Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Lacrimosa Dies Illa

Lacrimosa Dies Illa

a part of “Lacrimosa Dies Illa”, a fictional universe by Εpιmetheus.

Music can only be transcendent when it is a product of the heart. What if that heart were artificially manufactured? A group of young prodigies seek meaning.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lacrimosa Dies Illa”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Lacrimosa Dies Illa

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Εpιmetheus on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Étude No. 1

God likes to be played like a piano.
Dawn glows with sailors dancing in the eye of a storm
by the river of black water.

PABLO MEDINA

- -

-
-

Hello & welcome to Lacrimosa! Feel free to ask any questions or express interest in a character here. I'll be managing this RP along with my pal & generally amazing person Verix, so direct any comments or concerns towards either of us & we should get back to you. There are probably definitely one or two plot things I haven't addressed in the intro, so definitely ask to clear up any inevitable misunderstandings lmao.
      (Also, not sure if this really warrants mentioning, but please only join the discord chat linked in the rules once you've been accepted!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Εpιmetheus
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Lacrimosa Dies Illa

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belshazzar on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Oh goodness gracious. I absolutely love this roleplay. I am studying music theory as my minor, and any form of classical music or composers just steals my heart. <3

I have not decided what I would like to do for a female character, but I would love to do a male inspired by Schoenberg.

I will update this when I decide my absolutes. Face claims, composers, concept, etc.

I do have a question though, before I start the hunt for face claims. How "old" do the composers have to be? For example, I am interested in a female inspired by Stravinsky, but he is fairly "modern". (1910-1970)

*Edit*

All right, here we go. :)

Name: Arden "Art" Schröder
Composer: Arnold Schoenberg (Schönberg)
Face Claim: Pierre Niney
Concept: Intense, stubborn, fearless, and set in his ways, Arden is a force to be reckoned with. Many don't agree with his methods. Unfortunately, he doesn't give a shit about what people think. It is difficult to change his opinion, but you cannot pretend that he has done nothing for music. "Art", as he likes to be called, has brought forward some of the most creative thinking, stepping away from the set path and forging his own. He is has taught himself to lessen his intensity around others, but will not hesitate to state his opinions, even if they differ from the majority. He believes greatly in otherworldly forces, and though he may not be religious, he is highly superstitious. He is highly independent, and relies mostly on himself. Completely self-taught, his family mostly shied away from his music, and so he relies on no one.

Name: Claudia Areya
Composer: Aaron Copland
Face Claim: Lydia Graham
Concept: Claudia is known to be one of the more reserved musicians of the bunch. She rarely speaks of her own emotions, and holds back on bringing extreme emotions to any conversations. To some, she may seem lackluster, while those who know her a bit better are familiar with how much energy she can actually bring to a group. Though shy, she has a good sense of humour, is slightly aloof, and is always there to offer a smile. Her large family has helped her graciously to the point she is at. She has always had something to hide, however. Her more experimental pieces are rarely heard, though she greatly appreciates atonal and offbeat sounds. Some of her music has come out on the jazzier side, but whatever she does, she does to please others and out of pure enjoyment.

I can never pick a favourite. Tchaikovsky was always my favourite composer, but my tastes have broadened a bit... I have one favourite for the time being. Verklärte Nacht, Op.4 by Schoenberg. It has his classic twelve-tone technique. It differs sooo much from the home key too (D Minor). I just love every part of it.
Last edited by Belshazzar on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I was a child,
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look, but it was gone,
I cannot put my finger on it now,
The child is grown,
The dream is gone
I have become
comfortably numb.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Belshazzar
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello Belshazzar!!!!! Thank you for taking interest in our RP. LMAO I love 'classical' (pre-modern) music so much I weep. And oh my god lit I don't know a lot about music theory, only what I've learned from my step-dad who's a pianist.

As for how the composers should be um they should be dead. and when you make your official reservation I would like to remind you about the password wink wink and that Stravinsky has actually been taken by The Writer's Voice. With that said feel free to use another modernist god knows we need them with all the romantics rip. OH and also remember that you would need to apply for two characters as it's a requirement to double up. Thank you so much!
Last edited by Verix on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perhaps

Verix
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Beautiful coding and imagery on the introduction! I'm so excited!
    I thought I'd put in a formal reservation for my two on the front page, just to finalise :)

Composer: Franz Liszt
    Name: Felix Ljung
    FC: Coretin Huard
    Concept: Virtuoso, prolific composer, one of the first 'rockstars' of the age. Felix, like the composer he's cloned from, has a flair for the dramatics, enjoys being the centre of attention, and might be classed as a modern day 'Cool Kid'. Confident and talented, he's sure of himself and where he stands in the hierarchy of the 'grad school' (being somewhere at or near the top). To some he's arrogant and cocky, to other's he's the pinnacle of what a young man should be.

