A 'Likkle' Piece of My Home

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

A 'Likkle' Piece of My Home

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Lots of you may or may not know this, but I am from Jamaica. I was both born and raised there, and though many things in the U.S make life easier than here on the islands, I have always felt a piece of my heart pull me back here. I am posting from Jamaica now, and I would like to share, with all of you, the places of the island I call home. This is the real Jamaica, not the fancy tourist area's.

I will be uploading every day with new pictures.

From glorious sunsets

To the tiny flowers and colorful leaves

The beaches

And the messed up streets of downtown

The only thing I hate is the bugs. And no. You don't get a picture of them.
"'I'm bored' is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you've seen none percent of. And even the inside of your own mind is endless. It goes on forever inwardly. Do you understand? Being the fact that you're alive is amazing, so you don't get to be bored."

-Louis CK

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonscar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Re: A 'Likkle' Piece of My Home

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terrus on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Thats cool

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Terrus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Well, folks. It's hurricane season.

Moonscar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 pm

By the way, that's clouds layered on top of clouds.

Moonscar
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:23 am

Flowers, flowers, feet? Get to the interesting part! Like underground Jamaican ferret fighting rings! ... Or something.

Still great pictures though, moar!
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ryushima2011 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Wow, your country is pretty amazing! and you take very nice pictures!

ryushima2011
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Very nice Moonscar. It's always really cool to see how someone who's been born and raised in a certain area sees it differently from the tourists.

Absenthia
Member for 11 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:29 am

Thank you all! I had been trying very hard to get the pictures I wanted, and though I missed the opportunities for some, I caught others I did not imagine I would be able to take. I was really trying to capture a lot of town, a lot of the destroyed roads and the smaller shacks that were home for a lot of people, but the drivers were always speeding, so I never got a proper picture.

This was another sunset I managed to capture while walking up this God-awful hill. I was so sore the next day I couldn't move, but I'm happy I got the chance for this one.

This is a very, very small portion of that God-awful hill. Trust me, it is much steeper than it looks. If I pointed the camera forward and not up, all you would see is gravel.

More of town, which always, always looks grey and unappealing no matter how you point the camera. I wanted to capture more people, but you see, it's hard to take a picture of them when they're always looking at you funny.

Oh, but I did do one touristy thing. But local Jamaicans will do this every once in a while, too, not just tourists. We went rafting in the river. The man on the left came to sell us beer.

There's certainly a lot of green in Jamaica. Even in Kingston and more city area's you cannot escape it.

There was a woman at the side of the river that sometimes makes food for the rafters. And oh, it smelled wonderful (What was left of it) I had been so hungry, too.

This is a fallen slave wall from back in the day. Our rafter captain was telling us a lot about it.

And this is the old and current bridge. It's bad quality and far away, but you can see that it is very broken even at this angle.

Moonscar
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!