Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Let Sleeping Dragons Lie: 1940's Hogwarts

a part of “Let Sleeping Dragons Lie: 1940's Hogwarts”, a fictional universe by Scarlett_Rose.

Hogwarts before Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked through its doors; Back when Riddle roamed the halls

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Let Sleeping Dragons Lie: 1940's Hogwarts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:17 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Let Sleeping Dragons Lie: 1940's Hogwarts"

"Walking down a corridor with tricks right up my sleeve
Bump into this girl that's on my floor
She just wants to see what would it be like to hold hands with someone dark
Who would have known you don't need a wand to start a spark"

The History:

Hogwarts School of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; The finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world was founded around 990 A.D. by four amazing people: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. They each represented an aspect of personality that they wanted to bring out in new students which resulted in the creation of four very different houses

Gryffindor: Bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry. Emblematic animal is the lion and its colors are scarlet and gold.
Hufflepuff: Patience, loyalty, and fair play. Emblematic animal is the badger, and yellow and black are its colours
Ravenclaw: Intelligence, knowledge, and wit.Its emblematic animal is the eagle, and its colors are blue and bronze
Slytherin: Ambition, cunning and resourcefulness. Emblematic animal is the serpent, and its colors are emerald green and silver

However, shortly after founding the school, Slytherin had a falling out with the other founders about blood purity. Slytherin wanted to admit only pure-blood students, but the other three founders disagreed. Slytherin left Hogwarts, but not before he placed a sleeping basilisk within a hidden chamber within a school, a dreadful snake that would be awakened bu his heir and destroy all "impure" magical blood...this is where our story begins

What has already happened before we begin/ Important to know:

1) Tom creates a new name for himself, rearranging the letters of his name to spell, "I AM LORD VOLDEMORT". He uses the name among his most intimate friends at Hogwarts and wanted it, one day, to be a name wizards will fear to speak

"As he moved up the school, he gathered about him a group of dedicated friends; I call them that, for want of a better term, although as I have already indicated, Riddle undoubtedly felt no affection for any of them. This group had a kind of dark glamour within the castle. They were a motley collection; a mixture of the weak seeking protection, the ambitious seeking some shared glory, and the thuggish gravitating toward a leader who could show them more refined forms of cruelty. In other words, they were the forerunners of the Death Eaters, and indeed some of them became the first Death Eaters after leaving Hogwarts." (17.116)

2)Tom opens the Chamber of Secrets and releases the basilisk into the school. Several students are injured and one (Myrtle) is killed.

3)Professor Dumbledore is teaching Transfigurations.

4)Professor Dippet is Headmaster

5) Horace Slughorn teaches Potions and has already reveled to Tom about Horcruxes

What will happen:
*Hagrid is framed for Mrytel's death
Last edited by Scarlett_Rose on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Let Sleeping Dragons Lie: 1940's Hogwarts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PansylovestheBeatles on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:52 am

Ooo this sounds really fun, I've always been interested with this time period in Harry Potter and I am excited for this roleplay!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PansylovestheBeatles
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DyslexicAngel713 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:08 am

Oh I'm hooked! Can't wait to see what else you have to put up!

DyslexicAngel713
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Awesome :D

I'm still typing things up. Look for it this weekend!

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:54 am

role play up ;)

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!