Composer: Clara Schumann
    Name: Silvia Carriera
    FC: Cindy Mello
    Concept: As a 'child', Silvia's schedule was strictly controlled by an overbearing father, who's regime instilled in Silvia a superb work ethic, and a touch of intensity. Naturally talented, her hard-work often helps to push her further and improve herself beyond what her raw skills offer. However, she finds it exceptionally irritating when she is matched or bypassed by anyone who doesn't hold the same work ethic as she does (*cough* Liszt *cough*)

Franz Liszt is my favourite composer, and Hungarian Rhapsody no.2 by Liszt was the piece I fell in love with first.

Cloud
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello! I just love classical music, so I'm jumping at the chance to get a spot in this RP. Like Belshazzar, I haven't sorted out all the details, so I'm hoping if it's okay for me to update this post a little bit later ^^ One of my fav composers is Chopin, btw; although I can never choose one favorite for anything xD though one of my favorite pieces is Winter Wind.

For the male character, I'd love it if he was to be inspired by Debussy, and I'd like my female character's composer to be Mozart. I haven't found faceclaims yet, but that will be coming soon!

Thank you! I'll be coming back with concepts and fcs in a moment ^^

Update: Alright, here we go ^^

name: Viviana Antonelli
faceclaim: Darya Lebedeva
composer: Antonio Vivaldi
concept: Although she suffers from bronchial asthma, Viviana - she prefers to go by Ana - does not let that deter her. She had a rather lower class background, but was entirely aware of her skill with the violin. She practices manipulation, and is quite good at it. However, despite her health and income issues, Ana is a bit cocky. She always has her eye on the prize, giving her a rather competitive nature, but many still admire her due to her enthusiasm for music.

name: Damien Clausen
faceclaim: Kanata Hongo
composer: Claude Debussy
concept: Damien is a rather unconventional musician, not afraid to experiment with the nontraditional. He was relatively poor as a "child", but had immense talent with the piano. Despite this, many around him find his attempts at musical innovation strange and eccentric. However, he is a charismatic person, but with alcoholic tendencies.
Last edited by Korruption on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

Korruption
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belshazzar on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Oh yes, I will be including my password and all the requirements on my final post with my choices. And I apologize, I skimmed through the taken composers and for some reason I did not see he was taken! I will choose another modernist artist.

And I will be updating my initial first post with all the details rather than posting again, so just watch for that. :3

Belshazzar
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi there,

This is so original and interesting! I love it. And great layout, by the way. I don't know how you did it, but I like it ;D

I'm not trying to reserve a character or anything at the moment, I was just wondering if there are still slots open? I couldn't tell from the intro page. Also, from the other comments I gather that we just pick whatever composer we want as long as they are dead?

kokiri_kat
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:21 am

Okay so Epi will be replying to all of you in the morning when she wakes up, but for now I'm just going to announce two things: slots are most definitely open, but the number of writers is limited as we are only seeking three additional writers. Don't let that deter anyone from pitching their concept though!! Second, we forgot to mention this earlier but we are not letting anyone play Mozart in this RP I"m sorry! :(

BUT YEAH UM Epi, again, will be posting tomorrow and detailing a few things that everyone should know. I just thought I should clarify those few things however. Everyone's character concepts are looking great though and thank you all so much for taking an interest in Lacrimosa ; _ ; i love u

Verix
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:00 am

Hello! In celebration of the end of my exams, I've decided to ask to reserve a couple of spots in the gorgeous rp! (one more to go and I'm home free! but- it's bio. So I'll probably die. ah well, c'est la vie) I'm on my phone atm, but i'll fill in the concepts soon!

composer: John Cage
name: Jo Kim
face claim: Go Ah Sung
concept: Jo is in a constant state of sentiment. Regardless of her mood, there is always an optimistic idealism to her, as though, regardless of what the world throws at her, she simply cannot help but be in awe of it all. Like the composer she is cloned from, her talent stems from her ability to see the world through a different lens than anyone else- to accept each moment as the first and last of its kind, and everything both here and gone to be nothing short of beautiful, beautiful music.

composer: Franz Josef Haydn
name: Frank Joseph Hayes
face claim: Timur Simakov
concept: Frank is undoubtedly a rather vain individual, constantly determined to retain his best dress. He enjoys compliments and company, especially when paired, and is driven in all his actions by an insatiable need to succeed. Success is only worth it if one enjoys oneself, however, and so his zealous and summery sense of humour and penchant for mischief are omnipresent in all his behaviour. He is a man that has passion in spades, and does not shy away from trading quips when the situation calls for it, albeit always with a smile on his face.

