Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Land Thrust Into Chaos..

a topic in Ghalerion, a part of the RPG forum.

Description Pending

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:00 am

(OOC:Hey Odin let me get a punch in... I let you hit me two times... hard!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:49 am

(OOC: Lol, sorry. I would, but all of your attacks are…trying to kill me. An axe to the body isn’t something I might walk away from. But…let me see what I can do.)

He stepped through the gaping wound that his opponent had forced onto the side of the tavern upon his entrance; hand came to gently rest on the splintering edge as his bare feet touched upon the ground once more. Instantly, he fell more at peace than he had moments ago; he had returned to the earth, to the place where he knew his power to be grand and terrifying – truly, may all take pity on the man before him.

“You know. You talk too mu-�

And irony settled its mighty hand upon the scenario. Odin had become a victim of his own advice.

He had gotten far too cocky and it seemed that he had underestimated his foe; with a speed unlike one to be expected from the sheer size of the goliath at his forefront, the other launched his assault.

He had to think on his feet. Or rather, fight on them.

He understood all too suddenly what needed to be done, and that he would not be able to leave this skirmish completely unscathed.

His body leaned forth and legs flexed; he lofted skywards as the arm came from below to strike him. It was met with his left foot, which bent at the knee to absorb the impact. Arms rose too late as he turned to his side and a fist, impacting with the force of a boulder, impacted against the junction of his arms.

His body was tossed aside like a rag doll, touching ground then sliding against it and forming a rather deep trench as his body continued to dig upon the surface. His breath had been forced from his lungs from the force of impact, and it returned to him in the form of a handful of struggling gasps. He rose unsteadily, dazed even, and stood wobbly as if drunk.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Odin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:17 am

"Hm. Sounds like things are pickin' up a little bit."

Catching the noise of another bellow followed by a sudden crash and smash into the tavern's floor, Dusk could only assume that the one in the mask and the one with the mouth were getting a little intense. Usually the scuffles 'round Ghalerion taverns lasted a minute or two before both participants either offered one another a drink, or one of the two collapsed from too much alcohol consumption.

And speaking of passing out, second drink was finished already and he wasn't going to waste much time before venturing on the third, although before he got to it, a cascade of splinters descended upon the length of the bar, cluttering the the countertop and his head. And unfortunately for just about everybody, a few just so happened to find their home landing in his drinks too.

"...You've got to be kidding me. How am I supposed to drink this now?"

He was a mite bit irritated before, of course, but what was coursing through him now seemed to have surpassed that considerably. There were few things that could transcend his general apathy, but under the correct circumstances, none could do it better than anger. Digits merely curled around his entire glass and gripped it tightly a moment, trembling with that moment of infuriation.

"Someone better be paying for this.." He forced the words out through gritted teeth in frustration. First night back, and he could barely make it through two drinks before someone had to spoil it.

As natural as it felt, he pressed his hands atop the counter with an exaggerated sigh of exasperation and gripped that glass again, turning about in enough time to catch that monstrosity with the mouth standing in the middle of a gaping hole in the wall, no doubt where the splinters had to have come from.

A single word muttered, his arm cocked back, and without hesitation he tossed his drinking glass with as much force as he could muster at the thing's head, the projectile traversing air with an unbelievable velocity for one so fatigued and having already consumed a few beverages. One strike against the creature's skull would've been enough satisfaction, for now at least.

"Bastard."

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:18 pm

It wasn't long before the man had risen the glass to his lips, sipping that fresh everlasting welcoming euphoria, coursing through his systems, perking up the senses and giving him an overall buzz. To Von dreams were made of liquor. However this was reality and not a dream.

Some dreams come true...

He was enjoying that blissful drink, the sweet aromatic smell, lighting those tiny prickles and strands. A malevolent presence soon would come to the occasion...A lust and craving for battle, yearning to fight whenever possible. He was like Dusk in some ways. Enjoying the unfathomable pleasures of competition, watching blood seep down his own arm, chest, legs and all around his entire body.

