Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Laptop stolen

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Laptop stolen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:17 pm

So I won't be on for a lot longer.

I hope to god the cops find my laptop...because if I EVER find the fucker who stole my laptop, I'mma beat the shit out of the motherfucker.
A Fallen Warrior am I, as I lay upon my back, knowing as I raise my eyes to the skies, as I lose the battle of my life, that I will never see again...those that I love. Blood and tears flow gently down my face as I await the final judgment...knowing that I am forever free, yet forever damned as I close my eyes and release my breath for the final time...

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain....It's time to toss the dice...Mat Cauthon-Robert Jordan...Wheel of Time series

"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist..." - Vivi

"Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?" - Steiner

"To be forgotten is worse than death." - Freya

"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." - Amarant.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Re: Laptop stolen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiskis_Naboo on Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:19 pm

What happened?
<><><><><><>
I love you Michaell, SUPPORT IT!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kiskis_Naboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:01 pm

I am sorry to hear that some scum has stolen your laptop, Litomo you will be missed here as elsewhere. I hope they catch the thief and string them up from their genitals.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:57 pm

Damn straight they should be strung up from their genitals, the assholes!

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Kiskis_Naboo wrote:What happened?

From what others have told me, the thieves were watching me and waiting for a perfect opportunity to steal my laptop.

Unfortunately, I presented them a perfect opportunity to steal my laptop a couple days ago. The police have been informed of the theft, and I am still trying to get ahold of Acer so I can get my laptop's serial number.

The fuckers! I use that laptop for communication, work, play, etc. It's my frigging lifeline!

Edit: Just found the email that was used to register my laptop.

Thank the frigging lord I registered it!

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:35 am

EEP! That royally sucks! I hope you find them and beat them up too! If I were closer, I would certainly help! I mean... I hope the police find them. -Cough.-
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 17 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:50 am

I'm sorry to hear that. v.v Hope everything works out for you.

Aelita
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:42 pm

Oh my gosh, I can't imagine what I'd do if my laptop was stolen. I have that LoJack software I still need to put on it to where they could track it if it was stolen.

One of my friends had hers stolen while she was in a bathroom stall at school. She had it beside her bookback and someone took it and she didn't even see them. After that story, I take mine in the stall with me and hang it on the hook on the inside of the stall door. I do that with my purse too (LADIES! Pay attention). I don't care how many funny looks I get, it won't get stolen! I've heard too many stories where people had laptops or purses with them inside the stall on the floor, and people just reach in and grab it while you're stuck on the toilet. That won't happen to me, darnit!

Best of luck in finding your laptop! Keep us updated!
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Melfina...you'd better damn well have Lojack installed by the time I get back!

I don't wanna have another fellow member of RPGateway have their laptop stolen.

So PLEASE get it installed ASAP.

This goes for me too...since I'm trying to get ahold of a replacement system. I will be installing Lojack or something similar for the desktop system that I intend to purchase.

As for my laptop...I'm thankful it has a BIOS password and account password...but I know that it's worth nothing if someone knows how to reset the BIOS password.

Then I'm well and truly fucked.

I hope that doesn't happen to me...yet.

LOL @ Faith. Me too.

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Got a computer now.

Only obstacle left now is internets...

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:07 pm

Did you have to buy a new one, or did you have that other one covered to where you could get a new one? =/

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:54 pm

Buy a new one.

Or rather, lease it from Aaron's. Still, it's better than trying to go to a secondhand shop and buying a PC that has little power. I've seen PCs that are fit for Windows 98 to 2000 come with XP installed.

I am amazed that they try to foist them off on poor, unsuspecting people. And the price is ridiculous too! Over a hundred just to own the PC.

At least, from Aaron's, I'm paying 80 dollars a month...which isn't bad, in my opinion.

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:40 am

Got internet now. From Comcast for 53 dollars a month.

That's not bad, and hey, at least I get to be on all day nao! LOL. That, and be on the IRC channel where we usually come to!

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:09 pm

Update!

I will have internet service installed TOMORROW! YAY!

Thank god I don't have to pay those damned technicians when they show up.

50 dollars for installation fee...(Usually a 100 dollars) and was given a deal of 19.99 for cable internets...6MB for six months.

They never told me they'd cancelled my order from last week Wednesday. I had to call the damned idiots today and ask what the hell was going on.

Found out they'd cancelled because I was a new customer, and a tech was required to come and install.

So I asked them to do it. But told 'em I couldn't afford 100 dollars of installation fee. They whacked it down to 50...and gave me the deal of 20 dollars a mo' for six months.

Good outcome, I'd say!

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:58 pm

I've heard bad things about Comcast throttling BitTorrent traffic, what's your experience so far, if you use BitTorrent?

It's a really good idea to install Lowjack or something similar on laptops, and there are a bunch of free options out there, too. I don't know of any (I haven't picked a laptop yet) off the top of my head, but I'm sure Google will turn up some good results.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 17 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:32 am

I haven't tried using P2P programs just yet.

I'll test that theory though, when I've the time. Then I'll get back to you with that...but yeah, I've heard the same things myself.

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:04 am

You'll be proud to know, Litomo, that I installed LoJack on my computer finally, like last week or the week before. =D

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Indeed, I am proud to know! :-D

Good! At least you'll now be able to track it if it gets stolen!

LitomoSilver
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kheelan Razor on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:04 pm

Angel you said u hang ur laptop and purse on hook on stall door. beware if there is a gap above the door thieves will grab ur stuff and run with it if they think something is hanging there.

Kheelan Razor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:56 am

Oh, you're right Kheelan! I just don't feel safe in a bathroom at all anymore!

My laptop would be very hard for them to yank over the top of the stall door, but my purse wouldn't.

I dunno what to do now. =(

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!