Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Legend Of Zelda RPG

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Legend Of Zelda RPG

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:21 am

I am contemplating starting a zelda rp. If you have any ideas or preferences as to which game to bas from or what characters should be in it, start posting here!

I already have a name. The Rise Of Ganondorf. It will be mostly about him. of course I will have people be link and zelda, but ganondorf will be the main character. I am thinking to base the land plot on either twilight princess or ocarina of time.
Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with?
-Ganondorf-

And so... You must be silenced!

What does not kill you only makes you stronger, or puts you into a diabetic coma.
-Lord Validrir

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shronian
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Legend Of Zelda RPG

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Base it on Ocarina of Time, that's a classic, as for characters you'd need Link, Ganondorf, Zelda/Shiek, Rauru, Saria, Darunia, Princess Ruto, Impa, Nabooru and Navi for the Ocarina of Time setting and Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Midna, Zant, Ashei, Auru, Rusl, Shad, Telma and Ilia for Twilight Princess

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:31 pm

I think it's a bad idea for all the characters to be played by players. Personally, half the fun of RPing for me is making up my own character. As for a story, hmm....

I think it would be cool to fill the void of the seven years between the two time periods of Ocarina of Time. Begin the RP just after Link is trapped in the Temple of Light and the triforce is split in thirds. We can play through Ganandorf's conquest of Hyrule and usurption of the King. This would give the story potential for free-form RPing (since we don't know exactly what happened during that time) and would fit the title "Rise of Ganandorf."

NPC's:
The King of Hyrule (I don't think anyone would want to play him, since he'll probably die quickly.)
Ganandorf
Buttloads of soldiers

Required Players:
Zelda/Sheik
Impa
Big Brother Goron
Whatzername the Gerado who won't follow Ganandorf (Naburu or something?)

OOH, AND I WANNA' BE A GORON!

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Hey, this is really, really scary. I was thinking of doing this like three days ago. It would be really cool if you started this. I, personally, think it would be cool to have someone play Ganondorf. It would have to be someone who can be very dark. Also, if you're planning on doing some kind of character creation option, I think you should list available races. (i.e., zora, garon sage, kokoriko,the starting villiage in "Twilight", hyrulean, and whatever else you can think of)
I'm collecting moving avatars. If you have one, send it to me in a private message.
ImageImageImageImageImage

If the music moves you, the people care about you, and the place is like home, savor the moment!

Time stands still for no one! What are you standing around for, there's chocolate to be eaten.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:30 pm

Just so you know, I already have someone who will play ganondorf.

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:05 pm

That someone is me. And for the peace of mind of all those who will be playing, I can be so dark that you will be thrown into a spiral of complete and utter dispair should you try to fathom my evil. I will be your blighted past, your anguished future, I will be Ganondorf.

lol, I love writing like that. But seriously, we would need a group of people to fight against ganondorf. I was thinking that the gorons and zoras might fight along side each other. Of course this would be after they can get over their differences. Also the sheika would play a major role in the war with ganondorf. Of course they would be utterly destroyed in the end, as per the story. I'm thinking that they would strike from a hidden city in the mountains, or the forests. But once Ganondorf finds out where they are comming from, that would be the end of them. After a huge battle of course.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:03 pm

I shall play Zelda/Sheik, unless there are any objections

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:52 pm

I have a question for you, shronian. Are you planning on having anybody play as Link, or is he going to be an NPC? I think he is very invaluable. Off of that note, have you decided on which time period you're planning on choosing? I only ask because in Ocarina of Time there was a king of the Zoras and a princess. But in Twilight Princess, there was a Zora prince. Depending on which one you're choosing, I would like to be the prince.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:05 pm

You should totally do this!
It'll be alot of fun.

P.S: Twilight Princess timeline would be cool, mostly because I didn't have Ocarina of Time and only briefly got aquainted with it cause a friend of mine had it. :P
No worries though, if you choose OoT, I'll just do some research. :)

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:14 pm

Lord Validrir wrote: But once Ganondorf finds out where they are comming from, that would be the end of them. After a huge battle of course.

Huge battle? That's lord perogative, I suppose, Your Majesty, but I think it would be far more badass for Ganandorf to just use his Triforce of Power somehow to kill all the Sheikahs. At the same time. By himself.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:42 am

An interesting thought. It would be very cool to have him destroy them himself like a relentless jugernaut. My original idea was to have him use his army of summoned monsters, but I like that too. Of course this is shronian's RP, it's up to him.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:06 pm

I will assign certain people main characters. I a=m thinking of useing Village Alchemist's idea of filling the seven years while link was asleep in Ocarina of Time. As for the sheika, there will be a battle. It will allow closure for the characters.