But still, most people just couldn't put their finger on it. He didn't fight to win some conformable prize, wealth and riches that would turn into some avaristic nutcase; Not that he wasn't.

It was the thrill of battle that intrigued him, that adrenaline rush that enthused his body, fusing him with an unmatched will to go on. Endure punishment, survive even the harshest of blows that he took to his body.

So....he stood up. He gave a brief couple of seconds to look down at Dusk. "I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' pretty stupid....and crazy tonight." A brow quirked up and alerted his conscience to what he just said. "Wait, I'm like that every night. WHAT THE FUCK WAS IN THAT DRINK!?"

Now that he had riled himself up, the time to begin the battle was upon himself. Tilting his neck to the side, he allowed the joints to pop, letting out a sickening crack. He reached down with his left hand and grabbed his bar stool, leaping off rather abruptly.

A few seconds passed by and the sheathe of his high frequency blade held no sword. If one were to look down they'd see it reflecting the light, angling it just enough to cause a small glare.

"HEY YOU LITTLE BITCH FACES!"

The stool was grasped and then slung towards the two combatants, and whatever happened next...

Well, let's just say the bar was scheduled to a crimson paint job.

(( OOC: I'll be able to post more today later on in about three hours. For now continue to have fun. I'm at school right now, so you'll have to wait until then. ))

Alucroas
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Torin's eyes widened as he saw the new combatant coming and although you could not see it through his mask he was giving out a wide grin to the fact of this.

Never before had he had this much fun, Callismus was a sorry bore compared to this, with each passing minute he got even more riled up within this fight.

The claws he made seemed to be working for him, they were not as threatening as the axe but they were more powerful, and allowed him to use speed with his brute strength.

He put his hand up as the glass broke on his hand and he brought it down, trying to destroy the bar stool the new man was using as a weapon "Pitiful." is one of the last things he would say this night.

(I think I play the Soul Calibur Character "Astaroth" really well. LOL)
Last edited by Nightmare on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:32 pm

The whole bloody place was getting riled up by that point. Drunks littering the floors, women screaming, thieves rushing about in a furor trying to pocket whomever they could and escape through one of the newly crafted gaping-holes-in-the-walls which didn't do much for decoration, but they were practical enough for a bandit's route. Dusk couldn't even get himself back down on his seat before some inebriated idiot tossed a boot against the back of his head.

"You can't be serious." He absent-mindedly rubbed the back of his head where the shoe had struck, grimacing momentarily, more so from the mental frustration than the less-than-effective physical assault.

It was becoming all out calamity, chaos, a riot of the rowdiest kind with a bunch of cavalier-wannabes trying to prove themselves before the few ladies that still inhabited the establishment, obviously not looking to leave with a frail man by their arm. The barkeep rushed about in absolute hysteria meanwhile, trying to maintain order.

"I haven't seen a tavern frenzy this wild since Viktor blew xenSity's place to Eden." Dusk shook his head and tried his best to regain his bearings while the beastly creature-thing that was seemingly materializing weapons from thin air spoke a single word that unsurprisingly Dusk had no qualms in agreeing with, at least for most of the tavern's inhabitants.

"Yeah, pitiful lot, aren't they?" He grinned and grabbed another of his glasses, smashing it down atop the counter and quickly sweeping up a cluster of the jagged fragments into his right hand.

It came so quick after that. The accuracy was almost unreal. Six quick shards flicked from the one hand using his two foremost fingers and thumb, one directed towards each limb, another for the face, and a final for the dead-center of his chest. He wasn't much one for spectacles or things of that nature. In fact, all he was really trying to do was get the thing to quiet down enough to let him finish a damn drink in peace without a bunch of splinters falling in it or a fight going on behind the back of his head. Maybe if he'd gotten that he'd be able to give a halfway decent bout if the thing so wanted it.

But as for now he'd have to settle. Those six shards let fly, Dusk swept back around towards his stool and reached out to grab the dust-laden barkeep, pulling him in momentarily.