And my favourite composer? I'mma be a little different and say Hans Zimmer. If there's one composer who managed to up the stakes throughout my movie-watching experiences, it's that guy. Also, his Drink Up Me Hearties,
from POTC? #Lit
Last edited by rubytuesday on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

rubytuesday
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:38 pm

@Verix - I'll be sure to change my composer ^^

Korruption
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:49 pm

One of these days I'll catch one of your role plays before they're full lol

Terraformer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Εpιmetheus on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Hello! I'm here as promised to deliver an explanation on some parts of plot I've realized are probably quite confusing lol. I'm a bad storyteller soz

But first!:
      I'm loving everyone's concepts so far btw. So glad to see people taking interest in the RP :')
      & @Immayahoka Thank you but the RP actually isn't technically full, haha.

I'd like to take the opportunity, actually, to remind people that although anybody is welcome to make a play for a spot, we are only accepting three additional writers! I know Verix is sending/has sent out the code for the CS's, but that doesn't mean anybody is guaranteed a position in the RP. We want to keep the RP focused & driven, so we will only be picking the people we feel will be most dedicated & has the characters that would mesh best with our established cast. Thanks for understanding!

Also, I know the CS coding can seem a bit intimidating to those not intimately familiar with coding, so if you're having trouble with anything, don't hesitate to contact on the GMs! We are available by PM individually, or you can also post any general questions in the CS thread that's been posted if you want a quick reply or feel like it might be a question other people also need answered.

OKAY ! Finally onto the explanation thing i promised I'm a wreck omg.

Essentially, although the year 2153, some apocalyptic event stopped progress in its tracks around 100 years ago. So, really,
      technology or anything else isn't all that much beyond what we have now. The clones are contained within a compound meant to emulate an "Old World" collegiate town/city. So it's relatively large and extends beyond the confines of the school building. What's important here is that the clones do not know about the state of the world. As far as they're concerned, the rest of the world looks just like what they see within the compound. They are, however, aware that they are clones, although they do not know about the exact mechanics of the program. They believe, for example, that they've lived perfectly normal lives up to this point with foster families of some sort who were also aware of their origins and have all been relocated to the same graduate school because the team that "created them" want to observe them and see how they're progressing. Also, they think it's free tuition lmao. However, they do not know that their "childhoods" have been engineered and are entirely fake. Every five years, when that specific iteration of history and surroundings leads to the clones not achieving the same level as greatness as their predecessors, their memories are wiped and they're sent back to the start of the five year cycle with a new history. Histories are never going to be drastically different. For example, maybe in one iteration, Beethoven didn't have a hearing problem, but his original compositions weren't as passionate. Etc, etc. We'll be starting the RP at the beginning of one of the five year cycles, but in the middle of the first trimester of the school year.

Εpιmetheus
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Alrighty, here are my submissions for consideration:

Character 1
Name: Viola Aldani
Composer: Antonio Vivaldi
FC: Teyonah Parris

Viola is a bit of an out-of-control “trust fund baby” who remembers acting out as a way to take control of a life dominated by the expectations of her parents. She was always pushed to nurture her talent, forced to practice for hours on end; but did anyone ever ask her what she wanted? No. Often she will resort to bitchiness to mask her many insecurities. She is currently suffering some sort of block in her creative abilities which she desperately tries to hide, lest anyone see that she is flawed.

Character 2
Name: Edwin “Gabe” Gabriel
Composer: Edvard Grieg
FC: Aaron Taylor-Johnson

If Gabe could be summed up in one word, it would be “disinterested.” He actively tries not to form relationships or seek out the company of others, not because he feels inept or socially awkward, but because he simply has no desire to. For as long as he can remember, he found it difficult to relate to the emotions of others, and eventually he stopped trying, choosing instead to pour every ounce of his passion into honing his craft. He remembers coming from a middle-class family who never fully understood him, yet still supported his dreams and aspirations.
Thank you Εpιmetheus for teaching me how to do transparent text, lol. Vivaldi. Winter.

kokiri_kat
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 am

@RubyTuesday : LMAO 4'33" his best piece yet.
    @Immayahoka : As Epi said before slots are not closed!!
    @Freckled : LMAO I LOVE MORNING mood. honestly I thought about trying to learn the flute solely for that piece.
    @ Everyone : I'm enjoying stalking reading all of your WIPs thus far so keep up the good work !!!@!@!@!@!@!!!!!

