Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lagshmivar's School For Mystical Beings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Lagshmivar's School For Mystical Beings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Lagshmivar's School For Mystical Beings"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Lagshmivar's School For Mystical Beings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby strawberrygirl010 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:59 am

*testing* Heeeeeeeeeey guys! I cannot convey my joy properly from seeing this TT^TT the tears, s-such happiness!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

strawberrygirl010
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi hi everyone! I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Starlight, but you can call me Star or Sam, whichever you prefer.

I still feel kind of bad considering I sort of inserted myself into this roleplay... Well, I'm glad that you allowed me to rudely shoe-horn my way into this roleplay!
I'm sorry, it just looked really cool and I wanted to participate...

Welp, the character I had in a mind would be a female weredragon who's new to the school.

I'm currently discussing my character's history with Charlotte, but I'm thinking about having her be a troubled student who's constantly being tossed from school to school, so she'd be more around 19. However, since she's a weredragon, and a female at that, even though she's a troublemaker a lot of schools are trying to get her. What I was thinking was that her older sister, who's probably more around 27, gets a new job at Lagshmivar as a teacher or something of the sort (she's a witch). So her sister suggested to the board at the school that they should allow my character to go there. Of course, they were hesitant at first, having someone so well known yet so misbehaved go to a prestigious school like this where she will cause commotion. But my character's sister says that since she's there she'll keep my character in line. (that's what I said in the PM btw. X3)

Tell me what you guys think. ^-^ Also, really FCs or anime ones?

EDIT: Ok, so I already choose a real FC... I hope that's alright. And I'm sorry about choosing another blondie. I just really liked Tabrett Bethell so I went with her. I have a WIP of Danny (her name X3) up. I'd probably have more done if not for the fact that this site is a piece of poop. >.> It crashes too much.
"Music speaks only to those who wish to hear it."

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:46 pm

Alright guys everything is in so we can start posting! If anyone wants to go first, feel free, otherwise I'll get up a post tomorrow sometime :) xoxo

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadyValentine on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:15 am

Hey everyone ^^
It's actually so great to be back into this RP//cheers
Orz sorry for the late reply and all, my laptop has issues with it's batteries so I kept losing my work whenever my battery came out, urgh ;-;

Starlight77, it's nice to meet you aha! I hope you have a good time with us within Lags.

Danny looks wonderful, I can't wait to see how she reacts with all the other students within the school, her backstory seems pretty good too. Your FC is so pretty though//lovestruck

@Charlotte, I'll wait for you to post so it'll be easier for me to come up with something for Vaz and Eric if that's alright with you.
For forgiveness, you could always pray, that the sickness, it could go away. ✪

LadyValentine
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:04 pm

I'd rather if you'd post first. I have an idea but I think it would be better if you kind of set the tone so I know how you'd like me to style my posts.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby strawberrygirl010 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:23 pm

O.O...the error page is gone? YUS! We are back in business! \^.^/ Hi Star!

I have a multitude of nicknames. Usually they're along the line of Berry or Strawberry, but whatever suits your fancy~. I tend to post any newly acquired nicknames all over...no pressure XD. Anyway, nice to meet you ^_^.

You guys have such beautiful profiles for your charas. I've lost my touch with profile formatting orz. Meh, I'll be editing them when I get it back...eventually XD.

Hmmmm...O_O...to post or not to post...I thiiiiink...I would like you to do the honors, Charlotte. Lags was your thread after all ;).

How is everybody?

strawberrygirl010
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:54 am

Yaaaay! We've started!

Well, I had a few questions I wanted to ask before I post, but depending on how fast I get them answered I may just post anyways because I'm super impatient and excited. ^3^

My first question was on what witches are like in this world. I had the idea that they were like Harry Potter witches and wizards, with the wands and spells and brooms and potions etc. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, is there like a central courtyard/garden type area? I assumed there was since Char referenced it, but is it a place where a lot of the people will be going to? Or is the area just more in the front of the school?

And I think I had another question but I totally forgot what it was... if I remember I'll be sure to ask though.

I have sooooo many ideas for things to happened when this starts rolling and flowing.
*cough*Danny goes into heat and tries to fuck everything*cough**cough*

Gee I should get this cough checked out. But I do have more ideas than that. xP

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Starlight, love, I actually forgot there were things to explain. *drops head on table*

We never actually set up a world for Lag's, really. I mean I think there's a basic idea but it was so long ago we just kind of...rolled with the punches.

Anyway, here's what I know about the school (Strawberry, Val, feel free to pop in with anything):

The school itself is basically a huge castle (woohoo!) Tall and kind of a mix between open and inviting to screaming impending doom. It functions day and night because some creatures require different schedules than other (vampires, for example, take nightclasses -- except for Christian because he's like "no, my friends" and also a rebel).

Anyway inside there are dorms, classrooms, hallways with bright windows and lots of sunlight, and dark hallways that kids most certainly venture into and never come out of. The dininghall is the biggest room in the building, and the dungeon is where the bad kids get locked up in *cough*Luna*cough*

There's a forest surrounding the basic land, and a lake with mermaids in it, and mountains around the forest, and people usually don't travel out that far because it's shady as fuck.

