Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Land Thrust Into Chaos..

a topic in Ghalerion, a part of the RPG forum.

Description Pending

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:19 pm

Von paused for a split second before responding in an unusually kind and assertive matter rather than his normal obnoxious and rambunctiously boisterous persona. Arching a brow for a few brief moments he spoke a few simple words to the guards aiming to gain their trust for the time being.

"I have an appointment with your head detective Ka`zeh -- Official information on the where abouts of Dusk. I can't get a single drink in a damned tavern without him messing everything UP FOR ME!!"

His tone drastically changed as he removed his hat from atop his head, revealing those same familiar medium length black strands.

"Well, is there a place I can stand or sit down and wait for his arrival...Perhaps?" Canting his head around through the room, giving multiple glances here and there, sketching the room in his head for future reference.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alucroas
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:30 pm

The guards paused for a moment, looked at one another, then turned their gaze back to Von.

"An appointment with Ka`zeh, eh? Hmm..alright. You can wait inside the lobby for him. He should be back momentarily," The left guard said, and they both stepped to the side to allow Von passage into the lobby of the Ghalerion Special Forces Headquarters.

"Just have a seat on one of the benches inside," The guard added, resuming his position next to the door.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:35 pm

Von simply nodded his head and continued his course towards the lobby area of the station. Not in the mood for a fight at the moment, figuring he may as well conserve his energy for the time being until the real battle was to commence.

"Thanks... You have any idea when he should get here?"
Making his inquiry to the same guard that had allowed him passage to the lobby.

Alucroas
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:47 pm

The guard remained as solid as stone, not responding at all to Von's latest inquiry. The two large metal doors slammed shut behind the man, and the lobby of the Headquarters became very dark. The only light filtering about the room was that of a few torches lining the separate hallways to Von's left and right.

The place resembled more of a dungeon if anything, black stone walls and a hard cold surface comprised of black onyx echoed underneath Von's boots. A few people were already inside the lobby. Most of them were heavily armed guards, which would only intensify Von's desire to not get into a fight here.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:55 pm

The light went dark in the entire room, encompassing the man in complete and utter darkness. Perhaps they had discovered his identity and were trying to contain him? Why would a lobby just happen to go dark for no apparent reason other than to ensnare someone in their control and take him into custody.

"Something's up...and I don't like it."

He slowly stood up and removed his black trenchcoat along with those same round glasses that were actually unnecessary. He just liked to wear them because he thought it made him look cool. Adjusting the sheathe so that it was strapped around his shirt instead, rolling up the sleeves of his gray turtle neck sweater.

His conscience told him to be ready, slowly reaching for the hilt of his high frequency blade that still resided in it's black metal casing, preparing himself for the worst in case it were to come.

Alucroas
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:16 pm

A sudden loud click would notify that the large metal doors behind him were locked. The shuffle of guards filtering through the hallways would greet Von's ears. Archers lined the stairs leading up to the second floor of the lobby, their arrows notched unto the bows and the strings pulled back to fire at the culprit.

"Word travels fast of your daring feats, my boy," A deep voice similar to that of Victor's echoed about the large lobby. About thirty guards cornered Von against the wall, their spears pointed at a very close proximity should he try to resist.

A shadowy figure stepped through the doorway opposite of Von. A lanky yet ominous looking man of about fifty years stepped from the shadows, accompanied by four deadly looking bodyguards. Their armor was a deep crimson color, and their helmets resembled that of a dragon's head. In each of their hands they wielded long golden scimitars.

"Forgive my rudeness. I am Belarius Licheart, one of the four Arch Generals of the Ghalerion Special Forces. You have been giving us quite some trouble these past few days," Belarius called out in a very audible and intimidating tone, his gray eyes focusing on Von's face.

Belarius was a very tall man, reaching seven feet easily, but despite his height his frame was very lanky in nature. He wore a simple black robe with ivory designs tracing constellations about the front of the apparel's surface. His hair was long and gray with age, completely straight and cascading down his back to about the middle of his shoulder blades. Belarius' face was serpent-like in appearance, his eyes nearly slits and his nose small. His mouth curved into a deadly smirk as he continued to stare at Von.

