Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

{Lit/Adv+} Partner Search

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

{Lit/Adv+} Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:21 am

{Lit/Adv+}
A Partner Search

- Ancient Rome / Gladiators
    - Greek Mythology
    - Egyptian Mythology
    - Fantasy (modern or medieval)
    - Post-Apocalyptic Survivalist
    - Courtiers (fantasy or not)
    - Modern
    - Space Opera / Sci-Fi
    - Political War
    - Lost City of Atlantis
    - King Arthur-esque
    - The Labyrinth (fandom spinoff)
    - Dark Fantasy
    - Twisted Fairytale
    - Dragon Riders of Pern (fandom spinoff)
    - High Fantasy / D&D / Etc.
    - Shipwrecked
    - Pirates

Hey! I’ll state the obvious: I’m Modesty, and this is my search for another/more collaborative writing partner(s). That being said, sudden disappearing acts need not apply for obvious reasons! ☺

Wanted:
I’m seeking a lit/adv+ roleplay with 1 – 4 other players. I’m looking for a long-term roleplay with (a) dedicated partner(s). I’d like said partner(s) to be dynamic, willing to co-build plot and interest, take on multiple characters if the story requires it and be open to their characters having flaws. I post an average of 500 words per post, or one Word page, but all I ask is something to work with. I’d love one post per day, would be happy with one every other day and would accept one per week. If interest or activity levels are waning I’d like to have warning. I will hold myself to the same standards. I prefer thread or tab roleplays.

Limits:
I abide by the TOS and rules of RPG. Aside from that, I choose not to roleplay high school students or children as main characters. I’m an adult, I like playing adults. I do not enjoy chasing other’s characters around or forcing interactions. Chances are I probably won’t be familiar with your fandom or anime, though you’re welcome to ask. I have no problem with violence, gore, lust or otherwise dark themes… please tell me if you do.

Genres:
The listed items are broad ideas that, with help, I’d be opened to developing a plot under.I have brief plot lines for some of these if needed. Of course, we are not limited to this list. Please, feel free to suggest if you have your own ideas that have been nagging at you.

Additional:
Interested but can’t decide? Why not tell me what kind of character(s) you feel like playing or eliminating genres you’re not a fan of? I’m sure we can come to a decision together. Feel free to post here or shoot me a PM.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Modesty
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: {Lit/Adv+} Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tinyneonstars on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:29 pm

I just mailed you. (:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tinyneonstars
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Awesome, thanks! I've had a few bites already but I can never turn down a good story. =)

Modesty
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:01 am

I am still seeking one to two more roleplays.

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:31 pm

I am interested in a Post-Apocalyptic Survivalist/Monster Hunter type of roleplay. I would like to be a small group, no more than four with a gender balance. Setting doesn't matter, I tend to build my worlds vast and overly detailed, though a simpler version doesn't hurt. As far as plot, I'm up for anything: whether it is your standard zombie outbreak or a major natural/war-caused global disaster. I would like some constant action though, other than detailed posts about the struggle to survive and day-to-day search for food and shelter.

My stats and skills as a writer and roleplayer can be gathered from my profile. My most recent character give you a idea of the type characters I create and the standard amount if information I am used to giving.

I typically only join my own roleplays and I have bad track record of dropping out of those that are not. When real life picks up, the things that I am not personally invested in, are the first to go in order to relieve pressure. Other than that, I am a dedicated roleplayer who will constantly work to better the roleplay and my character. I usually post once or twice a week, depending on rp activity and RL issues.

OOC wise, I can be friendly and will occasionally chat and joke with others in the OOC. But, in my own RPs, I use chat pads where I am often found hanging around and conversing when I have down time.

If you are still looking for a roleplay, obviously you can reply here as this is your thread, or you can PM me.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Hey Crooked Thoughts!

My 'Post-Apocalyptic Survivalist' genre on the list was more meant as a Book of Eli-esque feel with survivors trying to continue living after the ruin of civilization. While I'm sure that there would be mutated kind of animals, and cannibalistic groups of humans, I hadn't really intended for it to be a zombie kind of roleplay. I think that this would still present a lot of action if we write it correctly. If you were heart set on a zombie outbreak, though, I can be convinced.

While I appreciate how in-depth (and aesthetically pleasing) your character sheets are, I'm not the hugest fan of creating them myself. That's not to say that my character's aren't well thought out or solid, I just prefer not to list off or have to reference copious amounts of information right at the start. If you're wanting several pages of description regarding my character before we even start off the roleplay, well, I'm just not your girl! That said, I still acknowledge how useful character sheets can be so, if you'd really like them, I can create them.

I appreciate the upfront honesty about your dedication. Truthfully, if you think you have any chance of dropping out or disappearing within the first month, I'd rather not start.I like long-term, on going roleplays with partners that are willing to work through rough patches/downtimes should they arrive. I'm not sure what you define as your own roleplays... do collaborations count?

If you'd be so kind as to clarify some of that we can go from there. Thanks for the interest! :)

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Ah, that sounds good. You must have some sort of general plot in mind then? If not, I'm available to brainstorm. I have plenty of ideas on the subject since I have been wanting to do a survival roleplay for the longest time now.

Unless you would like for me to create a standard Character Application for the group, then the default RPG sheet should work. But me personally, I will be using one of my own. That amount of content is just something I have grown accustom, I think it helps you out a lot when writing in character, like a reference sheet.