The castle gates go in front of the forest but around the castle and inside those there is a huge courtyard (to answer your actual question). There is also a courtyard at the back of the school, made out of like marble or fancy stone, but usually the night creatures chill there *cough*Christian when he's brooding *cough*

Anyway - witches. Are all kinds, types, ect. There can be wands, there can be no wands, so on and so forth. Every. Mystical. Creature. Ever.

With all of that noted -- feel free to throw in whatever you want. Lag's is kind of a place where...everyone's the author. There really aren't set limits to what can go on (except killing people get's you in a lot of trouble at school)

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby strawberrygirl010 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:53 pm

That is a very good question, actually. I would say Charlotte pretty much captured the gist. We have built it as we went.

To add a little, I would definitely say there are different types of witches in this world. The kind you find in the Harry Potter universe with wands and broomsticks likely do exist. There may also be witches on the one side of the spectrum who wreak havoc just because they can and conjure stuff by recitation from spell books.

Nariko, on the other hand would be classified under the "benevolent" or weaker category of witches. Her upbringing has a lot to do with it because her familiars are naturally gentle creatures and she was taught to treat them as such. Like...except for communicating with them and dictating where they can go, they're really just normal butterflies that are attracted to her. She's like a magnet to them. So...they still live, breed, and die like regular butterflies, and new butterflies can agree to join her upon first meeting if they wish and become new familiars.

I never really got around to it either in the previous Lags versions, but there is a small history/tendency with potion making using herbs in her bloodline (after doing some thinking because she is really weak) but for certain reasons they've been kept rather hush hush. Nariko was never taught them, and for the most part her family wishes to keep it that way until they deem her capable of handling that responsibility, and even then they still might not teach her.

Not gonna lie, out of all of the charas here Nariko would be the first to die in combat (her tactic usually is to run and hide). Even if she learned all of the spells, they're not meant for combat. It's...kinda why her family is overprotective of her and sent Yuzuki to Lags as a precaution. That being said, her garden is in the forest, but it isn't too far away and it's in an open space where a lot of sunlight is available, so night creatures wouldn't be smart to hang around there from that, and if I am to understand correctly, they probably would hang out where there are a lot of trees (not to mention Nariko usually knows better than to go outside after dark...usually.)

strawberrygirl010
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:46 am

Really, at this point, it doesn't matter how strong Nariko is at all. Christian's basically like "No. Don't touch. That one is mine. I like that one. I will kill you."

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby strawberrygirl010 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:45 am

Ohmergersh, such a romantic XDD

couldn't resist. He sounded a little thirsty//whut

I guess she can be the brains while he's the beauty and brawn...then again they're both purdy, all the charas are purdy. And Nariko will try to be strong! She'll fail most of the time, but she'll still try! \>.</

So, anyone wanna have their chara meet my grumpy baby Yuzuki? Nariko will accept more company to talk to while tending her garden. ;)

strawberrygirl010
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadyValentine on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:02 am

Charlotte, your description is pretty spot on, I don't think I'd actually need to add on to anything really.

But yeah, Lags is definitely a place for everyone and anyone.

Strawberry, I'll have Eric meet Yuzuki when I get a post up if you want~

I'll make a post soon, I promise.

LadyValentine
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Ahh, sorry, I would've posted by now if not for the fact I went to a friend's house and ended up staying the night... "friend"

Thanks for answering all of my questions!

I'm debating having Danny wander into Nariko's garden and take a quick snooze...
Welp, we'll see. X3 Should have my post up soon.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Yeah so this site is a piece of garbage. I curse the fact that its the only easy site to use.

I hate when it crashes. Why must it crash so much. ;^;

Well, my post is up. I hope y'all like it. If there's anything I need to change, just give me a shout and I'll fix it.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:36 pm

It had been so good about not crashing for so long!!

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby strawberrygirl010 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 pm

O__O...I have brought my crazy luck with me orz

I'll try to post for Nariko and Yuzuki tonight. School is...meh, but I know for sure I'll have time tomorrow so definitely expect one by then.

Help make my rp wish come true o roleplaygateway. Please dun crash anymore. >/////<

strawberrygirl010
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Um, may I join? It seems interesting, and I'm pretty free, so..

If yes, then a couple of male twins who can control the wind. Diff (not too radical, but still different) personalities and methods for wind-controlling, though. They're around 17, and transferred there for their own safety due to external circumstances. Apparently their sociopathic uncle is trying to kill them because they thought he saw a murder he committed, so they're now in witness protection and sent to the board in Lagshmivar School due to it being chosen at random to house them until the killer is caught, so that they can continue to have a social life and have a good education. Also, it's more protected.

Edit// ok, maybe not twins. Brothers. Age 18 and 17.
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Yo, I wanted to clear some stuff up about Danny's voice. Well, her dragon voice to be specific. I was thinking it sounds similar to that of Paarthurnax from Skyrim.
For those of you who don't know who he is, this is basically what he sounds like:
http://youtu.be/TAaBic84F0w?t=3m45s

Its pretty similar to Danny's dragon voice, except for the fact that her's is probably less... dramatically echoing? I think that's the word I'm looking for? I just wanted to give you guys and auditory sample to clear things up!

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi Alle, unfortunately this roleplay is private, but thanks so much for your interest.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!