"Drop your sword..now," Belarius commanded, the thirty guards surrounding Von pressing in further, and the archers held their arrows unto the bow strings, ready to shoot Von down immediately if he attempted escape.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:27 pm

This was one particular case the daredevil of a man could not fight his way out of. Normally not one to give up, but it was obvious that he was completely surrounded and had no chance of winning this battle. He'd be shot before he could even unsheathe his blade.

He gave a brief kick against the floor and sprung himself up onto the lobby's bench, merely tossing his blade still in it's casing off of his back and letting it fall to the floor.

"You've heard of me, eh...Well I suppose with the stuff I do one could only expect SUCH FUCKERS LIKE YOU TO TRY AND STOP ME!"

His voice echoed throughout the room, attempting to gain the man's attention and get him to listen to whatever he had to say. A brief smack of his fist against the back of a wall showed all the emotions he had locked up in his brain right now. In a strange case of irony it had went down dramatically. Cognitive instincts assured him and reminded him of the situation he was and if he lost his temper he may just lose his life.

"Well then, Mr.whatever the hell your name is..What do you want from me? I've seen people go to jail for the exact same thing I've been doing all these years. However in this case somethin's different...Now then you can answer my question or you can send that arrow right through my heart. Your decision, bub."

Alucroas
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:36 pm

Belarius chuckled with amusement, his eyes watching Von's every action with interest.

"It's nice to see someone who does not know the meaning of fear. I applaud you, my boy, and the desire to snuff out that pathetic spirit of yours is very tempting. However, you will be left in Ka`zeh's care for interrogation. You two seem to be the best of friends," He added the last comment for a bit of sarcasm, that solid smirk on his expression holding strong.

"Shackle him and take him to the dungeon," The Arch General commanded, and two guards walked up to Von holding steel cuffs with chains attached to them. They binded his wrists together and attached the chains to his ankles so only walking would be possible.

Three guards armed with spears were to lead Von down into the deep depths of the dungeon, and two archers would follow closely behind should the apprehended criminal give them problems.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:46 pm

It became evident that he was not going to get what he wanted and ths he cooperated. It wasn't like him to do such things, however he wanted to get his hands on Dusk and fight him so badly that putting up with and dealing with the bullshit that old man handed him would be his only way to do so.

"Give me, my damn trenchcoat, and don't take my damn cigs out of there either. It's fucking cold in here." He leapt down from the bench and simply turned his head to the doorway which he assumed lead to the cells.

"We goin' on or what!? I don't feel like waiting on you bastards. Shackle me up so I can get to the cell and get some damn sleep. And I know that Ka`zeh person you speak of. We're not friends maybe half acquaitances at best."

The guards shackled his ankles and wrists and began leading him down towards the jail cells. "And as for you....fuck ball old man. I'll be happy to invite you in my cell for a little go if you still feel like callin' me pathetic. Besides you're the one hiding behind a fuckin' city of bitches." Of course he was referring to the guards that had surrounded him. "Pussy..."

Alucroas
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:42 pm

(( Just for the record everybody, it's Geldyn Rynhart. x_x ))

Why are you running? Geldyn Rynhart III…. What do you seek? The end? Your Twilight? Is there no Dawn for you?

The words traversed his thoughts in what felt an instant, a sudden flurry of questions that brought his pacing to a standstill, fingertips coming to massage at his temple a bit in mild confusion.

I wasn't the one who ran. They were.

That familiar tepid apathy was finally beginning to overcome his mind and return him to his usual self in all things. Of course there was some degree of care for his country that would always remain in his heart, but if it was going to bring so many needless hardships, Dusk might have just been better off destroying those remnants entirely. His head lowered and his eyes fell closed, lips moving while the mind spoke in response to whomever could hear the words.

This city has no saving grace. It shames its country, shames its planet, and shames its people. There's a dawn to be rising somewhere in Ghale, but it won't be found in this city of permanent night.

Hands reached up and tightened the scarf about his skull while he spat out to the side and started again his walk away, a gesture for his last bit of nonverbal disgust for the city that plagued him so.

