Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Join RolePlayGateway They Said. It'd Be Fun They Said.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!
Heya, well, it seems like I've joined up to the site! I'm not someone who's been RPing for ten years or so, just a few years for me so far, but I hope this can be a new place for me to meet RP partners and create fun and exciting RPs in! I don't expect huge replies in RPs and I don't put the lengthiest posts either, usually less than two paragraphs. I still hope that people are willing to RP with me though! :3

My username, Yin'sCrisisOfNotHavingALife, stems from both my YouTube account name(hahaha), and a basis in the username from an old forum that is near and dear to my heart but, sadly, seems to be going onto its last legs. In the meantime, here, you can call me Yin! I'm used to that nickname by now~

I was recommended this place by a friend on said old forum! They said that it'd be a fun experience and I'm looking forward to that fun actually! I hope to get the hang of the site quickly so that I don't weigh anything or anyone down. But, as said, I really am looking forward to being a member on the site.

I don't have a ton of experience with roleplaying, compared to most. I've only RPed on one forum, since 2014, and I've played RPG games that are of the Mario persuasion, so I doubt that that's any accomplishment, huh?(Still love you Paper Mario!)

I came here though, specifically, because it was indeed recommended! I'm just hoping to find new RPs and a few new people to RP with. I'm not very good at making friends though because um...I get a bit anxious talking to strangers! I hope you guys don't mind.

As for what kind of roleplays I'd like, I don't mind what kind of roleplays! I do love slice-of-life, fantasy, supernatural, or even romance themes(I think that's like, a pariah for most RPers though, from what I've gathered? I've no idea why but that's alright!)

Outside of roleplaying, I do have the habit of drawing! I'm trying to learn how to do digital work, but I don't really have a good program or anything because I am 1) Poor, and 2) Lacking necessary tools. But I also love music and watching random videos or game playthroughs! Specifically on YouTube, my home away from home. I love reading too and that's what got me into writing and all! I still read books for teens and enjoy them, even if I'm technically too old for them X3

Some things that I think I have at least some talent in are cooking, staying awake long long hours, traditional based drawing, plot twists or unexpected plot components, and being able to single-handedly make just about anyone feel awkward because of what an anxious, quivering little mess of uncertainty I am.

Mentioned earlier that I did have a friend who's a member on here that recommended I join, yeah? I did indeed! I don't actually know their username or anything, how awkward, but some of you may know them anyway! A big thank-you to them though, from me!

If someone does stop by and read this, I hope I don't scare you off or bore you! I promise, those are not my intentions at all! I'm very humbly excited to get to know this site and to find people with similar interests to mine who'd want to RP and things such as that!

Thank you to anyone who stops by~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yin'sCrisisOfNotHavingALife
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Join RolePlayGateway They Said. It'd Be Fun They Said.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SamanthaKeeler on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:47 am

Hello there! I'm new here as well, welcome! Good luck to the both of us... haha... (my introduction seems to be just below yours). Beautiful post though! (I guess I really am still new to forum roleplaying)

If there really is a minimum of 10 posts for a pm I can't even send one... not that I have tried. ;-;

Seems there is a beginner's guide and a lot of posts in the library to begin with but I'm terrible so I got lost on those as well.

It was well recommended to me too actually I just read a lot of reviews and ended up here from the top rp something.

Anyway, nice meeting you, see you around! Good luck on your roleplaying~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SamanthaKeeler
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Hi! Yes, I hope we both have the best of luck with this as well, honestly. It's much more all-encompassing and on a much larger scale than the other forum I'm with! I'm still exploring a lot of things!

Don't worry about it being a new medium for you! It'll take some getting used to, yes, but RPing on a forum is really easy-peasy and very rewarding I'd say. :3 It's like writing a book, but with multiple people helping and interacting with you! I find it quite fun and you find yourself really getting into it.

I'm too scared to send a PM though, even if I could! It's quite a dilemma. Excited to get started though! Have a friend maybe making an RP I can join soon!

That being said, perhaps I can help you if you have a question! I know transferring from tabletop RP or another method can probably be complex and a bit confusing. If you have a question about forum RP, I can try and help you out!

It was really nice to meet you, if I may say, and I hope you find forum RPing to your liking and have a lot of fun with it!

Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:42 am

Hi there Yin!

Where's Yang?

Hah. Eastern philosophy joke for the yin.

Pun!

Enough of that! Welcome to RPG! RolePlayGateway!

So you two nubs have been acquainted? That's great!

And if either of you have questions about RPG? I'm here! I can get you answers, or find you someone who has it if I don't.

On behalf of everyone at RPG, RolePlayGateway, welcome!
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Hi!

Sadly, this Yin seems to be on her own at the moment, haha, but she appreciates the pun!

Thank you for the welcome! I'm trying to feel my way about the site right now. It's enormous compared to the other forum I'm on!

I'm sure that if, or rather when, I have questions I'll get into contact with someone who can help.

And again, big thank you for the welcome!

Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NathanBros on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums Yin, hope you have some fun here!
Luigi Time!!!
"I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now."
My blog: VST Plugins Free Download

NathanBros
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColeMaibara on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Welcome to the site, Yin!

ColeMaibara
Member for 12 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Cult Leader Greeter Visual Appeal Salesman Property Buyer Lifegiver

Thank you both so much for the welcomes guys! It's really nice of you all~

Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!