No problem, just wanted to be honest. As long as the group is talented and the plot is going somewhere, I will be there to stay. Aside from RL complications, those are the two main reasons I dropout: the story going nowhere and bad characters/players.

What makes a roleplay mine and mine alone, is the fact that I created and published it. If it was collabed, then it becomes a shared venture. Though, depending on contribution, the item may belong more so to one party. With this, if you would like to collab on its creation, then it would be both of ours. But, I would consider it my own and treat it as such. Anything I invest time in, I obviously would stick around and hope to see it succeed.

I like to think I am a easy person to work with, I have only clashed with a few individuals over conflicting ideas of how things should be done. But I can't be too bad, since I have multiple roleplays with same people in it and have a small cast of players I consider friends.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Furry Dragon on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Are you still searching for another person to role play with? If so, I would be willing to. I like fantasy and sci-fi role plays. I try to post frequently but real life comes first. I will definitely do my best to stay up to date with my RPs, though. I can come up with ideas and am willing to play multiple characters if needed. Just post here or message me with a reply, please.
Imagine a Balderdash game where Incredible Initials was rolled. The initials were S.M.A. This was one of the responses:

A movie about the lost soul of a murdered person that is laid to rest when 200 sheriffs impersonate him at once.

That's totally the answer, right?

Furry Dragon
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Crooked Thoughts - That sounds great. I'm going to PM you so we can start planning this.

Furry Dragon - I'm pretty much at my quota. If you're okay with a couple of posts a week as opposed to one a day then I'll draw the line after you! I don't want to stretch myself too thin, it just won't be fair to anyone. If you're alright with that then send me a PM and we can work it out!

Thanks for the interest everyone, I am no longer looking for now! :)

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:45 am

I somehow ended up with only one partner out of all of that, so the search is still on. Pretty please. :)

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Still looking!

And while you're at it, check out this interest check from a writer I highly respect! Thanks! :)

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zitacamron95 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Hey, if you're still looking I would love to roleplay with you, I'd be interested in a greek mythology roleplay, anything to do with fantasy or modern, or twisted fairytales.

Zitacamron95
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Dragon Rider's of Pern. <3

The Cynic
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for the interest, Zita! Did you have a preference towards any of the those in particular? I have a few vague plots you may be interested in. Why don't you send me a PM? :)

& I know right! I haven't read a DRoP book in ages, but I'm still in love with the world. Perhaps that's what I'll do to pass the summer...

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 am

After Cynic mentioned you I saw this. I have to say you are one of the few new users that don't make me shake my head in contempt at today's youth and their obsession banal topics. I would love to do a good historical role play. A Roman neo-classical role play that perhaps plays into the various mythos of the regions (Assyrian, Greek, Egyptian, Tribal, etc) would be amazing if it could be done right, I worry though there would not be enough with interest. Still it would be delightful to try.

Pirates would be good as well depending on the era in which the game takes place. If it was during the Privateer phase under Elizabeth I that would be awesome since every country pretty much hated each other but it would lack the freedom of true pirates in the eighteenth and early nineteenth century. I would also enjoy starting something in this genre.

Also as Crooked wrote, you can check my writing style and character development on my profile, but be prepared to read gold-dipped prose like whoa. Keep up the good work.

Smoke

Smokescreen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:07 am

Truth be told I have had a killer migraine all night and I have been trying in vain to work through it. Needless to say, I'm less than eloquent at the moment. And, all I can think of is your "ten rum and coke" face I just happened to see. Haha.

It's obvious you're a major history buff. It's been about five years since I took my last history credit so I'd have to do a little research to get up to snuff on it all. Either way, if you're fine correcting me on any inaccuracies you can count me in. I'm leaning more towards the ancient mythologies, myself, because I see a little leeway there. I've had a few people interested in it as well which shows a potentially receptive audience if you're thinking group roleplay. If you were more pumped about the pirates, though, that route works too.

For some reason unbeknownst to me character posts are not showing up under player's character profiles today. So, what brief writing I have seen looks peachy.

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:13 am

Aww don't judge me harshly! I have a much more flattering picture further back in the mug thread, but since I'm always talking about drinking I figured it was apt. I would love to correct you on any historical foibles you may have that was after all my job at one time. Ancient mythology would be a fine choice; definitely a group environment would be a plus. I think there would be enough to cobble together a decent character-driven plot that people would eat up like a soup sandwich.

Sorry to hear about your migraine, some found that increasing zinc in their diet alleviated some of the more problematic migraines that keeps one in a dark room praying for death. Feel better.

Smokescreen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 pm

No judgement, just amusement. I have more than a few drinking pictures, though I do my best to keep them off the internet. Kudos to you for posting it. While a soup sandwich sounds very soggy, I think I get the gist of what you're saying. (Ha-ha.)

PMs might be easier for discussion. Preference towards Greek / Roman / Egyptian mythology? Did you want it set in ancient times, or adapted to modern? And many other questions...

I take a multivitamin, but I hadn't heard of that. Thanks the tip. :)

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Coloratura on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey if you still need someone I am very interested in historical roleplays, PM me if so.

Coloratura
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 am

Coloratura! If you're looking for someone who is a pro at historical roleplays, I highly recommend PMing Smokescreen (who posted earlier in this thread). His knowledge is astounding. :)

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!