"Wonder where I can get myself some sleep tonight. The city gates aren't too far ahead."

Footfalls continued on cobblestone amidst darkness and they would not stop that night, not until the man had completely removed himself and every trace of his existence from that godforsaken metropolis. And upon reaching that egress, he turned and gave the city a farewell.

"Oh, may Gaius save your pitiless souls, Ghalerion. Because he already knows I sure as hell won't."

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Belarius did not respond to Von's harsh words, and in fact they seemed to fall on deaf ears as he retreated back into the dark depths of his private chambers. The metal doors were unlocked by the two guards standing at their posts.

It was very good timing, for Victor Marius had arrived at the Ghalerion Headquarters. He pushed the doors aside roughly, muttering under his breath. The Captain was obviously agitated by the occurrences earlier, and was hasty to get to his own chambers so he could enjoy a nice bath.

"Return to your posts," Victor growled, watching as the twenty elite guards that had accompanied him quickly dispersed to manage their own affairs. The large man swiftly headed to his own chambers to indulge himself in euphoric relaxation.

Von was shoved roughly into a very sturdy cell, the bars close to one another so the man couldn't even get his arm halfway through. One of the guards locked the cell and slipped the ring of keys unto his belt. The five guards then stood at the opposite wall in a line, very robotic in demeanor, and just stared ahead into space.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ka`zeh puffed on his pipe a bit, his gaze shifting from Jason to Andrew, and finally to the old man Gent that had exited from the tavern. Was the Head Inspector aware that magic had aided in snuffing out the raging inferno? Yes, but he would not utter a word about it.

The man was obviously infuriated by the methods in which Victor had used. Such methods only insured further chaos in the city, and right now Ka`zeh only cared about Ghalerion's citizens.

"Things seem to be calming down a bit," He said to no one in particular, sitting himself down upon the raised cobblestone street in front of the tavern. Clouds of smoke billowed from his mouth as he continued to smoke his pipe, indulging in the only moment of rest he was able to salvage from the chaotic happenings he had been involved in earlier.

The position of the moon was relatively low, but night would still maintain its grasp upon the city for a few more hours. Ka`zeh knew he would not sleep. Sleep was a luxury the Head Inspector simply couldn't afford.

Right now his mind was racing, and most of the thought processes were full of self blame. Ka`zeh had always dedicated himself to righting the wrongs in the tainted city, but tonight he felt completely powerless.

The man sighed, gazing up at the stars as he whispered quietly, "Gaius...lend me the strength to save this city..to prove to everyone that this place still has hope..."

And so, Ka`zeh prayed.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jason on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:09 pm

(OOC: Sorry it’s taking me so long to reply, I’m not used to an Rp site where people post without a turn structure.)

“You haven’t? Odd� His obsidian eyes, depthless if one were to catch them at the right light, swiveled around in their sockets; the demon’s presence still assaulted his senses, despite how long he may have been gone from the site, and always found it somewhat of a surprise that no one else could pick out the brood.

Traces of energy stained everything that the demon had touched, marked out for some strange and preternatural doom which gilded its very essence; the smell, somewhat of sulfur and another scent not readily identifiable, the unique scent which classified him as an individual, was rank in the air…and it was slightly sickening, to be honest.

The cigarette had found shelter held firmly between his two lips, smoke with motes of silver sparkling here and there billowed from his mouth affluently; his right hand was held out, poised as if holding a conductor’s wand out in a moment of utter idleness and insipidity. Suddenly, his hand began to move side to side, up and down, as if conducting a masterful symphony.

“Yes, he was here; not too long ago either. There’s more of his kind pepped around your…wondrous county.� Mockery crept into his tone, though he wouldn’t be surprised if it was missed; not that he automatically assumed the same of everyone, but majority of people he had met where either to focused on their own matters to note his biting tone or were just…not bright enough.

“Hm, hold on.� The cigarette was removed slowly’; he turned his head and immediately vomited blood; as it touched ground, steam issued forth from its remains as it seeped into the groundwork.

“My body is too frail for its moods.� Mutterings to himself whilst that smoking stick returned.