"Kindly replace my drinks sir. I think it's gonna be a long night."

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Torin grinned as he turned away from the inn "For now this should suffice for power." he said as he walked out of the inn he crouched readying for a jump but before he could a group of men seemed to want to try to kill him.

He stood up with them hanging on him and he turned and jumped backwards, crushing them against a stone wall and ripping up their bodies, now all that was on him were some hand of those men. He jumped back onto the roof of that building and made a strangely quiet escape for his size.
Last edited by Nightmare on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:53 am

OOC: Hope I am cool to join in everyone? I am going to be using the Saladin that I used when the chat was active for Ghalerion! See my profile in the relevant areas. But disregard anything related to the Wing City RP.

A flash of light seemed to fill his vision, brighter than looking at the suns of his homeworld. A terrible feeling filled his mind. What was happening? Why was all of this taking place? He had no answers to these questions, and doubted that he would receive any.

It seemed an eternity that he was surrounded by the most foreboding light. An eternity of near panic. Somehow he knew that things would be different from this moment. But different to what exactly? He could remember nothing but the light, nothing prior to that, a mind void of memories.

He was sure that, for an instant, he was moving, although he had no way at all to confirm his suspicions.

In an instant, the eternity of pure white light ended, and left him in a darkness that was as vast as the brightness, all encompassing.

Consciousness seemd to fade with the light, and he slid into a deep sleep, dreamless and ironically, full of emptiness. He did not know how much time had passed in his slumber, but slowly, he began to become aware once more.

He was laid on his back, he was sure of that much. And wherever he was laid, it was wet and cold, but at the same time, soft. He didn't know where he was at all, but somehow he was unafraid. At this exact mmoment, it did not matter.

He felt the muscles in his face beginning to move to open the lids of his eyes, but he could still see nothing but a blur. He thought it was perhaps early evening, although he could not confirm it.

He brought his body to stand slowly, feeling weakened due to the mental ordeal he had just gone through. Stumbling slightly, it took a few steps for him to regain a small amount of strength in his legs. In the distance, he could hear the sounds of a city, but all that filled his vision was a dark blur, nothing seemed to be in focus.

A slight panic filled his mind again, as he realised that his eyes were not functioning correctly. Perhaps the problem would resolve itself in time, he hoped that it would do so.

What was that weight on his left hip? His hand moved to feel a sword at his side, the metyal of the hilt was cold and yet felt natural in the fingers as the man's hands wrapped around the long hilt. Why do I have a sword?

Silent thoughts, still deep in confusion filled his mind, he wasn't sure why he was here, where he had come from nor what the hell he had a sword at his hip for. How do I know it is a sword?

Panic once more.

So many questions that needed to be answered, would he find those answers? Would the answers be sufficient for him to build some sort of understanding? Would he need to use the blade at his hip? He sincerely hoped not, because at this moment, he had not the slightest clue as to how he would use the weapon. Irrespective of his apparent blindness, he could not muster the skills he should have had, having a sword at his hip like he did.

For the man, all he could do was follow the sounds that seemed to lead to a city. He stumbled along, slowly regaining the strength in his legs as he blindly walked along the soft surface that he had been laying on only a few moments before.

He was unaware of any observers, but should there have been, they would see a black clad man, heavy boots on feet, trousers and round necked tunic of the same hue, a long cape that fell to his ankles. Also they would note the shoulder length , straight and perfectly smooth hair that fell to heavily built shoulders.

Indeed, despite the momentary weakness, the man was a six foot tall figure, who was wrapped in heavy muscles, but even as he struggled to walk, his manner spoke of a grace and agility that was hidden in the moments where consciousness was regained.

It was, as much as he couldn't decipher, early evening, and the coral hues of the setting sun made his hair seemd to be alight. As were his eyes, orbs of sapphire emitting a small amount of light, a glowing fire seeming to be behind those now inactive sensory receptors.

