Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Life in Pariah

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Life in Pariah

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kill_goregous on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 am

Pariah, the corner of town that holds all the outcasts. The people that the town, didn't seem to care about or want. These people aren't really mean, or anything just different. They may have a physical imperfection, they may be a loner, the list goes on and on. Whatever their reason, they have come to find the only place they can be is Pariah. Some own a house, some live on the street. Pariah, itself is not all that different from the rest of the town. It has stores, homes, and even a park. Pariah is just a slight downgrade from the rest of the town. It also has the kinds of shops that people in the rest of the town, would be disgusted with. Tattoo parlors, pool halls, hole-in-the-wall bars, and so on. Here the people of Pariah, live their lives, weither good, decent or horrible. They go through their daily lives, their troubles, and trails. Triumphs and victories. Just how would your life go in Pariah?

You can either sumbit some kind of profile, or just go along letting people get to know your character as the story progresses. Please keep all posts at least one paragraph, and have decent descriptions. Anything else you need, or want to know feel free to PM me about it. Have fun!
"Some are lovers, some are fighters. I'm a different breed. I'm both"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kill_goregous
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Life in Pariah

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kill_goregous on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:17 am

Zack sat on the stairs, right outside his small house. He had been there for a while watching the other so called "outcasts" pass by him. At first glance one, would not know why Zack ended up in Pariah. Sure, he dressed a little odd, but nothing really off the wall. The problem with Zack was he was just a quiet, strong-willed nice guy. The world didn't seem to have any use for people like that. At least the world outside of Pariah didn't. It was only here the people gave him a fighting chance, without him having to step up and take it for himself.

His eyes now turned from the passersby, the the now setting fire red sun. That was one of the beauties that the rest of the town didn't have. Pariah was blessed with the view of a beautiful sunset. He watched it for another 15 minutes or so, until it was just almost fully dark outside. He now needed to pay a trip to the mini-mart a few blocks down the road. He needed to get some food and supplies, he was almost out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kill_goregous
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghosting on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:20 am

Long silky black hair framing lively bright blue eyes set on skin as delicate as porcelain, one would think that such a face didn’t belong in Pariah if it were not for the scar that ran across the girls face from one ear to another and over her nose. It was this same face now that blushed gently as a small child in his mother’s arms continued to stare at the shop keeper’s scar even after his mother had paid for what she had bought and was on her way out. With a small sigh she sat down on the stool behind the counter, her blue eyes quickly scanning around the mini-mart to double check if there were any customers left. Glancing outside to see that the sun was setting she stood and slowly paced to the shops door placing a “be right back” sign on it and locking it as she headed to the back of the shop.

With a yawn the girl opened the back door and rummaged around the storage room until she found her bag, zipping it open and withdrawing a plastic container with a metal fork attached to it with a rubber band. Happily the girl headed back out to the shop placing the plastic container into the microwave behind the counter and the headed out to one of the fridges containing drinks. The girl absentmindedly snatched one as she looked over the rack of magazines nearby, her fingers nimbly grabbing one and placing it under her arm as she walked to the door switching the mini-mart sign to open. Walking back behind the counter once more, retrieving her now hot meal from the microwave the girl sat on the stool behind the counter and started to eat, flipping through pages of the magazine between chews. Looking upon her now, her form enfolded within a grey coat and her black hair falling over her shoulders as she “read” the magazine, you could conclude that this was all that was to her just a pretty face tragically scared and nothing more. Yet one will never know until they actually get to know her.

((ooc: Please excuse the randomness in this post! I had no idea what to write but I wanted to join so this what I ended up with.))

Ghosting
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiddo on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:27 am

Nicole walked up to the mini-mart door, and immediately saw the Be Right Back sign. She looked in through the glass window and saw a figure behind the counter reading a magazine. 'Looks like you're back' she thought as she knocked loudly on the door, trying to get the person's attention.

Kiddo
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kill_goregous on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:40 am

Zack reached the mini mart, just in time to see the sign being switched back to open. He walked in and immediatley started searching around for the various items that he was looking for. As he was in the middle of shopping he heard the door to the shop open once more. In stepped, Katrine.... his ex. Not only was she his ex, but she was one of the reasons he ended up in Pariah. One of the biggest reasons at that. Luckily she did not see Zack,and he stepped back into the aisle. It wasn't that he was scared to confront her, he just didn't want to. She wasn't worth his time. She was one year older than he, yet Zack was far, far more mature. She looked around, found some medicine and went up to the counter.

"Hurry up I don't have all day! Im not a loser like you morons, the only reason shop in this godforasken store, is because this medicine is cheaper here than anywhere else!. Otherwise, I wouldn't even step foot in your stupid Pariah." Zack didn't like confronting her, yet he hated somone harrasing others without good cause even worse. Especailly since the person. behind the counter was a woman. With a sigh he stepped out from the corner, and reacted before the woman behind the counter could.

