Jigo's Partner Search!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Jigo's Partner Search!

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Jigokuchō on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Hello RPG! It is I, Jigokuchō! It has been a few years since I was last on here (I don't even remember the account I used), and I'd love to jump back into the scene that is RPG. Of course, since it's been a while, I'd like to do something small—preferably a 1x1 since I think it'll be easier for me to adjust with those. Anyways, if you are reading this thread, please bear with me! I know that there might be a bit of information to sort through, but I want to be as thorough as possible. That way, we will both know if we are a good fit for each other!

Firstly, a little something about me.
- You can call me Ji, Jigo, Goku, Cho, or whathaveyou. What would you like me to call you?
- I do have a full-time job. That being said, I will not always be able to reply. I will do my best to reply as often as I can, though. Usually, I can reply once every other day. Depending on my off days, I might be able to get a few replies in a day. It all depends, really.
- I am not a grammar nazi. I make mistakes just as everyone else does.
- Posting expectations are not going to be high. I'm sure you have other things to do, and other role-plays you're in.
- My favorite color is plum?

Now on to what you can expect from me!
- Courteous behavior. I will respect you if you respect me. I get a long with just about anyone, so really, I don't expect us to have any issues. At least I hope not.
- I can post anywhere from 300 to 1000 words per post. It depends on what I have to work with. I try to match posts.
- Plot building/discussing. I like building a world with someone, not just something by myself. I don't want you to be the only one coming up with ideas, either. Let's do something together, ne?
- Despite having a full-time job, I can be on almost every day, however; I won't necessarily be able to post every time. I will give you notice a head of time if something comes up. I won't just ditch you, I promise.
- Gender flexible. What this basically means is that I am comfortable playing either gender. Honestly, I tend to float towards female characters unless an idea strikes me first for a male character. Usually, I like to play both genders to add diversity to the story.
- Multiple characters. I can handle up to four characters per story. Now, I don't expect us to be in a position where we'll need that many, but it is something I can do. If you can't, that's not a problem. I just like to flex out a bit and delve into the lives of other characters besides the two main characters.
- Flexibility: I am really flexible when it comes to stories and content. Want to do something a little sweet and fluffy? Okay! Have a knack for violence and mild gore? Fantastic! I don't have triggers. I can role-play just about any kind of scene.

What I expect from you.
- Pretty much the same. If there is something that bothers you, let me know! I'd rather build something that we both can enjoy.

Story and Role-play wise.
- I am a fan of just about any kind of setting except for ones that are... normal. Supernatural, Angels and Demons, Vampires, Superhumans, different time periods, things of that nature are what really interest me. I will admit to the shameful desire of something slice-of-life, though. Perhaps nothing so simple, though. I can do plenty of fandoms, too, however; please take note that I will never play a canon character. Please do not ask me to. If you want to play a canon character, by all means. I will not stop you, but I only use original characters. Actually, I'd prefer it if we did all original characters, since involving canon might just throw everything else off.
- Face Claim wise, I will only do anime. I don't feel comfortable using a living person's face; it is just something of a preference of mine. Please be comfortable using only anime face claims.
- Romance. I love romance; people love romance. I just don't like it being the focus of a story, the main plot between characters. Give it more depth, more insight as to how it builds over the role-play. Make it natural. I also prefer to stay within the heterosexual barriers of pairings. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the other sexualities, but this is just something I prefer role-playing. Also, with all content, I'd like for it to stay within RPG's rules if this is done in a public place. If this is done in the PM's, then I can be flexible with just about any kind of scene. Things are bound to happen between characters, and I don't have any issues with content. If that is the route you take, please be at least over 17. I don't, obviously, have a way of knowing your age for sure, but just know I won't be comfortable writing anything sensual with you. All I ask is for a little bit of honesty.
- Below you will see a list of fandoms that I am familiar with. We don't necessarily have to do a fandom, but if you were interested in one... those would be the ones I could do.
- Have an idea? Feel free to shoot it to me, and we'll see if we can work something out!

