not make you kill yourself. XP

Technically, i created Castiel just to give the Jackles orders, so the Jackles do all have to obey him. For now at least. And i'm only planning on posting as him when needed. ^.^

amyreinreaper
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:07 pm

I would like to propose an idea....a new character. She is sort of hard to explain right now, but I will create the character and send her in. Feel free to reject her, or PM me with any changes you want made to her.

Haas33
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amyreinreaper on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Haas33:
As long as it's not another main character. Reason being that we've gotten pretty far so the story's already developed and so are the characters. Also, we're at an even 5 & 5 which is what i was aiming for.
What would you want the purpose of this character to be?

EDIT: Also, remember that the only Jackles who can use their powers on other Jackles are Castiel and Seth. Which is why they are the leaders.

amyreinreaper
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Ok, so I sent her in. She is a jackle. Basically, she is a minion of Castiel's. It could be a main character I guess, but that is definitely not the purpose I had intended for it. Well, she is 8 years old. Basically the purpose of this character is to

1: Add a twist to the role-play
2: This may be partly my fault, but I don't really like being the "weak" character. She it is kind of fun, but I sort of want an outlet.
3: and besides, I don't have many earth-shattering ideas for this new character I made. She is just sort of there.

Haas33
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amyreinreaper on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Oh, no no. She doesn't need to be a main character. We're good with the ones we have now. If she's one of the other Jackles (like i mentioned in the intro) then that's great! Since she's a newborn she can just sort of stay by Castiel's side. Like a new apprentice.

amyreinreaper
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Cool! I will start posting with her right away :)

Haas33
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!