Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"Kingdom Come" D&D 3.5e (OOC Closed to New Characters)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: "Kingdom Come" D&D 3.5e (OOC Closed to New Characters)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:13 pm

Let the record show that I was there first!

Perhaps I should have called dibs.

Edit:

Sorry to sort of "whisk" Saoirse about, but it was only a short distance and helped immensely with the continuity of the post. I thought she wouldn't refuse, anyway.

Also, I came across an interesting grammatical problem while writing the post and had to do a quick double-check to make sure I had it right. So, for anyone who doesn't already know:

Elven is used to describe a person who is an elf, or an object that inherently belongs to elves (an elven broadsword, for example, or elven fountain).

Elvish is the universal term for elven languages, and is not used to describe a person or thing (i.e. Saoirse is not elvish, she is elven).

Just thought I'd point that out, and hopefully I wasn't the only one who was slightly unclear about it. :D

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleSun1 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:44 pm

It’s not a problem. :) And you’re right, Saoirse would’ve come anyway, although I now have to come up with some kind of raid plan. (Which probably won’t be very original!) Hmm… Does anyone know how many people are in the caravan?(PCs included.)

I think I was using elfin, which apparently means ‘good-naturedly mischievous/suggestive of an elf in strangeness and otherworldliness’, in place of elven before. Unless that was the right word…
Would a smile be elfin or elven? I certainly couldn’t tell you…
Because I'm Broken When I'm Lonesome
And I Don't Feel Right When You're Gone Away
~>xx<~
LITTLESUN1

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LittleSun1
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I think an "elfin smile" would be perfectly appropriate, especially for an elf ;).

If I remember correctly, which I probably don't, I think Krogren said there were about 15 people with the caravan. But I can't remember if he said that included PCs or not.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleSun1 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:59 pm

Well that's a good thing, because I'm about to use it again!
I'm pretty sure he said it didn't include them. Another good thing, it makes Saoirse's real plan a little more sensible.

LittleSun1
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krogren on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Fifteen caravan people + the 8 PCs. Caravan is roughly half and half gender wise, with a slight more male.

Krogren
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Sheesh, I think it is safe to say that we officially post in the out of character thread more often than the in character thread. When it comes to D&D, I can't help myself. I'm a traditionalist. I think we need to throw caution to the wind, kick down a few doors, kill a few monsters, and snag some awesome loot. All of this milling about with food and insults and half-dead NPCs is just bogging down the wonderful dungeon crawl I know the adventure can become.

Sorry ^_^

Anyway, could we post more, please? I don't care if we don't get in the dungeon anytime soon, but still ...
Drop your shield!

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krogren on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Well, when Rigel gets his character into the Tor, we will be much closer to the dungeon stuff.

Krogren
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

I don't plan on having Loche be any more social after he talks with Roy. After he gives the tindertwig back he's gonna clean the pot, meditate, etc etc, go to bed... unless something happens in the meantime... So yeah, just waiting on Necro

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleSun1 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:18 pm

If it's okay with everyone else, I'll let Saoirse have a go at one of the doors in my next post. (Assuming that's aloud at this point.)
Hopefully she's skilled enough to actually open them, but I guess knocking them down could work too.
Night'.

LittleSun1
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:26 am

I agree, ON with the monster slaying! Less QQ, more pewpew!

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aythr on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:58 am

So, I was going over druids again today and realized that I forgot to add the +2 to Knowledge (Nature) and Survival from the 1st level ability Nature Sense.

I've since edited my character sheet on page three and the bonuses are now correct. ^_^

Aythr
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:00 am

I'm all for getting on with the adventure. I don't think Elros can do anything about the doors, though, so it'll be up to somebody else to get us started.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 am

I recommend that the IC page be posted on the first page of the OOC as a link, connecting the two for people who might be following this thread but have not posted IC.

flickery
Member for 16 years

The IC HAS been up on the first page...

But anyway, I don't like the idea of "opening the doors cuz we want to get on with the dungeon crawling". They just got in from a hectic storm and I know a lot of the characters are tired. I say we wait until absolute boredom kicks in, but we could probably timeskip or something.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 pm

I disagree, Slowly. Many a great and wonderful evenings of gaming debauchery have come about because of the desire for dungeon crawling. Take the 'Tomb of Horrors' for example, which is a classic dungeon crawl that has no real plot behind it at all, or at least not the way we went through it. Our party stumbled upon three tunnels with doors while we were traveling from Homlet to Greyhawk, and low and behold, for no particular reason whatsoever we went crashing down the middle hall with zest and gusto. I myself personally threw an entire (open) bag of Dorritos at the DM when the rogue crawled inside the demon mouth and got disintigrated.

^_^

Ah ... good times ...

What were we talking about? lol

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Necrolegion on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:08 pm

sorry for the late posting, i just gots me a new computer! but i couldn't hook up to the net through either of em for some strange reason. my apologies O.0

EDIIT:

oh, and seeing as how people are wanting to get the ball rolling, i can do one of two things for you people here!

i can pass out after taking the Tindertwig back from loche, or i could do some door-kicking-in.

i will of course wait for the wizard to make an appearance, and on the responses i get here. cause you know, killing monsters is totally cool with me :D

EDIIIT:

sorry Slowly for not posting in the IC right away. i would like to know what people would like me to do first, so that we can, as i said, get the ball rolling on either the time skip or the straight off action. my apologies kind sir

Necrolegion
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Necro: Eh, we do what we have to do.

Sleepy: I dissagree with your dissagreement. While you are right that many great things have come from pure dungeonstomping (my friend made one where our chars got whisked to another plane where we had to fight up 100 floors of monsters and traps to get to the top where we eventually set the spirit of an extra-planar being free and he rewarded us by sending us to another plane OTHER than the material one. It took a long time but my sorcerer sucked a few souls into oblivion by accident and gained a permanent +1 to all his stats so I didn't complain. Ramble Ramble.) the point of playing a DnD campaign on a role playing site is to... I don't know... Roleplay! We have been doing that, and It's been good so far, but randomly deciding to open some doors and trek into the bowels of some unknown tomb makes no sense. All I'm saying is that if we are going to do that, we need a good reason.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:03 pm

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing wrote:...

The IC HAS been up on the first page...

But anyway, I don't like the idea of "opening the doors cuz we want to get on with the dungeon crawling". They just got in from a hectic storm and I know a lot of the characters are tired. I say we wait until absolute boredom kicks in, but we could probably timeskip or something.

Ouh.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Slowly: While I understand that role playing is an integral part of the game (heck, it's the title of the genre!) that both you and I thoroughly enjoy, the excitement comes from the dangerous questing into unknown depths. After all, the name of the game is "Dungeons and Dragons" not "Fantasy Naval-Gazing".

Besides, if we really need a reason, it would probably be due to the worsening storm. If the wind and rain get bad enough, we'd likely delve deeper to escape the dangerous storm if, say, the entrance cavern starts flooding.

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years

So the plan, in case the room starts flooding, is to go... down? Into the depths of the Tor? Uh oh! It looks like our nemesis Physics is causing trouble again!

Sarcasm aside we need a better reason than that. Besides, I think hiding under a giant rock/mound of earth/tower thing is enough protection from the storm.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!