I'm sure I might have forgotten something in there, but thank you so much for reading this (if you made it all the way down here)! If there is something that interests you, that you do not see here, feel free to shoot the idea to me, anyway! Like I said, I'm looking to jump back into the scene, and anything helps, really. Oh, before I forget, you can PM me or post here if you are interested!!

Now, for the list of fandoms!

Spoiler: show
Anime
- Vampire Knight
- Bleach
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Fruits Basket
- Inuyasha
- Akatsuki no Yona
- Kamisama Hajimemashita
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (not technically an anime, though)
- Shingeki no Kyojin
- Juuni Kokuki (The Twelve Kingdoms)
- Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
- Natsume: Book of Friends
- Dragon Ball (Z mainly)
- Naruto
- Blue Exorcist
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April)

Games
- Hakuōki
- Red Dead Redemption
- Gears of War (all)
- Mortal Kombat
- Legend of Zelda
- Pokémon
- Dynasty Warriors
- Samurai Warriors
- Assassin's Creed (1-3)
- The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
- Dragon Age (all)
- Harvest Moon
- Resident Evil (all)

Shows
- Supernatural
- The Walking Dead
- True Blood

Last edited by Jigokuchō on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Jigokuchō
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Re: Jigo's Partner Search!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi there. Recently I've thought of trying a 1x1 rpg because the big ones seem to die really quickly. Anyway, you can call me Zodia. I have been doing written rpgs for years now (almost 15 years), and I tend to lean towards original rpgs with fantasy settings. Huge romance fan here, but I am totally on board with an rpg where it's not the focus. I'll admit, I do prefer to play females, but I am gender flexible too and I can handle a good number of characters (most I handled was well over 10 in one rpg because there were A LOT of characters that had to be played).

I don't have any rpg ideas at the moment due to me making this post at night and I am tired lol. But I am hoping you'll consider me for a partner though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Hello there! My my my, you sound like just the right kind of rp buddy for me!!!

I have an old interest thread, but most of the ideas/themes still apply. I'd be happy to try and come up with a story with you, if you'd be so interested.

My interest check of old: always-for-new-buddies-t97176.html

In any case, I am of course willing to elaborate on any of the ideas floating about in my head, and by all means, I love hearing other ideas as well! If you have an idea or type of rp you're just itching to do, please let me know.

Anydangways, I hope I might be considered as a potential rp partner.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

stealthpanther
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jigokuchō on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 am

Slight bump for this thread, and to add a couple of plot ideas. Obviously they can be expanded upon and altered, if desired!

Pokémon: Every trainer dreams of something. Some want to become Pokémon masters; others want to become renowned breeders or coordinators. The one thing they all have in common, though, is the desire—the desire to show the world that they can be. All they have to do is set foot outside their door, first.

Character Concepts: Multiple
Genre: Adventure, Slice-of-life, Some Romance, Journey,
Plot: Mild [Can be discussed]
Role-play type: Private

Lost Samurai: Inspired by the song Yami no Shuuen (Returner) by Gackt. After the long-awaited war between [warlords], a samurai is injured and on the brink of death. With no one around to help him, he accepts his inevitable death and embraces it. When he opens his eyes, however, it is to an unusual sight. A home filled with soft scents, and a woman tending to his wounds.

Genre: Adventure, Journey, Acceptance, Sengoku Period, Some Romance
Plot: Moderate [Can be discussed]

x
x
Fallen From Grace: What happens to an angel after it has fallen from grace? How do they learn to assimilate themselves into the human world, talk as they do, act as they do? For one angel, they will learn this the hard way, with help from a demon and, inevitably, a human who is unfortunate enough to befriend both. An unusual sight they make, but in time, they learn to overcome the hardships and perhaps, learn that it is okay to not be alone.

Genre: Adventure, Journey, Acceptance, Fallen Angels, Demons, Assimilation, Some Romance
Plot: Mild [Can be discussed]

Jigokuchō
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:34 am

Your lost samurai one looks awesome as well. Heck, if we work out well together as rp buddies, I'd be happy to try that idea with you as well. :3

stealthpanther
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Jigokuchō on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:00 pm

So...
It's been about two years since I last logged into this account. So many things happened in my life that I just did not have the time to dedicate to the RP site. To all of my previous RP partners, I deeply apologize for disappearing on you. It wasn't on purpose.

