Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legend of the Dragon Soul

Legend of the Dragon Soul

a part of “Legend of the Dragon Soul”, a fictional universe by Oblivian.

When a legend of 11 dragons vanishes from history, the world begins to fall into a state of chaos. Now, the only way to restore order is in the hands of destined individuals chosen to finish what the dragons of old could not.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Legend of the Dragon Soul”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Legend of the Dragon Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 pm

I just today finished thinking up the new recreation of the RP. There will be some changes to both story and world. But the biggest change are on the characters. They will be reduced down to 6 characters (dark, light, fire, wind, water, and earth) If anyone still wishes to join after those spots are filled, they can think of another character that might be added to the story. Also each person submits TWO characters, since it will be made up two in each character sheet, the human, and the dragon. The setting that changes is that the characters will be of a human that makes a pact with a dragon. The dragons will be divided into a tribes per each element. The story will be explained when I set up the RP. But each person will have a dragon companion that, at first, has only a small dragon form, since in order to enter the human realm, their powers are used up, reducing them into their first form. Then, as they recover their power, they return back to the young dragon form of theirs. IN the mean time, both human and dragon share each other's strength and sometimes combine in two ways. The human sharing it's strength to the dragon so the dragon can change and increase it's power, or the dragon shares it' power with the human, increasing their strength.

I think this new set up will be a lot better since, with the fact of two character types per person, there will be two different things happening per person and can help prevent people from placing to short of a post with having more characters.
~The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadow becomes~

Inspiration Music for my RPs
Fairy Tail - Dragon Force
The Legend of Spyro - Valley of Avalar
Iji - Tor Battle
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Back to your Friends

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:32 pm

I am back ppl.

Will this storyline be related to this one in anyway? I still want the Light position regardless. So if I am getting this straight, does this mean that the dragons start out as hatchlings?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Yes you can still have light no worries XD and glad to have you back.

Also, no not hatchling. The situation wit the dragons is that when their born, they start out as small dragons. With ageing and gathering more power from their element, they grow larger and more powerful. So the bigger the dragon, the more powerful it is. But, for a dragon to pass through the regular gateway that connects their realm with that of the humans, all of the power within them is used for that travel. So a large dragon comes out in the other end as a small dragon. Not hatchling size, but still small.

As for the story, there will be a number of changes to the story so to fit in the different dragon tribes. So the story will be a bit, or even greatly changed. In other words, it's a new RP, but still inheriting the whole "dragon" scenario is all. But I plan to try to change less of it as I can.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Okay that is fine. Let us know when it's up.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm at work right now, and I think I got a good idea. It will take place in the past, during the events that is now ancient history in this story in this one. So it will be around the time where Elendia is new, and will involve some slight rewriting of the history to better suite it. But, best part is that it will be cut up into several "season" to set up the whole story before we ever reach where we were in this RP. If I can work this right, I can hopefully make a very long story RP for all of us to enjoy, going through legends in the world of Elendia with the dragons =3

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:34 pm

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/dragon-legacy-dawn-of-the-dragon-war/

AND it's up. I hope you all will like this final attempt to remake this RP and will stay along with it as I plan to create it into a long run story RP ^^

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HereMeNow on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Awwww but I really liked playing Ice =(

So does that mean you figure this RP is dead again?

HereMeNow
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Yeah afraid so. But if you can be creative enough for a character in the new one I can make an accepetion XP

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!