SUP GUYS!!!! Okay so Epi and I are going to be posting our own concepts to share with y'all and to officially 'reserve' as well lol. It's not quite as formal as yours but I hope it will do!

Composer: Pytor Ilyich Tchaikovsky
    Name: Youra Tchai
    FC: Kim Na Hee
    Concept: Youra - nicknamed Chai - is diligent beyond belief. Her work ethic surmounts anything and it's perfection for the unobtainable 'soul' of something that drives her to be impassioned. She's quiet in her musings though, vocally of course, for in her writing she's anything but. She doesn't know how to be neutral in her dealings with people, and so for her you're either her friend or person not even worth breathing the same air as. There's some more stuff about her but that's the main gist? If I tried to write all about her here there would hardly be anything left for the actual CS lol.

Composer: Camille Saint-Saëns
    Name: Cyril Séverin
    FC: Billy Vandendooren
    Concept: For Cyril the meaning of life is to be recognized. He struggles with that however as he's always overshadowed by someone greater. It is of his own fault though as he does nothing to help pioneer, and rather sits back and follows trends like the sheep he is. He acts as though he does not care about the opinions of others, and yet it is the one thing he craves for most. One thing he does have however is his technical ability. He's pragmatic and logical and hopelessly in love with the idea of self-realization. He hopes one day that he'll be able to act upon the fantasies he's laid out for himself rather than simply thinking about them.

Verix
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soleli on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:03 am

This is a beautifully designed, amazingly thought out rp... I just had to try my chances at it, even if I'm not extremely acquainted with classical music (art is more my style), but nevertheless I had lots of fun researching those famous composers! I'm really excited to see if my concepts are solid enough to be chosen, but otherwise the experience itself is a gem on its own.

Ok lets see... my favorite Composer will have to be Mozart, and the song Ode to Joy. It's so sad that it was never finished, but it really gives a mysterious air to the work along with its hype tune.

Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach
Name: Joan Bell
FC: TBA
Concept: Joan is a stickler for perfection. A believer that everything can be gained through hard work, she does everything diligently and expects others to do the same. To her, it wasn't about talent or ego, it's about bringing one’s best to the table. She has no patience with incompetents or those who take their jobs lightly, even if they are figures of authority. Blunt and often harsh, she wastes no time in insulting those he considers as incompetent fools, yet is often harsher on herself. Striving for excellence, she takes on most jobs with diligence, never complaining no matter how much the workload is and meticulously seeing the job through to the very end.

It is his ethic of hard work that leads her to expect the same in others, carrying a great disdain for those who cut corners and try to take shortcuts for convenience. Highly doubting the ability of others to do things to his own standards, Joan prefers to take most tasks depending on herself. In group projects, she either does the entire project by her own from scratch, or give detailed and specific instructions on what to do to his group members, expecting them to be carried out with precision. Unless you can prove that you have a better method of doing things, you are otherwise not allowed to criticise her methods of work. Nicholas hates anyone who claims that something should be done a conventional way without understanding the subject themselves, and will lash out whenever one rebukes her.

Her motto, “anyone who works as hard can get as far” applies to his treatment of the expectations put onto them. If Bach achieved excellence through hard work, then she shall work twice as hard to surpass even the genius Composer himself. Determined and ambitious, Joan believes that the method to learn is to practice and there are no lack of things to learn about. She will go to great lengths to pursue education, and is unafraid to ask for tips and guidance from those he deems worthy.