For the man, he silently wondered what events would come to pass from this moment, and how his life would turn out, knowing that he could not recall anything from previously was disconcerting at the very least.

But somehow he was sure that events would turn out well. A calm seemed to cover him now. Perhaps it was his mind activating a self defense mechanism, or perhaps it was a sign of his previous life. The man didn't know, nor would anyone else.

At least for the time being.

OOC: Sorry about the poor quality of my post, but I am sat in a library at the moment, listening to bratty kids whilst trying to get in the feel of this incarnation of Saladin. I hope it is Ok, any issues, just let me know.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:44 pm

After had escaped that city and have headed out several miles away form its outskirts Torin finally slowed down and looked back to see if anybody actually chased him. No a single person could be seen for miles. He continued to travel to Callismus, but first he would need something to hide who he was. He doubted that his creator would just let him kill him, and if his creator knew he was coming he would leave his current home. The next night he found a camp of bandits who seemed to have stolen money and women away from a nearby village. Torin decided to cause a little havoc, one way or another.

He walked up to the bandits asking for gold in his own way. The man who seemed to be the leader commanded him if he wanted money to go steal something from the village that was about 2 miles off, he was too drunk to notice that his man was about 3 times his size and threw in an insult about him being bald, which enraged Torin. He picked the man up by the shirt and thrust him in to the air “Who are you to command me, worm!� he growled as the man made motion for his men to surround him. “Dumb move baldy!� the man shouted “Kill him!� he commanded his men.

The bandits attacked him with a variety of weapons one attacked him with a pole arm, another with a broadsword. These however were the only men to get in a strike. When they actually managed to damage him his rage grew as he grabbed the leader by the throat and threw him at one of the bandits, he than created a Bastard sword and sliced 3 of the men in half. The other 2 who were still standing were wielding daggers and proceeded to try to strike the monster, Torin acted quickly as he punched them and sent them flying about 20 feet. After they reached the ground two men almost as big as him emerged from two of the tents with Mauls.

“It must be my lucky night!� Torin said as he stabbed his sword into the leader and the man under him. He turned to the giant men and motioned for them to attack him. They responded and struck at him with their full strength. He stepped back as the two Mauls slammed into each other sending a shock to the wielders. He raised his sword and beheaded the men while they were stunned and looked at the women who were shaking in fear. “Tonight is your lucky night as well. I’m done for the night so you can go.� He said as he cut the ropes with his sword.
Last edited by Nightmare on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:45 pm

The next sequence of events folded so quickly that even he, even Odin, was hard pressed to keep up with the unfolding pages of destiny’s book. First, one of the men from the bar seemed to have personal qualms with the monster he was currently facing; a glass, then shards, were unloaded into the air with every intent of cracking his skull and piercing whatever one could call the ‘flesh’ covering his form.

The …gentleman with…less than palatable language seemed to want to join into the fray as well, slinging a barstool at them. How juvenile. It passed through Odin’s space once more, as he took it upon himself to duck and sidle to the side, and aimed to strike the creature which seemed to be the bane of al of their nights. Then, all at once, things took at turn for the worst…as a gaggle of mortals took it upon themselves to seize their nights back.

To the human eye, and several steps above, it would seem as if he simply disappeared; existence reached out with its mighty maw and swallowed him whole. The beast struck his back, which housed more than one mortal upon it, against the stone wall in an effort to relieve himself of their scratches and their cries. When he leapt from the wall, to the roof, and made his escape…any eyes that fell upon that stone wall would find a great dent upon it, one too great to be caused by merely slamming against it, and one would find Odin’s form within, hugging the bodies of the men close to his form. They were unconscious, but they were alive, he had seen to that himself. The wall’s now sandy composition filtered to the floor.

Odin rose, the grit of the wall steadily shifting back into its proper place and filling in the dent; back to a bulwark of defense it had become, and he turned to face the escaping monster. The alabaster mask, stoic, merely stared…while underneath, machinations ran swiftly; he would never escape the unrelenting wrath of Gaia…and whether it be today, tomorrow, or years from now…that beast would meet his end by Odin’s hands.