"Then shut the hell, up. Get your damned medicine and leave." Katrine tried to snap back, but Zack was way to quick for her. "Yea, yea yea, im a loser, you're better than me, blah blah blah. Go back to where you belong, along with the other robots." With a angry sigh, Katrine paid for the medicine and ran out the door. "Sorry about her... shes like that" Zack said to the woman behind the counter with a kind smile

Kill_goregous
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghosting on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:48 am

Upon hearing the ding of the shop’s door the girl looked up to see her new customers enter, her gaze brushing over their forms quickly and returning to the magazine below. Finishing the last of her meal upon the approaching footsteps she looked up to see a woman come up to the counter though before she could give her a generic welcoming smile she started shouting at her. Blinking a few times rather taken aback the girl sat and endured the shouts bewildered with out any idea what to do, yet luckily someone came to her rescue. Stashing the money that the woman gave her for the medicine in the cashier the girl looked up to see the face of her rescuer, blushing gently as he apologized for the woman’s actions.

“Thankyou” she said calmly yet rather shyly as she looked upon him her dark blue eyes taking more care this time with examining him “I really appreciate it”. Taking a few moments pause the girl began to think and came to the conclusion that it would be appropriate to introduce herself, “I’m Chloe by the way” she said as she smiled to him.

Ghosting
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kill_goregous on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:08 pm

"Don't worry about it.... that was just my ex. She has her problems, like the rest of the scum that lives out there in the real world." He smiled at her. It was a smile that showed much kindess, and care, but also a world of hidden pain behind it. It was dead obvious in his eyes. "And im Zack it's nice to meet you Chloe." He reached his hand out and shook hers. He looked at her strangley, like he was thinking of something and finally asked. "So.. why are you in Pariah... if you don't mind me asking?" He didn't want to put her on the spot or embarrass her. He was just curious. He was often curious when it came to other people in Pariah. It was his home afterall

Kill_goregous
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghosting on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 am

The smile disappeared from Chloe’s as she looked down at the ground her long hair hiding her face, and more importantly the scar that ran across it. “It’s the scars” she said in an undertone, her eyes becoming blank as she remembered how she got them “they don’t like to see them, reminds them how much better off they are.” Pausing for a few moments Chloe stared absently at her shoes as memories flooded her mind. Shrugging and putting on a happy face once more she looked up to Zack. “Anyway the people are much nicer here” she said her normal tone and happiness returned.

Ghosting
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vega on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:44 am

Kilgore had lost everything. Everything except for the pittance his mother saved for the vacation that would never happen. Then, she died of a rare blood disease that could have been detected and properly treated; just a pill. Just a fucking pill. But, as a full time waitress at a diner and as a hooker whenever she wasn't working, she was barely able to make ends meet as it was. Insurance and doctor's fees were out of the question. So she died. But the feds could never know about that. The people who denied Kilgore's mother every kind of welfare and support would just come and tear his family apart in an instant. So, Kilgore told lies for five straight days, buried his mother in the back yard when even God was asleep. He knew it was wrong, but he would never see Julie walk, or Tony grow up to become a successful person that everyone knows he shall become, the teen did what he had to. Kilgore sees him to his bus then stays home and takes care of Julie all day. He may not be old enough to take custody of his family, but he is old enough to forge his mom's signature and drop out of high school. So that's just what he did.

But the pittance his mother left Kilgore was about to run out, so he took the remains and bought a hand gun from his shady neighbor, Eduardo Stilson. The pistol was a snub nose .38 special with a chrome finish. Kilgore asked no questions with regards to where the gun came from. The boy found sunglasses and a ski mask lying around the trailer. Rent was due by tomorrow, and by god, he would hand the land lord an envelope full of money. He went to the side in a nearby alley, pulled the balaclava over his visage, and slipped the sunglasses over his dull hazel eyes. Kilgore looked in the window and adjusted the mask to make sure not a tuft of his blonde hair was revealed. After he was satisfied with himself the teen made his way around the corner and slamed the door of the mini mart open so that the bells almost flew off the door.

“I’m Chloe by the way”

Kilgore altered his voice so that it sounded deeper and more adult,"Yeah, nice to meet you Chloe, I'm a thug, this is a robbery and I want you to take all the fucking money, walk out from behind the counter and put it on the floor directly in front of me. NOW! AND YOU!"

Kilgore tore the gun form his plain black hoodie and aimed directly at the man standing in front of the counter, "DON'T BE A HERO MOTHERFUCKER. JUST LET HER GIVE ME THE MONEY AND EVERYTHING WILL BE COOL."