“So! I take it you are the major …police force around these parts? In your professional opinion, if a demon had found itself within the confines of this city, where do you think it might head? Do you have any places that serve blood, slaves? Maybe the name of some especially seedy bars?� His eyes continued to dart around in a sluggish manner, as if following around a drunk firefly, though his words were clearly for the man sitting down.

Jason
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:20 pm

(( Sorry for the repost, had to edit some things))

Ka`zeh took one final puff on his pipe and overturned the maple object, allowing the black rine tobacco to fall unto the damp stones of the street. He exhaled, the last of the smoke issuing forth from his lungs as he stood to his feet to turn to the man speaking to him.

His eyes widened a bit as Jason turned his head and vomited a bit of blood.

"Are..you okay?" He inquired, a bit of concern evident in his expression as he walked over to the man to get a better view of him.

"Well, I personally have never seen a demon in my entire life, but I suppose if a blood thirsty demon was lurking around here, it'd probably try to find a small defenseless village to attack," Ka`zeh responded to the man's question, folding his arms across his chest as he did so.

"Are you sure you should be out hunting demons at this time of night? And in such poor condition. I can provide a humble accommodation for you in one of our many taverns. Fire proof guaranteed," He joked mildly, smiling at the stranger.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jason on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:53 pm

“Hm? Oh, I’m fine, nothing to worry about; it happens every now and then. Thank you for your concern though.� He had spoken the right words, ones of cordiality and politeness, but they seemed startlingly empty; it was as if he spoke out of reflex alone.

At his next words, Jason found himself staring at the officer with a look of shock. “Never seen a demon? Why, that won’t do at all; I can’t very well expect you to protect yourself against things you can’t even imagine.�

He brought the cuff of his right wrist to press against the edge of his mouth while his left hand timidly held the cigarette; blood stained the sable cloth of his shirt. The cigarette was dropped, his left foot coming against the remaining embers which lingered on merely the filter and ground the fire out of existence. A new cigarette was brought from the depths of his pockets, the very tip of it was gently rolled out around in the still moist blood of his sleeve and he held it to his lips.

“Watch carefully; I can only do this once before they all scatter.� He brought the cigarette to his lips and lit it before carefully holding out the dying ember. His chest expanded as the cigarette quickly dwindled away to near nothing in that one puff; he dropped the butt, brought the flame near his lips, turned his head, and then exhaled forcefully.

Flecks which glinted with argent luminescence shone for just a moment before exploding in a star of blinding light; a demonic cry rose to the sky as a creature, no bigger than Jason’s arm in length, could be seen just in front of the luminal explosion then it wizened to dust and fell to the ground; as the light died away, the ashes seemed to disappear.

Charcoal eyes turned back to the officer in an austere fashion. “You should arm yourself with knowledge; demons have no qualms about taking advantage of the weaponless. I’d like to offer my services to this town.�

Jason
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Ooc: Gent isn’t old, he’s crippled. Andrew’s character’s name is Robert. Please stop skimming posts.

As the words came back on his ears Gent clenched his fists, gripping the staff even harder. “You have all the land in your name and yet you take no pride in working it- no wonder your people have no pride in you.� Gent muttered. If the words were caught into the wind, fine. But it was no longer his business. He had work to do at the temple. Looking around the dusty town, he held out his hand and stopped one of the many cart drivers, or as the modern word was, taxi.

“Take me to the temple district.� Gent ordered with a practiced hand as he was able to crawl into the seat. The young man, hardly older then Gent himself, sneered only to find the blunt force of Gent’s staff.

“Carry on and I might aim for more… delicate parts.� Gent said his voice icy. The youth wasn’t sneering anymore and tugged the cart, whisking the mage away into the city.

The temple district was far by Gent’s standards, but for a normal man it would have been a good block or two. The cart puller was quick and strong and wasted no time in getting to the large temples. Climbing out, Gent paid the boy and then hobbled up the steps, knowing he’d be out of breath by the time he got up there.

…. And he was right.

Gent was escorted into a room where there was a large bell. Under the bell itself Gent knelt down on a soft pad provided to him. The monks walked around trying to figure out how the bell worked without a center piece to ring the bell. Gent smiled to himself as he arranged his crippled body into a praying stance. He shook off his brown travel cloak and in the moon light made the white of Gent’s robes glow, the blood red crest of Lain very clear on Gent's chest.

