Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Kelante RP - Sign up and more info.

a topic in Kelante, a part of the RPG forum.

Custom game forum. To edit this description, PM an administrator with the updated description.

Kelante RP - Sign up and more info.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:39 am

Ok guys, just a bit more information on the Kelante RP.

The main synopsis is posted at the above link, where the actual RP will take place. So, I am just wanting to post a little more information on the actual world etc, and a few rules.

The World of Kelante

Let's have a look at the factions/Guilds first of all:

Warrior's Guild:

Pretty self explanatory. Trained in the Warrior's Academy, they are more than proficient in the arts of war. They are trained in the Academy in Martial Arts, and just about all weapons, swords, axes, battle hammers, etc. Also, they are taught in strategy and leadership in the battlefield. The entirety of the Warrior's Guild is based in the Academy, apprentices, and active fighters also. However, they are also posted all over the world in order to defend against the Homeless.

Sorcerer's Guild:

Again, somewhat self explanatory, the sorcerers of the world. They are taught in elemental magic, the only magic that is known widely to exist. Most Sorcerers only have the command of one element, through what are termed as 'Elementals'. The general idea is that a symbiant being resides inside the Sorcerer, giving them access to whichever element the Elemental is. The elements are Fire, Wind, Ice, Lightning, Water, Earth. Occasionally a Sorcerer will have command of more than one Elemental, although this isn't overly widespread. Unlike a lot of Magic, however, the Sorcerers in Kelante do not need any incantations etc. Summoning of the primary Element, after several years of training is almost instant, although it does take several years to master the Elemental.

The Guardians

An elusive, elite organisation, made up of both Warrior's and Sorcerers. It isn't known about the origins of the GUardians, only that they serve to keep a hold on the peace that has been created and held for many years. They force the alliance between the two Guilds to remain in existence. All of the GUardians are extremely strong, and when seen by those who know what to look for, they strike fear.

Note: It is sometimes seen, although rarely, that Warriors have the skill of Sorcerers born into them, although it is never noticed until a sudden bursting of Magic. These occurences are VERY rare though.

The Homeless

Drifters, they pillage the outer towns and villages, as well as farms in order to get food, although they kill wherever they go. They are looked upon as outcasts by all of the populous of Kelante, and are generally hated. Parents tell their children horror stories about the Homeless in order to ensure obedience, much like the Booger Man. They are, at the moment, becoming a very possible threat to the peace, and unknown to most is that the Homeless are increasing in strength and numbers.

Races:

I will allow all typical fantasy races in the RP, elves, dwarves etc. However, I will not accept demons. Vampires are allowed, but only as nearly normal humans, none of this "I can't die becuase I'm a vampire, and my wounds heal straight away." malarky. In truth, vampires are rarely seen in KElante, which is why I am allowing them.

NOTE: For ease of use, and to avoid any confusions, it would be best if the first person to use a particular race place their interpretation of that race in here. That way, we won't be having various people thinking separate things for each race.

Rules:

*All participants should follow The Creed.

*Good literary skills are appreciated, if you do need any help, do not hesitate to contact me via PM or the chat, or any other member of staff. We are here to help you improve!

*In relation to this, please keep to the same style of writing as you use in your initial post. Whether it be past, present or future (I would prefer past or present over future tense though.), first or third person. Just ensure there is consistency. Also applies for any formatting you use. For example, I use italics when typing speech and green italics for the speech of NPCs. You don't have to use that formatting system, so just really, just keep everything the same for your own posts.

*Keep OOC chatter out of the main RP Thread. Once we have enough people joining in, I will make a specific OOC thread in here for all OOC discussions/chatter.

*Along with the above rules, please follw the Forum Rules obviously.

*Please post your Character Profiles in the appropriate thread and place a link to them here. If you are using already made characters but with minor changes in order to fit them in with this RP, just link to the original profile and add any modifications in your post.

*Most importantly, have fun!!
Last edited by Lord Saladin on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:22 pm

Saladin.

Changes to profile:

APPEARANCE: Pretty much the same as on the above profile. Major differences being that he is not quite as muscular in build, and his wings are a black colour, still thick and leather like. His hair is also waist length, rather than shoulder length. And his facial features are slightly smoother, not seeming quite as carved.

ABILITIES: In the place in time in relation to the history of Kelante, Saladin has yet to discover his in-born abilities as a Sorcerer, and is still a trainee in the Warrior's Academy.

POSITION: He is, as just mentioned, a mere trainee and has to gain the power and status that he has in the timeline which exists in relation to the Wing City Chat RP story line.

So, if Profiles can be added in this format, that would be more than cool. Thanks in advance guys.
Last edited by Lord Saladin on Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:24 pm

Just a bit of info for you guys regarding the storyline:

I have no intentions of turning this into a stock storyline, whereby Saladin gains the power he did, and peace basically reigned. I want us to forge a new history for Kelante.

So, do not be worried about any of that sort of thing.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:49 am

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:06 am

Ok, just a quick note in regards to the ages of the people and how the time scale etc work in Kelante.

You will notice that the people all seem to have high ages, for example, Saladin being 500 years old. This is due to Kelante having a very short cycle of seasons. At 500, Saladin appears to be a young man of around 20 or 21.

However, due to a lack of diseases in the world, people live longer anyway, and do not age as quickly. For example, at the age he is in the original profile (2368), Saladin still only looks like a man in his early middle years.

I hope that clears things up. If not, do not hesitate to post questions here, or contact me via PM or the chat.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:45 pm

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:03 am

Jaqurin the dead.

I didnt make him indestructible. He can easily be destroyed by light spells and dispersion spells. plus hes incredibly weak

Nightmare
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:31 am

Angrod Mithrandir

Thats my elf trying a new race on for a change.

For those who don't know info about blood elves is posted below his profile.
Anyquestions go ahead and ask.

Midnight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hjorr the Forsaken on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:07 pm

Hjörr Balder

I don't want to post IC until Saladin gets a change to look over my profile, but hopefully I'll see you all in thread soon.

:)

And I was wondering if there is any way that someone could do a re-cap for me. Not that I'm to lazy to read, I just want to make sure that we are all same page, paragraph, even the same book, if you see what I'm sayin.

And thank-you in advance.

Hjorr the Forsaken
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thanatos on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:53 am

I have just posted up my profile for the first character i wish to use in your rp. I didn't want to post until you'd had a quick look over first though just to check everything is ok. If there are no problems with my character then i'll get posting as soon as possible! Her name is Raven and I'll be working on a picture of her over this week to post up.

Thanatos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:39 am

Post 1:

Since I doubt anyone else will play her, I'll play Shailao's Mother. I'll also try to stick to this username with her, so you guys don't get confused. (Yes, I am Miyumi, and I don't see the point in hiding it.)

Saladin, I need some help with the year count in my profile.

Shamina Ketrina

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.