Vega
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:21 pm

Daniel was an average guy, or so he thought. He kept his hair short, and had a goatee that he rather liked. No one ever really noticed him though. He wasn't popular, he wasn't cool, he wasn't even all that handsome. But none of those, are the reason he ended up in Pariah. The reason he ended up there, is because he talked to himself, even more so, had full blown conversations in his head, arguments even. Now, the only reason this got out, was because of a girl. He had fallen in love, and he thought she felt the same. He confided in her, told her everything about him. Bad move. Once ot was known that quiet Daniel had talked to himself, he was outcasted quicker than you can say the word.

His life in Pariah though, was more or less the same, He was quiet, never bothered anyone else really. There were things about himself though, things he liked to do. Even people in Pariah thought it was a little odd, which was saying something.

"Damn it, I need more matches...Well, I need to go get some food anyway." Daniel said aloud in his kitchen. He needed matches because he liked to paint, yet burn his work.

So as he made his way down to the tiny store he usually went into, he put his hand against the wall as he walked, dragging it along. He would look around at the other people, watching their movements and what not. This was something he did often, he always seemed to stare.

When he got into the shop, he went straight towards the matches. After which he grabbed a small basket and began to grab random food that sounded good to him. He noticed a rather bitchy female at the front of the store. "Bitchy isn't the word for her..." He thought to himself as he watched her leave. He continued his shopping until he heard shouting.

"DON'T BE A HERO MOTHERFUCKER. JUST LET HER GIVE ME THE MONEY AND EVERYTHING WILL BE COOL."

Daniel ducked in an aisle, so he couldn't be seen, He wasn't petrified no, but he was nervous. He watched on, and that's when a spark happened in Daniel's brain, an argument.

"Maybe I should help them out."

"Maybe you should sit your ass down so you don't get shot."

"Not you again, look, they need help, and I can do it, so why shouldn't I?"

"Do I need to add it up for you? MAN + GUN + SHOOTS YOU = US DEAD! Dumbass!"

"Yea, but what about them? They could die too."

"WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THEM! THEY'RE NOT ME AND YOU!"

"Man, you're an annoying little prick you know that, I'm going to help them."

And with that, Daniel ignored the taunts, insults and pleads of the "voice" in his head. He quietly made his way down the aisle. Noticing a lighter, a Zippo at that, he grabbed it. At the end of the aisle, there was a can of spray paint. "Useful." He grabbed the paint, and slowly opened it up, so it could spray. Sneaking up right behind the thug, he lit the lighter, causing a small clanking sound and said, "Dude, if you like your head, hair and face, I suggest you drop the gun." He said with his other hand holding the paint, ready to spray at a seconds time.
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angleaya Z. on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:24 am

Ahiabell pulled the hood of her jacket closer to her face as she turned the corner. She loved the night, so much easier to be hidden. She had arrived in Pariah around 2 weeks ago. She hadn't talked to anyone since then, nor did she plan to. The people here were ethier settled or getting that way and she was sick of being a burrden. The street light above her went out as she reached her apartment building. She sat on the steps and leaned her head agenst the cement sides. It was nice out. Not too cold, not too hot. As she sat there she started to quietly hum 'A La Nanita Nana' to herself.

Angleaya Z.
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vega on Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:34 am

Kilgore turned took a step towards the front corner of the store so that he could see his assailant. In the voice of another he stated in the plianest manner possible." If you value your life I suggest you drop that shit right now. As soon as you touch the tip of that spray paint, this gun will go off and at three yards, you will be as dead as hip hop. Wait, what am I doing? Let's try this approach. Put down the spray paint," Kilgore shifted his aim so that the scarred cashier was in his line of fire, "I open fire on the girl. There are no minor injuries when you are ten feet away from a loaded .38- 'cept in the movies. So put that shit down, quit trying to be Charles fucking Bronson, and go to the back corner of the store. You have three seconds. "

Kilgore pulled the hammer back on his weapon, and the sound that has become all too familiar through movies and video games and film, "3."

The teen adjusted his aim so that he would hit her in the torso, almost guaranteeing a kill. He would kill everyone in the store if only to keep his family together. His voice was muffled, his shoes too small, and his clothing nondescrpt- ready to be burned in one of those retired petroleum cans that the winos use to keep warm at night, "2."

Vega
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:55 pm

OOC: That Charles Bronson thing made me laugh, hard :lol:

"See? See what you've gone and done. Now we're all fucked, we'll be lucky if he puts a bullet in our brain so it can end quickly!"

"Would you shut up and let me think!? Christ he's probably here for money anyway."

"What makes you think that will stop me from burning you're fucking face off? Honestly now, if you want money, just a get a job you fucking bum."

"Great, you just killed us all.....

"How many times must I say shut up? Really now, shut up."