Pulling the snow white hood up, Gent’s voice took center stage. He tilted his head back and projected his voice up into the bell itself. The prayer was slow, calculated, intended to rest the dead and send them along into the after life. Gent’s voice grew as the symbols in the bell began to glow.

A bodiless toll of a bell rang throughout the city. It could not be ignored. The steady toll matched the somber tone of Gent’s voice. Even as Gent’s voice rose and fell with the ancient prayer to the dead, the bell kept it’s own pace. Gent’s hand then touched the stone work, Gent’s voice, disjoined from his body was on the wind. Not as loud as the bell, but there.

The prayer ended with Gent’s forehead touching the floor and sitting back up to clap his palms once together. For a magic user, they would have been able to see a vast disk of energy sweep over the city as small star like souls traveled to the Heavens above.

Gent leaned back, tired. His pay in a bag in front of him. This temple had paid him well. Five gold coins per soul they had not sent to the after life. Together it was sixty gold pieces and a lot less work for the priests, whose skill to send the dead to their final rest was much less able.

So Gent waited at the temple, taking tea and bread as his meal… and hating every moment he had to listen to some young priest wanting to follow his example.
Last edited by Edge on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:14 pm

A situation that a man of his stature definitely didn't expect to happen had indeed occurred and now he was placed in a difficult predicament. He paced throughout the room, randomly kicking the walls and seeking out whatever entertainment he could find until he passed out.

It was a rather massive annoyance to be locked up in a cell. Fear was almost completely irrelevant on this particular case; Just the simple feelings of boredom and yearning for that goddamned Ka`zeh to hurry his ass over to police station so he could get his interrogation and accomplish what he had planned in the first place. "Can't believe I got locked up for... 'Disturbing....the peace.....' Ironic how nothin'.... not even an utterance about the bastards is even mentioned. And to think townsfolk accuse me of bein' a factor in this city's turmoil."

On another one of his complaining rants that pretty much solved nothing, he was far too zealous to give up -- Of course until his eyes finally started to become heavy, stumbling around the cell, it wasn't long before he finally collapsed from all the energy he had been exerting that night.

Besides. What better to way to pass the time than to sleep it off.

Alucroas
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:48 pm

"My name is Ka`zeh, Head Inspector of the Ghalerion Special Forces. And you are?" “Robert.�

Time had past since that moment; Robert’s hands didn’t mind the mind dulling work of piling up the rubble and the wasted wood. Hands at work meant ears were free to listen and mind ready to plot. The second shadowy figure, who stunk of blood and hatred, had news of a demon on the loose. But it wasn’t the stench that got Robert’s attention as much as the thought of a purse of gold that could be attached. Swinging his fake eye around, he watched on the stranger as he worked. The moon was already making an appearance, a silent witness to what had happened.

"Gaius...lend me the strength to save this city... to prove to everyone that this place still has hope..." At that Robert smiled to himself as the words met his ears, then he looked up at the shadowy figure. Blood dripped from the lip of the now pronounced demon hunter. But there was something else that Robert watched, the smoke from the man’s mouth started to form something… Robert’s eyes narrowed.

A quick flashed revealed the form of the demon, and the eye that Gent had given him saw all. Every detail, every movement the fighter logged. At the same moment a great bell could be heard ringing over the city, by habit Robert looked up to see Gent’s temple work in progress. He would need to get the mage soon.

“You should arm yourself with knowledge; demons have no qualms about taking advantage of the weaponless. I’d like to offer my services to this town.�

Putting aside his work, Robert stood and went to join the talk.

“Nice little trick there. Tell me,� Robert grinned, his hand already drifting to his hilt. “Is that the truth? Funny how someone like you comes along after a demon has passed through. What’s to draw the demon back? Some treasure that you aren’t speaking about?"

