Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Legends of Kaznerath

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Legends of Kaznerath

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abysscrusaid on Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:37 am

This is my first post-rpg game here, so please understand if i make a few mistakes, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the world of Kaznerath.
After meeting a man in a bar you have decided to go on a quest for him.
His offer is high for the job he has had in mind. He wishes you to relieve
a man of an item called "The Staff of Ages". Gives you a warm smile as
he hands you a small change pouch with enough coins to fair you to your
destination. He mentioned that when you were ready to meet him outside
and he would have the rest of those he has gathered for the quest with
him. With a smirk you finish your drink and pay the tavern-owner his share
for the drinks and a little extra in kindness and head for the exit. As you leave
You are knocked unconscious. As you fade out, you hear people speaking.
"Are you sure you know what you are doing?"
"Yes, now bring them along, we'll need them..."
And thats all you remember...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From here is where we start the story off. When i recieve 5 peole's request to join, i will then begin.
After we start i will still take requests to join. I'm sure i'll be able to incorporate those who wish to join into the game.

Rules are as follows:

No Simming (Playing god, dodging every attack, ect.)
No Cusswords
No unauthorized Mass-Change storyline. (message me about it first, we'll go from there)
No idiocratic moves (dont be stupid, such as kicking dirt in a dragons face... i mean COME ON! lol)
Try to be serious, please.

Beyond that, mostly everything else is fair play, lol.

NOTE: things may be added or subtracted from this list during later dates...

To sign up to try this new roleplaying adventure, Message me with the following:

Name
Race
Class
Favorite weapon (Melee and Ranged)
A list of spells your person uses (providing you're a magical class)
or
3 skills your person has

Then describe Him/Her to me.

Limits are as follows:

1st lvl
10 spells, no fatally powerful ones, my discretion
2nd and on...
will be discussed when we get there.

Weapon limits:
stay reasonable, no imaginative weapons. You get 1 melee and 1 Ranged weapon.

Skills:
no godly skills. use basic ones, such as ambidexterity or pick lock.
(NOTE: Everyone know Run, Swim, Clim, and Ride Horse automaticaly. When i say skill, i mean something a normal Human will require practice at doing.)

Thankyou.
Playing in:
None

Gam master in:
Legends of Kaznerath (in the "Fantasy" section)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Abysscrusaid
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Legends of Kaznerath

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:12 am

(Quick question, if I join I want to have a person that uses two melee weapons can I replace the ranged with a melee?)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:54 pm

Name: Anarak Dremorg
Race: Elf Variant
Class: Chaos ranger
Favorite weapon (Longswords & Throwing Knives)
Entangle (once per day) Causes roots to rise and trip enemies AOE 50-60 yards
Ambidextierty
Forage

App: Dangling shoulder length red hair and Whip-cord like muscles Given to him by Hours upon Hours of endless training. Anarak is an attractive person. Not so far as to say beatiful, but Not Ugly,Topaz Blue Eye's lend the appearance of glass to his eye's which always seemed to be glazed over as if deep in thought. Although not neccesarly evil, Anarak refined behavior tends toward the chaotic, although not openly. Years of training has given him a familiarity with nature.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abysscrusaid on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:42 pm

Corvin The Beserker Knight
Anarak The Chaos Ranger

I welcome you to the group...

And please forgive me if i've mistyped labels, lol.

If i can at least get 1 more person to join then we can start this rpg...

and someone consider a mage, they're fun to have in a campaign, lol

Abysscrusaid
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Greeneyes on Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:44 pm

Name: Mirna Silverleaf
Race: Human-Elf Hybrid/Half-breed
Class: Champion
Favourite weapon: Sword, bow and arrows.
Spells/Skills:
Incendio – Can summon flames and manipulate them to some extent
Cura – Can heal small/medium wounds
Forage

Description: Her appearance makes one think she is about 17 or 18 years old. She has dark brown hair, which falls in a braid to her back. Her eyes are ice blue and give the impression that she is staring right through a person. She is agile and a good fighter. Personality-wise, Mirna is a bit reserved, but easy-going and sarcastic. She is a loyal person to those who win her trust, and would do anything to defend her friends.
"Tell people you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly, but mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everyone's a theology scholar." - Metatron, Dogma

Greeneyes: Head of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Greeneyes
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:01 pm

I would like to join your role play, so here's my bio.
Name: Sirus Elmoran
Race: High Elf
Class: Sorcerer
Favorite weapon: An oaken staff with a carving of a lion's head at the top.
Spells: Thunder Clap- basically a bolt of lightning from his hand.
Fire bolt- Hurls a ball of fire.
Seduce: An eye contact spell that causes others to like him more, good for getting information out of people.
Wraith: allows him, through meditation to leave his body as a spirit, this lets him travel great ditances in short amounts of time to explore. However he can only remain out side his body for up to three hours.
Gaurdian: He can summon to him a spectral protector, usually in the form of a white tiger.
The Divine Thought: basically telekinesis, can lift average sized items, I.E. people, some animals ect. for up to 30 yards.
Demon blade: he can summon a magic blade at will.
Teleport: Allows him to teleport up to 150 yards.
Storms rage: he can summon up high winds and heavy rain to a specific area.
Latch Crack: allows him to magically open average locks.