Daniel pushed himself up onto the thug. He lifted his arms to put the lighter right by his ear, and the spray paint right there. "It looks like we've worked our way into a pickle. Sure you want money, but you probably want your face even more. So, as previously stated, drop the fucking gun you little punk shit, because there is no way in hell I'm going to move from this position."

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angleaya Z. on Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Ahiabell heard yelling in the store down the street. Curiostity took over as she went to go see what was going on. She looked in the window to see one man with a gun pointed a girl and another man with a can of spray paint and a lighter pointed at the one with the gun. *What the fudge?!* she thought, though she was too shocked to do anything but watch the scene before her.

Angleaya Z.
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vega on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:21 am

What is this fucker doing? Risking his life and that of all those around him for a menial amount of money? Kilgore sighs and pretends he is going to drop his gun and right when the barrel is parallel to the ground, he pulls the trigger, hoping to hit the foot of his assailant, or at least get him to back up.

Vega
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghosting on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:33 am

Chloe’s mind raced and light sweat came over her body as she glanced from Zack to the robber and to the man who was trying to stop him. Her bright blue eyes became dull as she stared intently at the robber finding herself thinking about why he would want to rob such a place anyway. It wasn’t as if the shop pulled in a lot of money, the most they ever made was triple her pay for the night and that wasn’t the most ideal amount, usually covering her basic necessities. Suddenly snapping out of her train of thought due to the gun shot, her muscles tensing in a mixture of annoyance and nervousness, Chloe finally came to the conclusion on what she should do. With a small sigh she fumbled with the till and opened its draw, her hands skillfully withdrawing the exact amount of her night’s pay from it. After placing it on the counter Chloe stood, her hands sinking into her grey coat’s deep pockets. “Sir?” she questioned, the word rolling of her tongue oddly as she could tell that he wasn’t as old as he pretended to be, his voice sounding unnatural. “It’s all I can give you, this store doesn’t earn that much and I’ll get fired if I give you the rest” she continued glancing at the till quickly, which seemed almost sad because of its emptiness. “If you leave now without hurting anyone I can promise you that no one will come looking for the money, there are no security camera’s here so my boss won’t know if I don’t tell him. He’ll just assume that I took my pay and went home. Please…”

Ghosting
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vega on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:13 pm

Kilgore glanced from the girl at the register to the Charles Bronson wannabe and said in his fake voice, "Everyone back up, let the girl come around and hand it to me. If anyone fucks around, I have more than enough bullets for everyone here. Clear?"

C'mon dude, just back up and we can all leave without any problems.

Vega
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghosting on Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:09 am

Chloe nodded and ducked behind the counter quickly, withdrawing a small paper bag. Opening the bag silently she slid the money from the counter into it and rolled the top of it downwards making it seem like the bag contained a child’s lunch rather than her days pay. With a small hum of satisfaction Chloe came around from the counter and presented the bag laid on her two flat, outstretched hands. A wide grin came over her face as she watched the robber, her lively blue eyes boring into him yet somehow managing to look happy and calm.

It was odd; she was happy yet sad to see her pay leave her. She had to pay the bills for her water this week and she didn’t even want to think about the electricity bill it was overdue by more than a month now… maybe it was better if she used candles instead like she had been doing. With a sigh she threw the paper bag towards the robber and sat back down behind the counter, she would just have to deal with those problems once she came to them. Chloe picked up the magazine once more and pointed to the door her expression becoming unnaturally harsh. “Now leave” she said as she looked at the robber, her mind starting to race once more, wondering whether or not he would be satisfied with the amount of cash in the bag.

Ghosting
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby Seymour on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Greive woke from his stupor just in time to see the masked man shoving his way out of the store with more than a little spring in his step. The hangover knawed at his head, but he was certainly used to this.

Greive was in Pariah for no reason other than he was penniless. A bum as most would say. His ragged hair and beard betrayed this fact more often than not, and if that didnt tell you he was homeless his clothing would. Dispite his circumstances he was welcomed into Periah with few questions. Greive liked that about this place, the people seemed friendly enough and they didnt ask questions.
Intreiged by the scene he had evidently just missed unfolding infront of him he stumbled to his feet, losing his balance and falling again. Evidently the rum was not quite yet out of his system.
More carefully this time he supported himself on the rail beside him and stood, brushing the nights accumulated dirt from his liquer stained clothing.
Lightheaded, he stumbled across the road towards the store whos door lay open.
Poking his head inside, he grumbled in his usual "morning after" voice:

"So what y'all doing up so early?"
"Health nuts are going to feel stupid one day, laying in a hospital bed, dying of nothing."

Baby Seymour
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angleaya Z. on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:32 pm

Ahiabell looked to her left in time to see a man fall. She took a step to hepp him but stoped when he got up on his own. She decided that she would walk back to her house, it was getting too bright for her to feel comfortable.

Angleaya Z.
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.