He merely stood there, as if in waiting.

Odin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Dust settled and cleared, the immediate vicinity utterly covered in it at the absolute mess that the creature, whatever it was, had left behind in its wake. All Dusk could manage to do meanwhile was stand where he was in place, gritting his teeth prepared to smash somebody's skull into nonexistence. Yeah, not only had he not gotten his fill of liquor, not only had his favorite tavern been met with utter ruin for nothing more than what appeared a whim, but he had just wasted two perfectly fine drinking glasses and had nothing to show for it. He was a little more than just miffed at such wanton destruction. He was downright infuriated now.

"The thing comes in, destroys half the place, doesn't even bother putting up a decent fight, and then takes off? I swear, someone ought'a have their skull ripped off their bloody shoulders for this." He smashed his fist down into the countertop and tossed a bit of coinage out towards the barkeep, enough to pay for not only the drinks that he didn't get to have, but for the shattered glasses as well.

Turning about on his heel, he paced through the remnants of the needless demolition, hands taking no qualms in forcing away any who were foolish enough to obstruct him at that point. Stepping back onto cobblestone beneath the evening skyline, he drew in another breath and canted his head upwards.

"Ghale, Ghale, Ghale..should've known you haven't changed."
Last edited by Kouketsu on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:46 pm

(( I shall be playing as Ka`zeh in this RP. His profile can be found here: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Ghalerion/i ... howtopic=2 ))

Ka`zeh swiftly dashed through the dimly lit streets of Ghalerion, his breath harsh and fast from sprinting clear across the city from the Ghalerion Special Forces Headquarters. The lanterns hanging from tavern signs were the only source of direction he could gather, but this detective had been living in this tainted city for many years. He knew every nook and cranny like he knew the back of his hand. There was trouble at a local tavern, and rumors spread like a wildfire that the elusive Dusk was one of the participants in the chaos.

"Dusk.." Ka`zeh muttered a bit as the four Ghalerion officers struggled to keep up with the agile detective. The white cloak filtered in the wind behind him as his black locks of beautiful silk hair bounced while he ran. His unnatural crimson orbs were always focused on the objective at hand, and the objective was to catch Dusk and bring him into custody along with the other troublemakers.

Ka`zeh reached the tavern after almost colliding into figure walking away from the tavern. He had no time to deal with questioning citizens, and continued to walk inside the tavern.

"They match the descriptions.." Ka`zeh muttered as the heavily armed soldiers filtered in behind him. The detective sharply glared at both Von and Odin.

"Head Inspector Ka`zeh of the Ghalerion Special Forces. You are both under arrest for disturbing the peace, property damage, and assault," He said in a formal fashion, his right hand snaking across and gripping the hilt of his blade.

"However, you can save yourself by simply telling me the whereabouts of the renegade Dusk. He is my prime concern right now," Ka`zeh added, his crimson orbs penetrating Odin and Von with utmost scrutiny.

Charisma was always something Ka`zeh prided himself on, and he maintained constant control of his voice and the fluency in which he delivered his stern ultimatum.

"The choice is yours."

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:57 pm

Von arched an eyebrow at the comment made by the law enforcer or whoever the hell he was. He could care less about his inferior little mission to catch Dusk and bring him into custody. His current motives were to simply catch up with the man himself and fight him once more.

"Do I look like a damn tracking device to you!?"

A spontaneous swing of his blade merely continued to display his obnoxious behavior, clearly portraying the signs of bewilderment and rage at what was going on around him. He could've used his brain for once, but he had to think in order to even figure out something like that.

"Oh....and one more thing. Try to arrest me and I'll kill all four of your pansy guards. Takin' out two of them at the police station a while back was like a walk in the park. Maybe this time I might have to jog.."

In that moment, his left hand coiled around another bar stool and slung it straight at all four guards, simultaneously, raising his blade upwards infront of the stool so that it would be cut up into multiple fragments, giving Von an easy escape route as he jumped up onto the bar counter-top and kicked off the shelf, grabbing onto the edge and merely climbing up top of the roof.