Composer: Johannes Brahms
Name: Jonathan Balestier
FC: TBA
Concept: Jonathan led a tumultonous childhood that left him with much trauma in his later years. Finding nature to be healing, he avidly tries to make a name for himself in the musical industry, and is often troubled by his young appearance as a result, believing that one needed to look older to be more professional and respected. Having a polarising personality that alternates drastically from person to person and his aversion of revealing personal information, Jonathan remains much of a mystery to others, something that he believes preserves his freedom. Unable to build close relationships with someone in fear of losing control over his life, he is a lilting feather of a man. Often playing around and cancelling engagements and relationships at the last moment, he remains someone you can't put a finger on.
Last edited by Soleli on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

Soleli
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:15 am

Edited my stuff! I'm super tired atm, tho, so I'll sort out mah dude's fc in the morning.
@Verix; right?? Talk about a good workout jam. And 'yet'? Is he making a comeback?

rubytuesday
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blondehaired on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:56 pm

hello my lovely friends! just wanted to drop my concept in the ooc so everyone can appreciate my babes (; jk, but i am putting my concepts here so everyone has an idea of who my characters are!

C O M P O S E R = George Jacob Gerswhin
N A M E = Graham Gao
F C = Sen Mitsuji
H E X = #f8c950

C O N C E P T = A mind that never quite beat to any traditional drum, Graham believes in non-conformity, and isn't hesitant to tell anyone so. The "new age" of music, being his style of contemporary, has always been a route that gained his interest, and he no longer has a taste for the classics, finding them without the flavor that new music has. While none can deny his talent, many would like to in the wake of his also undeniable arrogance. The type to give his criticisms even without being asking to do so, Graham is very aware of his talents and has a hard time interacting with someone who has the same amount of talent or more, especially in a different style of music. That isn't to say he isn't honest, and is often a strong advocate for it. He doesn't not downgrade talent without good reason to, and will begrudging give credit when credit is due. He isn't clouded by dreams of grandeur or unattainable goals, but sticks to solidified facts and reasonable goals.

C O M P O S E R = Igor Fyodorovich Stravinsky
N A M E = Ingrid Staaz
F C = Guilia Maenza
H E X = #73659a

C O N C E P T = An artistic thirst that can never be quenched, Ingrid's appreciation of art extends much past her compositions. A love of those who are passionate for work rests deep in her chest. Her appreciation can oft overlap into appreciation of people, and there's a barrier where authentic love cannot extend, only a love of aesthetics. Ingrid is known to be soft-spoken and always complimentary, preferring to tell people what they want to hear rather than what may be a hurtful truth. There are those who call Ingrid meek and cowardly, but do not see the fire that exudes through her work. Truly, her emotions are not locked in a jar, but sealed to the pages of her work, usually ridden with tear marks or slightly crumbled from spending vacations in her trash bin. Her revolution begs to be released, a powerful energy inside locked shut by her timid, eager-to-please personality.
cheer the fuck up, you beautiful loser. sincerely signed, you from the future.

blondehaired
Member for 11 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:35 am

@Epimetheus @Verix: Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I am going to have to drop out. It's really too bad :( This looked great! I just don't have as much time for RPing as I thought I would, and I'm afraid I can't handle doubling up right now. Good Luck, all! I will definitely be lurking/reading when this thing gets started.

kokiri_kat
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:35 am

We're sorry to see you go Freckled!! I hope your work load gets lights (just bc work is a pain in the ass) and thank you so much.

ALSO GUYS, your characters are looking super good! I have Chai finished, and I know Felix (Liszt) is done as well (and leon is almost done), so there are some examples of finished characters if you need any help!
<33 I"m super excited to see what you all wrote.

Verix
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Εpιmetheus on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Yes, hello, sorry for being relatively MIA here !! I was trying to finish Leon completely before popping in again so I had something to show for myself lmao. no one google what Bär Klavier spielen means or i'll cry

@Ruby, Hello! :ooo Mad hyped to see what you come up with!!
    @Soleli, thank u so much for ur kind words omg. hastily covers up the fact that we are filling in the gaping plot holes as we go Ik verix already told you but your concepts are stellar and i'm supes excited to see them complete :'))
    @Freckled, As Verix said, we're terribly sorry to see you go, but good luck with getting everything on your plate done!! Just gotta look forward to that light at the end of the tunnel.

And, yes, as Verix said, three characters are now fully complete and in the accepted characters lot for anyone to look at and reference! I know the departure from the typically distinctly separated sections of personality and history is weird for a lot of people, and some expressed concern over whether they were doing it 'right' but honestly we have no idea what we're doing either so anything is aight lma0. Either way, Verix, Cloud, and I all took very different approaches to the "Ètude" section of the sheet, but all fulfill the requirements, so feel free to peruse and see if there's any particular style that appeals to you but you weren't sure would work!

I'll be dropping by again shortly to drop my 'concepts' as well but i'm lazy af :^))) promise i'll have them out soon though!

Εpιmetheus
Member for 7 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!