Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legends of Kaznerath

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Legends of Kaznerath

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Hald stepped inside, the gloom was pressing in around him. He let his eyes adjust but he only saw inky black. He heard Sirus say "This will not do." Then snapped his fingers, causing an orb of light to appear in his left hand. As the light played along the walls, Hald peered at them, his curiosity peaked as he stepped towards one of the walls. He turned back at Sirus and whispered "The walls are carved in a manner that depicts more than hammer and chisel. I can see the traces of magic used here." Hald wandered down a little further and pointed at bas relief, turning he looked back at the elf. "Come look at this, I am not verses in magics, can you make anything from this?"
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Atral heard the Dwarf, and the elf enter before he could see them, and he sighed a sigh of relief. Suddenly a light appeared, seemingly out of no where. Atral sheathed his sword see no reason to be wielding it now. Atral walked up the two to find them looking at the walls, which looked far to fine for any Human, Dwarf even fro that matter. "Ah thank you kind Elf." He said with a awkward bow. "I am Atral Mekailen. And you?" he asked holding out his hand, waiting for the elf to return his greeting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hutch
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Dernit, Akishra thought, as the elf caused the light to appear. She'd had fun tormenting the human. But he had called her a cowerd...that would not do.

Quickly, and quietly, she used the bit of telekenesis she had left to hold him back again, and prevent him from moving. Her eyes cought the elf quickly, and she wondered how he had seen her moving the rock if she was inside the cave, but then thought nothing of it.

'You called me a coward,' she said to the human. 'That, I can't allow.' She gave a small, humourless smile. 'Boys who go off on their own get what they deserve. Even children know better then to enter into a tunnel on their own. Especially this particular tunnel.' She paused for effect. 'Bad things have happened in this tunnel. Children have been murdered, women raped. This is a place where killers and wrong-doers lurk. Of course...' she added, 'if you wouldn't mind being killed...'
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Akishra
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Sirus listened to the woman's speech and nodded his head. "She is right, this place is evil, but even so we should not wander alone. However, please do not use telekinesis on the man, that's an unfair advantage." He turned to the man called Atral and greeted him. "Very well it is to have met you Atral, I am Sirus Elmoran." He then turned back to the wall and examined it closely. Hald was right, magic had been used here. It appeared that the cave they were in had not been carved at all even, but grown. Some clever magic wielder had caused the stone to retract backward untill the room they were in had been created. He shared his findings with the group, and explained his theory. "What do you think miss... Actually I don't believe you ever told your name. What might we call you?" He asked as he looked back at her.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:07 am

Hald listened to Sirus question the girl, all the while he examined the walls. Dropping his pack he reached inside and pulled out a small hammer. He started tapping the walls, slowly, listening to the resulting thrums. Hald walked around and tapped, there was something odd here, there didn't appear to be hollow spots, natural pockets of air couldn't be heard in the walls. With a frown he replaced his small hammer and looked at the rest of them. His mind racing as he said solemnly "Not just evil, evil with a purpose. A designed evil."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Atral stopped mid step once again, let out a short weak burst of laughter "Coward?, Really now I remember no such thing, I mearly grew tired of waiting, this place does make me uneasy." He looked over to the walls examined them a little harder this time, 'yes.. was that.. no yes it was'

"Look over there." He said nodding his head, the only part of his body he still had partial control over. Towards the stone he had spotted, the one with some strange sign on it "What do you make of that?, Sirus?" He directed the question to Sirus the elf, the only one that seemed to know much about arcane arts.

Hutch
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Akishra unleashed the man, though more to her growing weakness then the elf's request. She saw the symbol, and froze, horrified.

'...Please...' she heard herself whisper, involuntarily, 'No...'

It was back. He was back. He was here.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:50 am

Sirus turned abruptly and faced the girl. "No, what?" He had heard her whisper and didn't like the sound of it.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:27 am

Name: Boroflint Grindwheel
Race: Goblin
Class: Goblin Shaman
Weapons: Long, steel staff with prongs at the end ( is like a taser, if stabbed by it you recieve a highly painful jolt of electricity.)
Abilities: can climb walls, Adept in mining knowledge (much like a dwarf), can see in the dark, his eyes glow in the pitchest of all darks.
Powers: Thunder clap- electricity spell
Fire power- fire spell
Health regeneration- can heal himself or others.
Appearance: Wears fine, purple and gold robes and has a wrought, gold crown on his brow. Green skin with large pointed ears. Has exceptionally large eyes, and his canine teeth jut from his bottom jaw a little. He reaches a hight of 5'11, tall for a goblin.
History: When he was of a young age he was apprentaced by a goblin shaman and was taught many things. He is now widely revered by all races.

NOTE: goblins are not a tribal race of hooligans! They are a Civilized race and supply this world with many inventions and industry!

Boroflint had been slumbering in the shadows of the cave when the others had entered, there noise woke him.
"No, what?" He heared an elf say. Suddenly his eyes glowed in the darkness.
"Please, some of us are trying to sleep." He tyhen stood and glared around at those who had disturbed him. Two were frozen in a terrified state and the others, the elf and a dwarf, looked quite surprised by his sudden appearance.
Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with?
-Ganondorf-

And so... You must be silenced!