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blindsite on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:47 am

Score!! Yes you really should do this. Although I'd hate to lose Link I'd have to agree that the 7 year period in OoT would be best. (Well we've got admit, Link never actually talks so we don't exactly know much about his character per se.) However 7 years is a LONG time. I doubt we're going to fill that entire time span. You guys mentioned battles. Perhaps we could center the story around them, and other major events, to time lapse a bit forward into the future. Of course trying to take the entire stretch on is great too. Hehe I've got the Kakariko village music going round in my head right now. Man its been a long time.
--------------------------------------------
And I just reread the thread. O well guess I was a bit too excited. It happens. When is this RP going to be made? If it's already up could someone let me know so I can join. I'd rather not wade through a dozen pages on the fiction board. By the way may I suggest we make Hyrule WAY BIGGER. Like the original Hyrule for N64 was, let's face it, kind of small when compared with the hype. I think it would be better to use the concepts rather than physical dimensions. Like were the Lost Woods or Kokiri Forest really that simplified in your head? OK... must calm down. And yes I played waaay too much Ocarina of Time back in the day.

Question are we going to start right at the beginning of the 7 years, the middle or somewhere near the end? I ask for several reasons: Ages of known characters like Ruto and Malon, if we're going to end with a battle then I doubt it would happen at the beginning and state of the land (has everyone from Castle town evacuated to Kakoriko and has the Kokiri Village been taken over by evil shrubs and flowers. And yes forgive me for my lapse in terminology. Its been a very long time.)

Blindsite
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:02 am

We will start from the begining. All that you mentioned will come to pass at the will of Ganondorf (Lord Validrir)

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:57 am

Blindsite wrote:By the way may I suggest we make Hyrule WAY BIGGER. Like the original Hyrule for N64 was, let's face it, kind of small when compared with the hype. I think it would be better to use the concepts rather than physical dimensions. Like were the Lost Woods or Kokiri Forest really that simplified in your head?

I think that's implied. As it stands, there's only four villages in the land--I say VILLAGES, not cities, none of them even have a hundred citizens! And one can walk from the Gerudo Desert to the Kokiri forest in a day.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blindsite on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:29 am

This being my point: Do we want to keep Hyrule small, something I think they did more because of memory restraints than any other reason, or do we want to actually make Hyrule semi-realistic? If nothing else there should be way more people running around. I mean we've got a honking castle there. That means servants, guards, kitchen help, entertainment... Even a skeleton crew has to have something. Like 1 cook couple of kitchen hands, dozen or so guards, another dozen servants for cleaning/doing whoever's bidding, and then there's the royal family itself. So let's guess theres 40 people living in the castle itself. Another 40 living in the surrounding town (there were a lot of buildings there a lot of which we couldn't get into.) That's already 80-100 people to feed. Lon Lon Ranch would have to be a lot bigger, there would need to be farmland on Hyrule field or people would need to regularly go hunting in the forests. And that's JUST to service Hyrule Castle town. Perhaps Kakariko villiage is smaller, maybe 20 people who can get by on eating cuckoos and living off fish found in the river (though considering that the river next to Kakariko gets the castle's run off...) that they can survive independently, at least at first. Basically what I'm saying is Zelda, being a game, had certain details left out. And although we don't have to fill in EVERYTHING we as writers should at least allow for a more plausible "Land of Hyrule" than a 64 bit console can provide. Never mind the fact that wouldn't it just be better to have more room? Epic battles, sneakier ambushes, great chase scenes and more horror when Ganondorf goes and burns the villager's crops as a punishment for defying his awesome evil will!

Blindsite
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:08 pm

It seems to me that Hyrule should be bigger. More people, more land, the whole shabang. And yes, things will happen at my discression. But it is my intent to keep the story going, even if it means jumping ahead several months or even a year. Although this would only happen at the end of major events.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:23 pm

GRANTED!

(more land I mean)

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:59 pm

By the by, the RP will be starting soon. Shronian and I have just spoken and we speculate it will occur sometime in the next week to two weeks.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blindsite on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:00 am

Cool. I hope you aren't going to be stingy on available playable races. Far be it from me wanting to try and be say, a Stalfos, It seems to me that at least all the main, if not secondary races should be available. Hmm is Gerudo considered a seperate race or just an occupation? Anyway I myself am aiming to be a Zora, though that isn't written in stone. And may I say YAY WE'RE FINALLY GETTING THIS PARTY UNDERWAY!

My Concept of "Main Races"
Hylian
Goron
Zora
Kokiri
Gerudo

My Concept of "Secondary Races": Before I continue I realize a lot of these are considered "monsters" but since they aren't always hostile it does seem plausible that some would be used as playable characters. If then using them as NPCs would make for an interesting storyline.
Deku Shrubbery
Undead (Stalfos, Skullkids and Stalchildren)
Moblins (these were seen briefly when adult Link attempted to get to the Forest Temple but seeing as the world is changing...)
Animals (The Owl for example...)
Spirits (Poes, ghosts, Dark Link)

Tirtiary Species: Things I wouldn't even consider using.
Plants.
Assorted monsters.
Nonsentient Animals (cuckoos, cows, fish, etc)

Blindsite
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!