Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Just a few pics

a topic in Artwork, a part of the RPG forum.

Show off and solicit your artistic skills! Here you can request a character drawing, sell your artistic skills, or even learn how to improve your not-so good skills.

Just a few pics

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thanatos on Tue May 01, 2007 6:08 pm

Finally got around to getting myself a scanner and thought i'd post up a few of my drawings to see what people think. I do a lot of game, movie and anime characters and i'm open to requests,

A lot of my drawings have been drawn based off of other pictures i have seen, i don't draw to well from my mind. So i take no credit from the pictures designs, their purely replicas of other peoples work.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thanatos
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Sat May 05, 2007 4:47 pm

Nice but when you say you draw from pictures does that mean you just redraw the picture or do you draw what the picture is in like a different pose or something.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Midnight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 07, 2007 7:50 am

These really look good, by the way. I like your work!

Have you ever done the coloring? I'd recommend scanning them in and cleaning and coloring using Photoshop.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thanatos on Mon May 07, 2007 4:53 pm

Midnight wrote:Nice but when you say you draw from pictures does that mean you just redraw the picture or do you draw what the picture is in like a different pose or something.

It depends really. If i like the pose then i'll just draw the picture how it is. If i don't like the pose sometimes i'll move the pictures about a bit. Sometimes i'll changes the clothes that their wearing, or the hairstyle they have. It depends whether or not i can be bothered to mess around with it for ages until i ind something i like.

remaeus wrote:Have you ever done the coloring? I'd recommend scanning them in and cleaning and coloring using Photoshop.

I sometimes i use my water colour pencils to color them in by hand, i'm not very good with computer coloring though. I tend to leave mostof my pictures in plain pencil. Sometimes giving a picture color just ruins it.

Thanatos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thanatos on Tue May 15, 2007 9:35 am

Thanatos
Member for 11 years

Re: Just a few pics

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:44 am

These are pretty good, even if you're just looking at something. Even drawing something else that has already been drawn takes a certain knowledge of perspective and a grasp of the art and such. I've tried to draw many things from just looking at another drawing and it still takes work to get it right.

These are very good. Like Remaeus said, you should look into learning how to color them on Photoshop or something. I just got Photoshop on my computer and am going to try to learn how to use it to color my work.

Although you are right. Sometimes coloring a picture can ruin it, especially when you just have a 12 pack of colored pencils or a box of 72 crayons like I have! x_X
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Just a few pics

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rose Beloved on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:38 am

Nice, the picture with the gun is very good. But the leg's pose is a littleoff. Otherwise, good job!

Rose Beloved
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.