What does not kill you only makes you stronger, or puts you into a diabetic coma.
-Lord Validrir

Shronian
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Sirus whirled around and pointed his staff at the goblin.

"Who are you?!" He demanded him, the end of his staff glowing a menacinig red.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:11 pm

Akishra didn't even notice the goblin. She didn't even care. She kept her eyes fixed on the symbol on the wall, and took a few steps back until she hit the other wall, keeping her eyes fixed on the symbol.

Images flashed through her eyes, images she supressed almost immedietly. She could hear the elf say something to the goblin, but it was distant, and indistinct. But that didn't matter to her. Nothing did. Just the symbol, buring into her eyes, carved on the opposite wall.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:35 am

Hald had also faced the goblin, his massive axe held in check. His eyes peered at the creature, "Goblin!" he spit angrily, more at himself for not checking this room further. Damn the carvings had distracted him, he peered at the goblin's garb, it wasn't a warrior.
Snarling Hald said softly "I'd wager master elf that this is a magus of some sort. He isn't attired as a warrior, goblin or not." Placing his feet slightly apart, he shifted his weight so that he could step forward and swing the axe in a massive cleaving sweep, towards the goblin's torso, if he had to

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:11 am

"I have armor underneith," Boroflint shrugged, not phased by being at the business end of both an axe and a staff. "I am Boroflint, Master Shaman. You can put those away, I have no intension of harming you." He then stood from his crouching position. Looking towards the humans he asked, "What's the matter with them?"

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:34 pm

Gallidron gave a half smile. "I'm sure you don't." He said sarcastically, while keeping the staff pointed at the green visitor. "And as for them, we don't know." He looked back and saw the girl backing into the opposite wall. "Hald, kindly watch the goblin for me. Boroflint, don't make any stupid moves." He walked quickly over to the girl and looked her in the eyes. "Look at me." He said firmly. "Who is back? What does that symbol mean?"

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:04 pm

Hald nodded as Sirus went to the girl and looked at the goblin. "They are humans, no one but another human understands them." He shifted his position so he could observe the goblin and the humans as well. Clearly since he had arrived the humans seemed odd. The man and woman arguing with one another. The man wandering in here, knowing he couldn't see in the dark. The woman now uttering fearful about something regarding the runes.

Hald shrugged as he looked at the goblin again, as if saying sorry, but they were here when we arrived.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Atral shook himself regaining his composer before muttering a "Thank you, once again..." To the woman who kept putting him in a paralyzied state. Just before she started muttering, fear stricken she backed up to the other wall still staring at the stange symbol he had pointed out, despite the goblin... GOBLIN! Atral shifted getting intoa combat stance taking out his blade. Even though he had clearly said "You can put those away, I have no intension of harming you."

At this moment Atral apreciated having the others around, if not for them, they could have been cuaght un awares and cut down easily.

Hutch
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Akishra was only aware of two things: the elf coming up to her, and asking her a question. She was aware of him looking her in the eyes. "Look at me," he said firmly. "Who is back? What does that symbol mean?"

Akishra gaped at him for a bit, then looked down, scrambling to show him. Her fingers shook as she fumbled with the clasp of her cloak, then simply moved it to the side, pushing it over her shoulders, revealing a rather shapely figure. She undid the first few clasps of her leather vest, and pulled one side back to expose the top half of her left breast, then looked back at the elf, terrified.

The same symbol had been carved into it, with a knife, several years before.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

"By Talingue." Sirus whispered. Talingue was the elven word for god. He saw the scar and knew that symbol held terrible meaning for her. "You have to answer me. I know we are not well aquanted, but I cannot help you, we cannot help you unless we know what that symbol means!" He grabbed a hold of her sholders and attempted a trick of his. Staring at her, he used his magic to try and calm her and persuade her to speak. He would have to see if it worked.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:24 pm

His grab brought back bad memories, and she pushed him rather forcefully away, stumbling back along the wall. She coughed, choking back tears of the memory. 'H-him...' she said, her voice shaking, and unusually high. 'H-he...I...He...probably...he's connected t-t-to this...I-I know it...' she choked again, unable to go on, except for a few more words. 'We...I...We have to go. He...He'll f-find us...' She looked behind her, glancing outside the cave, then looked back seriously. 'W-we...The man...Who gave us the quest...' Aki paused, to order her thoughts, and swallowed rather forcefully. 'The man who gave us the quest is waiting outside,' she said, her voice stronger, but still shakey. 'I-if we go now...We can leave town...We need to leave town...And soon. He's connected to this. I know it.'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Boroflint watched as the man drew his sword, "Must everyone assume that goblins are a mean little race of evildoers?! I have feelings too you know!" The female then pushed the elf rather forcefully and Boroflint turned to the drarf, "Jumpy isn't she?"

Shronian
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!