Skills: He can read many languages both present and ancient.
hypnosis on others
Knows alot about medicine

Biography: Sirus was born to two loving parents in a small elven town. He was apprentissed early to a sorcerer and was eager to learn. He has a high sence of morality and is not overly fond of foul language. Though over all he is fairly laid back and easy to get along with. He often uses his sence of humor and sarcasm to express himself. It is this behavior that causes people misjudge him. Though he enjoys good humor, he's full of wisdom and always glad to share it with others. He believes that most people are inheritly good but is not naive. He is tall, 6'4 and slim. He has white blond hair that is shoulder length and combed back. he has a clean shaven face and dark eye brows. over all he is rather handsome and is dressed in a brown leather vest with a long sleeved white shirt. He has Black pants and tall black boots. he also wears a long, emerald green cloak. the cloak is flame proof among other useful things.

Thanks and please seriously consider me! I would really like to be a part of this.
Last edited by Lord Validrir on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Validrir
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dakka on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm

(before all, I must inform you that I only study english, so Please forgive me the mistakes). I'm going to use my imagination a lot while playing(do not think that I am not playing seriously).
Name: Chubrikov
Race: dakka( that's from my imagination, I'll explain it in the description part)
Class: hunter
Fav. weapon: throwing wooden thorns; a fat short sword (as in my avatar)
Spells: N/A
Skills: long jump, hunting, night vision
Descripton: The Dakkas live in the forest of the Brown Lake. They live in a peaceful village and don't attack anyone, but they have the sacred rock of Patience, which they worship and guard with their lives. Chubrikov is very short, like all the other dakkas, and has short brown hair and green eyes. He doesn't have much sense of humor, but in the most dangerous situations, when everyone want to survive, he tells the most stupid jokes. He doesn't like staying in one place for a long time, he likes moving. Fishing is his favourite hobbie. He can do it even when he dosen't have the equipement needed, sometimes he do it with his own hands. He was hunter in the dakka's village, until an evil fiary stole the sacred rock of Patience, and the dakkas told him to find the fiary, but he did'n succeed. For this he was banished and hated by all the dakkas. (sorry for the simple language, I can't find (dont know) more beautiful words)
I'm sorry, I just saw what tomes the others have written, and if it's nessesary I'll write some more bio.
Last edited by Dakka on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Remember your rage. Let it guide your hand.

Dakka
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jabkinez on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:22 am

Name: Gorthas
Race: Gorgon
Class: Thief
Favourite weapon: My long dagger and crossbow
Spells:N/A
Skills: 1)Planning with wings.Can't fly, cause the weight.;2)Climbing on vertical straight walls.
Description: Have 10 sneaks on the head. Has sliver skin and skales. His eyes are yellow. Doesn't mean something. :)
Thats my hero, and sorry for the bad english!

Jabkinez
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:10 pm

Name: Akishra
Race: Human
Class: Street performer, on occasion
Favorite weapon (Melee and Ranged): Carries none
A list of spells your person uses (providing you're a magical class)
or
3 skills your person has: Telekenesis

Akishra was sexually abused by her father for several years as a young girl before finally willing him away. When it worked, she explored her power further, and develloped it far further then anyone before her ever had. She now traveles alone -- though she will team up with others on occaison -- and harbours a deep distrust of men.
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Akishra
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:39 pm

(OOC: ...Is anybody going to respond to this?)

Akishra
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:15 pm

((ooc; i think im gonna take this over, cuz it has definite potential, and i really like anarak.))

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:40 pm

(OOC: Okay then. How do we start?)

Akishra
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm game.

Lord Validrir
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:28 pm

(Can I Join?)
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Xersist
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 pm

(ALL in, ok I jsut came up with a plot, it's kind of touch and go, but iv'e been real busy so, let's get started.) Storyteller ; waking up you find yourself surrounded by people you've never seen before, they all have the look of hardy adventurer's but the last thing you rember is acepting a job from a strange old man looking around you notic a strange almost tomb like entrance sticking out of the ground.

Anarak; Standing and yamning anarak jumped, Immeadetly checked his sword and daggers, once convinced they where secure he leaned. against the stone entrance waiting for the other's trying to figure his location.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:01 pm

Aki hung back slightly, not sure what to do. She had seen the man in the bar, and had been offered the same possition himself, before he, and this made her curious as to his charecter. Nonetheless, she could not so easily overcome her distrust of men. She saw him lean agianst the wall. This implied he wasn't a threat, and so Aki relaxed somewhat. But she never relaxed completely. Nor did she make the first move. She decided to let this man introduce himself first.

