Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Later!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Re: Later!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:31 pm

haha. Tell anyone what? ~_^

And now to get us somewhat on topic, how is your car doing, April? How long will it take to fix it? Did you get a Mustang to drive while your car is getting fixed?

My brother totaled his car on Monday. He was in an intersection about to turn left. When the light turned yellow, he went to turn (c'mon, we all do this) because he thought oncoming traffic was stopping for the light, but one of them decided to gun it through the light instead, slamming into him t-bone style at 55 mph. =/ The stupid bitch (sorry...but it's so nice to say that word right now) was 6 months pregnant, and got out of the car fine, screaming that she needed an ambulance since she was pregnant. Luckily my brother was fine, but unluckily, he was the only one charged; he was charged with not yeilding to a yellow light, which is fine and peachy, but she ran a damn red light and was speeding and she didn't get crap. BLAH AISUYDFKLASJGD:A!

My brother just got his brand new 2008 Corolla 2 weeks ago. =(

Luckily (That's the word of the day apparently. I've used it enough.) he didn't trade in his old beat up car, so he has something to drive while his car is fixed, but he still hasn't heard back about how much it will cost or how long it will take. I mean, even the panels on the side that wasn't hit were bent out of shape because she hit him so hard. When we get some pictures, I'll post them. That should be Monday or Tuesday hopefully. I haven't even seen the car myself, I'm going by what my brother told me. =/
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:37 pm

EEK! I'm glad he's alright, Dani. I really try not to turn on yellow lights unless it's totally clear because I am always afraid someone is going to run a red light. Stupid speeding lady should've gotten a ticket too. My car doesn't get fixed until the 22nd of October, so I have to try around with it and watch the expressions of people I pass. XD

Ah well. I better get a mustang! XD
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:10 pm

Jeeez, the 22nd? That's a long way off.

And yeah, I have certainly learned through my brother's mistake to be very careful when turning at yellow lights. I usually am. On the rare occasion that I do dare myself to inch out and turn during a yellow, I will hold up traffic for a whole minute if I have to so that I can make sure everyone is stopped. I'm already too paranoid in that when my light turns green, I will look to make sure everyone has stopped, because a lot of IDIOTIC people will still try to gun it when their light is completely and unmistakably red and has been for several seconds. I have seen too many times when people run lights waaay after they've turned red.

There is this one intersection near my apartment that is huge. It doesn't really get very busy there except when the elementary school lets out. Well, there are like...4 lanes on every side, 2 turning and two to go straight. The turning lanes have their own lights and go separately from the people who go straight. Well, at least 50% of the time, when the TURNING lights turn green, someone in the lane going straight will go, because they just see GREEN and don't think twice about it, even though their light is red. It's really dangerous right there, so I'm always cautious.

It seems like driving used to be so much fun when I first started, but now I feel like I'm steaming with anger or scared out of my pants by the time I get anywhere because of all the stupid people on the roads.

EDIT: I also work downtown, and have the best view in my city of the square. The windows looking at the square are RIGHT behind me, and ALL day, I hear people honking at each other and crap. When I get up to do something, I usually glance out the window or something, and traffic is almost always backed up by some idiot who doesn't know what they're doing. There are also firetrucks and ambulances that pass by here at least once every hour or two. I can't help but wonder how many of those are car accidents.

(I think today is National Dani-post-really-long-posts Day. o.o)

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:34 pm

Glad you're ok, April. Being out in the middle of nowhere really isn't a good place for anyone.

And as for turning at Yellow lights... I never do turn at them unless I have more than ample room to get into the lane and accelerate, whether or not my car has the horsepower to go 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. (Which I don't have a car that can do that).
AceDarkfire's deviantArt page
Former RPGateway Admin

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:53 pm

I do about 30 to 35 thousand miles a year for work and have learned the only way to stay remotely sane is leave big gaps and don't stress because otherwise it will kill you.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.