Now, my life has reached a stable point and I feel like I have time to dedicate to RP's again, however; it's been so long. I might be a little rusty. Anyway, all of the previous things that were mentioned--see above information--still applies. I am looking for private RP's just to get back into the habit of writing posts, however; you will note that the plots below are subject to small groups. It depends, really. These are just some things that I thought of, but feel free to shoot me a message if you have your own idea! I'd love to hear it.

If any of the plots below, interest you, though, please message me. You'll get a faster response that way rather than if you reply to this thread. I look forward to our potential mutual partnership(s)!

ImageImage
The Lost Samurai: Inspired by the song Yami no Shuuen (Returner) by Gackt. After the long-awaited war between [warlords], a samurai is injured and on the brink of death. With no one around to help him, he accepts his inevitable death and embraces it. When he opens his eyes, however, it is to an unusual sight. A home filled with soft scents, and a woman tending to his wounds.

Genre: Adventure, Journey, Acceptance, Sengoku Period, Some Romance [ possible supernatural elements i.e., demons, gods (eh), ect., ]
Role-play type: Private [also possible to make a small group, at max 4 people (including myself) ]

ImageImage
Essence Lost: What happens to an angel after they have fallen from grace? How do they learn to assimilate themselves into the human world, talk as they do, act as they do? For one angel, they will learn this the hard way, with help from a demon and, inevitably, a human who is unfortunate enough to befriend both. An unusual sight they make, but in time, they learn to overcome the hardships and perhaps, learn that it is okay to not be alone.

Genre: Adventure, Journey, Acceptance, Fallen Angels, Demons, Assimilation, Some Romance
Role-play type: Private [also possible to make a small group, at max 4 people (including myself) ]

ImageImage
The Last Defense: Avatar-themed. After the Fire nation destroyed the Air nomads, and successfully destroyed the Avatar Cycle, they slowly set their sights on the other Kingdoms. The Water Tribes were easy enough to subdue, however; the Earth Kingdom is proving to be more difficult than the Fire Lord anticipated. Ba Sing Se is the last line of defense; the last chance for any hope to restore balance to the chaos. As a last resort, the Fire Lord has proposed an intermarriage: the Crown Prince to the Princess of the Earth Kingdom. And what about the rumors of an underground rebellion?

Genre: AU, Bender, Avatar Cycle, Military, Strategy, Mature, Conflict, Some Romance, Arranged Marriage
Plot: Moderate, Heavy [ Can be discussed ]
Role-play type: Private [ some potential to be a small group of 4 (including myself) ]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Jigokuchō
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jigokuchō on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:20 am

Still looking for a partner! If you have any ideas, thoughts, you'd like to share please message me! I am open to ideas and suggestions!

Jigokuchō
Member for 3 years

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:47 pm

Hey!

Always looking for writers to join in the fun in The Multiverse! Here are a few places where your collaboration would be awesome:
  • The Vankoryth Detente is an In Character Vampyric organization. There is no true leader - rather things happeen as a result of everyone's collaboration in all aspects of their play. We have a specific place for round table meetings in character so everyone has equal input to the direction of the overall story, and it's a lot of fun!
  • Norde Keep is the "human" center of plot for the planet Gaia and we are seeking all sorts of characters to jump in and play. Feel like playing a hero? Alternatively, check out the Whispering Woods where dragons and elves and fae can be found.
  • Blackrock has some action. Choose a side, coordinate with barney_fife, and get your guns and/or diplomacy ready!

Just to name a few! Hope to see you there!
Awakening The Impervious Door - Read along with our adventurers through this dungeon-crawl!

Vankoryth Detente - Calling All Vampires

Auroragon - The Multiverse awaits the last people of Norvnu

Connect on Twitch for my RPG live-streams <3
Tutorials, dramatic readings, worldbuilding, and more!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Salesman Property Buyer

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!