Akishra
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:53 pm

((OOC: Well I joined this RP through PM to Himros, So heres my character sheet.
Name: Atral Mekailen
Race: Human
Class: Exiled Knight
Favorite Weapon: Long Sword (He does not carry a Ranged)
Skills: Swordplay.
Description: Atral stands about 5'10. He has Black hair and a medium length black beard and brown eyes. Atral is a solom man due to being exiled from his kingdom because of charges of treachery at a younger age and is wary to all and will not trust so easily. He wears a tatterd cloth shirt and Grey, stained pants, and a brown weather stained cloak, with a long sword scabbarded at his side.))

Atral walked up to the large stone entrance spotting two already there, even though it was extreamly early in the morning.

Atral stoped a good distance from the two, his cloak covering most of his face, looking at the two adventurers, both of them could be a potentiol foe. 'I'll keep a eye them' Atral thought looking at the male human, He had long red hair almost past his shoulders. As for the other human Atral could tell she was female, but nothing else as she stood to far back.

Atral sighed deeply and whispered to himself "If this is all. I'll have my work cut out for me..." He continued to stand back waiting for that man from the bar to show himself. Or any other adventurers to show. Hoping no one would one would come over to talk to him.

Hutch
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Akishra saw the man approaching, and didn't like it. She wondered why he hung so far back, and that made her suspicious. Still, something told her to keep an eye on them. So, she stayed close. She just hoped they wouldn't try anything.

Akishra
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Despite Atrals caution, curiosity got the best of him. When he saw the girl watching him he could not help but to mutter "What you looking at? Girl." He almost wanted to smack himself for saying something like that, it just was not like him at all. Maybe it was just this place, it seemed to have a aura that made Atral uneasy.

Deciding that it was useless to hang back now, seeing how he spoke the first words. He walked up to the other two at the entrance, and leaned on it just like the red haired man, and stared at the girl waiting for a response.

Hutch
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:43 pm

(OOC can I join?)

Name: Hald Ironbender
Sex: Male
Race: Dwarf,
Appearance and Gear (Description): Hald is tall for a dwarf. His deep black hair and beard covering his head. He wears a long braided ponytail with a eagle feathers in it to denote his rank as a scout. His black beard is also braided and has a pair of wolf teeth woven into the end. He carries those as trophies of the first dire wolf he ever slew single handedly. Large ice bue eyes peer from below a huge set of thick black eyebrows. Hald wears plate chain armor and carries massive bi-penis war axe when in combat. Hald also carries a large crossbow and a dozen or so quarrels.

Biography: Hald grew up like all dwarf’s do. In a rough and tumble war camp during. While relatively new to the Steel Legion Hald hopes to make a name for himself, when offered the opportunity to be scout aide to the Jarl Tiberius Strumpf he jumped at the opportunity. He has knowledge of Earth magic but is not very skilled in it and hopes to develop more skill one day.

He has in the last few months had a slow and often times painful change of his views of the humans and other races as he travels the world writing notes and drawing maps for possible future wars. The respect and philosophies of Tiberius regarding the other races at first was off putting, but he listened and observed and his paradigm is slowly shifting. Currently he has been scouting the southern lands with the rumors of war and mapping places best suited to face the army of Trolls, Ogres and Orcs that may come. He is very proud of the fact that he is a scout of the Steel Legion.

Technical’s(favored spells, weapons, fighting styles etc): Hald is a skilled two-handed weapon fighter and carries a huge bi-penis war axe he had commissioned for him. He knows Earth magic but is no where near what one would consider proficient knowing only hopping stones as far as spells goes. Prefering to close with his opponents bringing the weight and power of his axe to bear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(IC)

Hald grunted as he peered around the area. He heard some voices to the left of him. Trudging that way he saw some taller beings, most like elf or human he snorted as he paused to take in the sight. A tall elf carrying a sword and by the way he stood, easy and nonchalant, one with some skill at combat. A small female, unsure of what race he watched her, she seemed skittish and unsure of the others, she moved with a learned distrust. The third member was a human warrior, although by the clothes he wore, one who was down on his luck.
The men leaned on the entrance of what appeared to be a sarcophagus, both eying the female.

"Oi! You lot, where is this place?" shouted Hald as he walked towards them, his great axe held light and easy, but to anyone familiar with weapons, in a way that allowed a strike or parry if he needed. He stopped a few feet away "Hald Ironbender, scout for the Steel Legion. I offered to help an old man and next thing I know here I am. Are you also for that strange fellow?"
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.