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

several days after my last post

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:14 pm

Several days later into his travels he reached a halfway-point to his homelands "Damn... I'm still too far." He said to himself as he continued walking. The moon was high into the night sky as it shined off of a nearby pool of water. His best time to travel was now, when he oculdn't be seen and he could take off the ccloak long enough to burst into his full speed. The cloak would be a burden in moving his legs.

Hours later he made another 1/5th of his journey. His body weary and his lungs exausted. His heart fiercley pounding against his chest. His stomach in knots and nightmarish cramps in his legs. Nothing would stand in the way of him and his goal. Pain is where his pleasure derived from. By the time the sun arose he was about 7/10 to his goal, he put on his cloak and rested against a tree. He got his pleasure from pain but this pain was unbearable to a normal being. He hurt, he was not in pleasure but in pain, the pain he felt when he fought that man at the tavern. He had returned tis original size and his pain tripled as he fell over on his side, unconcious. From the looks of him anybody would think him dead, but he was just barley.
Last edited by Nightmare on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:49 pm

Past the gates he fled and beyond, the trails and wilderness of Ghaleon territory opening themselves while still hidden to most in the looming shadow of evening time. The air seemed to offer a gentle chill against his flesh, the wear and tear of days long past since he last felt real honest shelter easily visible throughout his clothing. There were even the remaining slashes of what could've been nothing less than a finely tempered blade that accentuated his pants.

It was the sort of sight that would make one challenge their vision momentarily, to see a man that appeared so threadbare stumbling through along paths and trails in pursuit of a place that would actually take him. Anything seemed better than the city of Ghalerion at that point, the memories of the night's episodes still vivid in his mind. Dancing flames, shoddy investigators, and little else beyond countless numbers of drunks and bandits seeking it as their sanctuary from the law pervaded his every thought.

"Letting the capital city of my country fall into that? How did any of this happen? Who made these decisions? When--where--how did this all change..?" Each question was spoken breathlessly to himself as he paced onwards in the obscurity of night, the body already beginning to act without the permission of the mind. Out of pure necessity he roamed.

Almost anything would've done it, really. Another city no matter how disreputable its name, a village, even a cottage would have worked. Yet still he paced onwards in solitude, and probably for the better of any soul he might be prone to encounter at this time of night. He might have looked worn to absolute Hell, but if necessity at all demanded it, his blade could still move as lively as it ever had.

And as he continued on that little unwanted nighttime amble, ideas began circulating about him. The capital may have been lost, but there was an entire country that lay before him, and entire country upon which his name was to be permanently etched. There was an entire country full of people left to save, should that have taken precedence for some reason or another. His notions were conflicting with themselves, apathy challenging that inherent desire to bring his sovereignty to the glory it deserved.

"Dame could offer a fortnight's stay. And their people have always been so courteous.."

Whatever fatigue was taking him obviously manifest itself in the resolve he was gaining to find a place worth settling upon, a decent location to first set himself to rest and new clothing and possibly even more beyond that. Whether or not he was going to make a motion to restore Ghale was still well beyond the knowledge of any, but Dusk had at last set his sights upon some sort of goal.

Getting there from the outskirts of Ghalerion half-drunk in the dead darkness of night was another story entirely.

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:59 pm

((OOC: My apologies Edge and Andrew. I was pressed for time when I made those posts, so I made some errors.))

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Robert," Ka`zeh bowed a bit in kind gesture towards the visitor to the city of Ghalerion. His attention was diverted back to Jason, who seemed to be performing some sort of magic trick.

The Head Inspector 's eyes widened with shock as the demon materialized into existence. Had Jason conjured the demon, or perhaps it was invisible? Ka`zeh did not know, but he was certainly glad to see it crumble to ash before their very eyes.

"Amazing..I had serious doubts they existed. How are you able to see them? I mean, not that it matters. I'd be in your debt if you aided this city," Ka`zeh seemed rather excited, almost immediately kneeling down to shift his fingers tentatively through the small pile of ash that used to be an actual demon!

He canted his head upwards as Robert approached, but he was more focused on the subtle movement of the stranger's hand to the hilt of his sword.

Ka`zeh would make no assumptions as he stood, he simply waited and watched. Hopefully the two wouldn't end up fighting. The weary detective already had a lot on his plate.

Jader
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.