"Catch me if you can, you shit heads."

Alucroas
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:19 pm

Ka`zeh sighed with annoyance, "Why do they always run? Why? I think I'm quite fair compared to some of the other officers in this division, but nooo! They always fucking run!" He groaned, and they quickly ran from the tavern.

"Split up. Surround the building on all sides. I'll go to the roof and try to head him off!" Ka`zeh commanded, and the elite guards quickly complied with his orders.

The detective swiftly ran into the alley of the tavern, quickly leaping to one wall and then bounding to the next. He gracefully used this method to launch himself unto the roof of the tavern where Von was attempting to make his escape.

Ka`zeh swiftly drew his long sword, pointing it at the back of Von, "Hold it! You are completely surrounded! We will NOT hesitate to kill you! Now come peacefully!" He commanded, his crimson orbs burning with a fierceness only a hardened warrior could bring about.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:26 pm

A light grunt emanated from his lips as the man rather easily caught up to him, lips curled at the meaningless threat that was thrown at Von. A relatively simple hand gesture displayed his current emotions, a sort of pseudo wave towards Ka`zeh.

He swiftly kicked against the roof top, multiple times until finally peforming a daring backflip directly off the roof, landing ontop of one of the many merchant stands nearby, canting his head down to stare at Dusk, wondering what the hell that moron was up to this time.

"You do realize those fuck heads after both me and you, don't ya!?"

Leaping off the top of the stand and walking around infront of him for a few brief seconds wondering what the hell was up next, until he finally used his common sense and peaked around, noticing that there were guards stationed in all four sections of the surrounding area. There was nowhere left to run and simply the only option was to fight.

"I suggest you draw your blade, because me and you are most likely going to be in for one hell of a night filled with BULLSHIT!"

Alucroas
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:37 pm

“You are both under arrest for disturbing the peace, property damage, and assault.�

His head was wrenched from the sky, from the trajectory that his cowardly opponent had decided to use as an escape route, and allowed his masked countenance to turn and indifferently stare at the obvious officer of the law.

Odin was on the verge of responding with a simple ‘I don’t know’ and would go through the necessary lengths to prove to the law-bringer that he had no idea nor clue as to who he could possibly be referring to; he was new in town and hadn’t bothered to ask for names.

Whereas Odin took the road of peace, of compliance with the rules of this town and common courtesy, the one whom he had noted must have been a bit…dull in the head took it upon himself to bring even more discord upon an already shattered night. Odin sighed gently and allowed his right hand to press against the mask, as if a simple motion could even fathom the notion of staving the tides of the headache which lingered at the very edge of perception.

When that hand fell, and his head rose, he found himself alone; one man had fled and the others followed – once more, he was alone.

“An Unnatural could walk about so freely and kill as many people as he wished…no one, besides myself, rose to stop him. One man seemed to wish to engage him, though it was obvious for personal gain…he could care less for the safety of those around him.�

His head shook in slight disappointment; the edges of his robe fluttered out as he began to walk down the road. No real objective lay in mind…he merely walked.

“This night is streaked with blood; how unfortunate. The others won’t be too pleased to hear what I’ve to tell them.�

Vanished

With the wind.

[Exit: Odin Haze]

Odin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:44 pm

"Ugh." He sighed inwardly to himself and slapped a hand to his forehead. All he wanted that night was just a little peace and quiet. Just a little time for himself, a time to repose and regain himself, but it seemed that everything tonight was trying to spoil his tranquility. Man couldn't even get himself a snack without someone leaping down off a rooftop and scaring the hell out of him.

"What are you doing?" His hand reacted while the dust-covered annoyance from the bar paced in front of him, smacking immediately against the back of his head without much remorse. He was already infuriated beyond belief and this guy wasn't helping.

He wouldn't wait much for the response, kicking about on his heels while the sting of the blow still should've lingered, his eyes closing while hands fell into pockets and legs fell into a quick stride around the corner and into absolute darkness. He had no intentions of sticking around for another scuffle, especially after so narrowly escaping the first. Ghalerion was becoming more of a hassle than it had ever been towards him before. His favorite tavern ruined and his favorite inn within it, there wasn't much left in that area of the city.

"Guess it'll be another night beneath the stars? Eh, that ain't so bad." His fingertips twitched about in anticipation while he walked and spoke, at the ready to rend his blade directly from the sheath should it be necessary with the sort of ilk trouncing about the streets tonight. Not to mention the obnoxious one who was probably a lot drunker and of course a lot happier than he was.

"Maybe it's getting to that time in my life where I should settle down. Mother always told me that around now was the ripe age when I should be out looking for a nice girl to settle with."

Well, so Von wasn't the only one drunk tonight.

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:51 pm

One of the guards surrounding the tavern spotted Von quite easily, and a shrill whistle echoed around the area. The other three guards soon arrived, and three patrol guards heard the call and advanced towards Von, armed with crossbows. They each fired three arrows at the criminal, the shots nonlethal and aimed towards his legs to disable him.

Ka`zeh, in the meantime, wasn't so forgiving. He took off at a brisk dash, gathered plenty of momentum, and leaped gracefully from the roof, descending through the air towards the unsuspecting Von. Dusk had narrowly escaped being spotted, so the detective's only real concern now was the renegade Von.

A swift and hard smash into Von's shoulder blades from both feet would be the deliverance Ka`zeh would attempt to make. Von would most likely be preoccupied with the arrows flying towards his legs and the heavily armored guards advancing towards his location to notice the subtle and agile detective seeking to send him flying into the ranks of the guards with that firm kick.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:18 pm

A relatively simple tactic needed in dodging this attack would be of utmost simplicity just as that bastard Dusk liked to apply to fights. Immediately he spun around on one foot, allowing the rest of the arrows to harmlessly pass by, while simultaneously catching sight of the now falling Ka`zeh.

He inverted the blade in his hand for the time being, a swift kick against the ground with his previously raised foot, propelled him off to the side of the attacking man before him. He still had his own mission to accomplish and that was now seeking revenge on Dusk for just leaving him there to die, just another reason to whip his ass in his own mind he thought.

Immediately be began a wild dart straight at two of the guards who had formed the triangle like formation, clearly the bottom of the combined shape they had taken. His agility would be the key to getting around this along with his own acrobatic nature. He simply kicked off a chunk of wood that had been flung onto the street from the explosion earlier by the two perpetrators who had fought previously.

In doing so, he performed a powerful flip known as the dragon screw, thrusting his blade straight down into the shoulder of the guard on the right while simultaneously, allowing the rest of his body to fall to the left, aiming to kick the man in the forehead with his right foot, using his blade that was now stuck inside the first guard as a means of pole vaulting his way into a spin, using the sheer momentum and speed to sling himself directly around and into the alley where Dusk was attempting to hide, this would be his undoing considering he was in the dark, and man coming at him with that exact color on his body would make for excellent camouflage, and he'd use that as a means of re-attempting his first kick to the man which had failed earlier upon his entrance, his alabaster scarf made it relatively easy for him to spot in the darkness while Von had the advantage being concealed and all.

"Get ready....Dusk" Whispering in a rather low tone to himself.

Alucroas
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:31 pm

OOC: Sparknotes version: Robert and Gent introduce themselves to the game, buy a room at a tavern and order some food. be sure to read to get a description of the two, otherwise nothing exciting here.

IC:
Sauntering slowly into town just after nightfall, Robert took in the beautiful sight that was Ghale. He’d been to town before, and had heard the stories. As long as he watched his coin pouch and was careful of which alleys he walked down, this town would be a blast. And with the powerful being perched on his shoulders capable of watching out for him with a second set of eyes, magical or no, there wasn’t much to fear.

Upon arrival though, it was obvious they’d already missed what was likely to be the bulk of the action for the night. Dust, and debris danced among the lights glowing from the city, revealing a tavern that had been, for all practical purposes, completely destroyed.

“Why don’t we pick another place for the night, hmm?� Robert wondered aloud to his companion over his shoulder.Leading his horse away from the wreckage, the large warrior settled with a tavern labeled, “The Blue Boar� before dismounting and tying his hefty warhorse, Rock, to a post outside the establishment.

Tired from a long day of riding, the odd traveler stepped through the inn’s doors, hoping for a soft bed and a warm room to spend the night, though he’d settle for anything with a roof over it. His entrance elicited notice from most of the bar’s patrons, though nothing more than a short appraising glance from all but a few. He was certainly unusual-looking, but they got unusual types all the time in Ghale.

The former knight himself was not unusual, dressed in a normal, tan, short-sleeved traveler’s tunic complemented by a brown pair of hide pants and leather riding boots, with a long sword at his side and trio of long knives sheathed on the same thigh. He was visibly taller than most in the building, but nothing considerably shocking. His muscular build was better than average too, which drew some attention from the women and the whores, but again, was nothing out of the ordinary. His face belonged to an experienced adventurer, his skin darkened and hardened by the elements he was so frequently left exposed to- but again, this was seen frequently around town. The most outstanding feature of his face was the large, ugly scar streaking vertically down the left side of his face, through his eye, though neither of his hazel eyes themselves appeared unharmed. A medium-length ponytail pulling his auburn hair out of his eyes completed the look, leaving his hair to cascade down no further than the base of his neck.

No, what appeared most unusual about this man was the smaller man perched upon his shoulders, seated into the top of the pack he carried on his back. The man was frail-looking, young in face, but with an expression of exhaustion. Even in his eyes, there was a look of being tired. Settled in the harness, the young man slept, his blond hair falling into his bright blue eyes. The rust-brown cloak that served as his blanket betrayed nothing as to why he was riding on this man’s shoulders. He did not look important, nor did he carry any air of being holy, save for the brief flashes of a white tunic with the blood red crest of Lain that appeared now and then beneath the blanket.

“Nice to be back isn’t it?� were the only weary words spoken.

“We’ll soon find out,� Robert chimed back nonchalantly as he observed the room himself, wary for any faces he may recognize, friend or foe. Satisfied with the glance-over, he strode up to the bar and rapped on the table, drawing the bartender’s attention towards him.

“What can I do ya for, stranger?�

“How much for a room and a stable for my horse for the night?� Robert inquired, pulling a coin-purse from within the depths of his shirt.

Hearing the response, the man formerly known as Sir Axgarde laid down the exact price quoted to him, trading the coins for two keys- one to a room, one to a stable paddock out back- and walked outside to lead his steed towards an empty stall.

Returning to the tavern after making arrangements for Rock, Robert found an empty table and pulled his heavy pack off his shoulders, resting it on the floor next to him. Its occupant carefully pulled himself out of his harness in the top of the pack and managed to seat himself in the chair next to his companion, though not without a brief visible struggle.

It wasn’t long before a blonde bar maid strode over to the table, leaning over to address the two men, revealing her impressive cleavage.

“Can I get anything for you boys tonight?� she inquired flirtatiously.

“What’ve you got on the dinner menu?� Robert replied, answering the second question posed to him that night in the same manner- with another question.

“Well, tonight we’ve got chicken, pheasant, pig, and venison available anyway you’d like it.�

“I’ll have a roasted chicken and my friend will have a steak of grilled venison,� Robert replied, speaking for his friend who was still struggling to bring himself back to the world of the conscious.

“You can charge the tab to room 16,� the traveler continued, holding up his key to reveal her that their room was indeed 16, “and include a pair of beers; I’ll take a quart, he’ll take a pint.�

Satisfied with their order, the wench left to bring their order back to the kitchen.

“So what do ya think? Is it worth sticking around a while to see what needs doing and what we can make off of it?�

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.